What you see is what you will get

“…When considering a body hair procedure, look at your body hair…Examine it carefully…when transplanted to the scalp, will “usually” increase in length…dependent upon where it came from and how long and robust it was.
…WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU WILL GET…certain parts of the body are prone to much higher transection rates…never assume red dots…represent intact follicles, or that dots on the recipient area will produce hair. Dr Ray Woods”

OK Kids, hang on, because the following startling revelations will blow you away. I’ve no medical training, but a 40 year PERSONAL experience with hair transplants, reading, and a family’s admonition, “get a life”.

GUESS WHAT? BHT IS IN ITS INFANCY, in discovery mode, you’re taking a chance pure and simple. Half the folks out there haven’t a clue. Logic real expectations and a bit of thinking is called for here. DO IT.

First, hair from tranplants is stressed by the procedure itself. The average number of cell divisions a life cycle of hair has, is foreshortened by the very procedure. In some cases, transplanted hair outlasts the patients life. GREAT! BUT some folks LIKE ME need retouches every five to ten years, even though the donor area hasn’t diminished at all, most transplanted hair falls out before you want it to. PLAN FOR WORSE CASE by saving donor area for a lifetime, and be pleasantly surprised by best case. And multiple hits, hurt regrowth rates. About the time donor site’s dry up, less and less regrowth happens. LIVE AND PLAN FOR IT.

Saving my pennies to do fill in work from the chest and back area, because I lived longer than I expected. 4 scalp reductions, a Frichet (sp) device, my bald spot went from 65 to 17 sq inches, and THEN was filled by 3100 1-7 hair grafts 1994/5 that’s attritted by 2/3rds. I EXPECTED that attrition in the 3100 plugs. And my ancient 1/4 inch plugs from the 70’s? THEY LASTED, BECAUSE THEY WERE BIG PIECES OF FRIENDLY MEAT NOT LONELY ONESY TWOSIES SURROUNDED BY “ENEMY MEAT”. These one’sy two-sy’s being done now look better, but are lonely tiny chunks surronded by unfriendly scalp territory. Chances are, they drop dead faster because their fighting poison meat juices. LIVE with that if you do FUE or strip grafts. You want them to last longer, you ask for bigger chunks–double follicular units, as many as 20 hairs per scalp “chunk”. Or like me, 10 years after, you’re back to a undetectible comb over hunting for donor area. With little scalp donor material left…BHT comes next–you get the drill. AND WHILE I AM AT IT, START STOKING UP ON SAW PALMETTO, I DO EIGHT CAPSULES A DAY, AND MY HAIR STOPPED FALLING OUT LAST YEAR --I mean–NONE AT ALL! I MEAN NOTHING. ZERO ZILCH ZIP NADA, AND I WISH I’D STARTED TEN YEARS AGO…maybe I wouldn’t need to get more work done…

Here’s my TRANSPLANT logic: Biggest scalp hair plugs you can tolerate on top, when you run out, robust body hair from chest goes on top, hair from back and legs goes into old donor sites and scars, where hair is expected to be shorter. THIS IS NOT HARD TO MANAGE these operations over a lifetime folks. I got two more to go thru before I am a very pretty corpse. Plan better than me. TRY THAT SAW PALMETTO, BOY DID THAT WORK FOR ME WOW!

I gotta go make some more pennies SO I CAN GRADUATE WITH A BHT IN FOLLICLES. Now get with it and start reading.

