WOW Results from Israel-- Photo Evidence

My God…is that right??? What on earth is going on? They must have been visited by some lawyers or something.

I’ve never seen BTT taking such drastic actions before! Even when the whole Iron-Man Gho fiasco was going on!!!

If I had to guess, I’d say Follica is getting ready to sue them, if they haven’t done so already.

If it gets held up in legislation for years, Cotsarelis may find himself defending his house against a mob of bald guys with pitchforks and torches. And I can’t say I would blame them.

Weird stuff indeed. I would guess Follica are involved, they have a history of hiding stuff from the public. In the other corner Pillox have been giving out trial photos to hairdressers and letting anyone who asks join in the trial, which is all very casual in comparison. Follica seem like the most likely to get aggressive.

Sue who? on what grounds?

I don’t think follica can sue bald truth for a thread about a competing product. That makes literally zero sense.

follica MIGHT be able to sue Pilogic LP but I doubt that…

My guess is either pilogic (pilox II guys) contacted spencer (although, as was mentioned in this thread, this seems somewhat unlikely with the given circumstances)

or spencer is just being the “consumer advocate” that he is, and axing anything that will piss off his clients---- hair transplant doctors. Which seems more and more likely as he silenced joe to bring up one of his clients— doctor Wesley LOLOL

that place is a joke. I wish it was used less so I didn’t feel the need to check it— but unfortunately it is used often. I mean, thats where the pilox II photos were first leaked.

Wo! Doke made a thread a few hours ago about why are threads being deleted without making any direct reference to Pilox. A few other ppl also asked the same question in the thread and all of a sudden BOOM! They just deleted the entire thread! No comments…nothing~!

This thread definitely didn’t break any of the forum rules! What on earth is going on!!!

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by Desmond84[/postedby]
Wo! Doke made a thread a few hours ago about why are threads being deleted without making any direct reference to Pilox. A few other ppl also asked the same question in the thread and all of a sudden BOOM! They just deleted the entire thread! No comments…nothing~!

This thread definitely didn’t break any of the forum rules! What on earth is going on!!![/quote]

Spencer is a consumer advocate. fact.

this is why I LOVE when everybody over at that forum is like “whats spencer think?” “well spencer said” “spencer says” “well if spencer feels that”

F*** Spencer. Guy isn’t bad but people act like his opinion is any better than anyone else. He is not a doc, not a researcher, not particularly scientifically inclined (not anymore than an average joe). I just don’t see why his opinion is the end all be all of so many subjects over there. It’s a joke.

Desmond I also think that something peculiar is going on at tb.t. They’re acting very strange about this. I think it may be a positive sign but I’m not sure because people are allowed to discuss it here at Hairsite so Hairsite is under no pressure to omit this topic.

Tald Bruth isn’t the only place that stuff happens.

Try going over to the HT forum right here at Hairsite, and posting some harsh (but fair) pointed challenges & criticism of a certain well-advertised FUE clinic that specializes in low hairlines. That thread won’t last long either.

From another forum (obviously not Tald Bruth)

Re: Piloxll - the Salvation would come from Zion? (with pic
by Elevation » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:53 pm

So, I got the machine, and even met couple of the guys you saw on the pics. that’s the real deal guys. I’d get some pics of the machine later, but Yoram is one of the most knowledgeable people you’d ever meat - AGA wise, and not just on the stuff we use.

------end quote

GUYS! THIS IS THE REAL DEAL I THINK!

Spencer and all the HT docs (especially wesley, as he dumped tons and tons of cash and the last 5 years of his life into pilofocus) are all SH*TTING THEMSELVES

Spencer is going to be back to selling used cars in a couple years and he knows it lol. All the HT docs are going to have to revert back to botox and laser hair removal LOL!!!

I’ve been trollng these forums for half a decade waiting to see this. So happy right now.

Obviously still skeptical until I see hair on my head, but this just keeps getting better and better. So pissed I don’t live in Israel.

How soon til it’s FDA approved? I assume we could order them from out of country (like people do with all the CO978F drugs)

I want to give JarJarbinx a high five— thats how amped I am right now

I have some faith in the Israeli technology but I have more confidence in Dr. Nigam because he is taking what Aderans/Replicel are doing and pushing it much MUCH further. I hope Dr. Nigam finds the right combination of things to get cell therapy to produce a lot of new hair instead of producing just a little hair. I think with all the cell techniques he’s combining he has a good chance of finding the right combination but hopefully it will be soon.

