The best herbs for hair loss

anything in excess is bad
can you drink too much water? sure you can die of it, your insides swell your brain, swells, you die from drinking too much water

Ops I maybe should go to Google find a big website about this, cut and paste the whole thing like you did, then pat myself on the back for my big contribution to the board

Found this in 2 seconds in Google
does that make me a special contributor to the board? :clap:

Water intoxication (also known as hyperhydration or water poisoning) is a potentially fatal disturbance in brain functions that results when the normal balance of electrolytes in the body is pushed outside of safe limits by over-consumption of water.[1] Normal, healthy (both physically and nutritionally) individuals have little to worry about accidentally consuming too much water. Nearly all deaths related to water intoxication in normal individuals have resulted either from water drinking contests, in which individuals attempt to consume more than 10 liters (2.2 imp gal; 2.6 U.S. gal) of water over the course of just a few minutes, or long bouts of intensive exercise during which electrolytes are not properly replenished, yet massive amounts of fluid are still consumed.

High risk factors

[edit] Gastroenteritis, particularly in infants and children

The severe diarrhea and vomiting associated with gastroenteritis can result in very large electrolyte losses. Gastroenteritis due to infectious agents (primarily rotavirus), is a major cause of infant and child death. Management of gastroenteritis requires replacing water and electrolytes in proportions that avoid both dehydration and water intoxication. Drinking water will replace lost water and avoid a dehydration, but if the person is unable to take any other drink or food then lost electrolytes will not be replaced, which can result in water intoxication. Replacement fluids for vomiting and diarrhea should be properly balanced to make them isotonic with the fluids lost in these conditions. Special formulations exist for oral rehydration therapy in these cases.

[edit] Low body mass (infants)

It can be very easy for children under 1 year old to absorb too much water, especially if the child is under nine months old. Because of their small body mass, it is easy to take in a large amount of water relative to body mass.[2]

[edit] Endurance sports

Marathon runners are susceptible to water intoxication if they drink too much while running. This is caused when sodium levels drop below 135mmol/L when athletes consume large amounts of fluid. This has been noted to be the result of the encouragement of excessive fluid replacement by various guidelines. This has largely been identified in marathon runners as a dilutional hyponatremia. Medical personnel at marathon events are trained to immediately suspect water intoxication when runners collapse or show signs of confusion.

[edit] Overexertion and heat stress

Any activity or situation that promotes heavy sweating can lead to water intoxication when water is consumed to replace lost fluids. Persons working in extreme heat and/or humidity for long periods must take care to drink and eat in ways that help to maintain electrolyte balance. People using drugs such as MDMA (“Ecstasy”) may overexert themselves, perspire heavily, and then drink large amounts of water to rehydrate, leading to electrolyte imbalance and water intoxication (See the case of Leah Betts). Even people who are resting quietly in extreme heat or humidity may run the risk of water intoxication if they drink large amounts of water over short periods for rehydration.

[edit] Psychiatric conditions

Psychogenic polydipsia is the psychiatric condition in which patients feel compelled to drink large quantities of water, thus putting them at risk of water intoxication. This condition can be especially dangerous if the patient also exhibits other psychiatric indications (as is often the case), as his or her care-takers might misinterpret the hyponatremic symptoms.

[edit] Medical conditions

A great many disorders can affect electrolyte balance, especially disorders of the kidneys. Diuretic therapy, mineralocorticoid deficiency, osmotic diuresis (as in the hyperglycemia of uncontrolled diabetes), and the multiple disorders associated with AIDS are other common causes of electrolyte imbalance, although they do not always produce water intoxication.

[edit] Iatrogenic

When an unconscious person is being fed intravenously (for example, total parenteral nutrition or via a nasogastric tube) the fluids given must be carefully balanced in composition to match fluids and electrolytes lost. These fluids are typically hypertonic, and so water is often co-administered. If the electrolytes are not monitored (even in an ambulatory patient) either hypernatremia or hyponatremia may result.

Some neurologic/psychiatric medications (Trileptal, among others) have been found to cause hyponatremia in some patients. Patients with diabetes insipidus are particularly vulnerable due to rapid fluid processing.

[edit] Treatment

Mild intoxication may remain asymptomatic and require only fluid restriction. In more severe cases, treatment consists of:

* Diuretics to increase urination, which are most effective for excess blood volume
* Saline given intravenously to restore sodium electrolyte levels
* Vasopressin receptor antagonists

[edit] Prevention

Water intoxication can be prevented if a person’s intake of water is limited to his or her losses, this is easily achieved by only drinking when thirsty. Healthy kidneys are able to excrete approximately 1 liter per hour of fluid however stress (from prolonged physical exertion), as well as disease states, can greatly reduce this amount.

