Will Minoxidil Regrow This Crown Back? 2 yrs of Avodart Destroyed My Hair

Hey bros, as most of you are already aware, I’ve been on dutasteride since December 2008. The first few months I was having excellent results. Months 6 and onward it was downhill. This is what my crown looks like today as shown in the bottom picture.

Not only did dutasteride fail to “maintain” my hair, but it accelerated my loss. My biggest regret was not using finasteride. Everyday for the past nearly 2 years I told myself “it’s just a shed”. “It will stop anyday now, and I will see great regrowth”. “Everyone sais shedding is a good sign”. Try doing that for 20 fukcing months!

Being that my crown loss is mostly withint the past year, will I have good chances of regrowing it back with minoxidil? I’m using Xandrox 15% Plus right now morning and night for 2 weeks so far, and so far it’s slowed down my shedding significantly.

The ones with black hair are taken on August 26, 2010 - 20 months into dut.
The one with the brown hair and my head tied were taken when i was 10 months into dutasteride.

Hey Mj
Thank you for your dedication to this experiment as it should help many guys make an informed decision. I would say that your hair should return to normal or as close to possible once the dut is stopped.
But more importantly is the question that so many people have: Why would this drug accelerate hair loss when it negates the 2 enzymes that are responsible for hair loss in the first place. Does not make sense.
Dut had all but destroyed my hairline but has filled in my crown. There are many people who don’t believe this but now maybe you believe it. I am on dut once a week. I used to be on it daily but freaked out when my hair started falling out in droves. But some has returned and thats why I say that you can regrow somw that you lost. I did.
So I may stop altogether I’m not sure.
Now that my hairline is crap I am looking at a HT in Dec. to replace what I had and then some. So, I need a hairline now.
Good luck. You’re not alone.

I don’t know. I’m getting off dut. Tried it for a year, didn’t notice any significant improvement, and if anything I’ve lost some hair in the crown. Back to proscar.

I forgot to ad that I have been on Dut for one year now. Would like to hear from guys who have been on Dut for over a year to share their results. Like I said, my crown has filled in completely but my hairline is crap. I just started spiro about 2 months ago and I am only taking Dut once a week. I am taking fin 1mg on the other days.
I am holding on now, no shedding.

Mj, as you know I had a similar (if not worse) reaction to dut. I was on fin for 3-4 years and dut for 3-4 year as well as on minox foam for about six months. Fin caused similar problems to dut at the hairline but then stabilised after a few months with no real growth. Dut decimated my hairline and crown. Some crown grew back but almost villous after a year or more. Surprisingly, although minox liquid did very little, the foam was as bad as dut (there were a good few years between using the liquid and the foam).

I rarely post about these experiences since many simply can’t believe that this can happen but the changes were so dramatic that even without a “control group” it is unambiguous.
One thing that was interesting is that the hair that fell on dut (and fin) were not just the deterioration of already miniaturising hair but also good quality hair that would be predicted to go a few years down the line. This hair on the periphery of the already thinning areas fell out almost in chunks during the process as if dut was actually accelerating the loss of hair on the launch pad of baldness :stuck_out_tongue: ;. So what is the deal and what is the good news for people who respond like this. Well, we have seen the future and face our demons more quickly so we can do something earlier if we want, surgically. We become more sceptical of the concept that if anything works for some then it will work for all.

By the way after 15 years of messing with medical remedies, for the last five years I use nothing but I am preparing for a transplant. I have heard that direct androgen inhibition such as oral spiro may give a better result for people like me, but I would rather be a horny guy that is unattractive than grow hair and boobs and be incapable of satisfying the hoard of women that would like my hair :stuck_out_tongue: ; There are copper peptides and S.O.D inhibitors but… enough is enough for me.

