Why with Transplants the Whole concept is Flawed

Did they have Acell 20 years before. As you may know, unfortunately during the 90s and early 2000 the research was going in an direction where no end and especially no success was in near sight :-/

But this has changeg. So tell me when was the last time someone actually talked about a Game CHanger?

A cell is not anything new. Neither is Histogen, Intercyclex or Prp. If it were so great my stock broker would have heard of it and I would have earned thousands on it. Just another experiment. We will be waiting another 20 years, see a few more " New great Products" & be dissapointed like so many others and all of this “WOW” Stuff will be another failure. The 1980’s did bring Minoxidil and it is still around and the only FDA approved topical for MPB. So yes they did discover things back then but for many the discoveries of today and yesterday leave much to be desired. Keep dreaming if you want to. The sad truth is that the outside world does not care about baldness as much as those who suffer with it do.

It seems that we have (and will likely always have) differences of opinion. Are HTs good…are they bad? It depends. It depends on hair characteristics (are you a good or bad candidate?), age, future loss, expectations, etc. There is no right or wrong answer. HTs can–and do-- often look natural, can restore youthful condidence, and change physical appearance. Drugs (fin and minox) work for some but not all, and work in different degrees. Is there a better “cure” around the corner, who knows? It could be 5 years, 10 years, 20 years or never. Your opinion is just that…an opinion…and its validity is pure conjecture. Since there is no one right answer, what is one to do? Educate and learn as much as possible. Weigh the options depending on your own sitiuation. Doing nothing migt be just fine for some. HTs may work for others. Natural cures may be the ticket for still others. Drugs might work for good responsders if their experience is good. My point is that we can’t be so dogmatic to presume we are right…and others are wrong. 20 year olds should know that MPB is progressive and that dense packing might look freaky in 20 more years. But who knows? Their MPB might not progress much. They might (and probably do) want to live for the moment and say screw the future.:slight_smile: I want to look good now. Is their opinion wrong? Who is to say? They just have a different opinion now, and probably a new different opinion later. Thankfully we have options; options that were not really available 10 years ago. I, for one, am glad for the progress and for the options. It has made a positive difference in my life.:wink:

What the original poster said made a lot of sense to me. I myself am a hair system wearer. I chose this route because it seemed to give the most drastic results and was the more practical option for me. I am 30 now, when I was around 20 I used to read this forum/site and I wasn’t too impressed with the transplant procedures. How could a narrow little strip of hair give you enough coverage?? Especially t hat there was no guarantees they would even take or last. I had a bad experience on hairsite on the hair replacement forum. They used to push a certain company that was over priced and a rip off, but they obviously paid hairsite to advertise. The good companies were banned and people who mentioned them were banned. But I ended up finding a much cheaper company that gave me excellent results. Hair systems can look better than transplants if you get the right one and know what you are doing. People are pretty much clueless about them I notice.

Anyway, on topic, Now we have FUE? Body hair transplants? The body hair transplants interests me because I have plenty of body hair lol. But I have the feeling that body to head hair transplants might not have a good success rate. If they did, why aren’t we seeing more amazing transformations? Most of the pictures and video I see the results are kind of crappy. People go from bald to looking like they are about to be bald. the best work I see is people with minor hair loss, or repair work. But what about guys who are completely bald, or will be completely bald? Can they get a full head of hair back that lasts? Does body hair really work? How long does it last. If i got 40,000 grafts and was able to afford it, will they fall out in five years? I just find this whole thing after SOO MUCH TIME, totally lacking.

The only thing that I would probably consider doing right now, is just getting a transplanted hairline, than wearing a hair system behind it. but even than I have my doubts. It would suck to pay a fortune to get a thin hairline only for it to fall out or for me to have to subscribe myself to a bunch of useless medications with side effects.

» cost is not the issue
» I have 100k in the bank, we own a beach resort and about a million dollars
» in property in the phils that is not part of the resort
» \
» I would not get a HT for free no, If I wanted one I assure you I would have
» one but at this point in time no , I would not get one

Sure, you do Hangin.’

Didn’t you tell me just last year that you were unable to buy supplements because of personal financial issues.

What, did you hit the lottery over there in the Philippians? LOL!

