Trichoscience are they for real?

» So does your mom
Kiss me where the sun don’t shine Bobby

for what its worth… competition is good… let’s hope this will increase the pressure in this seemingly endless race for a “cure”…

the team definitly looks legit to me.

Dr. Kevin McElwee, PhD

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/kevin-mcelwee/12/4b2/44

I’ve already heard this name a few years ago, but i don’t remember where. Anyone ?

as for timelines…well, five years away i guess ? :frowning:

Ok i will summarize the good and the bad that i see

The Bad

1.very vad website looks cheap and minimal (but we have seen amazing websites of snake oils and crap on the other hand)

2.They just started human trials(but from their tone i dont think they are going for direct FDA approval, they say they are in contact with various authorities so i smell approval elsewhere first and marketing of their product)

3.We ve seen this sh*t before again and again

4.no full FDA aproval means we are not sure that this thing works

The good

1.the whole website has a feeling of looking for loval partners to release it all around the world!!!

2.Its the first price we have ever heard about the product

3.It speaks of full head of hair with one or two procedures

4.It sounds like a very minimally invasive procedure

5.They communicate with us through hair forums

6.There is alegitimate crew behind

From all the vibes, TV and newspaper articles, so many players i dont know but it sounds to me as if it is just a matter of time and who is gonna do it first!!!On the other hand how good will it work nobody knows…who is ready to spend 30000 dollars first?Will he get the results we are all waiting for or we are gonna be dissapointed and the excuses will start from the companies that offer it.

My lord that price is crazy !!!

http://v3.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/biblio?CC=US&NR=2006088505A1&KC=A1&FT=D&date=20060427&DB=EPODOC&locale=en_EP

» My lord that price is crazy !!!

I’d rather spend $30k for something that works (assuming of course it does) than $10-15k for a crappy transplant that looks like a 3 year old wig.

» 1.very vad website looks cheap and minimal (but we have seen amazing
» websites of snake oils and crap on the other hand)

i think their website is cool : no fancy stuff nobody cares about, direct answers and clear statements (+ minimal techno rules =). It just sounds like what it is : not yet a commercial site, product still being “researched”.

» 2.They just started human trials(but from their tone i dont think they are
» going for direct FDA approval,

what makes you say so ? From my point of view they just passed the preclinical stages and will now proceed with clinical test (probably phase I,II, and possibly III like intercytex tryed to do)

Kevin McElwee== Keratin.com

Loads of information about hair. A legit site.
Kevin has been referred several times by James Bond here at Hairsite.
It seems Mc Elwee is a trustworthy man (fingers crossed).

» the team definitly looks legit to me.
»
»
»
» Dr. Kevin McElwee, PhD
»
» http://www.linkedin.com/pub/kevin-mcelwee/12/4b2/44
»
» I’ve already heard this name a few years ago, but i don’t remember where.
» Anyone ?
»
»
» as for timelines…well, five years away i guess ? :frowning:

well, the site has lots of info about hair biology, but the forum is a total disaster. The news section is full of spam, and no word of Trichoscience.
About the forum participants, it seems the forum is full of “all natural” freakies.

» Kevin McElwee== Keratin.com
»
» Loads of information about hair. A legit site.
» Kevin has been referred several times by James Bond here at Hairsite.
» It seems Mc Elwee is a trustworthy man (fingers crossed).
»
»
» » the team definitly looks legit to me.
» »
» »
» »
» » Dr. Kevin McElwee, PhD
» »
» » http://www.linkedin.com/pub/kevin-mcelwee/12/4b2/44
» »
» » I’ve already heard this name a few years ago, but i don’t remember
» where.
» » Anyone ?
» »
» »
» » as for timelines…well, five years away i guess ? :frowning:

» Espacenet - Bibliographic data

The present invention relates to a method for isolating hair follicle mesenchymal stem cells and to the use thereof for therapy and prophylaxis as well as for cosmetic treatments.
<<<

I don’t understand.
does it grow hair?

This would e something for Hairsire to get into . Interview

» This would e something for Hairsire to get into . Interview

Well, I am still waiting for Histogen’s , I mean FAQs

I thought you all might find this interesting.
Rolf Hoffman had tied up with a Indian Company called Batra’s Clinic:

This is a Feb 2008 thread. This means that there is some reality in Trichoscience’s claim.

P>S Batra’s are like a Indian version of Bosleys but for cosmetic treatment.

