About Pilox

Your point is?

http://tx.technion.ac.il/technion/dimotech/essay.html

http://isas.hu/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Dr.-Nadav-Pam-Israeli-Dermatology-Assosiation-35th-annual-congress-Medical-evidences-of-the-therapeutic-effect-of-edible-gelatin-on-TF-and-AGA..pdf

So OK, you’ve posted two links there that have to do with Technion and hair research. The top link is slightly impressive, at least it looks serious, but what does it have to do with Pilogics or Pilox? And by the way, if this researcher is associated with Piliel, how is that good news? Piliel was at best marginal news around 2002, but has long since faded from anyone’s radar.

The second link isn’t impressive at all. So it’s a presentation about how some scientists found that feeding gelatin to alopecia patients may promote hair growth. I would think if their findings were really that impressive, it would have been global news for a while now. Seems like just some incidental, marginal research.

So, what exactly are you getting at? What does this marginal, fringe research have to do with Pilox or anything we’d be concerned with now?

And please don’t say it shows that Technion has done some great hair research because it doesn’t show that.

Patent for Electromagnetic signal apparatus to alter PGD2 levels in scalp

SYSTEM AND METHOD FOR TREATING HAIR LOSS
Aug 06, 2012 This invention generally relates to an electromagnetic treatment apparatus and a method for using same to achieve modification of cellular and tissue growth, repair, and maintenance, and tissue function by application of electromagnetic information. Particularly, the invention relates to using pulsing electromagnetic fields (PEMF) of very low energy to enhance growth and repair of cells and tissues involved in hair growth and regeneration. More particularly, this invention provides for methods, which are directed to treating hair thinning and/or loss by promoting the maintenance, growth, and restoration of hair by delivery of electromagnetic signals to a target tissue, such as scalp tissue. The electromagnetic signals promote hair cell maintenance, growth, and restoration by modulating biochemical processes that regulate hair cells, such as prostaglandin levels, resulting in stimulation or enhancement of growth, proliferation of hair cells, and or limiting/eliminating hair loss.

http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20130035539

this electro-magnetic stuff to grow hair sounds very much like snake oil along
the lines of magnetic hair brushes and laser helmets.

Deleted

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by Freddie555[/postedby]
this electro-magnetic stuff to grow hair sounds very much like snake oil along
the lines of magnetic hair brushes and laser helmets.[/quote]

Yes, I think all this electro-magnetic stuff is snake oil, or if any of it is not, the burden of proof is on the inventors to prove that it’s not.

Can we not talk about pilox please? I dont know why the board is so obsessed with this, the chance that this works is beyond slim, maybe it works for some people but we are probably talking about minoxidil like results anyway.

We need a true cell based treatment, not another minoxidl, propecia, lasercomb!!!

man, this is a thread about pilox.
if you don’t want to read about it, you have to stay away from this thread.

of course, we need a cell based treatment. it will be the final cure from tsuji labs (or dr. nigam if we are lucky =) ). but it’s probably at least 7 years away, so we have to deal with other stuff.

pilox is totally different from minox, fin, and laserhelmets.
i personally also hate fin and minox, i’m not using it anymore. i hope we can get rid of that old stuff and get into a new era of advanced hairloss treatments. pilox for now and tsuji in the future.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]
I really can’t believe it.

PREDICTION FOR 2014: PILOX WILL TURN OUT TO BE A TOTAL, UNMITIGATED DISASTER, A COMPLETE DISAPPOINTMENT, NOT EVEN WORTH SPENDING 5 MINUTES THINKING ABOUT.

I am absolutely amazed at how freaking gullible people on this website are!
[/quote]

Anybody can make this prediction about every single potential hair-related product or advance ever announced and be right 99% of the time.

The other 1% of the time, you would likely only be half wrong (in that a given product or advance might be mildly helpful or mildly optimistic, but still ultimately disappointing).

This will continue until we finally get something that can significantly help balding people, whenever that might be.

In the meantime, there’s nothing wrong with discussing potential treatments like Pilox. It certainly doesn’t make us gullible. Only a very small handful of posters here have “bought into Pilox” hook, line and singer" as you say. The rest of us are simply looking at it with curiosity and in some cases mild optimism.

The comparison to Nigam is interesting. As others have mentioned, Arashi has posted a laundry list of reasons why we should be suspicious, including but not limited to the photoshopped pictures. For all your negativity about Pilox, I do find your credulity when it comes to Nigam a little bit much. At least when it comes to Pilox, we don’t as far as I know (I haven’t been on here for a little while), have any active reason to believe they are untrustworthy. It doesn’t mean the product will come to anything, or that the people behind are in fact legitimate, but until demonstrated otherwise, the potential product remains interesting.