By the way, I don’t believe you when you state that “I would not get a HT for free.” That is a bald-headed lie, and you know it, Huckleberry!

sorry to hear you have financial problems and cannot afford a transplant

I would not get one for free, then again I dont live and die on what people think of my hair, like you do

» What the original poster said made a lot of sense to me. I myself am a
» hair system wearer. I chose this route because it seemed to give the most
» drastic results and was the more practical option for me. I am 30 now,
» when I was around 20 I used to read this forum/site and I wasn’t too
» impressed with the transplant procedures. How could a narrow little strip
» of hair give you enough coverage?? Especially t hat there was no guarantees
» they would even take or last. I had a bad experience on hairsite on the
» hair replacement forum. They used to push a certain company that was over
» priced and a rip off, but they obviously paid hairsite to advertise. The
» good companies were banned and people who mentioned them were banned. But
» I ended up finding a much cheaper company that gave me excellent results.
» Hair systems can look better than transplants if you get the right one and
» know what you are doing. People are pretty much clueless about them I
» notice.
»
» Anyway, on topic, Now we have FUE? Body hair transplants? The body
» hair transplants interests me because I have plenty of body hair lol. But
» I have the feeling that body to head hair transplants might not have a good
» success rate. If they did, why aren’t we seeing more amazing
» transformations? Most of the pictures and video I see the results are kind
» of crappy. People go from bald to looking like they are about to be bald.
» the best work I see is people with minor hair loss, or repair work. But
» what about guys who are completely bald, or will be completely bald? Can
» they get a full head of hair back that lasts? Does body hair really work?
» How long does it last. If i got 40,000 grafts and was able to afford it,
» will they fall out in five years? I just find this whole thing after SOO
» MUCH TIME, totally lacking.
»
» The only thing that I would probably consider doing right now, is just
» getting a transplanted hairline, than wearing a hair system behind it. but
» even than I have my doubts. It would suck to pay a fortune to get a thin
» hairline only for it to fall out or for me to have to subscribe myself to a
» bunch of useless medications with side effects.

save your money
body hair is very weak compared to scalp hair and you need IMO 5 times the number of grafts to get same coverage

enjoy your life, stop obsessing about your hair

» What the original poster said made a lot of sense to me. I myself am a
» hair system wearer. I chose this route because it seemed to give the most
» drastic results and was the more practical option for me. I am 30 now,
» when I was around 20 I used to read this forum/site and I wasn’t too
» impressed with the transplant procedures. How could a narrow little strip
» of hair give you enough coverage?? Especially t hat there was no guarantees
» they would even take or last. I had a bad experience on hairsite on the
» hair replacement forum. They used to push a certain company that was over
» priced and a rip off, but they obviously paid hairsite to advertise. The
» good companies were banned and people who mentioned them were banned. But
» I ended up finding a much cheaper company that gave me excellent results.
» Hair systems can look better than transplants if you get the right one and
» know what you are doing. People are pretty much clueless about them I
» notice.
»
» Anyway, on topic, Now we have FUE? Body hair transplants? The body
» hair transplants interests me because I have plenty of body hair lol. But
» I have the feeling that body to head hair transplants might not have a good
» success rate. If they did, why aren’t we seeing more amazing
» transformations? Most of the pictures and video I see the results are kind
» of crappy. People go from bald to looking like they are about to be bald.
» the best work I see is people with minor hair loss, or repair work. But
» what about guys who are completely bald, or will be completely bald? Can
» they get a full head of hair back that lasts? Does body hair really work?
» How long does it last. If i got 40,000 grafts and was able to afford it,
» will they fall out in five years? I just find this whole thing after SOO
» MUCH TIME, totally lacking.
»
» The only thing that I would probably consider doing right now, is just
» getting a transplanted hairline, than wearing a hair system behind it. but
» even than I have my doubts. It would suck to pay a fortune to get a thin
» hairline only for it to fall out or for me to have to subscribe myself to a
» bunch of useless medications with side effects.

hey well if you haven’t had transplants yet… then you must have a lot of donor hair available. Why don’t you have an FUE procedure to restore your hairline instead of body hair. There are some decent surgeons out there than can give you a long lasting, natrual looking hairline.

"save your money
body hair is very weak compared to scalp hair and you need IMO 5 times the number of grafts to get same coverage

enjoy your life, stop obsessing about your hair"

In all fairness this is my fourth post on this board and I haven’t looked at this forum in like 10 years. I found a solution that works for me so I am not obsessing. I am just checking in to see what the latest info is. Doesn’t seem like much changed.

» hey well if you haven’t had transplants yet… then you must have a lot of
» donor hair available. Why don’t you have an FUE procedure to restore your
» hairline instead of body hair. There are some decent surgeons out there
» than can give you a long lasting, natrual looking hairline.

