Trichoscience are they for real?

Interestingly, from an earlier post it seems that Dr. Kevin McElwee, PhD seems to have been a senior scientist at the University of Marburg, Germany for four years up until 2003 (the same year one of the patents was released). The Patent is in German and the trails are to be conducted in Europe. Kevin is also a member of the “European hair Research Society”. Perhaps this is some university spin-off firm or they are receiving some sort of European funding?

It all amounts to one more reason to hope that we finally might be in the last “5-10 years” for real.

Still, the best things we can do for ourselves haven’t changed. We still oughtta be trying to save up some money for HM while also getting on with our lives.

Yep - the good thing about this is that while we pride ourselves on being ahead of the curve when it comes to HM research we are a very Euro-American bunch on a Euro-American site. It seems there are many teams beavering away at this problem all over the world, most of whom we know little about.

I’ve often wondered if there are teams working on this in China or India or other places where they have the resources, the brains and the money but which the hair sites don’t really have access to.

After all, not only would a working HM protocol be a multi-multi-billion dollar industry in itself, but that research would probably have benefits for all manner of diseases and ailments.

It would be worth billions and there are Nobel prizes etc in there, too.

People may complain that we’re still “five years away” which is clearly a b*tch, but I’ve been here since 1999, and we have come so far since 1999 when all there was was Gho working alone in his lab and Jahoda and Fuchs who had made discoveries in the 80s but clearly stated they weren’t interested in, and weren’t looking for, a practical HM treatment.

Even ICX is no bad thing. Their research is flying around out there and being tweaked and built on by any number of other researchers.

We might till be a decade or so away, but we are genuinely getting closer by the day!

Wouldn’t it be easier for one of the board members to call ? They are charging 30k
Or maybe Hairsite could call representing all of the board members /.

another interesting bit from the patent:

The connective tissue cells at the lower pole of the connective tissue sheath, the so called hair cup cells (DSC), may regenerate all relevant structures of the hair follicle unit formed by the dermis. Due to this feature, they enable the formation of new hair growth or the formation of a thicker hair by population of a small DP. In this case, the life span of the newly formed hair is not limited in time, but may be a lifelong one in principle. In contrast, such a lifelong regenerative capacity after implantation of DP cells has not been described. All attempts with DP cells are only transient, whereas genuine stem cells having a lifelong possibility to proliferate are introduced into the skin by the implantation of DSC cells.

<<<<

but they say “may be”, “in principle”… mmmhhhh, it seems that this is very theoric. :expressionless:
And I am not sure if these DSC cells have already been researched… by Gho?

» » also i think they are not going for FDA approval first because they said
» » that the human clinical trials will be performed in Europe.So maybe
» there
» » is a purpose for that…
»
» Maybe. But I think the EMEA trials in Europe will be as rigorous and
» involved as FDA trials, if that is what they are going for. At any rate,
» they are going to have to do large-scale, double-blind placebo controlled
» clinical studies in humans.
»
» » Its good news anyway that we hear from other companies as well.
»
» Yup!

Here’s what is still the bottom line right now:

For $30,000 they could be providing proof of efficacy. Either they have it or they don’t.

It would really be nice if this company actually has something and can bring it to market. I am a bit skeptical.

The company has been incorporated in NV for only 9 months. They say they are just beginning clinical studies, which means at least 10 years.

I am also somewhat skeptical of them having a venture capitalist running the show. It sounds like they have a patent and are using it to raise capital. It doesn’t mean that they will have a viable product in the end, but I’m sure plenty of people there will make lots of money regardless. I hate to be such a pessimist, but this happens day in and day out on Wall Street.

Matthew Wayrynen seems to be more familiar with raising captial for mining operations. Which are known to be highly risky, not that this means anything.

I will still be keeping my fingers crossed.

» Yep - the good thing about this is that while we pride ourselves on being
» ahead of the curve when it comes to HM research we are a very Euro-American
» bunch on a Euro-American site. It seems there are many teams beavering
» away at this problem all over the world, most of whom we know little
» about.
»
» I’ve often wondered if there are teams working on this in China or India
» or other places where they have the resources, the brains and the money but
» which the hair sites don’t really have access to.
»
» After all, not only would a working HM protocol be a multi-multi-billion
» dollar industry in itself, but that research would probably have benefits
» for all manner of diseases and ailments.
»
» It would be worth billions and there are Nobel prizes etc in there, too.
»
» People may complain that we’re still “five years away” which is clearly a
» b*tch, but I’ve been here since 1999, and we have come so far since 1999
» when all there was was Gho working alone in his lab and Jahoda and Fuchs
» who had made discoveries in the 80s but clearly stated they weren’t
» interested in, and weren’t looking for, a practical HM treatment.
»
» Even the failure of ICX is no bad thing. Their research is flying around
» out there and being tweaked and built on by any number of other
» researchers.
»
» We might till be a decade or so away, but we are genuinely getting closer
» by the day!