I think the Israel treatment is years away.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by needhairasap[/postedby]

So, I got the machine, and even met couple of the guys you saw on the pics. that’s the real deal guys. I’d get some pics of the machine later, but Yoram is one of the most knowledgeable people you’d ever meat - AGA wise, and not just on the stuff we use.

------end quote

Spencer and all the HT docs (especially wesley, as he dumped tons and tons of cash and the last 5 years of his life into pilofocus) are all SH*TTING THEMSELVES

Spencer is going to be back to selling used cars in a couple years and he knows it lol. All the HT docs are going to have to revert back to botox and laser hair removal LOL!!!

I’ve been trollng these forums for half a decade waiting to see this. So happy right now.

Obviously still skeptical until I see hair on my head, but this just keeps getting better and better. So pissed I don’t live in Israel.

How soon til it’s FDA approved? I assume we could order them from out of country (like people do with all the CO978F drugs)

I want to give JarJarbinx a high five— thats how amped I am right now[/quote]

[quote]I have some faith in the Israeli technology but I have more confidence in Dr. Nigam because he is taking what Aderans/Replicel are doing and pushing it much MUCH further. I hope Dr. Nigam finds the right combination of things to get cell therapy to produce a lot of new hair instead of producing just a little hair. I think with all the cell techniques he’s combining he has a good chance of finding the right combination but hopefully it will be soon.

I think the Israel treatment is years away.

[postedby]Originally Posted by needhairasap[/postedby]

------end quote

I want to give JarJarbinx a high five— thats how amped I am right now

[postedby]Originally Posted by jarjarbinx[/postedby][/quote]

officially revoked my high five

No, I think Follica might be suing Piloxil for patent infringement, and they told Spencer, so rather than continue to promote Piloxil, and encourage possible infringement, he removed the stuff from the BT site.

That’s just my guess, and it’s a complete guess, based on what we see so far.

I kind of see the benefit of private forums in a way![/quote]

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by cal[/postedby]
Tald Bruth isn’t the only place that stuff happens.

Try going over to the HT forum right here at Hairsite, and posting some harsh (but fair) pointed challenges & criticism of a certain well-advertised FUE clinic that specializes in low hairlines. That thread won’t last long either.[/quote]

This is true. Basically every hairloss forum on the internet is used to advertise hair transplants. I don’t think there’s a single public forum where I could post anything critical about their paid sponsors.

It’s a shock that the hairloss community hasn’t created an advertisement-free discussion forum, where we’re free to post our thoughts and experiences, without being censored. Maybe SAGA could become that site but it’s long overdue.

Guys, something serious is going on with Pilox II. BTT has freaked out.

They’ve taken down a major thread that did NOT break any of the rules, while preventing ppl posting about Pilox II!!!

They also have added a new feature, whereby all comments MUST be read by a moderator before becoming visible online!!!

Pilox II spooked them…really weird. This company must have really scared them with potential for litigation!

I think we are onto something with this product or they wouldn’t go out of their way to censor information on a baldness forum of all places!!!

I’m really disappointed in BTT not giving any reason for taking such drastic action :([/quote]

My first impression of the product/thread was that it was a scam.

But the reaction is extremely strange. There’s plenty of snake oil threads on that forum, for example the 500 page long TRX2 discussion, that haven’t been touched. So for them to be deleting any mention of the product, without explanation, is really unusual.

I have no idea if the decision is justified or not, but the lack of transparency is extremely disappointed. If this is a legal issue or the owners contacted them, at least hint at it. Leaving everyone on the forum completely in the dark is the wrong approach.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]
No, I think Follica might be suing Piloxil for patent infringement, and they told Spencer, so rather than continue to promote Piloxil, and encourage possible infringement, he removed the stuff from the BT site.

That’s just my guess, and it’s a complete guess, based on what we see so far.[/quote]

I think it’s a stretch. I doubt Follica spent $150-$500k to patent (multiplied by every patent they’ve filed) worldwide-- especially in the tiny market of israel.

but it’s possible they are getting ready to file a lawsuit for when pilox II is launched…

I dont know. It seems like stretch to say follica contacted spencer who then removed the stuff…it’s possible.

only time will tell I guess.

Why are you so down on this thing roger?