The notion that the people who find Nigam suspicious “simplistic”, “infantile” or “simple-minded” is, I feel, highly absurd. As you seem to otherwise apply a degree of rigor to his critical thinking, I’m a bit surprised at you for saying this. Maybe you don’t feel that Nigam is untrustworthy, but surely you can see why others legitimately do?

Its the easiest thing in the world to have some monkey like Arashi show up and
take a sh&t on someone or something. Who can’t do that?

They get their rocks off attacking researchers or products as it makes them
feel important in their otherwise lame lives.

The fact is Nigam is pursing experimental methods which make good sense from a
scientific basis. He’s been sharing it on this forum (or was) until monkeys
who get their rocks off attacking researchers started showing up. He’s got
enough credibility and his qualifications as a doctor have been proven legit.

Frankly I couldn’t a give a damn about qualifications or controversy. I’m
more interested in his experimentation methods & results - positive or negative.

Nigam sits in a jurisdiction that affords him the ability to experiment. When
you consider how FEW hair loss researchers there are on this planet and how
rare it is to find one with the ability to carry out active experimentation at
low cost, you`d understand how important his efforts are.

This forum is for experimental & alternative methods and for show & tell. If
monkeys don`t want to hear about experimental treatments, why the fuc.k are
they even here.

apparently most are assuming or know that yoram from pilox2 is the same guy as yoram in a really plain vanilla all to familiar russian sc** website that has zero credibility.

If this is the same yoram, case closed in my book. Would you put your hopes on histogen if they sell an onion juice topical and claim it reversed baldness? No you won’t.

somehow folks seem sure about the association between this russian crap and pilox2…

PREDICTION FOR 2014: PILOX WILL TURN OUT TO BE A TOTAL, UNMITIGATED DISASTER, A COMPLETE DISAPPOINTMENT, NOT EVEN WORTH SPENDING 5 MINUTES THINKING ABOUT.

[postedby]Originally Posted by licht[/postedby]

Anybody can make this prediction about every single potential hair-related product or advance ever announced and be right 99% of the time.

The other 1% of the time, you would likely only be half wrong (in that a given product or advance might be mildly helpful or mildly optimistic, but still ultimately disappointing).

This will continue until we finally get something that can significantly help balding people, whenever that might be.

In the meantime, there’s nothing wrong with discussing potential treatments like Pilox. It certainly doesn’t make us gullible. Only a very small handful of posters here have “bought into Pilox” hook, line and singer" as you say. The rest of us are simply looking at it with curiosity and in some cases mild optimism.

The comparison to Nigam is interesting. As others have mentioned, Arashi has posted a laundry list of reasons why we should be suspicious, including but not limited to the photoshopped pictures. For all your negativity about Pilox, I do find your credulity when it comes to Nigam a little bit much. At least when it comes to Pilox, we don’t as far as I know (I haven’t been on here for a little while), have any active reason to believe they are untrustworthy. It doesn’t mean the product will come to anything, or that the people behind are in fact legitimate, but until demonstrated otherwise, the potential product remains interesting.

The notion that the people who find Nigam suspicious “simplistic”, “infantile” or “simple-minded” is, I feel, highly absurd. As you seem to otherwise apply a degree of rigor to his critical thinking, I’m a bit surprised at you for saying this. Maybe you don’t feel that Nigam is untrustworthy, but surely you can see why others legitimately do?[/quote]

I don’t understand why some people attack Dr. Nigam. I read somewhere that based on IQ scores the men who do something about their hair loss are supposed to be intelligent men. I was expecting to find a smart enlightened crowd when I talk with hair loss sufferers who are seeking a cure so I was surprised to find that the peanut gallery prevails at some of these sites. There is NO reason to insult Dr. Nigam. Period. I don’t care about his “OLD” photo-shopped pics. He has explained that and his explanation is satisfactory. And it hasn’t happened again since Dr. Nigam assured that it wouldn’t happen again. Case closed. And there is no other evidence against Dr. Nigam.

Arashi whined about Dr. Nigam switching patients which almost everyone knows is a false allegation. Arashi whined about Dr. Nigam posting photos in black and white but once we heard Dr. Nigam’s explanation, and saw the original pics, it was clear that Dr. Nigam did nothing wrong. All of Arashi’s allegations are like that - it’s all bullsh!t.

Arishi is an idiot who makes baseless character assassinations.

I’m sure the depth to which Arashi and others went to expose inconsistencies and or unethical behavior in what Nigam was doing required a lot of effort. Effort, let’s call it due-diligence, done so that balding people needn’t be taken in by yet another con-artist.

Sure, like you, I care mostly about results. Verifiable results from a source we can trust. We don’t have any evidence that Nigam has managed to duplicate or clone a single hair. Since we don’t have that, all we really have to look at is Nigam’s actions and reputation. That’s been discussed here at length, and people can draw from that discussion whatever the choose. If Nigam isn’t trustworthy, or if he isn’t doing worthwhile research, then the fact that he is in a lax jurisdiction doesn’t really amount to much.

