What\'s with all the hysteria lately?

I know I had sworn off this place a while ago, but I checked in today and I was shocked by what appeared to be mass hysteria that had hit this forum. This seems to have taken two forms:

1. Acell/Pixie Dust/Similar Product

What has EVER been reported or hypothesized by legitimate sources (i.e. those in the research community or - better yet - those actually employed by the respective companies) that Acell has ANY application for hairloss? I don’t understand why so many have placed so much hope in what appears to be pure conjecture largely generated by posters on this forum

1. Follica-like experimentation

Are you people crazy? You’re going to try out a totally untested protocol on yourselves without supervision and without having complete access to the protocol’s proprietary technologies? You’re either wasting your time or your asking for serious, serious complications.

I know there are some very desperate folks out there, and I feel your pain (or rather, I will shortly when what is now a cosmetically passible head of hair becomes something obviously thin). But you’ve become fixated on what is essentially imaginary information. All relevant developments have been discussed, with each detail parced and dissected to death. Having nothing else to talk about, some of you have begun manufacturing your own conjectures and presenting them as promising developments. It does a great disservice to the forum, and in particular, you’re giving false hope to those in need.

» I know I had sworn off this place a while ago, but I checked in today and I
» was shocked by what appeared to be mass hysteria that had hit this forum.

Nobody is making you read hairsite. You can leave anytime. Who cares about what you find objectionable. The men here have a right to discuss follica, ACELL, ICX, Neosil, Aderans, Indian Clinics, Phoenixbio, Body hair and any other “outside” technology that they desire.

If you find the fourm to be hysterical…read Hairlossbelp or hairlossbalk or regrowth or pairlossadvances

he said it very well.

he is right on both counts.

So what are you saying? Effort is overrated? If we left the world in your capable hands… well… nothing would get done.

Seriously, you should start your own message board with baldbaby. This would (1) give you a place complain about us, and (2) give us a break from your complaints.

Allot of the people self-experimenting are smarter than you think. Give them some credit, and give us a damn break.

We will discuss Follica, ACELL, Indian Clinics researching HM, Aderans, Tissue scaffolds, Intercytex, Phoenixbio, Shishedo, Neosil, Indian Clinics resaerching HM, Elaine Fuchs, Colin Jahoda or anything else we want.

You dont have to contribute to, post, read, or even look at these threads.

Start your own threads…and dont be pissed if nobody is interested in them

There’s nothing else to say about the current state of hairloss. Either Follica works, or it doesn’t. There is no indication -ZERO- that Acell has anything to do with hair regeneration. Spending your days going through patents, having heated debates based on uninformed, partially informed, or simply dillusional opinions won’t change your life one bit.

Lets be honest. Its all about women, right? You’re all desperate to get a date, and you think your hairloss is preventing it. Maybe it is to a degree, but the truth is, if you spent half the time you do discussing this topic with other shut-ins as you did working on your body and - more importantly - your career (making real money), you’d have no trouble getting women.

Move on and leave the science to the scientists. If something new comes along, great, come back here and talk about it. But until then, get out there and work on the things you actually have some influence over, not obessing on the things you don’t.

» There’s nothing else to say about the current state of hairloss. Either
» Follica works, or it doesn’t. There is no indication -ZERO- that Acell has
» anything to do with hair regeneration. Spending your days going through
» patents, having heated debates based on uninformed, partially informed, or
» simply dillusional opinions won’t change your life one bit.
»
» Lets be honest. Its all about women, right? You’re all desperate to get
» a date, and you think your hairloss is preventing it. Maybe it is to a
» degree, but the truth is, if you spent half the time you do discussing this
» topic with other shut-ins as you did working on your body and - more
» importantly - your career (making real money), you’d have no trouble
» getting women.
»
» Move on and leave the science to the scientists. If something new comes
» along, great, come back here and talk about it. But until then, get out
» there and work on the things you actually have some influence over, not
» obessing on the things you don’t.

TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE, YOU DONT HAVE TO COME TO HAIRSITE. HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT WE DO WITH OUR LIVES OR THE PEOPLE IN THEM???Good Grief. I have a girlfirend and am built like a brick house for cyring out loud. I also have recessed temples, and I’d like to do something about it that is not a hair transplant.