» Hey bros, as most of you are already aware, I’ve been on dutasteride since
» December 2008. The first few months I was having excellent results.
» Months 6 and onward it was downhill. This is what my crown looks like
» today as shown in the bottom picture.
»
» Not only did dutasteride fail to “maintain” my hair, but it accelerated my
» loss. My biggest regret was not using finasteride. Everyday for the past
» nearly 2 years I told myself “it’s just a shed”. “It will stop anyday now,
» and I will see great regrowth”. “Everyone sais shedding is a good sign”.
» Try doing that for 20 fukcing months!
»
» Being that my crown loss is mostly withint the past year, will I have good
» chances of regrowing it back with minoxidil? I’m using Xandrox 15% Plus
» right now morning and night for 2 weeks so far, and so far it’s slowed down
» my shedding significantly.
»
» The ones with black hair are taken on August 26, 2010 - 20 months into
» dut.
» The one with the brown hair and my head tied were taken when i was 10
» months into dutasteride.
»
»
»
»

Dude. Try adding supplements or something. Comeon…

There arer plenty of solutions out there whithout risking your health and wellbeing use THICKER HAIR Formula By <> 100% herbal non-toxic and guaranteeed result at 3 month treatment it is a uk based company and you can try it for £10. it worked for me my father and few friends, they sell it in the pharmacy as homeopathy. and avoid finestrie and minoxidil that i watsed money on for 2 years no real results and if ther is any, once you stop your hair gets worst.

Side effects of finasteride include impotence (1.1% to 18.5%), abnormal ejaculation (7.2%), decreased ejaculatory volume (0.9% to 2.8%), abnormal sexual function (2.5%), gynecomastia (2.2%), erectile dysfunction (1.3%), ejaculation disorder (1.2%) and testicular pain. Resolution occurred in men who discontinued therapy with finasteride due to these side effects and in most of those who continued therapy.[12]

In December 2008, the Swedish Medical Products agency concluded a safety investigation of Propecia and subsequently advised that the use of Propecia may result in irreversible sexual dysfunction. The Agency’s updated safety information lists difficulty in obtaining an erection that persists indefinitely, even after the discontinuation of Propecia, as a possible side effect of the drug.[13]

Minoxidil (trade names Rogaine, Regaine, Avacor, Loniten (Orally), and Mintop among others now that Minoxidil is off patent, Common side effects of minoxidil include burning or irritation of the eye; itching; redness or irritation at the treated area; unwanted hair growth elsewhere on the body. Users should seek medical attention right away if they experience the severe side effects: Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); chest pain; dizziness; fainting; fast heartbeat; sudden, unexplained weight gain; swollen hands or feet.[7]

Alcohol present in topical preparations may dry the scalp, resulting in dandruff.[8] Side effects of oral minoxidil may include swelling of the face and extremities, rapid and irregular heartbeat, lightheadedness, cardiac lesions, and focal necrosis of the papillary muscle and subendocardial areas of the left ventricle.[9] There have been cases of allergic reactions to minoxidil or the non-active ingredient propylene glycol, which is found in some forms of topical Rogaine.

i have been using this product for 1 year and the results are unbelievable.
Give it a try

» There arer plenty of solutions out there whithout risking your
» health and wellbeing use THICKER HAIR Formula By <>
» 100% herbal non-toxic and guaranteeed result at 3 month treatment it is a
» uk based company and you can try it for £10. it worked for me my father and
» few friends, they sell it in the pharmacy as homeopathy. and avoid
» finestrie and minoxidil that i watsed money on for 2 years no real results
» and if ther is any, once you stop your hair gets worst.
»
» Side effects of finasteride include impotence (1.1% to 18.5%), abnormal
» ejaculation (7.2%), decreased ejaculatory volume (0.9% to 2.8%), abnormal
» sexual function (2.5%), gynecomastia (2.2%), erectile dysfunction (1.3%),
» ejaculation disorder (1.2%) and testicular pain. Resolution occurred in men
» who discontinued therapy with finasteride due to these side effects and in
» most of those who continued therapy.[12]
»
» In December 2008, the Swedish Medical Products agency concluded a safety
» investigation of Propecia and subsequently advised that the use of Propecia
» may result in irreversible sexual dysfunction. The Agency’s updated safety
» information lists difficulty in obtaining an erection that persists
» indefinitely, even after the discontinuation of Propecia, as a possible
» side effect of the drug.[13]
»
» Minoxidil (trade names Rogaine, Regaine, Avacor, Loniten (Orally), and
» Mintop among others now that Minoxidil is off patent, Common side effects
» of minoxidil include burning or irritation of the eye; itching; redness or
» irritation at the treated area; unwanted hair growth elsewhere on the body.
» Users should seek medical attention right away if they experience the
» severe side effects: Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching;
» difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face,
» lips, or tongue); chest pain; dizziness; fainting; fast heartbeat; sudden,
» unexplained weight gain; swollen hands or feet.[7]
»
» Alcohol present in topical preparations may dry the scalp, resulting in
» dandruff.[8] Side effects of oral minoxidil may include swelling of the
» face and extremities, rapid and irregular heartbeat, lightheadedness,
» cardiac lesions, and focal necrosis of the papillary muscle and
» subendocardial areas of the left ventricle.[9] There have been cases of
» allergic reactions to minoxidil or the non-active ingredient propylene
» glycol, which is found in some forms of topical Rogaine.
»
» i have been using this product for 1 year and the results are
» unbelievable.
» Give it a try

