WOW Results from Israel-- Photo Evidence

Claims from a recent Pilogics L.P. Patent: 6/13/2013

WHAT IS CLAIMED IS:

1. A device to stimulate a scalp comprising:

an array of stimulating elements adapted to pierce skin of said scalp no deeper than a thickness of a dermis, said stimulating elements are arranged along a circumference of at least one wheel, said wheel adapted to roll over said scalp.

1. The device of claim 1 wherein said stimulating elements comprise needles.

2. The device of claim 1 or claim 2 wherein said stimulating elements release ions.

3. The device of any one of claims 1-3, wherein said stimulating elements are further adapted to additionally stimulate the scalp to enhance movement of said ions to a level sufficient to cause a significant biological effect.

4. The device of any one of claims 1-4, wherein,

a first group of stimulating elements of said array comprise a first metal;

a second group of stimulating elements of said array comprises a second metal; and

the electrochemical gradient is sufficient to cause ions to travel in an amount sufficient to cause a biological effect.

1. The device of any one of claims 1-4, wherein:

said stimulating elements of said arrays comprise at least one metal; and said metal has an electro potential sufficient to cause ion injection.

1. The device of any one of claims 3-6, wherein said ions comprise at least one of copper ions and zinc ions.

2. The device of any of claims 1-7, wherein:

said stimulating elements are arranged to part hair on scalp during piercing by said stimulating elements;

said arranged to part hair comprises stimulating elements separated from one another along a dimension to form a gap sufficiently wide to avoid trapping hairs; and

said dimension comprises between 2mm and 5mm.

1. The device of any one of claims 1-8, wherein:

said stimulating elements of said array are separated by 0.1mm to 1mm along an axis;

said stimulating elements are adapted to pierce skin to at least one depth between 100 micrometers and 1700 micrometers; and

said stimulating elements have a shape that forms a wound with a cross sectional area between 0.00001 mm 2 and 0.1 mm 2 at said dermis.

1. The device of any one of claims 1-9, further comprising at least one element to vibrate at least one stimulating element.

2. The device of claim 10, wherein said vibrate comprises vibrating to increase a cross section of a wound under said scalp by said stimulating element by a factor ranging from 2X - 20X.

3. The device of claim 10 or claim 11, wherein said vibrate comprises vibrating at a frequency ranging from 50 Hz - 120 Hz and at an amplitude of 0.05 mm to 0.2 mm.

4. The device of any one of claims 1-12, wherein at least one stimulating element is electrically coupled to a power source.

5. The device of claim 13, further comprising:

ion injecting electrodes that touch the scalp connected to one terminal of said power source; and

an electrode that does not touch the scalp connected to a second terminal of the power source.

1. The device of any one of claims 1-14, wherein at least one stimulating element is configured to provide heat adapted to maintain a temperature of said stimulating elements during said piercing of said scalp.

2. The device of any one of claims 1-15, further comprising a controller for regulating the application of at least one of: temperature of said stimulating elements, number of said piercings of said skin by said stimulating elements, vibration of said stimulating elements, application of electrical current by said stimulating elements to said skin.

3. The device of claim 16, further comprising:

a memory, said memory coupled to said controller, said memory containing data correlating stimulation parameters with a treatment; and

a sensor, said sensor coupled to said controller, said sensor configured to monitor said piercing of said skin by said stimulating elements.

1. The device of any one of claims 1-17, further comprising a drug reservoir comprising at least one drug to administer to said scalp.

2. The device of any one of claims 1-18, further comprising at least one of a motor and a handle, each configured to displace said array across said scalp.

3. The device of any one of claims 1-19, further comprising an encoder operable to count revolutions or partial revolutions of said wheel.

4. The device of any of claims 1-20, wherein said stimulation comprises light.

5. The device of any of claims 1-21, wherein said light is delivered through at least one of transparent discs, stimulating elements and optical fibers.

6. The device of any of claims 1-22, wherein said stimulating elements comprise optical fibers acting as needles to pierce skin.

7. The device of any one of claims 1-23, wherein said stimulating elements comprise at least one injector configured to deliver stimulation directly into skin without needles.

8. A device to stimulate a scalp comprising an array of stimulating elements adapted to pierce skin of said scalp no deeper than a thickness of a dermis.

9. The device of claim 25, wherein said stimulating elements are independently displaceable along a long axis of said stimulating elements to pierce said scalp in synchronized motion.