» when someone points it out just say thanks and be done with it
»
» anyone stupid enough to spell ridiculous like you did, shouldbt be able to
» post on a forum. you are a moron pure and simple
» is english your first language
»
» by the way, what earth shattering contributions to the board do you make
» on a regular basis, other than telling us how much money you wasted on
» body hair, 100 grande is coming up soon…is that supposed to
» impress us?
»
» how many guys get body hair results that are impressive? not too many,
» unless they shell out the price of a new house…and even a
» lot of them that do still see pathetic results
»
» so what is your contribution to the board hotshot?
»
» » Finally !!! - maybe we have at least found a useful contribution for
» you
» » on the forum as a spellchecker. I’ve wondered for a long time exactly
» what
» » your purpose is .
» »
» »
» » Keep up the good work with your new task . Much appreciated and I hope
» » that you feel useful. Noone else has any use for you-except as a
» » spellchecker of course -doing a great job so far !
» »
» » Can we spell - useelessss. Check that one for me !!!
» »
» » 17,000 Actively Growing BHT by Dr Umar
» » www.myhairtransformation.com

I can personally vouch for Heliboy’s contribution. He took the time to help me in a time of extreme anxiety. I have limited head donor available so my only option was BHT to fix the damage caused by incapable strip surgeons. I didn’t want to fix one problem only to create another. IOW I was concerned about having a chest that looked like it was riddled by a shot gun. He assured me that this wouldn’t be a problem with Dr Umar’s techniques and his honest nature convinced me. Thank God! At this point I am seeing a great improvement and hopefully will have some great results to post.

Hangin- You really should reconsider burning bridges with sincere people like this that go out of their way to help you- that is of course unless you have a completely different agenda altogether.

heliboy is not a bridge i need to cross in the future

» » when someone points it out just say thanks and be done with it
» »
» » anyone stupid enough to spell ridiculous like you did, shouldbt be able
» to
» » post on a forum. you are a moron pure and simple
» » is english your first language
» »
» » by the way, what earth shattering contributions to the board do you
» make
» » on a regular basis, other than telling us how much money you wasted on
» » body hair, 100 grande is coming up soon…is that supposed
» to
» » impress us?
» »
» » how many guys get body hair results that are impressive? not too many,
» » unless they shell out the price of a new house…and even
» a
» » lot of them that do still see pathetic results
» »
» » so what is your contribution to the board hotshot?
» »
» » » Finally !!! - maybe we have at least found a useful contribution
» for
» » you
» » » on the forum as a spellchecker. I’ve wondered for a long time exactly
» » what
» » » your purpose is .
» » »
» » »
» » » Keep up the good work with your new task . Much appreciated and I
» hope
» » » that you feel useful. Noone else has any use for you-except as a
» » » spellchecker of course -doing a great job so far !
» » »
» » » Can we spell - useelessss. Check that one for me !!!
» » »
» » » 17,000 Actively Growing BHT by Dr Umar
» » » www.myhairtransformation.com
»
»
» I can personally vouch for Heliboy’s contribution. He took the time to
» help me in a time of extreme anxiety. I have limited head donor available
» so my only option was BHT to fix the damage caused by incapable strip
» surgeons. I didn’t want to fix one problem only to create another. IOW I
» was concerned about having a chest that looked like it was riddled by a
» shot gun. He assured me that this wouldn’t be a problem with Dr Umar’s
» techniques and his honest nature convinced me. Thank God! At this point I
» am seeing a great improvement and hopefully will have some great results
» to post.
»
» Hangin- You really should reconsider burning bridges with sincere people
» like this that go out of their way to help you- that is of course unless
» you have a completely different agenda altogether.

If you do grandstanding mega sessions then many follicles will be destroyed. Many others will be damaged and their cycles will be much much slower…if they survive
Sound familiar Dr Sanguy ?

If you are basing your observations on the activities of your own clinic then please don’t bother adressing me with them as I regard them as irrelevant and negligable.

Chiohead…I don’t advise the deliberate over farming of the donor. Too many follicles can be destroyed. Scalp shock is a risk and it can be difficult to repair.
And a bald scarred donor is worse and harder to hide than frontal baldness
NEVER create a problem to fix a problem. It can be unpredictable

Thankyou for all your contributions SKYWALKER, and the fish is in the mail.

Dr Ray Woods

was that a PHD in antyhing that involved writing?