Tony go fukc yourself you midget looking dildo sucking troll. Take your sc_a_m post, grease it up, and introduce it to your mom “rectumly”

Hey Mj
Thank you for your dedication to this experiment as it should help many guys make an informed decision. I would say that your hair should return to normal or as close to possible once the dut is stopped.
But more importantly is the question that so many people have: Why would this drug accelerate hair loss when it negates the 2 enzymes that are responsible for hair loss in the first place. Does not make sense.
Dut had all but destroyed my hairline but has filled in my crown. There are many people who don’t believe this but now maybe you believe it. I am on dut once a week. I used to be on it daily but freaked out when my hair started falling out in droves. But some has returned and thats why I say that you can regrow somw that you lost. I did.
So I may stop altogether I’m not sure.
Now that my hairline is crap I am looking at a HT in Dec. to replace what I had and then some. So, I need a hairline now.
Good luck. You’re not alone.

Steve, I sure hope they grow back. I’d be a happy camper if even HALF grew back. Now I have to take it easy on minoxidil as well as it’s causing eye pressure and puffy eyes. I’m taking dut 1x per week now as well. Next week I will start finasteride daily and in about a month will stop dut completely. Thanks for your feedback and all the best.

Fckhrls: I don’t know. I’m getting off dut. Tried it for a year, didn’t notice any significant improvement, and if anything I’ve lost some hair in the crown. Back to proscar.

Stop while you’re ahead. That’s how I remember it. First, some progress, then no progress at all, and then baM* prepare for ultimate hair loss. Did you slowly stop or just stop abruptly?

marco: Mj, as you know I had a similar (if not worse) reaction to dut. I was on fin for 3-4 years and dut for 3-4 year as well as on minox foam for about six months. Fin caused similar problems to dut at the hairline but then stabilised after a few months with no real growth. Dut decimated my hairline and crown. Some crown grew back but almost villous after a year or more. Surprisingly, although minox liquid did very little, the foam was as bad as dut (there were a good few years between using the liquid and the foam).

I rarely post about these experiences since many simply can’t believe that this can happen but the changes were so dramatic that even without a “control group” it is unambiguous.
One thing that was interesting is that the hair that fell on dut (and fin) were not just the deterioration of already miniaturising hair but also good quality hair that would be predicted to go a few years down the line. This hair on the periphery of the already thinning areas fell out almost in chunks during the process as if dut was actually accelerating the loss of hair on the launch pad of baldness ;. So what is the deal and what is the good news for people who respond like this. Well, we have seen the future and face our demons more quickly so we can do something earlier if we want, surgically. We become more sceptical of the concept that if anything works for some then it will work for all.

By the way after 15 years of messing with medical remedies, for the last five years I use nothing but I am preparing for a transplant. I have heard that direct androgen inhibition such as oral spiro may give a better result for people like me, but I would rather be a horny guy that is unattractive than grow hair and boobs and be incapable of satisfying the hoard of women that would like my hair ; There are copper peptides and S.O.D inhibitors but… enough is enough for me.

Hey bud, thanks for sharing your experience and your input. As much as I denied such claims by others, I now fully understand what they meant by their loss. Do you think copper peptides and SOD inhibitors will help with some regrowth? What do you recommend? Prox-N, Nano shampoo?..

ON A SIDE NOTE, I ordered Dermmatch after doing a lot of research on it. I’ll post some before and after pics for you guys to see and give my review of what I think.

