» » regrowth on my crown. Hairlines are tough. DHT blockers tend to work
» from
» » about the mid-scalp posterior to the back of the head. A true solution
» for
» » the hairline would be transplant surgery. I also believe diet and
» hairloss
» » are somehow related. I take a host of vitamins and supplements to make
» up
» » for the crap (i.e. chemicals) that we find in our food these days…
»
» Glad to hear you’ve has some success with Avodart. I have had a
» transplant in the hairline and even posted pics in the hair transplant
» section. I had amazing results. Since halfway through avodart I lost
» about half the hairs from my hair transplant in the front - not my native
» hairs as I had no hairs there prior to surgery.
»
» Without jumping to conclusions: I have long hair and when I comb my hair
» back my front hairs rech just past my crown. But I notice that I have
» pricks of hairs in the front about a half inch to an inch long that stand
» straight. I’m hoping this is some regrowth due to dropping dut and adding
» Xandrox. (I’m takin avodart one time per week though from taking it
» everyday).
»
» My crown still suffers. I’m using Dermmatch for the first time today and
» will post pics of that as well.

Also forgot to mention: I bought a shower head filter. You would be amazed at how much chlorine is in our water supplies. Chlorine is a toxic chemical that was actually used as a chemical warfare agent during WWII. It dries the skin/scalp and damages hair badly. I HIGHLY recommend buying one. They’re about 35 bucks and last about a year.

Hey MJ,
My transplanted hair in my hairline is also gone thanks to Avodart.
This is what hurts the most as it was my main concern. A good hairline is critical to all those who suffer from baldness.
I always thought that transplanted hairs were immune from the baldness cycle.
Not true when it comes to Avodart.
So I am looking at a transplant this winter just in the front. Its all I have the cash for. Maybe 1000 - 1500 grafts.

» Hey MJ,
» My transplanted hair in my hairline is also gone thanks to Avodart.
» This is what hurts the most as it was my main concern. A good hairline is
» critical to all those who suffer from baldness.
» I always thought that transplanted hairs were immune from the baldness
» cycle.

Are you sure that the lost hair was not the remaining native hair???

No, it was all transplanted hair. So as far as donor hair being immune from recession caused by either excess testosterone or whatever Avodart related mechanism: Not true for me. The transplanted hair on my hairline after 2 years is gone.
But, I will say it again, my crown is filled in completely. Once a week avodart is all I am on and everything is going well. Hairline is stabilized and possibly started some minor regrowth.

» Hey MJ,
» My transplanted hair in my hairline is also gone thanks to Avodart.
» This is what hurts the most as it was my main concern. A good hairline is
» critical to all those who suffer from baldness.
» I always thought that transplanted hairs were immune from the baldness
» cycle.
» Not true when it comes to Avodart.
» So I am looking at a transplant this winter just in the front. Its all I
» have the cash for. Maybe 1000 - 1500 grafts.

I feel your pain man. I have 2 bald spots about 1.5 inch in diameter behind temples in left and right, just behind my hair line. I’v been drowning myself with minoxidil in hopes of getting it back!

I too am looking at roughly 1,000 - 1,5000 grafts =(
Which sucks big time because I’m low on grafts and my crown and vertex is in bad condition as well.

Marco, I’m 100% sure they were my transplanted hairs and not native hairs in the hair line.

» » Hey MJ,
» » My transplanted hair in my hairline is also gone thanks to Avodart.

»
» Marco, I’m 100% sure they were my transplanted hairs and not native hairs
» in the hair line.

Ok, I am sure it is what you say it is. So what does that mean???
You did not loose the donor hair left in situ so there can only be three choices

1: The translocation of hair caused a problem (it was going to fall out irrespective of avodart.

2: The translocation of hair made the transplanted hair sensitive to Avodart.

3: The transplanted hair is effected by the influence of avodart local to where the transplants were placed. (ie recipient area dominance)

option three would be extraordinary and would have far reaching implications for transplantation.

option one is probably the most likely and would suggest that they might just grow back.

The problem with option 2 is that no one knows why avodart causes hairloss in some people. One interesting issue is that the hairloss (when permanent) seems to be of hair destined to be lost due to DHT. In your case it was loss of hair that was not destined to be lost so hopefully!!! it is not this option!!!

