Where do you people get the money?

Well, as we all know hair transplant is a VERY costly procedure.

A rough estimate of costs is at least 5 figures! Where do you peeps get the money? Or are you all millionaires?

Just curious.

» Well, as we all know hair transplant is a VERY costly procedure.
»
» A rough estimate of costs is at least 5 figures! Where do you peeps get
» the money? Or are you all millionaires?
»
» Just curious.

I dont have the $$$, that s why I am hoping prices will come down even more. I am also working very hard to make more money these days, I am not a saver by nature so I am trying all these creative ways to make more money.

I’ve had 5 procedures already (7 - 15 years ago), and I’d pay another $100k for a real head of hair. Unfortunately, my hair is still a “before” picture.

Where does the money come from? Very simple, live below your means.

Over the years I have seen some rich folks and I have seen folks that take out a second mortgage and/or save for years. What really sucks is the percentage I saw not HAVE a good transplant and the folks that scrape and save end up hanging in the wind because of the transplant surgeon that is greedy. I hate this industry.

» I’ve had 5 procedures already (7 - 15 years ago), and I’d pay another $100k
» for a real head of hair. Unfortunately, my hair is still a “before”
» picture.
»
» Where does the money come from? Very simple, live below your means.

Do you regret spending that kind of money ?

» Over the years I have seen some rich folks and I have seen folks that take
» out a second mortgage and/or save for years. What really sucks is the
» percentage I saw not HAVE a good transplant and the folks that scrape and
» save end up hanging in the wind because of the transplant surgeon that is
» greedy. I hate this industry.

Hairtech how did you get sucked into this industry anyway ? Care to share ?

» » Well, as we all know hair transplant is a VERY costly procedure.
» »
» » A rough estimate of costs is at least 5 figures! Where do you peeps get
» » the money? Or are you all millionaires?
» »
» » Just curious.
»
» I dont have the $$$, that s why I am hoping prices will come down even
» more. I am also working very hard to make more money these days, I am not
» a saver by nature so I am trying all these creative ways to make more
» money.

I’m not a saver too. I’m in my mid 20s and by my reckoning I’d be in my fifties by the times I save enough for a hair transplant, which kind of defeats the purpose anyway… lol. =(

» » Over the years I have seen some rich folks and I have seen folks that
» take
» » out a second mortgage and/or save for years. What really sucks is the
» » percentage I saw not HAVE a good transplant and the folks that scrape
» and
» » save end up hanging in the wind because of the transplant surgeon that
» is
» » greedy. I hate this industry.
»
» Hairtech how did you get sucked into this industry anyway ? Care to share
» ?

You could always take out a loan and pay it off gradually.

» Over the years I have seen some rich folks and I have seen folks that take
» out a second mortgage and/or save for years. What really sucks is the
» percentage I saw not HAVE a good transplant and the folks that scrape and
» save end up hanging in the wind because of the transplant surgeon that is
» greedy
. I hate this industry.

I cannot agtree more! I feel really bad for ordinary folks who have to scrimp and save just to fix something that god gave ‘other’ men for free. Why is life so unfair???

Also I feel that HT at the moment is wayyy overpriced at the moment. I hate doctors who take advantage of desperate bald men knowing full well that bald men would go to what ever lengths (rob a bank maybe) to fix their hair problems. I betcha most hair transplants if not all of them are millionaires! - I want to be a hair transplant doctor too!

I had the unfortuante experience of meeting this money grabbing wh*re of a doctor. It seems like she grabbed the figures out of the top of her head. First time she quoted me $7280 for a strip procedure and “rougly double” for FUE and the next time I saw her again the price rose to $10000 for strip and $22000 for FUE!

God bless.

i think most of the people on the forum are just rich, lol.

» Hairtech how did you get sucked into this industry anyway ? Care to share
» ?

Just happened to move to Atlanta… and applied for a job. When I began working at at the clinic, we had a huge exodus of employees two weeks after I started which left pretty much two techs. And i was one of the two which was completely un-trained. So I had to learn fast. And that is how I got sucked into the drama of this industry. It was in the beginning stages of FUE coming to the United Stated back in 2002/03. Now time has passed. I am not so ignorant to the real issues of HT anymore. It is driven by just a few folks who have money. Spencer Kobren is one of the controlling factors in HT. A true patient advocate or a doctor that cares about this industry would reach out his had and shake those hands that try to do the same in any medium and especially forums and those who work at clinics. But this is simply not true. I feel bad for anyone trying to find the truth outside of these forums period. And only a couple of the forums I can say I would even trust. Even though Hairsite deletes a lot of text, I trust this site more than other sites. This is because there are unpaid poster regulators here that don’t put up with garbage. I also trust hairlossadvances for the same reasons. If you go to any other forum you might as well forget it. Sorry I went on a tangent but it is simply my opinion.