Sports drinks are popular among athletes because they provide electrolytes to support extended exercise. However all sports drinks are hypotonic and do not contain enough electrolytes to balance excessive intake.

Water intoxication should not be confused with dehydration, a loss of fluids (with decreased, normal, or increased electrolytes). However, drinking to satisfy one’s thirst is preventative for both conditions.

[edit] Notable cases

* In 2008, Jacqueline Henson, a 40-year-old British woman, died after drinking four litres of water in under two hours as part of her LighterLife diet plan.[3]
* On January 12, 2007, Jennifer Strange, a 28-year-old woman and a mother of 3, from Rancho Cordova, California, was found dead in her home by her mother hours after trying to win one of Nintendo's Wii game consoles in KDND 107.9 "The End" radio station's "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" contest, which involved drinking large quantities of water without urinating. Because of the name of the contest, some believe that not urinating is related to hyponatremia (a condition related to water intoxication). This is untrue; this type of water intoxication is caused by excessive and rapid consumption of (sodium-free) water. No criminal charges were pressed, but the radio show and its staff were terminated.[4] The FCC has launched its own investigation to determine if the station violated the terms of its operating license.
* On October 12, 2002, 3-year-old Rosita Gonzalez of Hollywood, Florida died of water intoxication when her babysitter Nancy Gayoso punished her by forcing her to drink three quarts (2.8 liters) of water in a four-hour period.[5][6] Gayoso was charged and arrested for murder in the first degree on March 10, 2003. After being declared incompetent to stand trial in 2004 and 2005,[7] Gayoso was found competent on March 26, 2007.
* On June 9, 2002, 4-year-old Cassandra Killpack of Springville, Utah died as a result of water intoxication when her parents forcefully fed her as much as one gallon of water in a short period while she was being disciplined. Her parents, Richard and Jennette Killpack, were convicted in 2005 of child abuse homicide. [8]
* Leah Betts[9] died on November 16, 1995 as the result of drinking too much water though her death was initially attributed to taking an ecstasy tablet at her 18th birthday party by the media.
* In a much-publicized case of fraternity hazing, four members of the Chi Tau (formerly Delta Sigma Phi) House at California State University, Chico pleaded guilty to forcing 21-year-old student Matthew Carrington to drink excessive amounts of water while performing calisthenics in a frigid basement as part of initiation rites on February 2, 2005.[10] He collapsed and died of heart failure due to water intoxication.
* In 2003, Walter Dean Jennings, a freshman history major at SUNY Plattsburgh, was pledging the Psi Epsilon Chi when he was forced to drink urine, stay awake for days and consume vast amounts of alcohol during a 10-day initiation and hazing process. On his last night of pledging the unrecognized fraternity, the 18-year-old was forced to drink gallons of water through a funnel, which caused his brain to swell from water intoxication and ultimately resulted in his death.[11]
* On September 12, 1999, US Air Force basic trainee Michael J. Schindler died of heat stroke, severely complicated by water intoxication, two days after becoming seriously ill during a 5.8 mile march. The Air Force changed its recruit training procedures as a result.[12]
* Other notable fatalities due to water intoxication include Australian schoolgirl Anna Wood, [13] 2002 Boston Marathon competitor Cynthia Lucero,[14] and Washington, D.C. police officer James McBride.[15]

Widowspeak: “If you don’t pretend [HanginInThere] is relevent to this site or tell him you achieved regrowth with his so-called “advice” you will be attacked just like he attacks my posts and accuses me of being someone else.”

“The Natural is right. Hangin is ALWAYS the common denominator where there’s trouble. Now Hangin will proceed to “put me in my place” and then call me Kramer.”

mj2003: "Natural, I ignored the prick when [HanginInThere] directly insulted me out of the blue. You can do the same.

The internet is a funny place. It’s kind of like the US Army… “Be All You Can Be”. Everyone sits behind a computer with multiple phd’s and such vast experience these days, but the one thing they seem to lack is Human-Correspondence 101.

Best of luck."

orrible: "I followed hangins regime after spending time on this forum in early 2005 and reading how naturals didnt give you side effects etc. I took beta sisterol, saw palmetoo & green tea extract in combination. After only 2 weeks i had developed gyne. I stopped the hairloss tabs and took anti estrogens but it didnt resolve. In the end i had surgery. I just thought i would post as i havent visited this forum in awhile and i would have appreciated learning about this before my disaster with naturals.