If it makes you happy to call people who disagree with you about Nigam or who have worked to expose what he has done names then go ahead. I’d much rather just know the truth.

[postedby]Originally Posted by licht[/postedby]

The notion that the people who find Nigam suspicious “simplistic”, “infantile” or “simple-minded” is, I feel, highly absurd. As you seem to otherwise apply a degree of rigor to his critical thinking, I’m a bit surprised at you for saying this. Maybe you don’t feel that Nigam is untrustworthy, but surely you can see why others legitimately do?

[postedby]Originally Posted by jarjarbinx[/postedby]

I don’t understand why some people attack Dr. Nigam. I read somewhere that based on IQ scores the men who do something about their hair loss are supposed to be intelligent men. I was expecting to find a smart enlightened crowd when I talk with hair loss sufferers who are seeking a cure so I was surprised to find that the peanut gallery prevails at some of these sites. There is NO reason to insult Dr. Nigam. Period. I don’t care about his “OLD” photo-shopped pics. He has explained that and his explanation is satisfactory. And it hasn’t happened again since Dr. Nigam assured that it wouldn’t happen again. Case closed. And there is no other evidence against Dr. Nigam.

Arashi whined about Dr. Nigam switching patients which almost everyone knows is a false allegation. Arashi whined about Dr. Nigam posting photos in black and white but once we heard Dr. Nigam’s explanation, and saw the original pics, it was clear that Dr. Nigam did nothing wrong. All of Arashi’s allegations are like that - it’s all bullsh!t.

Arishi is an idiot who makes baseless character assassinations.[/quote]

What about Nigam lying about his age? Has that been clarified also?

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by licht[/postedby]
I’m sure the depth to which Arashi and others went to expose inconsistencies and or unethical behavior in what Nigam was doing required a lot of effort. Effort, let’s call it due-diligence, done so that balding people needn’t be taken in by yet another con-artist.

Sure, like you, I care mostly about results. Verifiable results from a source we can trust. We don’t have any evidence that Nigam has managed to duplicate or clone a single hair. Since we don’t have that, all we really have to look at is Nigam’s actions and reputation. That’s been discussed here at length, and people can draw from that discussion whatever the choose. If Nigam isn’t trustworthy, or if he isn’t doing worthwhile research, then the fact that he is in a lax jurisdiction doesn’t really amount to much.

If it makes you happy to call people who disagree with you about Nigam or who have worked to expose what he has done names then go ahead. I’d much rather just know the truth.[/quote]

You don’t want to know the truth. You want to believe lies about Dr. Nigam and spread those lies as far as you can. In fact, before and after photos posted by Dr. Nigam establishes that he has accomplished some regrowth. You’re claims to the contrary are lies just like everything else you say about Dr. Nigam. Any honest fair-minded person would agree that Dr. Nigam has regrown some hair on some of his patients. Period.

ludicrous!

jarjarbinx, no need to get so worked up over what some posters said, time will tell if Nigam is for real or not. The good thing is that he is trying everything imaginable under the sun so he is bound to come across something that works. There are certainly things about Nigam that are controversial but as long as he can deliver the results, everybody will shut up.

Time will tell?

Time has told.

It’s been at least two years since Nigam’s claims started. Nothing to show but a series of questionable things about him. I believe he is really looking for a legit treatment but he’s basically taking money from clients to experiment on them. It’s nearly shooting in the dark and hoping something that Aderans was restricted from doing will work.

Why must something work? Just because we really want it to? What kind of reasoning is that?

I’m sorry to be so pessimistic but keep it real. The situation with HM is not promising at all for at least the next decade. Nigam is worth watching but not worth any emotional investment.

I’ve been hanging around here for 6-7 years but I’m just about finished with it. This HM race was fun to watch while all the DP cell stuff looked promising but we’re back to where things were 10 years ago. There are decent long term projects in the works but nothing short term is likely to amount to anything commercial.

I totally agree with you cal.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by cal[/postedby]
Time will tell?

Time has told.

It’s been at least two years since Nigam’s claims started. Nothing to show but a series of questionable things about him. I believe he is really looking for a legit treatment but he’s basically taking money from clients to experiment on them. It’s nearly shooting in the dark and hoping something that Aderans was restricted from doing will work.

Why must something work? Just because we really want it to? What kind of reasoning is that?

I’m sorry to be so pessimistic but keep it real. The situation with HM is not promising at all for at least the next decade. Nigam is worth watching but not worth any emotional investment.

I’ve been hanging around here for 6-7 years but I’m just about finished with it. This HM race was fun to watch while all the DP cell stuff looked promising but we’re back to where things were 10 years ago. There are decent long term projects in the works but nothing short term is likely to amount to anything commercial.[/quote]