10. The device of claim 25 or claim 26, wherein said stimulating elements comprise needles and further comprising:

a power source in electrical communication with at least two of said needles, said power source coupled to apply a voltage across said at least two needles;

a vibrational element coupled to said array, said vibrational element operable to vibrate said needles along at least one axis; and

a heat source thermally coupled to said needles, said heat source operable to raise needles to a temperature sufficient to raise a temperature of a volume of skin to within a range of 45-70 degrees Celsius.

1. The device of any one of claims 25-27, wherein at least one of said needles is coated or made from a first material that discharges zinc ions and at least one of said needles is coated or made from a second material that discharges copper ions.

2. A method of stimulating a scalp comprising:

forming channels at least below an epidermal layer of skin of said scalp;

providing at least one stimulation from inside said channels;

effecting tissue adjacent to said channels; and

controlling said providing.

1. The method of claim 29, wherein stimulating comprises wounding said skin in a non-contiguous pattern.

2. The method of claim 29 or claim 30, wherein said wounding comprises wounding said skin at a density of 5-10 wounds per mm .

3. The method of any one of claims 29-31, wherein said controlling comprises wounding said skin in a period of time ranging from 0.01 seconds to 0.1 seconds per wound, to reduce a pain level.

4. The method of any one of claims 29-32, wherein said wounding comprises sufficiently wounding said skin to induce a wound healing response that regenerates hair follicles.

5. The method of any one of claims 29-33, wherein said wounding comprises selectively wounding at a depth selected according to a stage of baldness.

6. The method of any one of claims 29-34, wherein said stimulation is provided at multiple depths in the epidermis and/or dermis, ranging between 100 micrometers and 1700 micrometers.

7. The method of any one of claims 29-35, wherein said stimulating comprises applying a vibration under said skin.

8. The method of claim 36, wherein said controlling comprises applying a vibration to increase the cross sectional size of a wound under said skin by a factor of 2-20X.

9. The method of any one of claims 29-37, wherein said stimulating comprises applying light under said skin.

10. The method of c any one of claims 29-38, wherein said stimulating comprises applying heat sufficiently to induce a wound healing response that increases collagen production.

11. The method of claim 39, wherein said controlling comprises applying sufficient heat to raise a temperature of a volume of skin to within a range of 45-70 degrees Celsius.

12. The method of any one of claims 29-40, wherein said stimulating comprises applying at least one voltage gradient to an area of said skin.

13. The method of any one of claims 29-41, wherein said stimulating comprises applying voltage in an opposite polarity to release copper ions under said skin.

14. The method of any one of claims 29-42, wherein said stimulation comprises forming a galvanic current that releases zinc ions under said skin.

15. The method of any one of claims 29-43, wherein:

said stimulating comprises applying an alternating current to alternate deposition of copper ions and zinc ions under said skin; and

a waveform of said alternating current is selected according to the ratio of the desired deposition of copper ions and zinc ions.

1. The method of any one of claims 29-44, wherein:

said stimulating comprises depositing a selected amount of at least one of copper ions and zinc ions under said skin to inhibit type I 5-alpha-reductase to stimulate hair growth;

said selected amount of zinc ions ranges from 0.001 to 1 nanogram/cm per treatment;

the maximum total weekly dosage is between 2 nanograms/cm2 and 4 nanograms/cm2; and

said selected amount of said copper ions ranges from 1% to 50% of said selected zinc ion amount.

1. The method of any one of claims 29-45, wherein said controlling comprises: applying said stimulation according to a position on said scalp; and

adjusting said providing according to hair growth.

1. The method of any one of claims 29-46, wherein said controlling comprises measuring an impedance to determine contact of at least one needle with said skin.

2. The method of any one of claims 29-47, wherein:

a treatment session of said stimulating said scalp is repeated at least once daily; and

said controlling comprises applying said stimulation during a particular treatment session to an area on said scalp smaller than the entire area being treated.

1. The method of any one of claims 29-48, wherein:

hair loss is treated by said stimulation of said scalp; and

said method further comprises comparing said providing to a treatment plan.

1. The method of any one of claims 29-49, wherein said stimulating comprises depositing at least one of copper ions and zinc ions under said skin to:

enrich the scalp with mineral nutrients in an amount sufficient to cause a biological effect; and

create electrical fields.

AND A PICTURE OF A DEVICE:

I got no time to read through all this stuff.

Could someone post the pictures here please?