» I’ve never made any contribution to the forum . I dont feel like I have
» helped any of the countless individuals that have contacted me through my
» personal email seeking information on BHT and strip procedures or the many
» hours on the phone after work at night talking with people who want to
» discuss my experience . Your point is made . (Although I do like that
» nickname you gave me- Hotshot.) That’s catchy.
»
» I’ll try to do better on the forum - and work on my speelling too (or is
» it to) . Ooops . did it again .Now thanks to you I’m just finding out
» the time and money I forked out for a doctorate degree is useless all due
» to the word rediculous - I mean ridiculous . That’s it . I have to go to
» bed. I cant take this speelling thing anymorre tonighte. Its obviously
» getting worse .
»
» 17,000+ Actively Growing BHT by Dr Umar
» www.myhairtransformation.com

I think Dr. Woods has made an extremely important point, and that is that the results of this technique involve a great degree of variation. So when you say that “Most of these doctors have a few posters who are constantly praising their work, or arguing in their favor” it is important to note that even if these patients are real patients with good intentions, they might represent the best possible outcome. IOW, your results might vary from the pictures you see a great deal.

And I believe the above point should be considered when opting for a BHT solution. IOW, Dr. Woods attempts to limit the donor hairs to those that are known to typically be the most robust. This way, variation in results can be controlled somewhat so that patients can have somewhat more realistic expectations before they spend their money. OTOH, if we for instance harvest leg hair, one guy might get great results due to the principles of biochemical individuality. We might see his picture on the Internet a million times. And he might proclaim what a great donor source leg hair really is. But is it really a great donor source if 24 out of 25 other patients achieve dismal results?

IMO, one of the biggest drawbacks to HT of any kind is the variation in results. The problem is, HT is not a consistent procedure even for all patients who see the same doctor, let alone consistent between numerous doctors who have competing philosophies. I believe the most professional way to procede is to strive for consistency in results. But many doctors disagree with me and believe the most professional way to procede is with photos using various lighting strategies and using only their very best case examples and concealing the rest from public view.

This industry is not properly documented and regulated. IMO, every single patient outcome should be publically disclosed, and a proper statistical analysis should be performed so that patients can have an accurate understanding of the variation involved before they spend their money.

But that is a pipe-dream. So what we are left to fear the doctors who we pay enormous sums of money to treat us. When we go into their clinics, we “cross our fingers” and live in absolute fear of what might happen to us as a result of our desicion. Will we emerge looking like Frankenstein or will we achieve the outcome of our hopes and dreams? IMO, this climate is unethical. If these techniques work well, why not fully disclose them? Patients deserve to be treated in a non-threatening environment and to be able to fully trust the physicians who perform surgery upon them. They also deserve to have an exact understanding of the statistics involved so that they can have realistic expections about the outcome. This will benefit ethical doctors and the patients they treat, as patient education is the key to allowing an ethical doctor to be able to sleep at night. How many times have we seen the 21-year-old guy that wanted a perfect hairline again go ballistic upon a doctor who only got the hairline 98% perfect? Yes, ethical phsyicians need full disclosure every bit as much as the patients do. The only physicians who do not benefit by full disclosure of results (not to be confused with disclosure of how to perform the procedure) are unethical doctors who must hide away the poor outcome examples.

My rant above does not just apply to HT, it applies to all cosmetic surgery. And IMO, doctors might be threatened by my proposal, and it might even be costly to them as far as time and resources are concerned. But if a doctor truly is good at what he/she does, then a business model promoting full disclosure of results will pay for itself many times over because it will draw in prospective patients who otherwise are too fearfull to have the procedure done elsewhere by less forthcoming physicians.

So in the meantime, I’ll continue to laugh off these self proclaimed claims of greatness and keep my money in my pocket until the day either one true expert in the field decides to offer full disclosure or until something better comes along. For now, IMO, Woods is the closest thing there is to a true expert in this field because he invented it. So I commend his intentions of promoting consistency in these techniques by carefulling selecting the donor hair that provides the most consistently reliable outcome, but OTOH, I hope for a day where full patient disclosure is mandatory, and I won’t elect to become his patient until I can be absolutely certain of the true range of results his techniques produce.