» Hey bros, as most of you are already aware, I’ve been on dutasteride since
» December 2008. The first few months I was having excellent results.
» Months 6 and onward it was downhill. This is what my crown looks like
» today as shown in the bottom picture.
»
» Not only did dutasteride fail to “maintain” my hair, but it accelerated my
» loss. My biggest regret was not using finasteride. Everyday for the past
» nearly 2 years I told myself “it’s just a shed”. “It will stop anyday now,
» and I will see great regrowth”. “Everyone sais shedding is a good sign”.
» Try doing that for 20 fukcing months!
»
» Being that my crown loss is mostly withint the past year, will I have good
» chances of regrowing it back with minoxidil? I’m using Xandrox 15% Plus
» right now morning and night for 2 weeks so far, and so far it’s slowed down
» my shedding significantly.
»
» The ones with black hair are taken on August 26, 2010 - 20 months into
» dut.
» The one with the brown hair and my head tied were taken when i was 10
» months into dutasteride.

I used thius product for 6 months, the first month nothing second month nothing and 3rd month, i started feeling that my hair stopped falling a bit, so it stablise the loss for a while and then i started getting itchy eyes and had to remove my lenses, my doctor wanted me to stop it specially that there was no more change afetr 6 months and i had to put my lenses back on, so he put me on XANDROX 15% and nothing for 4 months just a waste of time and money, i am using Thicker hair now it works but dont know if it going to last.
»
»
»
»

» » » Hey MJ,
» » » My transplanted hair in my hairline is also gone thanks to Avodart.
»
» »
» » Marco, I’m 100% sure they were my transplanted hairs and not native
» hairs
» » in the hair line.
»
» Ok, I am sure it is what you say it is. So what does that mean???
» You did not loose the donor hair left in situ so there can only be three
» choices
»
» 1: The translocation of hair caused a problem (it was going to fall out
» irrespective of avodart.
»
» 2: The translocation of hair made the transplanted hair sensitive to
» Avodart.
»
» 3: The transplanted hair is effected by the influence of avodart local to
» where the transplants were placed. (ie recipient area dominance)
»
» option three would be extraordinary and would have far reaching
» implications for transplantation.
»
» option one is probably the most likely and would suggest that they might
» just grow back.
»
» The problem with option 2 is that no one knows why avodart causes hairloss
» in some people. One interesting issue is that the hairloss (when permanent)
» seems to be of hair destined to be lost due to DHT. In your case it was
» loss of hair that was not destined to be lost so hopefully!!! it is not
» this option!!!

I hope you’re right, but so far I’ve experienced no regrowth. I use Dermmatch to bridge the gap inbetween my hairline “island” and vertex hair, and in my crown regions. Notwithstanding the fact that I’m able to cover these areas mostly due to having long hair and tying a pony tail. Otherwise, I doubt even Dermmath would help without it being detectable.

What are your thoughts on the theory that the loss form Avodart is due to it causing a hormonal imbalance? In which case results in TE.

Where do you buy your DUT from?

»
» Not only did dutasteride fail to “maintain” my hair, but it accelerated my
» loss. My biggest regret was not using finasteride.

If you would have listened to me a few years ago, instead of flailing insults, you wouldn’t have that bald spot… is this what they call poetic justice? LAUGHING MY A.S.S OFF AT YOU… EVERYTIME YOU LOOK AT THAT BALD SPOT THINK OF ME LAUGHING AT YOU!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I guess you’re our resident lab rat, eh?

I heard a high cholesterol and fatty food diet is good for stopping hair loss. Good luck at McDonalds!!!

LAUGHING MY ASS OFF AT YOU!!! I GUESS ITS BETTER TO BE BALD AND RIGHT. OH WAIT - YOU WERE WRONG TOO!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

» »
» » Not only did dutasteride fail to “maintain” my hair, but it accelerated
» my
» » loss. My biggest regret was not using finasteride.
»
» If you would have listened to me a few years ago, instead of
» flailing insults, you wouldn’t have that bald spot… is this what they
» call poetic justice? LAUGHING MY A.S.S OFF AT YOU… EVERYTIME YOU LOOK AT
» THAT BALD SPOT THINK OF ME LAUGHING AT YOU!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA
»
» :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
» :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
» :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
» :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

When u see ure mom think of her sucking my dik :wink:
oh, and uh, hindu, i’ll even let ure 8 legged/armed supreme fag whack me off with all 8 arms lmao

Sorry guys to stop your chitchat about minox and finestrid and other toxic drugs but i see that someone here spoke about the “thicker hair” sormula form uk hair solutions, and nobody believed that it actually works.

i have actually never tried the staf you guys use, because i just love life so much that speding money on something that might be harmfull for my health is juts not an option for me, and being bold does not bother me that much and it will defenetly bother my wife if i go on finestrid as we love sexe and we are trying to have another child.