My link is below. If anybody takes the time to read through it you may see me refered to as stonecold. That was my old username on that forum, but i modified it to orrible to correspond with my hairloss forum username.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,3770.0.html"

Hogan: (reply to HanginInThere)“…why I would be jealous of a mentally retarded, balding, 40-something, with no degree, living in the the Philippines? LOL”

Hairoine: “Just wondering if your hair looks so good then why do you bother coming on this board?”

HanginInThere: “I come…because I am bored.”

Hairoine: "Oh right. You do realise though that now no one will listen to anything you say. Am not having a go but if your bored that surely the only reason you come on this part of the forum is to wind people up?

If you have more knowledge than the guys on here and they are not willing to listen then why bother posting anything? I would just let people get on with whatever they want to do and if anyone comes directly to you for help then go for it."

yellbird: “Mental Wards are full of Bored people like him. As the Doctor entered the room he asked how you doing. The reply was I am HANGINTHERE Doc.”

thegreek: [HanginInThere] all your threads end up offtopic or deleted… You are so freaked out that everybody understood what an idiot you are that you try to fill the place with stupid threads.

It will end up offtopic as well… you are the forum clown and you know you cannot change it, pretty soon you are going to freak out completely and fill the forum with BS threads…"

Every village has an idiot…you are officially our idiot."

Hogan: "All of my supporters have regrown their hair and have moved on with their lives. Not hangin(there) around some bulletin board. Unlike some who seek any attention that they can get from any stranger that is willing to flatter them. Get a life.

I haven’t posted on this board for the last year and a half because I have been busy working on my MBA, something you will never have. While you have been busy pitching your horrible regimen on un-suspecting noobs, I have gotten an MBA.

You live a sad, sad life. The only existence you have is on this board."

The Natural: “Most men are sensitive about their hair or lack thereof.”

HanginInThere: “most of us are fine with it then you have crybabies like the natural …”

Willy: “Hangin, You’re so fine with it that you post more than anyone on Hairsite EVERYDAY!!! P L E A S E ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !”

Jtelecom: “Hangin, You need some serious help, man! I think that you should talk to somebody about your feelings on these (and other) issues. These rants of yours are not doing you or anybody any good. Get some help - NOW!”

And the hits keep rolling and rolling :rotfl:

I truly believe that curcumin works better in combination with another herb, resveratrol. A couple of years ago, I tried curcumin, and to be honest, I did not see a significant change in the condition of my hair and scalp. Perhaps there was a problem with absorption.

In January of 2008, my hair loss really began to worsen (stress at work may have exacerbated this condition). A doctor advised me to try Propecia for my hair loss. But after reading about a product called Capsures in one of Col’s posts, I began taking curcumin and resveratrol. Within several weeks, I noticed that my dandruff completely stopped. After a month, my hair loss stabilized.

I returned to see this doctor three weeks ago, and even he had to admit that this combination of herbs was working.

The doctor did not recommend Propecia again.

Widowspeak: “If you don’t pretend [HanginInThere] is relevent to this site or tell him you achieved regrowth with his so-called “advice” you will be attacked just like he attacks my posts and accuses me of being someone else.”

“The Natural is right. Hangin is ALWAYS the common denominator where there’s trouble. Now Hangin will proceed to “put me in my place” and then call me Kramer.”

mj2003: "Natural, I ignored the prick when [HanginInThere] directly insulted me out of the blue. You can do the same.

The internet is a funny place. It’s kind of like the US Army… “Be All You Can Be”. Everyone sits behind a computer with multiple phd’s and such vast experience these days, but the one thing they seem to lack is Human-Correspondence 101.

Best of luck."

orrible: "I followed hangins regime after spending time on this forum in early 2005 and reading how naturals didnt give you side effects etc. I took beta sisterol, saw palmetoo & green tea extract in combination. After only 2 weeks i had developed gyne. I stopped the hairloss tabs and took anti estrogens but it didnt resolve. In the end i had surgery. I just thought i would post as i havent visited this forum in awhile and i would have appreciated learning about this before my disaster with naturals.

My link is below. If anybody takes the time to read through it you may see me refered to as stonecold. That was my old username on that forum, but i modified it to orrible to correspond with my hairloss forum username.

Hogan: (reply to HanginInThere)“…why I would be jealous of a mentally retarded, balding, 40-something, with no degree, living in the the Philippines? LOL”

Hairoine: “Just wondering if your hair looks so good then why do you bother coming on this board?”

