What\'s with all the hysteria lately?

I do kind of agree with some of what fckris is saying, and I think in general he is only trying to help.

While I don’t see how implying that he is the only “normal” and “non-psychotic” person to ever visit this site is constructive, I do think some of the speculation that does go on in this forum is sometimes a bit discouraging.

Then again, he’ll have to deal with it or leave, cause people are entitled to say what they want.

I think many on this forum probably still have a decent amount of hair, as people who go completely bald tend to eventually accept it, while those who are still losing their hair are the ones who are most upset. I for one, just like fckris, or however the fck you spell it, have no loss of hair detectable to anyone other then myself, but I come to this forum, not with crazy delusional hopes, but just with my fingers crossed.

Hair loss sufferers, depending on who they are will go through zero to extreme depression because of the hairs they see falling out every day. Personally, I live my life, and although I have suffered no extreme depression, I do sometimes feel a little down at the thought that I may be bald in 5-20 years. Coming to this site a few times a week sometimes makes me feel better, because I see that sometime in my life, there may be a cure/treatment for hair loss that works for everyone.

I respect the optimists, who can give people hope, however pessimists are just as important, because they put things in perspective and make us realize that that while someday there may be hope for us, there may be no magic cure.

If you want to be cheered up by optimists and are angry at those who are more pessimistic, than go watch X-men and pray that you develop a superpower that makes you regrow your hair (this site would be very stupid if it was a bunch of dudes saying “Holy sh*t, I’m so excited, I can probably get all my hair back withing the next year!”). At the same time, it is unreasonable and unwarranted to say that every new development is a new “false hope”.

This is my speculation, whatever happens happens. For me, looking at the progress made towards dealing with hair lose in the past 10 years, I think the outlook is good. But then again, what the fck do I know, none of the people who regularly post on this forum are leaders in the field of hairloss, so they don’t know what will happen, so why do people expect everything that is said here to be factual…Let people say what they want, come to this forum for whatever reasons they want, and go to therapy if they want (unfortunately, I do not believe that fckris is a psychologist, and although he is the only of us here that is not “psychotic and delusional”:-P, he does not know any of us personally and I think that giving us advice about getting psychiatric treatment is a mistake.

» »
» » TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE, YOU DONT HAVE TO COME TO
» HAIRSITE.
» » HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT WE DO WITH OUR LIVES OR THE PEOPLE IN
» THEM???Good
» » Grief. I have a girlfirend and am built like a brick house for cyring
» out
» » loud. I also have recessed temples, and I’d like to do something about
» it
» » that is not a hair transplant.
» »
» » Leave hairsite if you think the site is just a big waste of
» » time

»
» You’re right, and I won’t be posting it after today. But I must say that
» I don’t think you’re built “like a brick house”, nor that you have a
» girlfriend. If either of those things were true, why would you be here?
» You’d be too busy living your life. And that’s what I suggest you really
» do start doing, along with most of the others here.

What the hell, you’re here aren’t you?

May I suggest that any future comment about how-we-deal or how-we-should-deal with hairloss is moved to the Support & General Discussion forum?

As many people here I am interested in the excellent posts by Benji Debris Cal etc. (to name but a few), not by being patronised about how I should consider any piece of information. I am a grown man, able to read between lines.

By the way not all guys want their hair back for women as the main reason (e.g. I am married and faithful, and it seems to be the case for others on this forum).