Open letter to helpme007 (and all young fencesitters)

Hi Fittest,

You know that I knew the risks good enough. Now I have done it and that is unchangeble. I take fin and minox to avoid more hair loss, but its sure, that they may stop working sometime. Ok, I don’t know how I will look at 40 in terms of hair. Maybe bad.

Anyway, my hair transplant isn’t growing very fast and I dont know how it will look at the end. But it changed much in my life, because I wanted that it would change much in my life. Its a self-fullfilling prophecy.

It changed myself so much, that whatever comes, i know that I will be able to handle it. I don’t know what I will do exactly when I lose more hair. But there will be a solution to stay happy.

I’m not afraid of what may happen in 10,20 years. I don’t think there is any risk to my happiness. I’m emotional not that volatile anymore. I’m 25, not 17. There is a big difference. And its more ok to have hairloss at 25 than at 17. Don’t always think guys at 25 are stupid. We are not.

» Hi Fittest,
»
» You know that I knew the risks good enough. Now I have done it and that is
» unchangeble. I take fin and minox to avoid more hair loss, but its sure,
» that they may stop working sometime. Ok, I don’t know how I will look at 40
» in terms of hair. Maybe bad.
»
» Anyway, my hair transplant isn’t growing very fast and I dont know how it
» will look at the end. But it changed much in my life, because I wanted that
» it would change much in my life. Its a self-fullfilling prophecy.
»
» It changed myself so much, that whatever comes, i know that I will be able
» to handle it. I don’t know what I will do exactly when I lose more hair.
» But there will be a solution to stay happy.
»
» I’m not afraid of what may happen in 10,20 years. I don’t think there is
» any risk to my happiness. I’m emotional not that volatile anymore. I’m
» 25, not 17. There is a big difference. And its more ok to have hairloss at
» 25 than at 17. Don’t always think guys at 25 are stupid. We are not.

Hi, helpme007,
congratulations to this answer. That just right on the point and also my opinion. As you are taking Minoxidil and Finasterid, they will make the lost of hair much slower, than without them. You are just right, when you say, it is not the most interesting, what will be in 20 years. There will be also an answer to find, when this time has come. But now is your life where you are young and want to compete with the other young in many many ways, also regarding the girls. Therefor it is the right decision. But anyone has to decide for himself. If there are other guys, for whom there appearance isn’t important, they can decide their way. I have started my first HT at the age of 44. But the reason was, that HT’s 10 or 20 years ago weren’t so high developed as now and the results that time weren’t natural enough. Otherwise I would not have waited until I was NW 5.

» » Hi Fittest,
» »
» » You know that I knew the risks good enough. Now I have done it and that
» is
» » unchangeble. I take fin and minox to avoid more hair loss, but its
» sure,
» » that they may stop working sometime. Ok, I don’t know how I will look at
» » in terms of hair. Maybe bad.
» »
» » Anyway, my hair transplant isn’t growing very fast and I dont know how
» it
» » will look at the end. But it changed much in my life, because I wanted
» that
» » it would change much in my life. Its a self-fullfilling prophecy.
» »
» » It changed myself so much, that whatever comes, i know that I will be
» able
» » to handle it. I don’t know what I will do exactly when I lose more
» hair.
» » But there will be a solution to stay happy.
» »
» » I’m not afraid of what may happen in 10,20 years. I don’t think there
» is
» » any risk to my happiness. I’m emotional not that volatile anymore.
» I’m
» » 25, not 17. There is a big difference. And its more ok to have hairloss
» at
» » 25 than at 17. Don’t always think guys at 25 are stupid. We are not.
»
» Hi, helpme007,
» congratulations to this answer. That just right on the point and also my
» opinion. As you are taking Minoxidil and Finasterid, they will make the
» lost of hair much slower, than without them. You are just right, when you
» say, it is not the most interesting, what will be in 20 years. There will
» be also an answer to find, when this time has come. But now is your life
» where you are young and want to compete with the other young in many many
» ways, also regarding the girls. Therefor it is the right decision. But
» anyone has to decide for himself. If there are other guys, for whom there
» appearance isn’t important, they can decide their way. I have started my
» first HT at the age of 44. But the reason was, that HT’s 10 or 20 years ago
» weren’t so high developed as now and the results that time weren’t natural
» enough. Otherwise I would not have waited until I was NW 5.

hi ernst,

thank you for your nice answer!