Meaning, I won’t see any surgeon, even the best, until the full range of expected results are fully revealed to each and every prospective patient or one of these doctors provides me with legitimate reasons for why the results need to remain hidden from public scrutiny. This is not an accusation of any kind. Yet it is factual that in the early years of HT, clinics thrived upon a business model of only discussing the best patient outcomes. Unfortunately, this commonly accepted practice remains today. :slight_smile:

» was that a PHD in antyhing that involved writing?
»

Who gives a phuck!

» heliboy is not a bridge i need to cross in the future
»
Ignorance is bliss- But hell, Einstein couldn’t spell worth a shitte either.

IMO, the hypothetical syllogism you have provided above is flawed and cannot be considered conclusive.

<<<<For reasons beyond my comprehension, early BHT proponents seemed to push this myth of BH taking on scalp hair characteristics.>>>>>

I believe you have used flawed syllogism to arrive at your conclusion.

What we are discussing is a matter of cell signaling. Each donor environment has specific characteristics and will interact with each recipient environment in a unique manner (as well as a patient specific manner). Some environments are more conducive to interacting than others in regards to specific properties. Nobody is claiming that body hair turns into scalp hair. They are claiming, that body hair remains as body hair but that it is influenced by the signaling environment into which it is placed, thus it takes on characteristics of the scalp hair.

You cannot use facts like, “scalp hair implanted into eyebrow skin continues to grow long” to prove your claim. All that can be derived from this statement is that the signals in the recipient environment are not conducive to changing the characteristics of the scalp hair so that it grows lengthwise in a fashion similar to eybrow hair.

You have not considered the possibility that the scalp environment has signals present that are involved in regulating hair cycle and that eyebrow skin is devoid of these same factors. Thus the length of hair in eyebrow skin is perhaps more a matter of interfollicular signaling than outer. And of course, as in your beard hair example, which you will use as a counter to my point, you are assuming that beard hair follicles and other body hair follicles have exactly the same signaling and receptor characteristics, which is quite obviously not the case. My counter to this is that the beard hair follicles lack the necessary factors to be influenced by the scalp environments’ known cycling affecting properties and that body hair follicles generally possesses an environment that is influenced by scalp skin signals (also your sample size is too small to be considered conclusive as biochemical individuality among patients will affect the outcome). Biology involves variation among its structures. If this were not the case, all hair would look the same.

<<>>

No it isn’t. Both claims are that body hair is influenced by the signaling environment into which it is placed. I believe the flaw in your argument is that you assume that all signaling/receptor environments in all skin is exactly the same, and that all signaling/receptor environments in donor sites are exactly the same. But then you go on to contradict yourself by claiming that body hair gets a unique fertilizer boost when transplanted into the scalp. If your conclusion proves anything, it is that donor and recipient environments have unique properties that will interact in unique ways when they come into contact with each other.

<<<I feel that is an utterly wrong way to present BHT.
BHT is close to my heart, but its benefits can be best acheived by unravelling its natural laws.
Not by simplistic pronouncements.>>>>

I’m in total agreement there, but it appears to me that it is your pronouncement that is simplistic. Your claim of “fertilization” as well as their claim of “taking on characteristics” result from the same underlying model. It is a matter of unique signals and receptors. I believe the only difference in your claims is that you are claiming that the BH takes on one characteristic (length) and they are claiming that it takes on one (length) and perhaps more (fiber characteristics). Yet, your argument does not in anyway disprove their claim. It only proves that body hair implanted in the skin “takes on one or more characteristics of the scalp hair.” And this appears to me to be the point the original pioneer of this field has been making all along.

So whether looking at it from an indepth viewpoint or a simplistic one, I think the best proof we can currently assertain is the way the hair quality and texture appears to our naked eye. Is it an acceptable treatment for baldness or isn’t it?