I know I need another hair transplant but I cant afford to throw away any grafts right now, I’m only 28. If I can get SOME density back, maintain what I have, and use a concealer for the next 15 yrs then I will just have to be content with that.

I had a hair transplant. I cared nothing about the number of grafts. I said to myself “what are the odds of me running out of grafts”? usually we all think we are each a special circumstance and that the worse can’t happen to them. but its real, and everyone was right. BE EASY ON THE NUMBER OF GRAFTS AND TRY TO DELAY A HAIR TRANSPLANT FOR AS LONG AS YOU CAN.

Hello Forum…
I just Switched from Finasteride 1mg everyday to Dutasteride 0.5mg everyday…and I am wondering if the side effects that I am experiencing are temporary and will subside after extended use. I have been taking finasteride 1mg for the past 12 years along with 5% minoxidil, however, I noticed this past year that my hair loss has resumed somewhat, especially in the crown area, indicating to me that the finasteride is no longer effective at maintaining my hair.

I just started taking dutasteride 0.5mg on Monday (4 days now) and I have already noticed a persistent headache with mild flu-like symptoms along with a constant dry mouth and a tightness in my chest. In addition, I just started using 2% Nizoral shampoo, but I seriously doubt that I am having any adverse reactions due to that.

My intention is to take dutasteride 0.5mg every day, however, if necessary, I am open to taking it every day for two weeks(loading phase)and then backing down to 0.5mg every other day…or less if absolutely necessary.

Since I had been taking 1mg finasteride every day for the past 12 years, I am hesitant to lose any further ground by not taking the 0.5mg dutasteride frequently enough.

Can anyone tell me if these are typical side effects (and if so, how long they will generally last) or are these perhaps symptoms of an allergic reaction to dutasteride instead?

For the record, I don’t recall having these symptoms when I started finasteride, however, that was 12 years ago and I don’t honestly remember.
I did, however, notice mild ed symptoms while taking finasteride 1mg for the past many years which seemed to get milder with the passing years.

Also, I have read many of the blogs and I am curious as to what the recommended dose and duration of Dutasteride is…ie: 0.5mg every day or every other day…etc.

What about a loading phase with Dutasteride? Does anyone know if that is still required (recommended) if I had been taking 1mg finasteride for the past 12 years?

I would greatly appreciate any insight that you folks would have to offer on this subject. Thanks.

Dutasteride 0.5mg ed
5% Minoxidil 2x day
2% Nizoral Shampoo 3x week

» Hey Mj
» Thank you for your dedication to this experiment as it should help many
» guys make an informed decision. I would say that your hair should return to
» normal or as close to possible once the dut is stopped.
» But more importantly is the question that so many people have: Why would
» this drug accelerate hair loss when it negates the 2 enzymes that are
» responsible for hair loss in the first place. Does not make sense.
» Dut had all but destroyed my hairline but has filled in my crown. There
» are many people who don’t believe this but now maybe you believe it. I am
» on dut once a week. I used to be on it daily but freaked out when my hair
» started falling out in droves. But some has returned and thats why I say
» that you can regrow somw that you lost. I did.
» So I may stop altogether I’m not sure.
» Now that my hairline is crap I am looking at a HT in Dec. to replace what
» I had and then some. So, I need a hairline now.
» Good luck. You’re not alone.

»
» Steve, I sure hope they grow back. I’d be a happy camper if even HALF
» grew back. Now I have to take it easy on minoxidil as well as it’s causing
» eye pressure and puffy eyes. I’m taking dut 1x per week now as well. Next
» week I will start finasteride daily and in about a month will stop dut
» completely. Thanks for your feedback and all the best.

»
» Fckhrls: I don’t know. I’m getting off dut. Tried it for a year, didn’t
» notice any significant improvement, and if anything I’ve lost some hair in
» the crown. Back to proscar.

»
» Stop while you’re ahead. That’s how I remember it. First, some
» progress, then no progress at all, and then baM* prepare for ultimate hair
» loss. Did you slowly stop or just stop abruptly?