If someone wanna read this it could help, i bougth one month treatment for £10, i live in Germany and i received my bottle about 5 days later, it is a sort of gel yellowish that you melt in a spoon and apply to your scalp and you leave it for 10 hours and wash it the next day, i used it for exactly 7 weeks now, and it feels like if my naturally straigh hair is getting kind of a coarse touch i contacted the uk hair solutions website and they said it is normal then what i did this morning and that s why i am on this forum that i have been following for the last 8 months but did not find anything that helps in it till now. i always try to pull on one hair after using a treatment for a while and see if the hair is easily pulled out of the scalp and this time it was holding the skin quite tightly, i dont if you guys see what i mean, but it seems like the hair is getting a stronger root in my scalp.

Now i heard on the other thread “tony” opened that it worked and lasted after him stopping the treatment so i just hope it could be out there a natural way to keep some of our hair on our head as long as possible. because frankly i rather be bold that use chemichals or do implant or worst wear a wig.

Hey MJ
I am giving my hairline a fast forward with rogain foam in the AM and topical spiro in the PM to try to jump start it.
But so far no regrowth. I have even went to one avodart every 2 weeks. My crown is fine with no loss. My hairline looks like it did 5 years ago before any HT’s.
Very disgusted.

» [
» Fckhrls: I don’t know. I’m getting off dut. Tried it for a year, didn’t
» notice any significant improvement, and if anything I’ve lost some hair in
» the crown. Back to proscar.

»
» Stop while you’re ahead. That’s how I remember it. First, some
» progress, then no progress at all, and then baM* prepare for ultimate hair
» loss. Did you slowly stop or just stop abruptly?

I stopped abruptly and got back on fin. So far, so good - hair has improved more or less.

» » [
» » Fckhrls: I don’t know. I’m getting off dut. Tried it for a year,
» didn’t
» » notice any significant improvement, and if anything I’ve lost some hair
» in
» » the crown. Back to proscar.

» »
» » Stop while you’re ahead. That’s how I remember it. First, some
» » progress, then no progress at all, and then baM* prepare for ultimate
» hair
» » loss. Did you slowly stop or just stop abruptly?

»
» I stopped abruptly and got back on fin. So far, so good - hair has
» improved more or less.

That’s great news. How long has it been since you stopped? I still shed terribly.

» » » [
» » » Fckhrls: I don’t know. I’m getting off dut. Tried it for a year,
» » didn’t
» » » notice any significant improvement, and if anything I’ve lost some
» hair
» » in
» » » the crown. Back to proscar.

» » »
» » » Stop while you’re ahead. That’s how I remember it. First, some
» » » progress, then no progress at all, and then baM* prepare for ultimate
» » hair
» » » loss. Did you slowly stop or just stop abruptly?

» »
» » I stopped abruptly and got back on fin. So far, so good - hair has
» » improved more or less.
»
» That’s great news. How long has it been since you stopped? I still shed
» terribly.

I’ve been off it about a month. When I say “improved”, I just mean the shed has slowed, not that I’ve regained what I lost.

» » » » [
» » » » Fckhrls: I don’t know. I’m getting off dut. Tried it for a year,
» » » didn’t
» » » » notice any significant improvement, and if anything I’ve lost some
» » hair
» » » in
» » » » the crown. Back to proscar.

» » » »
» » » » Stop while you’re ahead. That’s how I remember it. First, some
» » » » progress, then no progress at all, and then baM* prepare for
» ultimate
» » » hair
» » » » loss. Did you slowly stop or just stop abruptly?

» » »
» » » I stopped abruptly and got back on fin. So far, so good - hair has
» » » improved more or less.
» »
» » That’s great news. How long has it been since you stopped? I still
» shed
» » terribly.
»
» I’ve been off it about a month. When I say “improved”, I just mean the
» shed has slowed, not that I’ve regained what I lost.

You still have all the dut in your system. You may want to expect some shedding in the latter weeks - hopefully you won’t.

Hey MJ,
Have not heard from you in a while. How is it going, any regrowth yet?
i am on twice a week avodart plus rogain and topical spiro once daily.
Not much change, and am looking at a HT in a month or so just in the hairline. Not much cash, just enougbh for 1000 grafts or so.

@impreza123 I too am searching for an alternative to Finasteride, I think you should read this thread.