[postedby]Originally Posted by JJJ Jr. S[/postedby]

My first impression of the product/thread was that it was a scam.

But the reaction is extremely strange. There\\'s plenty of snake oil threads on that forum, for example the 500 page long TRX2 discussion, that haven\\'t been touched. So for them to be deleting any mention of the product, without explanation, is really unusual.

I have no idea if the decision is justified or not, but the lack of transparency is extremely disappointed. If this is a legal issue or the owners contacted them, at least hint at it. Leaving everyone on the forum completely in the dark is the wrong approach.[/quote]

BTT forums have gone down hill in a bad way. Having any kind of an honest discussion over there is impossible due to the constant meddling of that twit winston. I’ve already noticed an uptick the users posting here…probably refugees from BTT that are tired of having their discussions clipped.

I highly doubt that the Piloxll thread was deleted due to Follica taking legal action. In fact, that idea is pretty ridiculous and seems to be not much more than the imagination of some posters. If someone has any info to corroborate the follica lawsuit idea, i’d love to hear it. Otherwise, I think the more likely explanation is that either Winston didn’t like the nature of the discussion and deleted the thread. He seems very capricious in metering out his judgments. And i wouldn’t put it past the schmuck to do it without saying why. Or, the original poster found himself in over his head with the sceptics and decided to bail, and asked to have the thread deleted.

I haven’t looked at the Pilox II patent and closely compared it with Follica, but conceptually and practically speaking they seem unbelievably close. It almost seems like Follica would be fools NOT to get really upset by this.

Can anyone point out for me why or how the Pilox II stuff isn’t ridiculously close to Follica?

Follica wouldn’t have had to file for a patent in Israel to have standing to sue for infringement. If Israel is a signatory to WIPO treaties and protocols, Follica would have legal standing.

Unless follica has patented a dermarolling wheel that conducts an electric charge across the epidermis, facilitating the placement of metal ions. I don’t see how there would be any infringement at all. You can’t patent a biological process like wound healing so there is no issue there. The only place it could be is in the device used, and i didn’t think Follica had anything like that at all.

[quote]Why are you so down on this thing roger?

[postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]

I haven’t looked at the Pilox II patent and closely compared it with Follica, but conceptually and practically speaking they seem unbelievably close. It almost seems like Follica would be fools NOT to get really upset by this.

Can anyone point out for me why or how the Pilox II stuff isn’t ridiculously close to Follica?

Follica wouldn’t have had to file for a patent in Israel to have standing to sue for infringement. If Israel is a signatory to WIPO treaties and protocols, Follica would have legal standing.[/quote]

It is very close, but close doesn’t cut it in patent law.

I also don’t think WIPO applies, this does Patent Cooperation Treaty - Wikipedia

What follica could have done is file a PCT application (basically a place holder patent) (about $5k) which would give them about 2 years to file anywhere in the world (who signed the PCT treaty) and have their filing date be the date of the PCT application. So, they dont have a worldwide patent, they have the option to patent, within 2 years, anywhere in the world (accept the few a-hole asian countries that didnt sign the treaty).

So, they have 2 years to decide where to file, but they still have to file… so if they let that two years run out, or decided to file in larger markets other than israel (its very expensive to file in ever country in the world, typically you have to pick and choose your best markets)-- but if Follica didn’t file in israel (highly unlikely they did) then Follica is sh*t out of luck.

of course, the above assumes that Follica has the same method as Pilogic II, which is also unlikely.

Yes, follica has wounding patents, but you can’t just say “we patent wounding for hair, and any method that could possibly do that”.

Rather, a patent must give a person who “knowledgable in the art/field” the ability (like a blueprint) to re-create your process. This is theoretically of course-- they dont make somebody go recreate it.

So, the chances follica has a patent EXACTLY like pilogic is slim, and if Follica did, the chance follica has patented worldwide-- is also slim.

One issue may be if pilogic has built upon follica.

For instance, if I invent and patent the ballpoint pen… I can stop you from making it. You can patent a ball point pen that retracts-- a retractable ball point pen. And you can stop me from making a retractable ballpoint pen . BUT you can’t make the retractable ball point pen unless i agree to let you use my patent.

So, we have to come together for a ball point pen to be brought to market. This is the only issue i see possibly happening— and even then I find it hard to believe the two companies wouldn’t come to an agreement with a product that could have tens of billions dollars in revenue over 10 years.