» Hi Fittest,
»
» You know that I knew the risks good enough. Now I have done it and that is
» unchangeble. I take fin and minox to avoid more hair loss, but its sure,
» that they may stop working sometime. Ok, I don’t know how I will look at 40
» in terms of hair. Maybe bad.
»
» Anyway, my hair transplant isn’t growing very fast and I dont know how it
» will look at the end. But it changed much in my life, because I wanted that
» it would change much in my life. Its a self-fullfilling prophecy.
»
» It changed myself so much, that whatever comes, i know that I will be able
» to handle it. I don’t know what I will do exactly when I lose more hair.
» But there will be a solution to stay happy.
»
» I’m not afraid of what may happen in 10,20 years. I don’t think there is
» any risk to my happiness. I’m emotional not that volatile anymore. I’m
» 25, not 17. There is a big difference. And its more ok to have hairloss at
» 25 than at 17. Don’t always think guys at 25 are stupid. We are not.

I don’t think anyone can tell you whether hair transplant is suitable for you or not, ultimately it’s your own decision what makes you happy, you do it for yourself, you don’t do it to make others happy. As long as you have done your homework and are fully aware what is the worst that could happen (maybe not now but 10, 20 years in the future), then I think people ought to respect your decision.

nice post slashed… this makes sense.:wink:

Hey helpme007,

» Don’t always think guys at 25 are stupid. We are not.

I don’t think that at all! Rather the opposite, as I’ve tried to make clear at various points in this thread. It’s precisely the smartest guys who are most vulnerable to the siren song of HT.

The smart guys can rationalize; the smart guys can sling words. Guys like yourself and windjc are the opposite of stupid. But that doesn’t mean you are wise – which is something very different. Wisdom, alas, only arrives with time and experience. And often not even then. Our regrets are great teachers; our mistakes are stern taskmasters. Wish it could be otherwise, but youth will have its way.

I realize that 17 and 25 are very different things. And I believe you when you say that you’re less volatile now. You certainly are. And I understand that you felt you had to do something to change yourself, to attain some peace of mind and spirit. I understand and sympathize.

Don’t worry about your HT. HT is rarely about growing “fast.” I once wrote a post: Don’t rush the timelines on HT. Maybe you can find it on the other site and it will ease your mind. Your HT will come in fine. As always, it’s the longer term risks I’m worried about. But you know the facts, as you say.

Thank you for a rational and civil response to my post. But smart young lurkers and fencesitters should try and understand my point about smart guys and their ability to rationalize. It’s the key point made here in this thread.

My best to you helpme007, contact me any time.

TheFittest

the fittest,

Your words are golden… I hope that ghost readers, really understand the gravity of your posts.

hairtech… Tom

» Hey helpme007,
» Guys like
» yourself and windjc are the opposite of stupid.

» TheFittest

Lol. I’m 36, not 17 or 25.

I opted out of a HT in my twenties and early thirties for all the reasons you have mentioned.

I may not be “wise”, but the little wisdom I have accrued over my 36 years tells me that at some points we have to take risks in life and, in so, “risk” regretting our decisions.

Otherwise, we might just have regrets about what we could have done and never did.

In the end, I agree with MOST of what you say. But I think that if someone is in their mid to late 30’s or older, has responded well to meds, has a decent chance of not ending up a NW 6 or 7, has researched a top of the line surgeon, is ok with hair that’s not as thick as the toupees worn by moviestars, has a good grip of their mental and emotional faculties, and DESIRES a HT, then they should get one.

Get one, then take personal responsibility for the result.

And, as for “wisdom”, I have found that the greatest lessons in life are learned from our own mistakes, not from those of others, no matter how “prepared” we try to make ourselves by seeking our elders advice.