I only spent about $5000 in total over 10+ years, I consider myself very fortunate.

I credit that to the medications that more or less maintain my hair count over the years, plus a conservative approach toward HT. Just as important is SMALLER SESSIONS. Had I gone for a mega-session the first pass, I would probably be doing touch-up and repair work every 2 years and spending a lot more.

Technically I can use another 1500-2000 grafts to restore my hairline+temples to perfection, but as I get older I become less obsessed about having a perfect hairline.

A lot really depends on your expectations. Approach cautiously, where possible, do smaller sessions.

Hairsite do you have pics?was your surgeon Woods or Gho?Because i remembered something about you going to Gho

Hairtech good post…i noticed some of your old posts(i am doing heavy research lately cause i am thinking of a transplant more seriously :slight_smile: )… in other forums when you were working for Cole they were very different back then :wink:

Its a very good point you make about these forums, i thank god some people decided to make these forums and thank god i found these forums, maybe some times there is censorship that drives you nuts but still i believe if you are logical and you dont believe everything you read and you research you will gain precious knowledge that might save you from bad decisions.And there are experienced posters that are telling the whole truth and not hide anything. I just remembered TheFittest, i am so lucky i wasaround when this guy was posting…

I also believe that the forum moderators grew up and matured through the years there is more freedom of information and they are managing to control the doctors more and not let the doctors control them.(unless they are greedy or desperate for advertisers)

Thank you GREEK… Now here is an on going post about BHT …

Sofar I like you man… you have heart. Heart lacks in this industry. But that might be a paradoxal statement. Heart might lie in those who KNOW the truth about certain aspects of this industry. Folks like BALLOONMAN and HAIRTECH who get flack for stating the truth may in fact have the heart of the truth. I must say SOFAR, I like you man. I really think you believe in UMAR and your transplant.

But now that Ballonman states that COLE says BHT will NOW takes 3 years to come about…? That speaks mountains to me because when I was working there it started out as this…“BHT will take the same amount of time to grow. oh wait… it will take slightly longer than the normal time… wait wait wait… I am so sorry… LET’S DO MEGGASESSIONS… HURRAY… MEGASSESSIONS FOR 15 DOLLARS A GRAFT… WAHOO… Oh… BTW it will take 1.5 years to grow… oh I am so SORRY… it will take two years to grow… ok ok ok wait… I am such an ass… IT WILL TAKE THREE YEARS TO GROW!!!” The statements I have said are of my opinion and not necessarily of those who charged the patients 15 dollars a graft and performed meggassessions.

My point is this… and again I am almost tired of stating this stuff over and over.

1. BHT is unpredictable at best.
  2. It may or may not provide a single growth of hair.
  3. There are very limited cases that have shown improvement in some folks. (These can be counted on one hand)
  4. Not one single meggassesion provided a significant result thus far.
  5. Folks like Dr A., Cole, UMAR KNOW WHAT THE YIELDS ARE TO THIS DAY.
  6. FOLKS like Spencer Kobren care more about their agenda than to speak actual truths and especially about BHT
  7. I have an arsenal of emails from patients complaining about poor results of BHT.
  8. If I am sued or taunted from my OPINION of BHT… I will let them out.
  9. I am sick of this industry and prepared to folks down because they won’t look why they took the oath of why they are a freakon doctor and realize that their reputation does not sit on the failure of BHT but seriously sits on the facts at hand AND can redeem themselves by admitting what everyone already knows.

HTP surgery is addictive,once you start you cannot stop.
Initial work is often unsatisfactory to patients so they get hooked on “revisions” & "touch up work"
Patients will always find ways to get the money just like a junkie will get money to buy crack.
Sad but true

Well, I’d be a bald NW6 if I hadn’t done it. I’m now a daily ProThik man and look like a NW3. $30k was what I’ve spent to date, and no that doesn’t bother me. I just wish I had started it today in the FUE era (at least I could shave my head!), but starting losing hair at a young age leads to bad decisions. My first transplant was actually done by the Cleveland Hair Clinic, and I found out about them from the TV guide!

»
» Do you regret spending that kind of money ?

Well XRAy I am happy for you… seriously. I am glad you feel thatr the money you have spent was worth it. Congrats

I’m pretty sure that I don’t deserve congrats. Without ProThik and/or Toppik, I’d be the most miserable human on the planet… trust me. I’m vain and couldn’t leave the house without a cap with my hair looking the way it does without coloring my scalp! It is probably more that $30k means little to me than that I feel I got bang for my buck.

» Well XRAy I am happy for you… seriously. I am glad you feel thatr the
» money you have spent was worth it. Congrats

» Hairsite do you have pics?was your surgeon Woods or Gho?Because i
» remembered something about you going to Gho

First procedure was a STRIP many years ago, no internet back then, didn’t realize how important it was to take pics at that time.

Second procedure was with GHO, just a touch up.