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by brunobald[/postedby]
Someone from another forum called the inventor earlier today and had a chat. He says the patent we have been viewing is old hat and things have moved on since then. Apparently they are now focusing more on the copper ion side of things.
[/quote]

copper ions?

That rings a bell.

Anyone want to look up Dr. Loren Pickart and his copper peptide experiments with hair. Apparently his copper peptide solution called Tricomin went all the way to FDA Phase II studies but not any further due to a lack of funds if I remember correctly. As I recall, it passed Phase II which gives his discovery some credibility.

The irony - Dr. Pickart is bald himself. He runs a company called Skinbiology and holds patents on his discovery for wound healing and for hair.

His results were interesting with copper peptides in inducing hair follicle formation in mice. I’m guessing the same has not been as great for humans since we don’t hear his name or his product more often.

I have conversed with him in the past (2011). The last time I did so, he mentioned he was digging out the genome data on the copper binding peptide GHK to figure out what it does at the gene level.

Some of the pics on his website :

on tald bruth. pg 1 . post 1. cutting edge

What I do not quite understand if this is based on an increase of fgf9 and the resulting follicular neo-genesis, then why do thinning areas appear to respond far better than slick bald areas of the scalp for instance?

From the pictures, the bald crowns seem to not respond well while the thinning frontal areas do. To me if this were based on pure and actual neo-genesis then the shouldn’t the area of application respond similarly?

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by needhairasap[/postedby]
Take the time to read thru the thread rog.

I think the minox priduct is complete unrelated…

Apparently 70% or more are responding.

Cream of the crop or not, this is a good start.

The product in question is a specialized dermaroller that uses electricity (electrons, ions, I don’t knw) to increase fgf9 etc…

I always thought the first treatment available would be wounding based. Wounding obviously creates follicles, we just needed to figure out optimal protocol/conditions.

A few forum guys are getting into the trials in the next week.

These are the best photos I’ve evr seen…

I agree roger. Tempered optimism.[/quote]

on tald bruth. pg 1 . post 1. cutting edge[/quote]

Thanks.

Looks astonishingly good - if its real.

I don’t quite understand how or why his barber would be having those photos in an album.

[postedby]Originally Posted by Freddie555[/postedby]

I don’t quite understand how or why his barber would be having those photos in an album.[/quote]

Astonishing, confirmed.

Barber story strange, also conformed.

Pictures look legit, confirmed.

Docs behind it look legit, confirmed.

Several forum members are trialing, confirmed.

Science behind it has some merit, confirmed

It is a cure, or at least a bridge to a cure, unconfirmed.

Thanks.

I don’t quite understand how or why his barber would be having those photos in an album.[/quote]

It’s funny how this company, promoting this “device” and a scalp-wounding-plus-drugs/chemicals approach, has cropped up in Israel. I believe Follica was trying to raise money in Israel. Were these ideas blatantly ripped off from Follica?

Roger-that I hate talking here at Hairsite but you aren’t at the other site and I wanted to talk with you about this Israeli research and here you are. I think things look good with this research. The patents look legit, the researchers look legit, and the pics look like authentic study pics. I’m pretty sure this is on the level and it DOES seem to go along with what Cotseralis is tinkering with, although I don’t think Cotseralis is involved with this project because his name is not on any of the patents.

One of the researchers involved (Professor Dov Ingman) works for a company called Leorex, and this company looks like it could be involved in this Israeli treatment. Also, there appears to be a man named Yoram Benit in Tel Aviv involved with the project somehow.

If anyone at Hairsite is in Israel or close to Israel I think he should contact Leorex and Yoram Benit to get more information about when the treatment could possibly come to market.

Thanks.

I don’t quite understand how or why his barber would be having those photos in an album.

[postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]

It’s funny how this company, promoting this “device” and a scalp-wounding-plus-drugs/chemicals approach, has cropped up in Israel. I believe Follica was trying to raise money in Israel. Were these ideas blatantly ripped off from Follica?[/quote]

It’s funny how this company, promoting this “device” and a scalp-wounding-plus-drugs/chemicals approach, has cropped up in Israel. I believe Follica was trying to raise money in Israel. Were these ideas blatantly ripped off from Follica?[/quote]

Who cares? I hope they did rip it off. Kind of an irrelevant question.

I hate to agree with you needhairasap but you have a good point. Let’s say that Cots went to Israel and spoke with this company about his ideas and the company took the ideas and is moving forward with the idea without involving Cotseralis. That’s fine with me since Cotseralis has been taking his sweet time about bringing it to market. I want it to come to market asap and Cotseralis is too busy trying to make sure he squeezes every last dollar possible out of the treatment to rush it to market.