<<<<If the transplanted hair take on recipient area characteristics, then the requirement of “robustness” is moot. Each and every hair will take on the characteristics.>>>>

No it won’t. Individual donor zones have unique signaling environments/ receptors as do individual recepient zones. Not just one tiny piece of biology involves variation; it all involves variation. Otherwise, all body hair would look the same. IOW, “what you see is what you get.” And that most certainly is the point that Dr. Woods is making. Careful selection of donor hair results in consistently higher quality patient outcomes.

Michael,

The alpha five reductase enzyme of the type 2 variety is located in the innermost portion of the hair follicles themselves. The kind that is in the sebocytes and sebaceous glands is the type 1 kind.

Merk tested a type one alpha five inhibitir called MK386 for baldness. Its results were only roughly 11% of finasteride’s. In other words, very little of the DHT that effects head hair is made in the skin. Its primarily made in the follicle.

Type 2 is also made in the prostate tissues, and this accounts for the lion’s share of your circulating DHT. However, since most DHT is bound by globulin (the sex-hormone binding globulin), very little of it gets to be bio-active. Less than 1 percent of your circulating DHT is not “bound” if you have a normal endrocrinological profile.

Im glad youre having success with high dose saw palmetto. I have always thought that if one took enough saw palmetto (over 500 mgs a day, in divided doses in the AM and PM), they would probably inhibit some DHT because the palmitic and other fatty acids in saw palmetto DO appear in their “free” form, which will indeed inhibit DHT in a test tube. There are also some sterols that might block a percentage of androgen receptor sites with Saw Palmetto if you get a good high-quality extract from a reputable company.

The “enemy territory” reasoning however, is flawed. Its something that goes on inside the follicles themselves that makes them respond so badly to DHT, that they elicit an immune response and the immune response ages the scalp later. It very well might be one of the TGF-beta’s as some have suggested.

Ah yes,don’t you just love a doctor who takes the time to answer a balding losers question ?
Would any of you other “experts” like to answer my question regarding what type of scarring is left behind by bht ?

It is very
» common. I am surprised that you didn’t know this being the great hairtech
» that you are?!
»
» Also, when you have BHT, if you haven’t figured this out yet, the donor
» will likely experience the same do to the many hair fragments. When I had
» BHT taken from my back by someone other than Dr. Umar, I had a shitte load
» of pimples but was left permanently scarred with many little “white dots”.

Hey man that freaking sucks that you got scarred. I am not trying to knock you. I apologize for that and I thank you for the “great hairtech comment”. That sounded cool just because I guess you know who I am… not that I’m great… nevermind. The white dots were not from fragments though. The white dots are from the scar tissue that filled the void after the extraction. Pimples more than likely were from either fragments, but most likely from transections. New hairs trying to get out but were stopped from the skin healing over the transection. The one patient that I was referring to was unfortunately seriously scarred by one doc and not scarred by another on multiple surgeries of BHT. I have never seen anything like that from anyone… was probably a fluke incident. But it is important to point out that there is a learning curve of BHT extractioning. and from my end, if you don’t think, use of proper magnification, and “know” the anatomy of BHT’s on all different parts of the body, then transections, and other issues like the excessive pimples, do occur. As a tech, I understand the importance of where the BHT is coming from. And Dr. Woods points out things that I myself have observed but have kept internally. This thread brought to light things that Woods really understands that I also understand. So since I am on a rant, I will list some things I notice.

1. As soon as a patient walks into the room, I can tell you with confidence, if that person is a good candidate. No I am not a physician, but based on experience, and follow-ups, I can look at you and say yea or nay. However exceptions do apply.

2. BHT cycles are important. Sometimes you catch a patient where the anagen to telogen ratio is off. We ran across a 90% telogen/10% anagen ratio. And the the same patient came back a couple of years later and there was a shift in the ratio. So catching patients in the right phase is sometimes tricky. In my opinion, if the patient has too many telogens, turn them away, and don’t exctract them. N o one knows if they will grow, and those who claim that telogens always cycle back when transplanted, are stating so from one or two observations. Or maybe I’m wrong.

