Very Severe hairloss for past 2 years. What should I do to stop this hairfall? Any inputs please?

Make sure you ask your next derm about alopecia universalis to confirm if you have it or not. Keep us updated. If I do come across something I’ll definitely let you know. For the time being think positive. I know its baseline advice. But its the best thing you got right now.

1 Like

Do you use Accutane or any kind of vitamin A derivative for treating acne ? That is another reason for severe hair loss for well over a year.

1 Like

No. I don’t use anything. Also, I don’t have any acne issues.

Thank you so much. How to diagnose alopecia universalis? Should I go to trichologist?

Don’t listen to AVO, that’s bs, I don’t even think he knows what alopecia universalis means for him to so casually suggest that you are losing your hair because of alopecia universalis. It is possible you are having a very nasty case of telogen effluvium.

Is there any treatment available for telogen effluvium? How to stop that? I am losing so much hair everyday. Is applying minioxdil oil stops telogen effluvium?
Any inputs please anyone?

Just to let you know, NoMeds has been flagged before and will likely be banned for trolling.

Stop trolling and insulting others here. Youre no expert. No one here including myself is. All we’re here to do is offer the best of what we know. I will report you for breaking forum rules.

Be a real man next time.

Reported just now

Losing 60-70 percent of hairs is really a serious concern. If vitamin D3 supplement is not helping to stop your hair loss then there must be other reason for your hair loss. As you said there is no hair loss in your family history then it could be due to high DHT levels. You should check your DHT levels through a dihydrotestosterone blood test. As you have already visited 2 dermatologists so you should visit a trichologist for an expert opinion.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply @sachink2633.
Yes, vitamin D supplements doesn’t improve it either. I keep losing so much hair everyday.
I am planning to go to a trichologist soon. I am using minioxdil oil now and that doesn’t reduce the hairfall.
I will check if I have taken this DHT test already.

Are you also experiencing shedding in other parts of the body like in the legs and eyebrows? If so you may have as I mentioned alopecia universalis. Make sure this is ruled out. Definitely see a trichologist.

Were you exposed to constant xray radiation, meds or anything you suspect may have contributed to this? Got to lay out all possibilities on the table now.

1 Like

No…I am not experiencing hair loss in other parts of the body…only in the head.
Also, no medications, no x-ray radiations.
I moved from India to USA 2 years back. Since then, I am experiencing this. Don’t know what’s the reason. My hair was so good when I was in India.

You are a joke, stop spreading misinformation and I will get off your case. Why did you even suggest that she checks for alopecia universalis when she never once mentioned about losing body hair and eyebrows etc? Money and time wasted if she took your advice and went to a dermatologist for alopecia universalis. You are the one who should be banned for spreading misinformation.

Moron troll you’ve been reported. Youre known as a troll on this and other hair websites. Your negativity is disrupting the thread. Enjoy banned land.

Very strange. Maybe its environmental since you said this started after you moved to cali. I can’t make heads or tails of this. I can say some people are physically affected by environments theyre not used to when they move to a new area for the first time. For example my coworker experienced stuffy nose most of the time when she moved to usa. But nothing as severe as what you’ve described. Or maybe its stress from moving to an unknown land?

See a trichologist for sure. You may have an autoimmune disease where cells attack hair follicles. Did any of the derms you saw mention autoimmune disorders?

Dont give up and keep us posted. Make sure to stay away from negative people. Keep us posted.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply. Really appreciate it.

Yes. They check for autoimmune. They did a test called lupus. ANA test.
The test results were normal. Doctor doesn’t know the reason for this issue.

You need to get a biopsy. Thats done by taking a small piece of your scalp. They study it under a microscope and look for possible autoimmune factors. You need a biopsy done!

1 Like

There is no cure or treatment for telogen effluvium, it is when the vast majority of your follicles are entering the shedding phase. Consider a blessing if you are really losing your hair because of TE because the hair should grow back.

Let s just hope that you are not losing your hair because of female pattern baldness or androgenetic alopecia.

I’m not trolling you, but is it possible somebody is poisoning you?

Hair loss and hair fall problems are very common in every second person in the world and here are many causes of hair loss like change the diet plan, stress, depression, sleeping factors and sometimes any disease effected your hairs. Now its possible to stop hair loss with many treatments. If you want to stop hair loss or hair fall you should need to get PRP (Platelet-rich plasma) treatment to stop hair loss and hair fall.