»
» marco: Mj, as you know I had a similar (if not worse) reaction to dut.
» I was on fin for 3-4 years and dut for 3-4 year as well as on minox foam
» for about six months. Fin caused similar problems to dut at the hairline
» but then stabilised after a few months with no real growth. Dut decimated
» my hairline and crown. Some crown grew back but almost villous after a year
» or more. Surprisingly, although minox liquid did very little, the foam was
» as bad as dut (there were a good few years between using the liquid and the
» foam).
»
» I rarely post about these experiences since many simply can’t believe that
» this can happen but the changes were so dramatic that even without a
» “control group” it is unambiguous.
» One thing that was interesting is that the hair that fell on dut (and fin)
» were not just the deterioration of already miniaturising hair but also good
» quality hair that would be predicted to go a few years down the line. This
» hair on the periphery of the already thinning areas fell out almost in
» chunks during the process as if dut was actually accelerating the loss of
» hair on the launch pad of baldness ;. So what is the deal and what is the
» good news for people who respond like this. Well, we have seen the future
» and face our demons more quickly so we can do something earlier if we want,
» surgically. We become more sceptical of the concept that if anything works
» for some then it will work for all.
»
» By the way after 15 years of messing with medical remedies, for the last
» five years I use nothing but I am preparing for a transplant. I have heard
» that direct androgen inhibition such as oral spiro may give a better result
» for people like me, but I would rather be a horny guy that is unattractive
» than grow hair and boobs and be incapable of satisfying the hoard of women
» that would like my hair ; There are copper peptides and S.O.D inhibitors
» but… enough is enough for me.

»
» Hey bud, thanks for sharing your experience and your input. As much as
» I denied such claims by others, I now fully understand what they meant by
» their loss. Do you think copper peptides and SOD inhibitors will help with
» some regrowth? What do you recommend? Prox-N, Nano shampoo?..

»
»
» ON A SIDE NOTE, I ordered Dermmatch after doing a lot of research on
» it. I’ll post some before and after pics for you guys to see and give my
» review of what I think.
»
» I know I need another hair transplant but I cant afford to throw away any
» grafts right now, I’m only 28. If I can get SOME density back, maintain
» what I have, and use a concealer for the next 15 yrs then I will just have
» to be content with that.
»
» I had a hair transplant. I cared nothing about the number of grafts. I
» said to myself “what are the odds of me running out of grafts”? usually we
» all think we are each a special circumstance and that the worse can’t
» happen to them. but its real, and everyone was right. BE EASY ON THE
» NUMBER OF GRAFTS AND TRY TO DELAY A HAIR TRANSPLANT FOR AS LONG AS YOU CAN.
»

Hello Mj,

I am new to this site and I just realized that I should have started a new topic instead of adding my question to yours.(sorry) However, as a user of 5% minodil since it came out and 2% before that (when you still needed a dr’s script to get it), I feel that I have a little insight to offer concerning it’s benefits.

In my experience, I definitely feel that the minoxidil helped me keep my crown, however, I continued to lose hair on my vertex and my temples continued to recede. For this reason, I started using 1mg propecia when it was introduced in 1998 and have continued to use 1mg finasteride for the past 12 years and also keeping up with the 5% minoxidil 2x a day. Now, I recently discovered (last 8-10 months)that I was starting to lose more hair on top and especially on the crown area. This suggests to me that although, I managed to keep from losing more of my hair to futher MPB for the past 12 years, this combination is no longer effective to me.

I had contemplated upping my dose of finasteride to 2.5mg (daily), however, if what I have read about dut is correct, then 2.5mg of fin (daily) would still be less effective than 0.5mg of dutasteride (daily).

So, instead of upping my finasteride, I decided to switch to Dutasteride 0.5mg everyday…and now I am wondering if the side effects that I am experiencing are only temporary and hopefully will subside after extended use. I just started taking dutasteride 0.5mg on Monday (4 days ago) and I have already noticed a persistent headache with mild flu-like symptoms along with a constant dry mouth and a tightness in my chest. I take it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and the symptoms seem to get milder by early evening.

Can you tell me if you have experienced any of the symtoms that I had mentioned and whether these are typical side effects (which would hopefully subside with extended treatment) or are these perhaps symptoms of an allergic reaction to dutasteride instead?

In addition, I noticed that there are several guys here that are talking about getting off of dut to go on finasteride (or back on finasteride).