I haven't had any transplant before.  I have all my donor hair plus a lot of body hair.   Yeah I was thinking about doing that.  Full head coverage would be insane for me, I am only 30 yo, but I am a norwood six :-\\  

I worry about doing just a hairline because of the money. I am not sure its worth 10 grand or more just to make wearing a hair system slightly easier. than who knows how its gonna look, if the hair is gonna fall out. It would REALLY suck to go thru all of that only to have to shave it and wear a system over it. A lot of money down the drain. How many grafts do you think it would take to create a hairline on a bald head? I would half an inch thick? plus some temple area coverage.

» “save your money
» body hair is very weak compared to scalp hair and you need IMO 5 times the
» number of grafts to get same coverage
»
» enjoy your life, stop obsessing about your hair”
»

»
» In all fairness this is my fourth post on this board and I haven’t
» looked at this forum in like 10 years. I found a solution that works for
» me so I am not obsessing. I am just checking in to see what the latest info
» is. Doesn’t seem like much changed.

what solution works for you, do share !!!

The solution that has worked for me, or has been working for the past 10 years or so was wearing a hair system. Now I know people on boards like this think hair systems are ugly rugs or obvious looking wigs etc. but that is not the case. For someone who is like a norwood 6 or so and wants a full head of hair again, hair systems are really the only feasible option. Sure its not as good as having your own hair, because there is maintenance involved, but the visual results can be just as good, in my case better cause my hair never was that great. I always had frizzy hard to manage hair. My hair looks better now than it ever did. HOwever, If i had a real transplanted hairline and could wear a hair system behind it, I think it would just make things a little easier. not because the hairline looks bad, it looks fantastic, but the hairline is just more fuss.

» The solution that has worked for me, or has been working for the past 10
» years or so was wearing a hair system. Now I know people on boards like
» this think hair systems are ugly rugs or obvious looking wigs etc. but
» that is not the case. For someone who is like a norwood 6 or so and wants
» a full head of hair again, hair systems are really the only feasible
» option. Sure its not as good as having your own hair, because there is
» maintenance involved, but the visual results can be just as good, in my
» case better cause my hair never was that great. I always had frizzy hard to
» manage hair. My hair looks better now than it ever did. HOwever, If i
» had a real transplanted hairline and could wear a hair system behind it, I
» think it would just make things a little easier. not because the hairline
» looks bad, it looks fantastic, but the hairline is just more fuss.

It’s like opening a can of worms, you should just stick to the hair system and forget about getting a transplanted hairline.

Yeah most likely I will be using hair systems until a real cure comes out or some kind of advancement. I just thought by now in 2011 getting at least a hairline transplanted would be something very easily done and almost guaranteed. It is amazing how little progress there has been in this industry, yet its a billion dollar a year one. What a crock.

I could never dream of wearing a rug. I’d sooner shave my head bald and be laughed at.

There’s a whole lot of foot dragging going on in hair research and its beyond frustrating.

I respect that, but for what reason? Is it a pride thing? Like even though no one might know you are wearing one, you would feel bad about yourself because you know your wearing one?

» The solution that has worked for me, or has been working for the past 10
» years or so was wearing a hair system.

I tried that. Mine were held on with clips and double-sided tape.

KEEPING IT ON WAS NOT THE BIG PROBLEM.

Pursuing manly activities with it looking natural and without ruining it is the problem.

Ask the toupe maker if you can wear a hair “system” camping in a tent.

Swimming in the ocean?

Scuba diving?

Water skiing?

Boating/Fishing (salt spray, fish blood and oil when casting bait or when landing a thrashing fish, sails, booms, lines and other rigging, low overhead, etc)?

For hours in bright summer sunlight, espcially on the beach or in the desert?

On a dusty trail ride?

Having a snowball fight with you girlfriend?

While pitching hay or chopping firewood?

While hunting?

Painting your house or painting anything?

While wrestling with your dog?

Wile walking trail in the forest (branches, bird and insect droppings, tree sap, catepillars, low branches, ticks, etc)?

While playing sports?

While fighting or wrestling?

While working on your car/home/whatever (dripping grease, sawdust, dirt, mold insects, etc))

Under a helmet on a hot sweaty day?

I could go on and on and on.

When the wig maker says you can’t without either looking like a dork and also ruining the toupe, you ask . . .

“So when am I supposed to wear it?”

A hairpiece is like wearing a business suit during all your actites–even to bed., and expecting not to damage the suit and to look normal

And like wearing a suit 24/7, wearing a hairpiece 24/7 quickly damages, soils, bleaches, matts, wrinkles (that is, curls it in funny ways), rendering it phony looking util you rush home to clean it and style it (each such cleaning/styling further damages it) or risk looking like a dork.

In short order, you will quickly look like a dork and destroy the thing–unless you live the life of a climate controlled couch potato.

