We could probably recover a pleasing amount of hair quickly

hey roger,

so far I am really happy with the results. I will upload pictures shortly.

I chose HDC due to the consistency in their results. Reading dozens of patient reviews, I was unable to find any negative feedback and their patient gallery shows some excellent results. In my opinion there aren’t really any good HT docs in Germany.

Anyway I cannot say that I regret my decision at all. In fact I have almost stopped thinking about my hair loss. I still need to fill in the crown area to be entirely happy.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]
Hairman2, I saw your photos from the HT in Cyprus (immediately post-op) and the work looked pretty professional. Just curious to know if the final results turned out well. Also, I assume you had the work in Cyprus because the price was better than in Germany but the reputation of the doctors just as good?

Anyway, good luck with it and I hope it ends up looking fine.

Regarding Jarjar, he wasn’t talking about AAPE last year. This is something new.[/quote]

Looking again at the pics I noticed that they haven’t chosen people with advanced baldness but just “mild” cases.

Why not trying with a bald guy? Maybe they thought it wouldn’t work for that case. Who knows.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by bugler[/postedby]
Looking again at the pics I noticed that they haven’t chosen people with advanced baldness but just “mild” cases.

Why not trying with a bald guy? Maybe they thought it wouldn’t work for that case. Who knows.[/quote]

I’m not stopping anyone from trying it on a guy who is severely bald. The thing is that what I would like to see is for Dr. Nigam to do a quick trial with it and if it works out then open a clinic in The Bahamas. He could do a quick 6 - 9 month trial with maybe 10 - 20 patients and some of them could have modest hair loss, some have medium hair loss, and some have severe hair loss. I think the study protocol should be AAPE injected throughout the scalp every 7 to 10 days for the first 2 to 3 months, and then after those first 2 to 3 months do injections throughout the scalp once every 2 months for maintenance for some patients, every 4 months for some other patients, and every 5 or 6 months for other patients. I think this will tell us if it works and give us maintenance ideas.

Agree. It needs more extensive testing on patients with a variety of hair loss profiles. There is no doubt that AAPE has promise.

I should add that for the tests to have maximum informative value, patients should not be on any other medication for hair loss while receiving and evaluating the AAPE treatments. That means, no minoxidil, no anti-androgens, no PRP treatments, no HT or HM obscuring the results of the AAPE. This is the only way we can definitively determine how well AAPE works.

One issue with Dr. Nigam and many other doctors, which I mentioned before, is that they test out multiple therapies simultaneously on patients. The problem with that approach is that the separate benefit of each therapy can’t be accurately measured.

Could this protocol be done at home for someone with some lab experience?

Could this protocol be done at home for someone with some lab experience?[/quote]

Somehow they would have to legally obtain this extract, which would be hard for a non-physician. Since this stuff isn’t approved in the US, it would be impossible for a physician here to prescribe it, even off-label, to a patient. Assuming a physician did prescribe it, no pharmacy would have it to dispense. The only way, I think, would be to purchase it on the internet from overseas (like people do with Indo and other drugs), but even then, there would be major issues with preserving it in active form, because I believe most of its components are somewhat labile and denature quickly.

I would think synthesizing this stuff at home would be damn near impossible for 99.9% of people. First you’d have to extract your fat cells, then extract a culture of adipose stem cells from that, then extract the ingredients, I believe under hypoxic or anoxic conditions. This would be hard for even an average university biochemistry or cell biology lab to do. You’d need a hospital or medical school cytology lab, I think.

Agreed. This is way beyond amateur DIY stuff. Even for an amateur willing to spend several thousand bucks on it.

We’re talking outpatient procedures, specialized equipment & handling procedures, etc.

Yea but as clinics go it would be very inexpensive compared to other clinics. The bulk of AAPE therapy is injections. There would be some equipment and tools but not a lot. Crowd-funding would make it doable. It wouldn’t require a million dollars or anything like that.

Why not trying with a bald guy? Maybe they thought it wouldn’t work for that case. Who knows.

[postedby]Originally Posted by jarjarbinx[/postedby]

I’m not stopping anyone from trying it on a guy who is severely bald. The thing is that what I would like to see is for Dr. Nigam to do a quick trial with it and if it works out then open a clinic in The Bahamas. He could do a quick 6 - 9 month trial with maybe 10 - 20 patients and some of them could have modest hair loss, some have medium hair loss, and some have severe hair loss. I think the study protocol should be AAPE injected throughout the scalp every 7 to 10 days for the first 2 to 3 months, and then after those first 2 to 3 months do injections throughout the scalp once every 2 months for maintenance for some patients, every 4 months for some other patients, and every 5 or 6 months for other patients. I think this will tell us if it works and give us maintenance ideas.[/quote]

does it have to be Nigam? he has lost all his credibility with the forum already, i would have more faith it the trials are done by another doctor. why does it have to be nigam?

I would personally not trust Dr. Nigam either. There are much worse things than just staying bald.

Then it’s your job to find a different doctor that will do it. I’m not even sure Dr. Nigam would agree to do this but at least there’s a chance that he would. He is a maverick who has worked with growth factors before. So I have recommended an experienced doctor that we could try to persuade to do this. He’s the only doctor I know of who’s maverick enough to do it. If you reject my choice of doctor then it is up to you to find another doctor. If you don’t come up with another doctor your choices are these:

1. Accept Dr. Nigam and pray he can be persuaded to do this.

2. Be a severely disfigured bald man and live the life of a disfigured bald man for another 10 years or longer.

As everyone knows, I think that Dr. Nigam has gotten a bad rap.