Now, I understand that most of this is due to further hair loss while on dut, and I totally respect the guys like you who have done the time with dut… but isn’t that what the drug mfr’s state will happen and then when you stay on dut…you should eventually have gains with extended use?

From your experience, is this all b.s.? Do ypu personally know of anyone who has had good past success with dut and continues to use it today??

And would you comment further on your experience with the dosage and frequency of dut that you’ve had the most success with. I had read some of your blogs regarding dosage of 2.5 mg daily and also 0.5 mg daily and now if I understand correctly, you are only taking 0.5 mg once a week.

Mj, I would greatly appreciate any insight that you may have to offer on this subject.

Thanks!

FinToDut

» Hello Mj,
»
» I am new to this site and I just realized that I should have started a new
» topic instead of adding my question to yours.(sorry) However, as a user of
» 5% minodil since it came out and 2% before that (when you still needed a
» dr’s script to get it), I feel that I have a little insight to offer
» concerning it’s benefits.
»
» In my experience, I definitely feel that the minoxidil helped me keep my
» crown, however, I continued to lose hair on my vertex and my temples
» continued to recede. For this reason, I started using 1mg propecia when it
» was introduced in 1998 and have continued to use 1mg finasteride for the
» past 12 years and also keeping up with the 5% minoxidil 2x a day. Now, I
» recently discovered (last 8-10 months)that I was starting to lose more hair
» on top and especially on the crown area. This suggests to me that although,
» I managed to keep from losing more of my hair to futher MPB for the past 12
» years, this combination is no longer effective to me.
»
» I had contemplated upping my dose of finasteride to 2.5mg (daily),
» however, if what I have read about dut is correct, then 2.5mg of fin
» (daily) would still be less effective than 0.5mg of dutasteride (daily).
»
» So, instead of upping my finasteride, I decided to switch to Dutasteride
» 0.5mg everyday…and now I am wondering if the side effects that I am
» experiencing are only temporary and hopefully will subside after extended
» use. I just started taking dutasteride 0.5mg on Monday (4 days ago) and I
» have already noticed a persistent headache with mild flu-like symptoms
» along with a constant dry mouth and a tightness in my chest. I take it
» first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and the symptoms seem to get
» milder by early evening.
»
» Can you tell me if you have experienced any of the symtoms that I had
» mentioned and whether these are typical side effects (which would hopefully
» subside with extended treatment) or are these perhaps symptoms of an
» allergic reaction to dutasteride instead?

I have experienced some side effects but none of them stayed. From my experience, from others experience, and from the drug company’s claims - side effects most likely wear off and are temporary.

»
» In addition, I noticed that there are several guys here that are talking
» about getting off of dut to go on finasteride (or back on finasteride).

Understand that out of those who take any hairloss treatment, including dut, only a very small fraction share their experinces online. So only from what I know from personal experience and from the few online (God knwos if these very few are the same persons with different usernames) majority don’t react positively to the drug.

»
» Now, I understand that most of this is due to further hair loss while on
» dut, and I totally respect the guys like you who have done the time with
» dut… but isn’t that what the drug mfr’s state will happen and then when
» you stay on dut…you should eventually have gains with extended use?

Shedding for a few weeks or even 3-4 months is what they’re refering to. And even then, it’s unknown whether or not it’s a good thing or bad thing. My shed has lasted for over 13 months. Obviously not a good thing. I’ve begun to shed now again, but whether its from Xandrox or not I can’t tell. But the biggest mistake I made was using this mother fukcin drug named AVODART!!!

»
» From your experience, is this all b.s.? Do ypu personally know of anyone
» who has had good past success with dut and continues to use it today??

I had great results when I was only dosing at abou twice per week 0.5mg. My problems begand when I took it daily.

» And would you comment further on your experience with the dosage and
» frequency of dut that you’ve had the most success with. I had read some of
» your blogs regarding dosage of 2.5 mg daily and also 0.5 mg daily and now
» if I understand correctly, you are only taking 0.5 mg once a week.
»
» Mj, I would greatly appreciate any insight that you may have to offer on
» this subject.
»

I would never recommend Dut to anyone except as an absolute last resort. And if I do, it will be to only take it twice per week. Taking it once per week is much stronger than propecia daily. I will not recommend taking it daily. I think (this is my hypothesis) that those who benefit from dut especially from daily usage of it are well over their 30s, perhaps above their 40s. Their testosterone levels are probably low as it is and taking dut daily will increase significantly your test levels. They’ll be put in normal or just above normal test level range where it’s not considered out of whack nor a hormonal imbalance. If you’re test levels are very good and you take dut daily you put your hormones out of whack (hormonal imbalance) and the excessive test is what causes of the adverse effects in the scalp. Again, this is only my opinion.