Leave hairsite if you think the site is just a big waste of time

»
» TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE, YOU DONT HAVE TO COME TO HAIRSITE.
» HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT WE DO WITH OUR LIVES OR THE PEOPLE IN THEM???Good
» Grief. I have a girlfirend and am built like a brick house for cyring out
» loud. I also have recessed temples, and I’d like to do something about it
» that is not a hair transplant.
»
» Leave hairsite if you think the site is just a big waste of
» time

You’re right, and I won’t be posting it after today. But I must say that I don’t think you’re built “like a brick house”, nor that you have a girlfriend. If either of those things were true, why would you be here? You’d be too busy living your life. And that’s what I suggest you really do start doing, along with most of the others here.

» But I must say that
» I don’t think you’re built “like a brick house”, nor that you have a
» girlfriend.

no pics ?

Guys,ignore these hostile posts.I want sceptics to come here & post their opinions so we can have balanced discussions but guys who come here to start fights should be ignored.
NOBODY RESPOND TO THESE TYPES OF POSTS

» You’re right, and I won’t be posting it after today. But I must say that
» I don’t think you’re built “like a brick house”, nor that you have a
» girlfriend. If either of those things were true, why would you be here?
» You’d be too busy living your life. And that’s what I suggest you really
» do start doing, along with most of the others here.

OMG. I’m sorry we can’t fit your tidy stereotype of a hairloss sufferer.
Each and everyone of us has our own reasons for visiting hairsite.

Personally, I think hairloss is the least of your worries.
You need help man.

We are a bunch of the world’s elite hardcore baldiezzz are’t we ??? :smiley:

» So what are you saying? Effort is overrated? If we left the world in your
» capable hands… well… nothing would get done.
»
» Seriously, you should start your own message board with baldbaby. This
» would (1) give you a place complain about us, and (2) give us a break from
» your complaints.
»
» Allot of the people self-experimenting are smarter than you think. Give
» them some credit, and give us a damn break.
»
»
»
»
»

i tend to go against the grain of the medical community all my life…if you asked the man on the street can u stop your hair from falling out 20 yrs ago or before rogaine propecia etc they would have laughed at you, but even then i was on naturals albeit only vitamins and minerals

i disagree with some of the optomism on this board however, I see how that goes counter to the …open minded attitude we all have to have

i say, what does it hurt to have hope

You are right, benji!

» » You’re right, and I won’t be posting it after today. But I must say
» that
» » I don’t think you’re built “like a brick house”, nor that you have a
» » girlfriend. If either of those things were true, why would you be here?
»
» » You’d be too busy living your life. And that’s what I suggest you
» really
» » do start doing, along with most of the others here.
»
» OMG. I’m sorry we can’t fit your tidy stereotype of a hairloss sufferer.
» Each and everyone of us has our own reasons for visiting hairsite.
»
» Personally, I think hairloss is the least of your worries.
» You need help man.
»
»
Said the man who posts on this board many times a day, including weekends.

I’m not trying to be harsh, and I do sympathize with you lot. I was very lucky. I started loosing my hair at 20, and 10 years on, I still have a cosmetically full head of hair thanks to Finasteride, Rogaine, and Nizoral. I don’t have to think about transplants, and I don’t need to get my hopes up everytime some new, obscure company comes out and claims they’re going to cure baldness. And while I can only imagine what it must be like to be truly bald, there seems to have developed a small, hardcore group of posters on this board who are suffering from some amount of psychosis. I think for those few, regular appointments with a therapist would do them a lot more good than posting on this board around the clock.

A real cure is about 10-20 years out. What are you going to be doing over those two decades - spend them here with the other shut ins? Or are you going to work on the things in your life that actually will make a difference in your happiness?

I’ll leave you now to continue to obsess over the most insignificant details of vague patents, devining what you can from obscure, intermittent press releases, and smearing all manner of strange concoctions on your heads. Good luck scrapping your heads with sand paper and applying veterinary-grade chemicals to your head.

I’m not trying to be harsh, and I do sympathize with you lot. I was very lucky. I started loosing my hair at 20, and 10 years on, I still have a cosmetically full head of hair thanks to Finasteride, Rogaine, and Nizoral. I don’t have to think about transplants, and I don’t need to get my hopes up everytime some new, obscure company comes out and claims they’re going to cure baldness. And while I can only imagine what it must be like to be truly bald, there seems to have developed a small, hardcore group of posters on this board who are suffering from some amount of psychosis. I think for those few, regular appointments with a therapist would do them a lot more good than posting on this board around the clock.

A real cure is about 10-20 years out. What are you going to be doing over those two decades - spend them here with the other shut ins? Or are you going to work on the things in your life that actually will make a difference in your happiness?

I’ll leave you now to continue to obsess over the most insignificant details of vague patents, devining what you can from obscure, intermittent press releases, and smearing all manner of strange concoctions on your heads. Good luck scrapping your heads with sand paper and applying veterinary-grade chemicals to your head.