3. I don’t care what anyone says… CHEST HAIR is, on a whole, significantly better than other regions in terms of it is easily extracted, grafts are seemingly resilliant to damage by pulling forces. And especially from hairy sons of bitches have growth rates significantly better on average. Leg is easy to extract, but sometimes are easily destroyed upon exctracting, and sometimes they have resilliance to pulling forces. However, results are all over the place. I’d choose this second or third. Arm pit is always difficult to extract period. But is very resilliant to graft destruction by pulling forces. In other words for some reason arm pit hair can take more force by pulling if it was not punched deep enough and is by far the toughest hairs from its ability to take great pulling force. However, one should not pull hard on any graft right? These are just my observations for the past few years. Pubic hair is somewhat difficult to extract, is also resilliant to damage by force, and growth rates are sketchy. Back hairs are all just plain sketchy. Sometimes they follow chest hair characteristics, and sometimes they follow leg hairs.

4. Technique, technique, technique… My God… I know three doctors that do BHT on a daily basis… and from the same clinic. And I can tell you that one of them, can punch all anagen grafts, from an area and using magnification along with visually knowing what to look for in the graft to distinguish the anagen from the telogen and will leave the telogen. The second doctor, punches everything but is good at getting the dermal papilla(of telogens) which is important and difficult to accertain visually… mainly because it is very clear in its color. The third doctor punches everything but does not punch as deep which makes extractions difficult and increases transectiuons.

5. No one has any technique that will guarantee anyone from scars or pimples.
    One can minimize its risk but that is about it. Obviously, color of skin can play a role, but sometimes not.

6. BHT can take one characteristics of its placement. But results are sketchy due to the above.

7. What you see is what you get! Seriously!

» Hey man that freaking sucks that you got scarred. I am not trying to
» knock you. I apologize for that and I thank you for the “great hairtech
» comment”. That sounded cool just because I guess you know who I am… not
» that I’m great… nevermind. The white dots were not from fragments though.
» The white dots are from the scar tissue that filled the void after the
» extraction. Pimples more than likely were from either fragments, but most
» likely from transections. New hairs trying to get out but were stopped
» from the skin healing over the transection.
But it is
» important to point out that there is a learning curve of BHT extractioning.
» and from my end, if you don’t think, use of proper magnification,
and
» “know” the anatomy of BHT’s on all different parts of the body, then
» transections, and other issues like the excessive pimples, do occur. As a
» tech, I understand the importance of where the BHT is coming from. And Dr.
» Woods points out things that I myself have observed but have kept
» internally. This thread brought to light things that Woods really
» understands that I also understand. So since I am on a rant, I will list
» some things I notice.
»
» 1. As soon as a patient walks into the room, I can tell you with
» confidence, if that person is a good candidate. No I am not a physician,
» but based on experience, and follow-ups, I can look at you and say yea or
» nay. However exceptions do apply.
»
» 2. BHT cycles are important. Sometimes you catch a patient where the
» anagen to telogen ratio is off. We ran across a 90% telogen/10% anagen
» ratio. And the the same patient came back a couple of years later and
» there was a shift in the ratio. So catching patients in the right phase
» is sometimes tricky. In my opinion, if the patient has too many telogens,
» turn them away, and don’t exctract them. N o one knows if they will grow,
» and those who claim that telogens always cycle back when transplanted, are
» stating so from one or two observations. Or maybe I’m wrong.
»
» 2. I don’t care what anyone says… CHEST HAIR is, on a whole,
» significantly better than other regions in terms of it is easily
» extracted, grafts are seemingly resilliant to damage by pulling forces.
»
» punched deep enough and is by far the toughest hairs from its ability to
» take great pulling force. However, one should not pull hard on any graft
» right? These are just my observations for the past few years. Pubic hair
» is somewhat difficult to extract, is also resilliant to damage by force,
» and growth rates are sketchy. Back hairs are all just plain sketchy.
» Sometimes they follow chest hair characteristics, and sometimes they
» follow leg hairs.
»
» 3. Technique, technique, technique… My God… I know three doctors that
» do BHT on a daily basis… and from the same clinic. And I can tell you
» that one of them, can punch all anagen grafts, from an area and using
» magnification along with visually knowing what to look for in the graft to
» distinguish the anagen from the telogen and will leave the telogen. The
» second doctor, punches everything but is good at getting the dermal
» papilla(of telogens) which is important and difficult to accertain
» visually… mainly because it is very clear in its color. The third
» doctor punches everything but does not punch as deep which makes
» extractions difficult and increases transectiuons.
»
» 4. No one has any technique that will guarantee anyone from scars or
» pimples.
» One can minimize its risk but that is about it. Obviously, color of skin
» can play a role, but sometimes not.
»
» 5. BHT can take one characteristics of its placement. But results are
» sketchy due to the above.
»
» 6. What you see is what you get! Seriously!