» Thanks!
»
» FinToDut

I think you should stick with dut twice per week (since fin failed). Add to your regimen nizoral 2% shampoo 3x/week, and increase the potency of your minoxidil. Either use more or get Dr Lee’s 12.5% or 15%.

You’re right Mj, I’m 49 and my T level is low. But now i take avodart 0.5 once a week and no more shedding at all. I am keeping what i gained on the crown which has filled in completely. so now my only concern is the hairline, which by my last reply took a hit. Now I am into one year on the avodart and from once daily it is once a week. I’m not sure about my hairline but it may have gotten a little thicker in the past 2 months but not receding any more.
I would suggest anyone thinking about dut should take maybe once or twice a week.
We need more guys who have taken dut to share their experiences.

» You’re right Mj, I’m 49 and my T level is low. But now i take avodart 0.5
» once a week and no more shedding at all. I am keeping what i gained on the
» crown which has filled in completely. so now my only concern is the
» hairline, which by my last reply took a hit. Now I am into one year on the
» avodart and from once daily it is once a week. I’m not sure about my
» hairline but it may have gotten a little thicker in the past 2 months but
» not receding any more.
» I would suggest anyone thinking about dut should take maybe once or twice
» a week.
» We need more guys who have taken dut to share their experiences.

I just wanted to say Thank you to Mj and Steve for their input as it is greatly appreciated!

DinToDut

» » » There arer plenty of solutions out there whithout risking your
» » » health and wellbeing use THICKER HAIR Formula By
» » www.ukhairsolutions.com
» » » 100% herbal non-toxic and guaranteeed result at 3 month treatment it
» is
» » a
» » » uk based company and you can try it for £10. it worked for me my
» father
» » and
» » » few friends, they sell it in the pharmacy as homeopathy. and avoid
» » » finestrie and minoxidil that i watsed money on for 2 years no real
» » results
» » » and if ther is any, once you stop your hair gets worst.
» » »
» » » Side effects of finasteride include impotence (1.1% to 18.5%),
» abnormal
» » » ejaculation (7.2%), decreased ejaculatory volume (0.9% to 2.8%),
» » abnormal
» » » sexual function (2.5%), gynecomastia (2.2%), erectile dysfunction
» » (1.3%),
» » » ejaculation disorder (1.2%) and testicular pain. Resolution occurred
» in
» » men
» » » who discontinued therapy with finasteride due to these side effects
» and
» » in
» » » most of those who continued therapy.[12]
» » »
» » » In December 2008, the Swedish Medical Products agency concluded a
» » safety
» » » investigation of Propecia and subsequently advised that the use of
» » Propecia
» » » may result in irreversible sexual dysfunction. The Agency’s updated
» » safety
» » » information lists difficulty in obtaining an erection that persists
» » » indefinitely, even after the discontinuation of Propecia, as a
» possible
» » » side effect of the drug.[13]
» » »
» » » Minoxidil (trade names Rogaine, Regaine, Avacor, Loniten (Orally),
» and
» » » Mintop among others now that Minoxidil is off patent, Common side
» » effects
» » » of minoxidil include burning or irritation of the eye; itching;
» redness
» » or
» » » irritation at the treated area; unwanted hair growth elsewhere on the
» » body.
» » » Users should seek medical attention right away if they experience the
» » » severe side effects: Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching;
» » » difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth,
» » face,
» » » lips, or tongue); chest pain; dizziness; fainting; fast heartbeat;
» » sudden,
» » » unexplained weight gain; swollen hands or feet.[7]
» » »
» » » Alcohol present in topical preparations may dry the scalp, resulting
» in
» » » dandruff.[8] Side effects of oral minoxidil may include swelling of
» the
» » » face and extremities, rapid and irregular heartbeat, lightheadedness,
» » » cardiac lesions, and focal necrosis of the papillary muscle and
» » » subendocardial areas of the left ventricle.[9] There have been cases
» of
» » » allergic reactions to minoxidil or the non-active ingredient
» propylene
» » » glycol, which is found in some forms of topical Rogaine.
» » »
» » » i have been using this product for 1 year and the results are
» » » unbelievable.
» » » Give it a try
» »
» » Tony go fukc yourself you midget looking dildo sucking troll. Take your
» » sc_a_m post, grease it up, and introduce it to your mom “rectumly”
»
»
» MJ2003
»
» What s your problem? what s about the fuking and mums and rectume? :smiley:
» I am givig people a solutions that help with their hair loss and you going
» on on Fuking annd dildos? well i know whith the impotence problem you are
» experiencing with your treatment but dont use a dildo mate, just stop using
» your shiit :smiley: and try safer solutions ahahahah