Good point, research in developing countries such as China and India would be a blessing because you won’t have authorities like FDA to get in the way. FDA can easily add 3-5 years to the time frame.

»
» Good point, research in developing countries such as China and India would
» be a blessing because you won’t have authorities like FDA to get in the
» way. FDA can easily add 3-5 years to the time frame.

The way things are going, it will take just as long in China or India. In fact China has been serverely cracking down on the SFDA their equivalent of the FDA. Several people in high positions have been executed for taking bribes.

Eecution is quite the detterent in making sure the product doesn’t cause harm and has some benefit. I don’t think I would want to be an unethical doctor in China.

» »

Ok, Guys, take it from me and I am serious when I say this. This has nothing to jump through with the FDA. There are no drugs or food involved. FDA does not get involved in such matters so there is no hoops there.

And as for Tricho, I would suggest this is months away not years. That’s right, months. It’s real people so start saving up those bucks cause there is going to be a line up. This guys are legit. No question.

Believe me when I say this. Your point about the FDA is correct I think. It’s a legit group of people. I would suggest that your time frames might be a little off. I believe that it’s months away and not years. Hold on to your hats ladies and gents. It’s the real deal.

This has
» nothing to jump through with the FDA. There are no drugs or food involved.
» FDA does not get involved in such matters so there is no hoops there.

I would think that taking cells from a person, increasing the number outside the body, and then injecting them back into the body, would consitute some type of cell thearpy, which is regualted and needs approval by the FDA.

I hope what you say is true, but please explain how this procedure does not need some type of approval. This is the whole idea behind having human clinical trials.

» » My lord that price is crazy !!!
»
»
» I’d rather spend $30k for something that works (assuming of course it
» does) than $10-15k for a crappy transplant that looks like a 3 year old
» wig.

Amen to that. That’s why I am waiting. I don’t want something that looks like crap. Well said by the way.

» We’ll have to wait and see. I think the trials will be a few months to completion. Then we’ll know more. From what I know, these guys are legit so hang in there and save your pennies.

Here’s what is still the bottom line right now:
»
»
» For $30,000 they could be providing proof of efficacy. Either they have
» it or they don’t.

The FDA might prove to be a tough nut to crack. That has nothing to do with other countries in the world. Can you tell me if this procedure was available in Canada and not in the US and it was proven to be “the cure” how many Americans would pour over the border to have it done. Also, tell me how many Dermatologists would go screaming to the authorities because they are losing serious revenue to Canadian colleagues as they will be able to perform the procedure.

I really think these guys have it. At least I hope so.

» Believe me when I say this. Your point about the FDA is correct I think.
» It’s a legit group of people. I would suggest that your time frames might
» be a little off. I believe that it’s months away and not years. Hold on to
» your hats ladies and gents. It’s the real deal.

Do you think it or do you know it? Do you have some insider-information that we don´t have?

» Ok, Guys, take it from me and I am serious when I say this. This has
» nothing to jump through with the FDA. There are no drugs or food involved.
» FDA does not get involved in such matters so there is no hoops there.
»
» And as for Tricho, I would suggest this is months away not years. That’s
» right, months. It’s real people so start saving up those bucks cause there
» is going to be a line up. This guys are legit. No question.

Sorry, are you a comic ?

Believe me when I say this. Your point about the FDA is correct I think. It’s a legit group of people. I would suggest that your time frames might be a little off. I believe that it’s months away and not years. Hold on to your hats ladies and gents. It’s the real deal.

I’ve been around long enough to have seen these kinds of posts come and go numerous times. And it still rattles my chain every time.

Maybe you think you’re helping but you are not. You are screwing with people’s emotions when you say this kind of wild cryptic stuff.

Please don’t drop these kinds of bombs if you aren’t bringing any real new information to the discussion.

» I’ve been around long enough to have seen these kinds of posts come and go
» numerous times. And it still rattles my chain every time.

I think, Gman is the ‘Nathan’ of Trichoscience.

[Ignore Mode Activated]

» The FDA might prove to be a tough nut to crack. That has nothing to do with
» other countries in the world. Can you tell me if this procedure was
» available in Canada and not in the US and it was proven to be “the cure”
» how many Americans would pour over the border to have it done. Also, tell
» me how many Dermatologists would go screaming to the authorities because
» they are losing serious revenue to Canadian colleagues as they will be able
» to perform the procedure.
»
» I really think these guys hve it. At least I hope so.

theres no reason to beleive these guys have more than any other company working on the topic… pls stop hyping this company before they have even released any reports whatsoever… in this industry one should always be sceptical and not driven by hopes and emotions…