Ramatroban results thread

From what I understand of the science, I should have gotten better results with the Ramatroban than the Indo/Chromo. That, however, has definitely not been the case and I’m no longer willing to watch things deteriorate. So, back to Indo/Chromo I go!

That’s a real shame. I for one have not noticed reduced shedding after being on I/C for about 2 weeks. Shedding hasn’t really increased, just stayed the same. I’m going to stick with it thru 2013 nevertheless. Hopefully with minox it will promote regrowth. If I can just revert my hairloss to 2011 I’ll be set until a cure comes around…

I’d get back on I/C and ride out the year, see what happens.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by conpecia[/postedby]

I’d get back on I/C and ride out the year, see what happens.[/quote]

Yeah, that’s my plan. At least I know the Indo/Chromo did no harm. I don’t know that about the Ramatroban.

Just want to let everybody know that it’s been about 2 weeks of I/C combo for me at once a day application and I’m still shedding pretty much the same if not a little more.

I also started Regenepure at the same time so maybe that can explain the shed, but I know for damn sure this hasn’t magically stopped my loss.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by RickH[/postedby]
From what I understand of the science, I should have gotten better results with the Ramatroban than the Indo/Chromo. That, however, has definitely not been the case and I’m no longer willing to watch things deteriorate. So, back to Indo/Chromo I go![/quote]

if you feel it isn’t helping that perhaps you do need to take action, but in case my experience helps. I’ve been on ramatroban for slightly longer than you, and i too experienced a very bad shed on it. However - my hair is starting to improve gradually, and along the hairline (where the hair started to shed first) I am seeing some very dark hairs come through.

If ramatroban is working, and blocking only pgd2, i guess it makes sense that shedding may occur, as prostaglandins that help hair growth may become more expressive.

Dude it’s exactly what i was thinking about, im on indo/chromo since 1month/1-2weeks, and it’s clear that i’m facing a shedding, but i’m certain that by the pgd2 inhibition, shedding can’t be avoided. It’s all clear for me, if drugs like minox or finasteride cause shedding, then i’m 100% sure that that indo/chromo or ramatroban will cause it too!!

I have same story, I quit Indo and Chrom to get on the Ramatroban/Cloprostenol and it didnt work, I even lost a few hairs. Ive since switched back to only minox, Indo/Chromo and hair is looking better. I still have these vellus hairs all over that are stuck at small size, if I could just get these to mature. The Indo/Chromo definetly stopp my shedding.

Alec, don’t you think that dutasteride has big part in your hair condition? Cuz sincerelly the indo/chromo makes me shed, and im sure of that cuz im apllying it on all the front of my head, and that’s the area where i’m shedding so bad, but i’m sure that the hair will come back, pgd2 play a big part in the mpb!

I was on duteresteride for a while along with the chromo and Indomethacin. I didnt notice anything different so I just quit using it. I might get back on it for a longer time to see if it helps regrowth

we’re getting competing sets of information. first we have a bunch of people claiming that their loss has stopped within days. now people are saying there’s an initial shed. let’s please try to keep this as scientific as possible.

i personally am experiencing a shed, having been on indo/chromo since June 29th.

is this a good sign in the same way it’s a good sign with finasteride or minoxidil? am i forcing weaker hairs out to allow for stronger hairs?

I’m on it since the first week of June
-First two weeks : Incredible sensation that my hair were so damn healthier, thicker etc…(as it did with propecia).
-After the second week until today : Shedding, and as i said it i’m sure that i’m shedding cuz i’m loosing hair from the front, the same area where i’m apllying the indo/chromo.

My point of view, as the finasteride or minoxidil, the inhibition of pgd2 provokes an stimulation to the hair follicules which raise their growth rate, and when this signal is too strong, the hair has to fall for coming back later, stronger than ever.
It would be totally irrational that pgd2 blockers cause hairloss, so i’m convinced that as jgray said, the hairs will come back.
What is very scary but also interesting is that we are the “frist” few guyz on this kind of drugs(pgd2) so we just don’t know what we have to think, but im sure that is a normal shedding phase.

Sorry for my bad english, i’m spanish.

I also want to say, that i have some tiny hairs on my hair line, not vellus hair but tiny, i just don’t know if they’re some new hairs, or if i just noticed them cuz i’m freaking obsessded by my hairline since few weeks and they were there for a while.

I never had a shed, I started Indo/chromo in December 2012 and it immediately stopped my hair loss. after about 6 months I quit the Indo/chromo and just used Ramatroban and Cloprostenol. There was no growth and it appeared my hair wasnt as healthy and I even lost a few hairs, but nothing like before. So my experience is that Indo/Chromo stopped my hair loss and produced vellus hairs in previously shiney bald spots. Now I am just on Minox, Indo, and Chromo and hair is looking good but not filling in bald areas, no regrowth. I will probably add Duteresteride soon to see if that helps.

Hey Alec,

How long were you on Ramatroban and Cloprostenol for?
It’s a shame you experienced a deterioration, i honestly think that with these kind of products you need to stick it out, despite the shedding. However - if your hair was much better before hand i can certainly understanding your motivations.

it’s been almost two months on ramatroban, after initial shed hair is starting to thicken, no itching, and lose a very low number of hairs a day.

Your post give me some hope jgray, so you think that i should stick on it despite the shedding?

Okay, based on what you and Poulal have said, I’ll stick with it a little longer. I have Indo and Chromo (which never caused me to shed and actually caused my hair to appear thicker) on order, so I will add them to the mix, as well. We’ll see!

Poulal, I’ve not been on Indo i’ve been using ramatroban so I can’t completely relate to your situation, but i certainly stuck with it through a shed.

Rick, perhaps you should stick it out, but that’s your decision. Also, FYI, about six months ago i experimented with topical cetirizine,(supposedly a weak pgd2 blocker) and experienced a shed. Similar to now, i had a shed around the 1 month mark, however my hair did recover from that also and there was a slight improvement. This improvement however was not good enough to stop me from trying ramatroban, a more proven pgd2 blocker.

Yeah i know, ramatroban, indoChromo and other pgd2 blockers are the same thing for me even if they act in some differents way.
Rick if u was using ramatroban, just stick on it, or go back with indo/chromo but do not change and stay with it, i’m sure that we all gonna have some good results in the next months

Hope you guys are right. My hair is shedding pretty bad. Seeing lots of scalp in the crown and the hairline is getting higher weekly. A guy said I was gonna be Ginobili soon, no one has ever commented on my hairloss like that before. Hopefully it’s just a big shed and I’ll recover… I am dedicated to sticking with it for at least two months but I won’t just lose all my hair over it. Might never grow back.