Hairoine: "Oh right. You do realise though that now no one will listen to anything you say. Am not having a go but if your bored that surely the only reason you come on this part of the forum is to wind people up?

If you have more knowledge than the guys on here and they are not willing to listen then why bother posting anything? I would just let people get on with whatever they want to do and if anyone comes directly to you for help then go for it."

yellbird: “Mental Wards are full of Bored people like him. As the Doctor entered the room he asked how you doing. The reply was I am HANGINTHERE Doc.”

thegreek: [HanginInThere] all your threads end up offtopic or deleted… You are so freaked out that everybody understood what an idiot you are that you try to fill the place with stupid threads.

It will end up offtopic as well… you are the forum clown and you know you cannot change it, pretty soon you are going to freak out completely and fill the forum with BS threads…"

Hogan: "All of my supporters have regrown their hair and have moved on with their lives. Not hangin(there) around some bulletin board. Unlike some who seek any attention that they can get from any stranger that is willing to flatter them. Get a life.

I haven’t posted on this board for the last year and a half because I have been busy working on my MBA, something you will never have. While you have been busy pitching your horrible regimen on un-suspecting noobs, I have gotten an MBA.

HanginInThere: “most of us are fine with it then you have crybabies like the natural …”

Willy: “Hangin, You’re so fine with it that you post more than anyone on Hairsite EVERYDAY!!! P L E A S E ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !”

Jtelecom: “Hangin, You need some serious help, man! I think that you should talk to somebody about your feelings on these (and other) issues. These rants of yours are not doing you or anybody any good. Get some help - NOW!”

» I truly believe that curcumin works better in combination with another
» herb, resveratrol. A couple of years ago, I tried curcumin, and to be
» honest, I did not see a significant change in the condition of my hair and
» scalp. Perhaps there was a problem with absorption.
»
» In January of 2008, my hair loss really began to worsen (stress at work
» may have exacerbated this condition). A doctor advised me to try Propecia
» for my hair loss. But after reading about a product called Capsures in one
» of Col’s posts, I began taking curcumin and resveratrol. Within several
» weeks, I noticed that my dandruff completely stopped. After a month, my
» hair loss stabilized.
»
» I returned to see this doctor three weeks ago, and even he had to admit
» that this combination of herbs was working.
»
» The doctor did not recommend Propecia again.

hair loss stabilized? wopee
I thought you had regrowth. stabilizing hair loss is easy…this is your big bad oh so great regimen? you stabilized your hair loss? WOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-44006-page-0-category-4-order-last_answer.html

:stuck_out_tongue:

1. Safety: “Ecklonia Cava Extract is derived from an edible specie of brown algae that is harvested from the waters off the coast of Japan, Korea and China. A unique patented water extraction process is used to discard all unnecessary plant materials and stringent microbiological tests are done before it is authenticated to be totally safe for human consumption. Thousands of people throughout Asia have been consuming this specie of algae for centuries. All studies indicate that there are no toxicity at any level. Numerous clinical tests have been done and no adverse effects have been found at any human dose level of 1-10mg/kg,” www.eckloniacava.com.

2. Ecklonia cava extract is not cheap, compared to other herbs. You will more than likely pay over $30 a month for this extract.

3. From a poster named ImmortalHair’s website, "Here’s the deal, oxidative stress (free radicals) triggers insulin resistance. Insulin resistance increases oxidative stress. This cycle, which exacerbates itself to ever progressive levels, is the “engine” that fuels hair loss. As insulin becomes resistant, hair loss advances. This is proven–consult my site for details on that (www.Immortalhair.org).

And this is where Ecklonia Cava comes in. It is super antioxidant, 40% fat soluble, allowing it to stay in the blood for up to 12 hours per dose. Its ORAC value is about 8,300, which is quite high, trapping 10 to 100 more free radicals than green tea and resveratrol.

(Note: The potency of an antioxidant is often determined by its molecular structure, which is made up of rings. These rings provide the antioxidant function. Most flavonoids generally have three connected rings. ECE has up to eight interconnected rings, making its free-radical scavenging ability 10-100 times more powerful than other polyphenols)

Furthermore, ECE is the most powerful inhibitor of Matrix Metalloproteinase-9 (http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-forums/viewthread.cfm?f=1&t=16591)."

Jacob found an interesting site that discusses Seanol: http://biosea.com/Overview-of-Seanol.pdf

» 2. Ecklonia cava extract is not cheap, compared to other herbs. You will
» more than likely pay over $30 a month for this extract.

Note: Since this extract is so versatile, acting as a powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, you could take Ecklonia Cava, and drop some of the other less potent herbs from your regimen, saving money.