OK- hairtech for the most part I agree with you- but I am not worried about the pimples- they go away. My point is the “white dot” scarring which has nothing to do with transection but rather using punches that are too friggin big! Now if a clinic chooses to use larger punches to lessen the transection rate, then why did I also get a ton of pimples when this procedure was done on my back by this previous clinic?

Not that it bothers me having them on my back where I can’t see them but I sure as hell didn’t want them all over my chest! This was my main concern and I was told that the chest was the most prone area to this type of hypopigmentation or whatever. Well guess what? I didn’t get any of these so called “white dot” scars on my chest from Dr. Umar. Could you have guaranteed that I would not have gotten any from your clinic? And before you’re quick to reply, you may not have known where I received my prior surgery- it just may have been at your clinic.

»
» Not that it bothers me having them on my back where I can’t see them but I
» sure as hell didn’t want them all over my chest! This was my main concern
» and I was told that the chest was the most prone area to this type of
» hypopigmentation or whatever. Well guess what? I didn’t get any of these
» so called “white dot” scars on my chest from Dr. Umar. Could you have
» guaranteed that I would not have gotten any from your clinic? And before
» you’re quick to reply, you may not have known where I received my prior
» surgery- it just may have been at your clinic.

To answer your question if it addressed to me. No one can guarantee that scarring will not occur. Not even Umar.

»
» If you are basing your observations on the activities of your own clinic
» then please don’t bother adressing me with them as I regard them as
» irrelevant and negligable.
»

Dr. Woods,
I do not understand why you are not answering this simple question.
Of course, every doctor and clinic bases their conclusions on their own experience.
However, there are certain basics that will hold true regardless.

I for one will be interested to know what your answer is to the question posed by Dr. Sangay?
What have you observed in your patients?

Do the difference in the hair cycles (scalp v/s body) not effect the transplant result 6 months later? 1 year later? 2 years later?

Or, do the transplanted body hair, lets say chest hair, take on scalp hair cycles?

Your answer to this question will be very helpful to all patients too.

» Do the difference in the hair cycles (scalp v/s body) not effect the
» transplant result 6 months later? 1 year later? 2 years later?
»
» Or, do the transplanted body hair, lets say chest hair, take on scalp hair
» cycles?
»
» Your answer to this question will be very helpful to all patients too.

I know you asked Dr. Woods this question, but it is my understanding from two physicians that perform Body hair Transplants on a regular basis, that body hair seems to lag at behind scalp by as much as a 1.5-2 years. Of course there are exceptions because rapid growth has been seen in a few cases. However, I can give you something I witnessed on follow-up of a large session of BHT and a scalp hair on the last day the patient was there. After a year or so passed, the patient came back and low and behold, at least in this case, the BHT’s, while they were definitely growing, had not yet taken the characteristics of the scalp area (per the physician) and the scalp hairs shot out like a weed, which was expected.