Hey tony, i know that product yo are talking about, it worked for me too, if you are around on the website again tell mj2003 to shut up ad stop talking about dildos and changing your job.

The point that MJ is making is that he is trying to find help for his hairloss. He did not appreciate your cynical attempt to point him in the direction of your product which is very clearly a sca m designed to take advantage of the desperation that some feel dealing with hairloss. feeding on other peoples needs using sca m products which yours clearly is in every sense puts you in a position that deserves his remarks. By the way reviewing your posts makes it clear that you advertise for the company rather than being a user of the product. Please remove yourself from this board.

» You’re right Mj, I’m 49 and my T level is low. But now i take avodart 0.5
» once a week and no more shedding at all. I am keeping what i gained on the
» crown which has filled in completely. so now my only concern is the
» hairline, which by my last reply took a hit. Now I am into one year on the
» avodart and from once daily it is once a week. I’m not sure about my
» hairline but it may have gotten a little thicker in the past 2 months but
» not receding any more.
» I would suggest anyone thinking about dut should take maybe once or twice
» a week.
» We need more guys who have taken dut to share their experiences.

Thanks for your post. It’s good to see someone share a similar experience. For your hairline I think you should take a strong concentration of minoxidil. From what I understand, your hairs lost to dut shouldn’t be permanent as theyre forced into telogen phase (to fall out and stay gone for a while - but will stay gone as long as the cause still exists, i.e dutasteride). Minoxidil will help regrow the loss because its a growth stimulator- obviously not guaranteed, but a good shot especially if you start it early. G’luck.

Thanks for this info - that delets one item off my list hehe

Was on Propecia for 2 years with very good results. Then, suddenly started going through a long period of significant shedding. A doctor told me that eventually, genetics will “push through”. So, I “graduated” to Avodart and have been on it for almost 2 years. My shedding has stopped and I have regrowth on my crown. Hairlines are tough. DHT blockers tend to work from about the mid-scalp posterior to the back of the head. A true solution for the hairline would be transplant surgery. I also believe diet and hairloss are somehow related. I take a host of vitamins and supplements to make up for the crap (i.e. chemicals) that we find in our food these days…

» Was on Propecia for 2 years with very good results. Then, suddenly started
» going through a long period of significant shedding. A doctor told me that
» eventually, genetics will “push through”. So, I “graduated” to Avodart and
» have been on it for almost 2 years. My shedding has stopped and I have
» regrowth on my crown. Hairlines are tough. DHT blockers tend to work from
» about the mid-scalp posterior to the back of the head. A true solution for
» the hairline would be transplant surgery. I also believe diet and hairloss
» are somehow related. I take a host of vitamins and supplements to make up
» for the crap (i.e. chemicals) that we find in our food these days…

Glad to hear you’ve has some success with Avodart. I have had a transplant in the hairline and even posted pics in the hair transplant section. I had amazing results. Since halfway through avodart I lost about half the hairs from my hair transplant in the front - not my native hairs as I had no hairs there prior to surgery.

Without jumping to conclusions: I have long hair and when I comb my hair back my front hairs rech just past my crown. But I notice that I have pricks of hairs in the front about a half inch to an inch long that stand straight. I’m hoping this is some regrowth due to dropping dut and adding Xandrox. (I’m takin avodart one time per week though from taking it everyday).

My crown still suffers. I’m using Dermmatch for the first time today and will post pics of that as well.