Refine your regimen: use herbs that can perform more than one function, efficiently; and refrain from putting together a regimen consisting of herbs designed solely for one purpose (e.g. blocking DHT).

» » 2. Ecklonia cava extract is not cheap, compared to other herbs. You
» will
» » more than likely pay over $30 a month for this extract.
»
» Note: Since this extract is so versatile, acting as a powerful
» anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, you could take Ecklonia Cava, and
» drop some of the other less potent herbs from your regimen, saving money.
»
» Refine your regimen: use herbs that can perform more than one function,
» efficiently; and refrain from putting together a regimen consisting of
» herbs designed solely for one purpose (e.g. blocking DHT).

this information , and opinion you have formed from your own regimen? right?
which is not even capable of regrowth

yeah we hold you way up there on the scale of hair loss expertise:confused:

You seem to view yourself as some sort of board guru, yet your own regimen you dumped completely a year ago right?
Yes we believe that you are the guru of hair loss , and any regimen you recommend we will rush right out and buy it

you sit there posting Googled cut and paste jobs on stuff you have not even tried, and then you recommend herbs to the board based on what? The google page?

Personally I recommend only supplements I have personally used

Try that sometime

Every time HanginInThere, a brownie hound (i.e. someone who likes to follow other people around, sniffing their ass), makes a stupid comment, I am going to remind him of himself:

Best of luck."

Once again you confirm you are a brainless douchebag, too scared to type your own words

thank god for cut and paste , or else The Unnatural would cease to exist

Every time HanginInThere, a brownie hound (i.e. someone who likes to follow other people around, sniffing their ass), makes a stupid comment, I am going to remind him of himself:

Best of luck."

Hairsite: “Hangin’ please leave forum members alone.”

The Natural:

I have read through ImmortalHair.org and most of what he says makes a lot of sense. The supplements that are mentioned make much more sense to me than SP, Beta-sis and vits/mins. I am going to give his advice a try. Thanks for posting the information.

» The Natural:
»
» I have read through ImmortalHair.org and most of what he says makes a lot
» of sense. The supplements that are mentioned make much more sense to me
» than SP, Beta-sis and vits/mins. I am going to give his advice a try.
» Thanks for posting the information.

Hey Jtelecom, you are welcome.

I agree with a lot (but not all) of what IH states as well: the number of supplements and the amount he prescribes, I feel, can be a bit much at times. This notwithstanding, he and the information that he provides have been extremely helpful to many.

Pete had mentioned (albeit condescendingly so) a desire to have real conversations about hair loss, so I hope that he too has had a opportunity to visit the site.

Well, IH puts the information out there in an unbiased fashion and does not promote any products, which is good. He does give recommendations, but there are many similar brands/choices for each of the supplements he recommends. He seems to truly want to help rather than to promote.

» Well, IH puts the information out there in an unbiased fashion and does not
» promote any products, which is good. He does give recommendations, but
» there are many similar brands/choices for each of the supplements he
» recommends. He seems to truly want to help rather than to promote.

Absolutely. I feel the same way. IH does have advertisers on his site, but has never tried to persuade me to choose one brand over another. Always helpful, very humble person.

After they got all “cooky” with lasers over there at Regrowth.com, IH and others just stop frequenting. Lasers appear to be effective for hairloss; but as Jacob stated, I have yet to see “wow results,” nothing that herbs (internals and topicals) have not done for me and others, which by the way, a majority the laser posters are using anyway, so…

The more I learn about this Ecklonia Cava, the more I become interested in trying it out.

» The Natural:
»
» I have read through ImmortalHair.org and most of what he says makes a lot
» of sense. The supplements that are mentioned make much more sense to me
» than SP, Beta-sis and vits/mins. I am going to give his advice a try.
» Thanks for posting the information.

jtel just because SP beta sis and vits mins dont work on YOU It does not mean they are good or bad, all our bodies react differently to different supps

your case is not easy to treat most guys respond to natural dht blockers

» Well, IH puts the information out there in an unbiased fashion and does not
» promote any products, which is good. He does give recommendations, but
» there are many similar brands/choices for each of the supplements he
» recommends. He seems to truly want to help rather than to promote.

is that a jab at me? LOL
there are about 1000 brands of SP, beta sis, pygeum nettles etc
unfortunately only about 2 hairloss super vitamins that I have found, wish there were mor

you are just mad because your balding has not responded to a similar regimen to mine so you say it does not work, which sounds a bit like sour grapes

after all nothing has worked for you right?