» I’m not trying to be harsh, and I do sympathize with you lot. I was very
» lucky. I started loosing my hair at 20, and 10 years on, I still have a
» cosmetically full head of hair thanks to Finasteride, Rogaine, and Nizoral.
» I don’t have to think about transplants, and I don’t need to get my hopes
» up everytime some new, obscure company comes out and claims they’re going
» to cure baldness. And while I can only imagine what it must be like to be
» truly bald, there seems to have developed a small, hardcore group of
» posters on this board who are suffering from some amount of psychosis. I
» think for those few, regular appointments with a therapist would do them a
» lot more good than posting on this board around the clock.
»
» A real cure is about 10-20 years out. What are you going to be doing over
» those two decades - spend them here with the other shut ins? Or are you
» going to work on the things in your life that actually will make a
» difference in your happiness?
»
» I’ll leave you now to continue to obsess over the most insignificant
» details of vague patents, devining what you can from obscure, intermittent
» press releases, and smearing all manner of strange concoctions on your
» heads. Good luck scrapping your heads with sand paper and applying
» veterinary-grade chemicals to your head.

i only wish i had my current regimen when i was twenty i would have saved my hair, as it is i have a big bald spot on the crown but years and years have adjusted me to this, although i am not thrilled with it, i dont cry about it either

i think losing my hair tended to knock me off my perch a bit, and humble me, not a bad thing all in all…sure makes you take a few steps back…

i actually still look 20 yrs younger than my age which is mostly no smoking drinking suntanning etc, but that tells you that my hair loss is not that bad either because not many bald guys look 20 yrs younger, my front is still great the hair line and top front just the crown i could use some more there

this board is full of optumists, I see your point some are to the point of , in our opinion very irrational, but losing your hair you dont think rationally it is a very emotional issue

the worst thing that can happen is none of this will pan out the HM and the guys will say oh well on to the rest of my life

but i have long ago given up on trying to tell people they are too optimistic
let people hope…even though it probably is not going to pan out

fckhrls,

For every person like you who is calling us experimenters & discussers “desperate” and “crazy,” I guarantee you that there is another guy somewhere out there saying the same thing about YOU:

"You’ve already paid enough attention to this problem to pay money to take hormone altering drugs with no long-term safety knowledge. Hell, you’ve paid any attention to hair loss treatments at all. You’ve spent 10 years of daily regimens on something as little as HAIR, for crying out loud! Are you a MAN or not? You sound pretty desperate!

And you even check up on HAIR RESEARCH!?!! Are you that desperate? Can’t you get laid? As if you want to be among the first ones to try some new untested crap on your head? Christ, get a grip and wait for it to actually get invented in the first place. Wait a few years for the guinea pigs to try it out for a while, and then think about it once it’s available at your corner store affordably. You know how often they recall drugs in the first few years for unforeseen problems, so get smart and just wait a while. Let those other losers take the risk and get it done in the first couple of years that it’s being sold.

Okay, really. Level with me. You must not be able to get laid at all and you’ve got no self-esteem, is that it?"

It’s all relative, bud.

Your idea of crazy & desperate is our idea of normal. And your idea of normal is some other guy’s idea of crazy & desperate, I guarantee it.

Said the man who posts on this board many times a day, including weekends.
You got me there. Wait a second… you’re a guy with “cosmetically acceptable hair” on a hairloss site… posting on the weekend. I don’t see anything wrong here whatsoever.

I still have a cosmetically full head of hair thanks to Finasteride, Rogaine, and Nizoral. And while I can only imagine what it must be like to be truly bald, there seems to have developed a small, hardcore group of posters on this board who are suffering from some amount of psychosis. I think for those few, regular appointments with a therapist would do them a lot more good than posting on this board around the clock.
You should practice what you preach because I don’t understand where your head’s at. You’re picking on people on a research forum discussing … wait for it…RESEARCH. Anyways I’m done with you. I’m not going to spend my weekend - as you so eloquently put it - arguing with guy looking for attention.

i say, what does it hurt to have hope
I don’t consider myself over-optimistic. I’m trying my best to be open-minded.

I respect people’s right to be skeptical; afterall, we’re talking about the hair industry,
but that doesn’t give them the right to bludgeon new concepts to death either.

Chronic pessimism, and blind allegiance won’t get us anywhere.
We won’t know if acell has any value to us until somebody actually tries it.
I have my doubts, but I’m staying quite until I have more details.