Ok i will summarize the good and the bad that i see
»
» The Bad
»
» 1.very vad website looks cheap and minimal (but we have seen amazing
» websites of snake oils and crap on the other hand)
»
» 2.They just started human trials(but from their tone i dont think they are
» going for direct FDA approval, they say they are in contact with various
» authorities so i smell approval elsewhere first and marketing of their
» product)
»
»
» 3.We ve seen this sh*t before again and again
»
» 4.no full FDA aproval means we are not sure that this thing works
»
»
» The good
»
» 1.the whole website has a feeling of looking for loval partners to release
» it all around the world!!!
»
» 2.Its the first price we have ever heard about the product
»
» 3.It speaks of full head of hair with one or two procedures
»
» 4.It sounds like a very minimally invasive procedure
»
» 5.They communicate with us through hair forums
»
» 6.There is alegitimate crew behind
»
»
» From all the vibes, TV and newspaper articles, so many players i dont know
» but it sounds to me as if it is just a matter of time and who is gonna do
» it first!!!On the other hand how good will it work nobody knows…who is
» ready to spend 30000 dollars first?Will he get the results we are all
» waiting for or we are gonna be dissapointed and the excuses will start from
» the companies that offer it.

» »
»

I found what I suppose is the same patent in german. It is from 2003. It seems they were at least able to grow whiskers in mouse ears, for what it’s worth. The whiskers were allegedly from newly formed follicles.

Maybe someone fluent in german could take alook at it. My german is not too good nowadays.

» » »
» »
» »
»
» I found what I suppose is the same patent in german. It is from 2003. It
» seems they were at least able to grow whiskers in mouse ears, for what it’s
» worth. The whiskers were allegedly from newly formed follicles.
»
» WIPO - Search International and National Patent Collections
»
» Maybe someone fluent in german could take alook at it. My german is not
» too good nowadays.

I don’t understand german. But growing hairs in mice’s ears looks like it has no merit anymore. And these patents are old, 2003 and 2006.

2006 is not outdated ?

here is the transcription in english:

» But growing hairs in mice’s ears looks like it
» has no merit anymore.

While I agree that just about everything seems to grow hair on mice, it is still interesting to see that they managed to grow complete, functioning follicles from cultured and implanted DSC cells, whereas “normal” DP cells grew hair which was neither complete nor survived in the long-run.

Some interesting passages:

The cells according to the invention are able and have the characteristic, respectively, unlike the cells of the follicular connective tissue coating (DS) and the dermal papilla (DP), to form a completely new hair follicle or to migrate into a pre-existing hair papilla in order to produce a bigger and thicker hair therewith.

The connective tissue cells at the lower pole of the connective tissue sheath, the so called hair cup cells (DSC), may regenerate all relevant structures of the hair follicle unit formed by the dermis. Due to this feature, they enable the formation of new hair growth or the formation of a thicker hair by population of a small DP. In this case, the life span of the newly formed hair is not limited in time, but may be a lifelong one in principle.

By means of these experiments preliminary investigations could be confirmed that new hair growth is possible by the implantation of DP cells and that only the implanted cells form the new hair, whereas implanted DS cells did not result in the formation of hair but were visible in the dermis as diffuse, GFP expression cell population when using a confocal microscope. Implanted DP cells only led to the formation of a new dermal hair papilla but not to the formation of a follicular connective tissue coating. In contrast, the DSC cells formed both a new DP and a part of the follicular connective tissue (DS) coating. By the fact that the DSC cells may rebuild all dermal hair structures, whereas cells of the DP are not able to do so, it can be deduced that the DSC are less differentiated and more pluripotent than cells of the DP. For this reason, the DSC cells are the adult mesenchymal stem cells of the hair follicle.

Patents are NOT a reliable source of information, though, and even if it were true, the results don’t automatically translate to humans, needless to say.

From your answers guys i see that noone knew about them.this is very encouraging because i think that we are mistaken about the number of players in the HM race.Who knows what else we will see.

also i think they are not going for FDA approval first because they said that the human clinical trials will be performed in Europe.So maybe there is a purpose for that…

Its good news anyway that we hear from other companies as well. I think we are a bit in the dark no matter we are here talking about this stuff. I wont be suprised if out of nowhere we will have more great news.The science is real thats why so many players are trying to capitalize on it.

Fingers crossed guys

» also i think they are not going for FDA approval first because they said
» that the human clinical trials will be performed in Europe.So maybe there
» is a purpose for that…

Maybe. But I think the EMEA trials in Europe will be as rigorous and involved as FDA trials, if that is what they are going for. At any rate, they are going to have to do large-scale, double-blind placebo controlled clinical studies in humans.

» Its good news anyway that we hear from other companies as well.

Yup!