I destroyed my first hairpiece the first weekend I wore it–and I was taking it easy, too. It turned into a bleached, tangled, matted mess with hairs fallig out of it.

» » The solution that has worked for me, or has been working for the past 10
» » years or so was wearing a hair system.
»
» I tried that. Mine were held on with clips and double-sided tape.
»
» KEEPING IT ON WAS NOT THE BIG PROBLEM.
»
» Pursuing manly activities with it looking natural and without ruining it
» is the problem.
»
» Ask the toupe maker if you can wear a hair “system” camping in a tent.
»
» Swimming in the ocean?
»
» Scuba diving?
»
» Water skiing?
»
» Boating/Fishing (salt spray, fish blood and oil when casting bait or when
» landing a thrashing fish, sails, booms, lines and other rigging, low
» overhead, etc)?
»
» For hours in bright summer sunlight, espcially on the beach or in the
» desert?
»
» On a dusty trail ride?
»
» Having a snowball fight with you girlfriend?
»
» While pitching hay or chopping firewood?
»
» While hunting?
»
» Painting your house or painting anything?
»
» While wrestling with your dog?
»
» Wile walking trail in the forest (branches, bird and insect droppings, tree
» sap, catepillars, low branches, ticks, etc)?
»
» While playing sports?
»
» While fighting or wrestling?
»
» While working on your car/home/whatever (dripping grease, sawdust, dirt,
» mold insects, etc))
»
» Under a helmet on a hot sweaty day?
»
» I could go on and on and on.
»
» When the wig maker says you can’t without either looking like a dork and
» also ruining the toupe, you ask . . .
»
» “So when am I supposed to wear it?”
»
» A hairpiece is like wearing a business suit during all your actites–even
» to bed., and expecting not to damage the suit and to look normal
»
» And like wearing a suit 24/7, wearing a hairpiece 24/7 quickly damages,
» soils, bleaches, matts, wrinkles (that is, curls it in funny ways),
» rendering it phony looking util you rush home to clean it and style it
» (each such cleaning/styling further damages it) or risk looking like a
» dork.
»
» In short order, you will quickly look like a dork and destroy the
» thing–unless you live the life of a climate controlled couch potato.
»
» I destroyed my first hairpiece the first weekend I wore it–and I was
» taking it easy, too. It turned into a bleached, tangled, matted mess with
» hairs fallig out of it.

I agree but I did it for 14 years. You are so right though about them falling apart. I used to get them at wholesale and buy one a month. The edges would get glue and persperation and loose hair. I had to always put a ton of glue on and then I did go to the beach, gym and etc but never, ever felt comfortable. It is not a fun way to go through life but there are many people who are in the high norwood scales and can’t get what they want out of surgery or medications. It is a last option and I am glad that I am never going back to it. They can look good but you have to spend forever before you leave the house and you can’t feel your scalp. Despite this though the Non surgical Hair Replacement offices are still in business so I suppose there is a need for them for some people. Every person must do what is right for themselves. Remember some celebrities use them ( Nicholas cage, Elton John, etc) so with all of their money go figure. Hair Transplants are more natural and I am so glad that my progress has come so far but one will not always get that full head of hair either. Medications are limited-- so what are the options? Other than shaving ones head which is not for everyone. I tried that years ago and was more depressed than ever. Live and let live- that should be the motto for all. Remember there are no cures. Just treatments for now.:slight_smile:

Well, I have to add my two cents. After having 3 HT’s my hairline looks like crap. The belief that donor hair lasts a lifetime is not true in my case.
After approximately one and a half years after each HT, the hairline transplanted hair fell out.
The crown area on top did stay however.

» Well, I have to add my two cents. After having 3 HT’s my hairline looks
» like crap. The belief that donor hair lasts a lifetime is not true in my
» case.
» After approximately one and a half years after each HT, the hairline
» transplanted hair fell out.
» The crown area on top did stay however.

This is really becoming a trend. I have heard a few reports of this and I think it is time that it was taken seriously. Out of interest, did you try prop / finasteride or dut? If so, how did you react?

» » Well, I have to add my two cents. After having 3 HT’s my hairline looks
» » like crap. The belief that donor hair lasts a lifetime is not true in my
» » case.
» » After approximately one and a half years after each HT, the hairline
» » transplanted hair fell out.
» » The crown area on top did stay however.
»
»
» This is really becoming a trend. I have heard a few reports of this and I
» think it is time that it was taken seriously. Out of interest, did you try
» prop / finasteride or dut? If so, how did you react?

Thats one of the reasons why i say “Goddammnit start using Acell and experiment with other techniques such as plucking to at least expand the donor area”. Thats all i have to say