It’s funny how this company, promoting this “device” and a scalp-wounding-plus-drugs/chemicals approach, has cropped up in Israel. I believe Follica was trying to raise money in Israel. Were these ideas blatantly ripped off from Follica?

[postedby]Originally Posted by needhairasap[/postedby]

Who cares? I hope they did rip it off. Kind of an irrelevant question.[/quote]

I guess it’s not irrelevant. But I could definitely care less who stole what from who, at this point.

[quote]

[postedby]Originally Posted by needhairasap[/postedby]

Astonishing, confirmed.

Barber story strange, also conformed.

Pictures look legit, confirmed.

Docs behind it look legit, confirmed.

Several forum members are trialing, confirmed.

Science behind it has some merit, confirmed

It is a cure, or at least a bridge to a cure, unconfirmed.[/quote]

Where is the proof that this treatment is undergoing FDA approval. Documents on that should be easy enough to find - if true.

Can’t help but feel its another case of pie in the sky.

I don’t think it was Cots. I think it might have been some of the “entrepreneurs” in charge of business strategy and fundraising at Follica who may have disclosed some ideas while talking to potential investors in Israel and elsewhere, and the people in Israel said, “Yeah, yeah, we’ll think about it. We’ll get back to you.” And then they thought about it and decided to do it themselves.

Anyway, I’m not exactly weeping for Follica, because I think if this stuff works (which is not really a given), the more people out there trying to put this on the market, the better. Unless it results in litigation which could potentially DELAY this getting to market.

I’ll get interested when we get some decent independent trustworthy verification. So far this smells more like bullsh*t than a game-changing success.

Maybe these guys met with Cots and picked up enough to succeed on their own … or maybe they just picked up enough to make a fresh snake-oil idea sound convincing. That would be a lot quicker & easier.

Cots has already managed to sound pretty convincing to us for the last 5-6 years and he hasn’t produced anything real.

They’re published researchers just like cots.

They’ve been publishing patents on this stuff since 2010-2011— kind of an expensive and long con for a “quick and easy snake oil”

I’m not getting my hopes up, but this is definitely worth looking into and keeping at the forefront of our attention and research for the time being.

very true.

They’ve been publishing patents on this stuff since 2010-2011— kind of an expensive and long con for a “quick and easy snake oil”

I’m not getting my hopes up, but this is definitely worth looking into and keeping at the forefront of our attention and research for the time being.[/quote]

Cots has been publishing patents on this stuff since, what, 2008 at least?

I’m not saying the Israeli researchers & the research itself has to be bullsh*t. But there is a long distance between telling the technical truth in a patent and actually beating MPB. Cots has been giving us technical truth about things for years, it has caused many people to buy & try stuff indirectly, and we have no hair to show for it.

I don’t think this is a con. It’s too expensive, taking too long, their pics look legit and so do their patents. What I don’t like is the time-frame. A couple posters at a t.b.t just got into the present study (which is one thing that bothers me - that they got in so quickly and easily) and I guess that means that the company has at least the ongoing study to complete. The previous study was 1 year so likely the ongoing study will be at least 1 year. After the study is completed it can take 6 months to a year to gather and analyze information. It will be at least another 6 months to a year after the study is finished until the info is submitted to the FDA, if the ongoing study is the final study. Then the FDA takes about a year to approve so we are looking at, at least two and a half years. And that’s if the present study is the final study.

I’m not getting my hopes up, but this is definitely worth looking into and keeping at the forefront of our attention and research for the time being.[/quote]

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by cal[/postedby]
Cots has been publishing patents on this stuff since, what, 2008 at least?

I’m not saying the Israeli researchers & the research itself has to be bullsh*t. But there is a long distance between telling the technical truth in a patent and actually beating MPB. Cots has been giving us technical truth about things for years, it has caused many people to buy & try stuff indirectly, and we have no hair to show for it.[/quote]

not sure what point you’re arguing above.

You said that this could be a scm.

I was just saying that most scmmers don’t spend 5 years patenting several things just to make their snake oil in year 6 seem more real.

UPDATE: The Tald Bruth forum deleted their Pilox II thread LOL!

I guess they didn’t want people delaying their FUT decisions after seeing the awesome pictures. Thank god they were copied down before winston deleted them.