And no, I can’t think of any other doctor who is maverick enough to do this and has experience with growth factors. Remember, that if you talk with other doctors about doing this most of them will say, “What is AAPE” and “What is growth factors” because other hair doctors have not been experimenting with growth factors like Dr. Nigam has. Right off the bat if we talk with Dr. Nigam about AAPE he is going to have a deep understanding of what we are talking about. He has been experimenting with growth factors for a few years, although the growth factors he has been experimenting with have not been adipose derived.

Anyway, I came up with a doctor - I propose we try to persuade Dr. Nigam to do this. And I can’t think of any other doctor maverick enough to work with growth factors. If you won’t work with Dr. Nigam then it’s your job to come up with a different doctor or else you will have to just accept that you will be bald for the next 10 years or so because it will take 10 years or so for a different breakthrough treatment to come to market.

You basically have two choices:

1. Accept Dr. Nigam and pray he can be persuaded to do this.

2. Come up with a different doctor who will work with growth factors for us.

3. Be a severely disfigured bald man and live a disfigured bald man’s life for another 10 years or longer.

We don’t have a better idea than Nigam. But that doesn’t make him into a good idea.

I don’t like being bald. But I like being bald, broke, and disfigured even less.

You are already disfigured because bald is disfigured. Here is the definition of the word disfigured:

dis·fig·ure
disˈfigyər/Submit
verb
spoil the attractiveness of.

Here is another definition of the word disfigure:

dis·fig·ure (ds-fgyr)
tr.v. dis·fig·ured, dis·fig·ur·ing, dis·fig·ures
To mar or spoil the appearance or shape of; deform.

disfigure
To disfigure something is to ruin its appearance, which is what would happen if you drew a big bushy mustache and a pair of antennae on the Mona Lisa.
Unfortunately, disfigured people are almost always portrayed in the media as villains, or victims. The word does suggest a negative view of someone (after all, it doesn’t just mean changing way something looks but specifically spoiling it). Organizations for disfigured people, however, like Changing Faces in England, have claimed the word as their own and use it proudly.

The word disfigure means to change the way someone or something looks in a negative way. You’re already there. You have already been disfigured. Baldness disfigured you.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by jarjarbinx[/postedby]
You are already disfigured because bald is disfigured. Here is the definition of the word disfigured:

dis·fig·ure
disˈfigyər/Submit
verb
spoil the attractiveness of.

dis·fig·ure (ds-fgyr)
tr.v. dis·fig·ured, dis·fig·ur·ing, dis·fig·ures
To mar or spoil the appearance or shape of; deform.

disfigure
To disfigure something is to ruin its appearance, which is what would happen if you drew a big bushy mustache and a pair of antennae on the Mona Lisa.
Unfortunately, disfigured people are almost always portrayed in the media as villains, or victims. The word does suggest a negative view of someone (after all, it doesn’t just mean changing way something looks but specifically spoiling it). Organizations for disfigured people, however, like Changing Faces in England, have claimed the word as their own and use it proudly.

The word disfigure means to change the way someone or something looks in a negative way. You’re already there. You have already been disfigured. Baldness disfigured you.[/quote]

Go post this in a hair transplant repair forum. See how disfigured they think just being naturally bald is.

Or better yet, don’t. Just stay here and stop pretending that I don’t have a valid point.

You have been cheering Nigam for the last couple of years. Have you risked your own head on him yet? He has offered HM services previously. What will be different this time? He can just as easily lie & recklessly experiment on people with this new idea as with any of the previous ones.

The difference is that HM and AAPE are different. If Dr. Nigam will do it somewhere I can afford to fly to, I will be the first. How’s that sound? AAPE has better potential to give me breakthrough result. HM (which is cell implantation) is not ready for primetime. They still need to overcome some scientific obstacles in connection with HM, but they don’t need to overcome any scientific obstacles with AAPE. AAPE is ready to go. It just needs a place where it can be done, a doctor who will do it, and an office for the doctor to work.

And in fact baldness is a disfigurement.

Looking naturally bald is a disfigurement that a lot of guys with bad strip scars would love to have right now.

Do you really think a guy like Nigam won’t hurt people just because he has been given decent instructions on what to do? Even if he’s not out to intentionally hurt anyone there are plenty of ways to mess up just by cutting corners & being unprofessional about it.

If you went to a HT doc for work, would it even occur to you to worry about getting HT grafts put in upside-down?

It wouldn’t have occurred to me to worry about that. Not until one of Nigam’s patients complained about it.

What else might it not even occur to you to worry about Dr. Nigam messing up?

Cal, remember that story about the upside-down grafts is unconfirmed. Anyone can make accusations like that on the internet.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]
Cal, remember that story about the upside-down grafts is unconfirmed. Anyone can make accusations like that on the internet.[/quote]

You’re the worst. Stop apologizing for Nigam. It was confirmed from the patient themselves. A patient who, by the way, was completely in favor of Nigam before the procedure. So just stop with your ridiculous excuse making.