BTW, I hope you continue to enjoy your successful HT and that it stays squarely and thickly on your head until the day many decades from now when you pass on.

» » Hey helpme007,
» » Guys like
» » yourself and windjc are the opposite of stupid.
»

» » TheFittest
»
»
» Lol. I’m 36, not 17 or 25.
»
» I opted out of a HT in my twenties and early thirties for all the reasons
» you have mentioned.
»
» I may not be “wise”, but the little wisdom I have accrued over my 36 years
» tells me that at some points we have to take risks in life and, in so,
» “risk” regretting our decisions.
»
» Otherwise, we might just have regrets about what we could have done and
» never did.
»
» In the end, I agree with MOST of what you say. But I think that if someone
» is in their mid to late 30’s or older, has responded well to meds, has a
» decent chance of not ending up a NW 6 or 7, has researched a top of the
» line surgeon, is ok with hair that’s not as thick as the toupees worn by
» moviestars, has a good grip of their mental and emotional faculties, and
» DESIRES a HT, then they should get one.
»
» Get one, then take personal responsibility for the result.
»
» And, as for “wisdom”, I have found that the greatest lessons in life are
» learned from our own mistakes, not from those of others, no matter how
» “prepared” we try to make ourselves by seeking our elders advice.
»
» BTW, I hope you continue to enjoy your successful HT and that it stays
» squarely and thickly on your head until the day many decades from now when
» you pass on.

you are absolutley right, sometime we have to take risks to gain something. thats so true. sometimes you have to decide wether you get a HT or not. you cant always wait until you are 35, 40, 45 and so on. Sometimes you just have to do something. If I had followed TheFittest way, I would have waited until I was 35. I wanted to do a HT already at 20. I waited 5 years to really do it, which was too long in my opinion. If i had waited 10 more years until 35 - or I better say if hadnt done it 6 months ago and would now wait the next 10 years, I would always think, “what if I would do it”. and some years later I would think “what if I had done it”. And thats the biggest problem of waiting with a decision. You always think those thoughts. You get crazy, if you dont take a decision. And in this context, the way young people think - “I have to do this or that fast because I dont have that much time” - is NOT irrational. Not to do a HT for 5 years didnt let me develope normally. I developed all these things in my personality in the last 6 months since my HT and I will develope my personaltiy more in the next months and years. It was so important to do it this year, at 25. This was surely too late, but better late than even later or never. The problem with youth is, its the time when you and your destination decide how you live your life for the next 40 years. You cant clear some things or develope your personality and where you get in life at 35 or 40. You do this in your teenager years and your twenties. And if you dont take a decision and do a HT, because you want to get sure until your baldness has developed completley, you will not only regret it, but you will also dont experience many great and happy things. And if you dont experience those, you dont get far in life. So, you must decide. If you dont do it, you will have a less happy - and in my opinion and experience - even a less successfull life. And this not only at 25,26,27 but also in all these 40 years after. Usually at 20-23 life decides how you will be and how will live your adult life. In my life, this didnt happen in this age, it happens now, at 25. And i know that this process is not over and will go on for - i think - the next 2 years.

At the moment is the most important time in my life. Everything which is important to me, will happen now and the near future or it will never happen. Some things you just have to do in your youth and you cant do it later. Everything I learn now and how I change , will stay until i die. And again, if something like things with girls or my grades at university will not be of success now, i will never be successfull in these things.

If hadnt done my ht 6 months ago and had waited until 35 or 40, I couldnt archieve in life what I can archieve now, where i did it. I absolutley believe this. I dont know if this is a fact for every person. But personally for me, these 3 days at dr. mwambas clinic changed my life more than anything ever before and I know that nothing will happen in my future which will change my life this much.

Im 100% happy that I did this HT at 25. It was successfull to 1000%. Whatever happens to my hair in 10-20 years or in 5 years or whatever: it is impossible that it will look pluggy since i went to a good doc. if I lose my natural hair, i still have the option to shave it or I can let a doctor take out the transplanted hairs again or I do another HT or whatever. This is the worst case. I ALWAYS can shave it. I will maybe have some little white dots in my donor and more hair in my front than behind, but im absolutley that it will look ok shaved and noone will think anything about it.

Thats the worst case and its not a problem , so there is no point you can say that this was wrong. I dont say “Do a hair transplant”, but for me it was the perfect decision. Im absolutley sure that its impossible that i will regret it. No way.

» If I had followed TheFittest way…

the Fittest way? Man i dont know the details of your procedure or if it makes you feel better to downplay all the possible risks of your decision by naming common sense, conservative planning and thinking “thefittest way” but i assure you…

there are many of us who understand all the shortcomings of transplants, all the risky prerequisites for transplants to work at least short term, all the future risk and we chose not to do it not because “thefittest” said so but because our own eyes,common sense and logic says so.

thruthtales,

Not everyone thinks like you. And maybe some folks need to read this type of opinion. Opinions vary. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

You are bringing your own emotions into this. :frowning:

» » If I had followed TheFittest way…
»
»
» the Fittest way? Man i dont know the details of your procedure or if it
» makes you feel better to downplay all the possible risks of your decision
» by naming common sense, conservative planning and thinking “thefittest
» way” but i assure you…
»
» there are many of us who understand all the shortcomings of transplants,
» all the risky prerequisites for transplants to work at least short term,
» all the future risk and we chose not to do it not because “thefittest” said
» so but because our own eyes,common sense and logic says so.

ok.

» thruthtales,
»
» Not everyone thinks like you. And maybe some folks need to read this type
» of opinion. Opinions vary. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.
»

What are you talking about?Ofcourse everyone can have his opinion and share it, but “thefittest way” lol …I mean come on leave the poor guy alone next thing you know he might imply that thefittest is responsible for his mizery until he had a transplant lol.

helpme007,

When you write:

“I have to do this or that fast because I dont have that much time” - is NOT irrational.”

You give a good example of what I mean by rationalization. It is simply not true that you “don’t have that much time.” You do have that much time, and negative consequences from bad decisions can trail you through your entire life.

You need to consider the risks against the --unlikely and often stunningly disappointing-- rewards. And this careful weighing of risk/reward is what the irrational young person, obsessed with now, is particularly ill-suited to do.

Because they lack real, gritty knowledge. Very few prospective HT patients, even now, bother to seek out finished, long-completed HT results in patients with similar starting characteristics, even though the Web has made finding such people infinitely easier. They are too lazy, and too infatuated with the rare “homerun” celebrity HT results. And yet nothing could be more absurd and misleading than these celebrity HT’s. Young guys are so easy to sucker…so vulnerable to the sly and sleazy sales pitch…

An example. Some years ago when video began to be used in an attempt to document HT, everyone was talking up video as if it represented a fundamental advance on the miserable near-informationlessness of pics. I was a dissenter. Because I knew video was subject to the same inevitable limitations as pics, esp. to the viewer unschooled in personal observation of HT in daylight.

And now, very unsurprisingly, Jotronic posts that the “old videos” are basically worthless – b/c we’re using only High Definition now. And while it is true that HD video is an improvement upon the ridiculously vague and sparsely pixellated standards of previous video, it is still virtually useless to the inexperienced eye.

Nothing has changed. Neither the psychology of the young prospective patients (and the not so young ones), nor the radical insufficiency of “pics” and “vids.” A billion pixels won’t help you if your eye has no idea of how HT-hair really sits, falls, and moves on the head in that sun-drenched and windswept mall parking lot.

This has been a useful thread. The song remains the same. See at least 6 long-finished, similar-starting-characteristics HT patients in-person before committing to this lifelong, expensive and often harshly disappointing surgery. Above all, realize that celebrity HT results have less than nothing to do with your likely results.

Take your time; take years; take forever. HT is forever, and the regret of something done stupidly stings far worse than that of a missed opportunity to indulge a mere passing vanity.

Take care,
TheFittest

» » thruthtales,
» »
» » Not everyone thinks like you. And maybe some folks need to read this
» type
» » of opinion. Opinions vary. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.
» »
»
» What are you talking about?Ofcourse everyone can have his opinion and
» share it, but “thefittest way” lol …I mean come on leave the poor guy
» alone next thing you know he might imply that thefittest is responsible
» for his mizery until he had a transplant lol.

Out of hundreds of posters… and seasoned posters for that matter… there are few of them who “get it”. Moreover, some have had an HT, and some have not. The fittest really understands the dynamics of the industry and I trust him way more than even some of the representatives of clinics to educate the patient and especially psychologically… since he has dealt with this on a personal level before and after his HT’s.

I am not down playing your opinion but just saying bro… :expressionless:

» » » thruthtales,
» » »
» » » Not everyone thinks like you. And maybe some folks need to read this
» » type
» » » of opinion. Opinions vary. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.
» » »
» »
» » What are you talking about?Ofcourse everyone can have his opinion and
» » share it, but “thefittest way” lol …I mean come on leave the poor guy
» » alone next thing you know he might imply that thefittest is
» responsible
» » for his mizery until he had a transplant lol.
»
» Out of hundreds of posters… and seasoned posters for that matter…
» there are few of them who “get it”. Moreover, some have had an HT, and some
» have not. The fittest really understands the dynamics of the industry and I
» trust him way more than even some of the representatives of clinics to
» educate the patient and especially psychologically… since he has dealt
» with this on a personal level before and after his HT’s.
»
» I am not down playing your opinion but just saying bro… :expressionless:

Sorry but I really dont understand the point you are trying to make. Anyway no problem , there are very good information in this thread and i think we should leave it at that.take care

the fittest, always nice to see you posting bro

»
» Out of hundreds of posters… and seasoned posters for that matter…
» there are few of them who “get it”.

To hairtech
:lol: I wanna be one of those few out of hundreds.I wanna be special:clap: . Do you think I am able to get it:lookaround: ?

In the past when I was younger my friends and relations had known what to do with me… some of them used to advise me to go to the army, others to become a lawyer like my dad, and others gave me other advices; now that I am over36, and that I have been already in the army, and finished that stupid/boring law school, and did bunch of other things, it would seem that all earthly possibilities have been exhausted, and people have given up advising me, and merely sigh or shake their heads…:no: .

I wanna be special:crying: . I wanna play with you,the seasoned, but no…you ignore me … Please I don’t want to be lonely and talk to my self, I wanna be one of you guys, seasoned. Yeah,call me paranoid :lookaround: (as well) but I know perfectly well that the disdain with which I am talked to and avoided talked to is founded not so much on reverence for the experience over here as is on a secret dread that I should become famous,:lol: and should set the whole web site talking about me…ya… :lol3: :yes: I was called psycho…here…:hungry: A? Well, I am special and what is worse, and go ahead laugh…though unprofitable and unpleasant, I will still sit here by and feebly retorted, hoping that I might at last be understood ,by some few special ones eh? he he he he :clap:

to thefittest:
Thank you Sir, I enjoy reading your posts and I always do.I think I get it and I agree with you.Take care.

Truthetales we may have had an understanding… :ok:

John35…

I never saw you getting called a psychopath… And if you did I am sorry… especially if you are trying to find information… truthful information. And since you understand “the fittest” postings… then you “get it”. :slight_smile:

» Truthetales we may have had an understanding… :ok:
»
» John35…
»
» I never saw you getting called a psychopath… And if you did I am
» sorry… especially if you are trying to find information… truthful
» information. And since you understand “the fittest” postings… then you
» “get it”. :slight_smile:

yeah man…just having a beer browsing this site. I am benevolent, I am not picking a fight…I learned one thing in life, I believe it is true,…more you get to know someone, less things you find to dislike about him. I don’t care how someone is calling me really, just pisses me off for a minute or two…then I see how true that is and I laugh.Cheers…

I totally agree john35!:clap: