Top doctors, you doubt Dr. Umar?

By reddyfreddie:

“I am glad so many people recommend dr Umar because frankly there is not 1 picture from him that impresses me. It’s always tons of grafts with very minimal results. I always ask myself why would someone be pleased with that?”

Just one of many successes by Dr. Umar:

http://rbcdsu.blogspot.com/2008_02_17_archive.html

» By reddyfreddie:
»
» “I am glad so many people recommend dr Umar because frankly there is not 1
» picture from him that impresses me. It’s always tons of grafts with very
» minimal results. I always ask myself why would someone be pleased with
» that?”
»
» Just one of many successes by Dr. Umar:
»
» http://rbcdsu.blogspot.com/2008_02_17_archive.html

So what are you trying to say? You think that dr.Umar is not good enough and you are one lucky guy that has good results from him?

Dr. U. has many happy patients that post (and many more that don’t).

IMO, I got great “bang for my buck” from Dr. Umar.
He saved me from a “pluggy” or “stalky” hairline that was really starting to bother me at a very fair price.

No one looks at my hairline anymore and I can style it straight back with great confidence.

If I need (or want) more work, FUE or BHT, I wouldn’t hesitate to see him again.
FYI, he is my third HT doc.

I’m even considering having him put some of my beard hair into my strip scars so I can wear my hair very short again, if I choose to.

Also considering using more BHT to extend my temples a bit more.
After 16 strips, I’m saving all the head-hair I can for any needs in the future.

Of the three docs I’ve had since 1992, he is by far the most talented and personable, IMO.

His repair work alone is very impressive and he has been there personally which, IMO, adds to his compassion and dedication to the field.

Peace.

he has had many successes, he has worked on some of the most difficult cases, where big numbers were warranted, he is skilled, compassionate, and, all at a fair price, he doesnt gouge, which is important because he works on alot of people who have been throught the ringer, i will finish my remaining fue with him.

» » By reddyfreddie:
» »
» » “I am glad so many people recommend dr Umar because frankly there is not
» » picture from him that impresses me. It’s always tons of grafts with
» very
» » minimal results. I always ask myself why would someone be pleased with
» » that?”
» »
» » Just one of many successes by Dr. Umar:
» »
» » http://rbcdsu.blogspot.com/2008_02_17_archive.html
»
»
»
» So what are you trying to say? You think that dr.Umar is not good enough
» and you are one lucky guy that has good results from him?

That is absolutely not at all what I am saying. How did you infer that from my post?

Reddyfreddy stated:

“I am glad so many people recommend dr Umar because frankly there is not
1 picture from him that impresses me. It’s always tons of grafts with very minimal results. I always ask myself why would someone be pleased with that?”

And I posted that my case was just one of many successful cases performed by Dr. Umar, and then I provided a link to my blog which clearly shows my degree of success.

Entiende?

» » » By reddyfreddie:
» » »
» » » “I am glad so many people recommend dr Umar because frankly there is
» not
» » » picture from him that impresses me. It’s always tons of grafts with
» » very
» » » minimal results. I always ask myself why would someone be pleased
» with
» » » that?”
» » »
» » » Just one of many successes by Dr. Umar:
» » »
» » » http://rbcdsu.blogspot.com/2008_02_17_archive.html
» »
» »
» »
» » So what are you trying to say? You think that dr.Umar is not good
» enough
» » and you are one lucky guy that has good results from him?
»
»
» That is absolutely not at all what I am saying. How did you infer that
» from my post?
»
» Reddyfreddy stated:
»
» “I am glad so many people recommend dr Umar because frankly there is not
» 1 picture from him that impresses me. It’s always tons of grafts with
» very minimal results. I always ask myself why would someone be pleased
» with that?”
»
»
» And I posted that my case was just one of many successful cases performed
» by Dr. Umar, and then I provided a link to my blog which clearly shows my
» degree of success.
»
» http://rbcdsu.blogspot.com/2008_02_17_archive.html
»
» Entiende?

ok,i think you are very satisfied with your results so far and i’m happy for you but i want to know how many grafts did you receive,what was the donor area,how many scalp,how many body and WHAT the HELL WAS THE PRICE?

» » » » By reddyfreddie:
» » » »
» » » » “I am glad so many people recommend dr Umar because frankly there
» is
» » not
» » » » picture from him that impresses me. It’s always tons of grafts with
» » » very
» » » » minimal results. I always ask myself why would someone be pleased
» » with
» » » » that?”
» » » »
» » » » Just one of many successes by Dr. Umar:
» » » »
» » » » http://rbcdsu.blogspot.com/2008_02_17_archive.html
» » »
» » »
» » »
» » » So what are you trying to say? You think that dr.Umar is not good
» » enough

The reason i’m asking the price is because on this forum people who had procedure done with dr.Umar are saying that he is the cheaper around 4-5 $,but when i’d called his office i was told that the price is 7$.
» » » and you are one lucky guy that has good results from him?
» »
» »
» » That is absolutely not at all what I am saying. How did you infer that
» » from my post?
» »
» » Reddyfreddy stated:
» »
» » “I am glad so many people recommend dr Umar because frankly there is
» not
» » 1 picture from him that impresses me. It’s always tons of grafts with
» » very minimal results. I always ask myself why would someone be
» pleased
» » with that?”
» »
» »
» » And I posted that my case was just one of many successful cases
» performed
» » by Dr. Umar, and then I provided a link to my blog which clearly shows
» my
» » degree of success.
» »
» » http://rbcdsu.blogspot.com/2008_02_17_archive.html
» »
» » Entiende?
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
» ok,i think you are very satisfied with your results so far and i’m happy
» for you but i want to know how many grafts did you receive,what was the
» donor area,how many scalp,how many body and WHAT the HELL WAS THE PRICE?

From the pictures I’ve seen of repair patients and of NW6,7 restoration procedures using BHT, Dr. Umar has done some excellent work. However, I would still like to see more scalp-hair only dense packed hairline results. The only patient that fits that criteria that has documented his results on this forum that I know of is Hooray for Hair. I think I’ve seen one or two on another forum but they disappeared after a 1/2 year or so. I’m a NW 2.5 maybe heading to 3 who doesn’t have much body hair whatsoever so naturally I want to see more dense-packed hairline reconstruction using only scalp hair. I just want to see if Dr. Umar can produce the same hairline results using scalp hair only as other FUE doctors such as Dr. Feller and Dr. Armani - two of the other docs I’m considering. Dr. Umar has been performing FUE for a while now so he can’t just have all repair patients or BHT-only work to show. The lack of documented dense-packed hairline results using scalp hair makes me hesitate on choosing Dr. Umar for a procedure. I hope to see more in the near future since going to Dr. Umar would be more affordable than Feller and Armani and convenient for me since I live in California.

I would like to see an update of the big 18000 grafts he did a year ago.

posted by feanor, 14.04.2008, 03:53

From the pictures I’ve seen of repair patients and of NW6,7 restoration procedures using BHT, Dr. Umar has done some excellent work. However, I would still like to see more scalp-hair only dense packed hairline results. The only patient that fits that criteria that has documented his results on this forum that I know of is Hooray for Hair. I think I’ve seen one or two on another forum but they disappeared after a 1/2 year or so. I’m a NW 2.5 maybe heading to 3 who doesn’t have much body hair whatsoever so naturally I want to see more dense-packed hairline reconstruction using only scalp hair. I just want to see if Dr. Umar can produce the same hairline results using scalp hair only as other FUE doctors such as Dr. Feller and Dr. Armani - two of the other docs I’m considering. Dr. Umar has been performing FUE for a while now so he can’t just have all repair patients or BHT-only work to show. The lack of documented dense-packed hairline results using scalp hair makes me hesitate on choosing Dr. Umar for a procedure. I hope to see more in the near future since going to Dr. Umar would be more affordable than Feller and Armani and convenient for me since I live in California.

“I just want to see if Dr. Umar can produce the same hairline results using scalp hair only as other FUE doctors such as Dr. Feller and Dr. Armani”

Make sure you see their patients in person. Only then will you get a true representation of the results.

If you can’t see them in person insist on clear, upclose, differing angles, and WET after pictures.

You’ll be hard pressed to see a clinic post photos comparable to the ones I have posted on my blog showing my work done by Dr. Umar.

Do you have to wonder why they won’t posts pictures comparable to mine?

» I would like to see an update of the big 18000 grafts he did a year ago.

So is his current price $7 per graft instead of $5?

From the pictures I’ve seen of repair patients and of NW6,7 restoration procedures using BHT, Dr. Umar has done some excellent work.

Funny how opinons vary, I haven’t seen excellent NW6/7 BHT restoration work by any doctor EVER :slight_smile:

Keepitshorter,
I think Dr. Feller has posted pictures, while maybe not as numerous, is somewhat comparable. And I think the quality of Wassup’s pictures of Dr. Cole’s work exceeds yours but yes you are right I need to see patients in person. But if it’s hard to get some pictures of dense-packed hairline scalp-hair only work out of Dr. Umar’s office, how much harder is it going to be to actually meet patients who had work done that I’m looking for? I just want to see more hairline results from Dr. Umar to see more of what he’s capable of and because I am very interested in going to him, but still need to be convinced.

And Skywalker,
Yah, you are right. If by excellent you mean a NW6 getting a full head of thick hair with BHT like no balding has ever occurred then you are probably right. But from the pics I’ve seen it’s not bad considering all things. Maybe I shouldn’t use words of praise so lightly next time. Regardless, those aren’t the cases that interest me since I’m not a NW 6,7 and I don’t have much body hair to work with.

» “Keepitshorter,
» I think Dr. Feller has posted pictures, while maybe not as numerous,
» is somewhat comparable. And I think the quality of Wassup’s pictures of Dr.
» Cole’s work exceeds yours but yes you are right I need to see patients in
» person. But if it’s hard to get some pictures of dense-packed hairline
» scalp-hair only work out of Dr. Umar’s office, how much harder is it going
» to be to actually meet patients who had work done that I’m looking for? I
» just want to see more hairline results from Dr. Umar to see more of what
» he’s capable of and because I am very interested in going to him, but still
» need to be convinced.”

“And I think the quality of Wassup’s pictures of Dr. Cole’s work exceeds yours”

Can you please post the link to his pictures? Afterwards we can begin a discussion and comparison as to which person has the better most accurate representative pictures of the actual result.

» Can you please post the link to his pictures? Afterwards we can begin a
» discussion and comparison as to which person has the better most accurate
» representative pictures of the actual result.

This is the one that hairsite posts all the time,

» Can you please post the link to his pictures? Afterwards we can begin a
» discussion and comparison as to which person has the better most accurate
» representative pictures of the actual result.

Here’s the link

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-13566.html

Wassup’s photos have to be the best documented results or at the least at the very top on how to take clear, large, consistent photos in natural day light. I think many forum members will agree on this regardless of whether they like FUE or not or whether they like Dr. Cole or not.

» » I would like to see an update of the big 18000 grafts he did a year ago.
»
»
» So is his current price $7 per graft instead of $5?

It has always been $5 for as long as I can remember.

And Skywalker,
Yah, you are right. If by excellent you mean a NW6 getting a full head of thick hair with BHT like no balding has ever occurred then you are probably right. But from the pics I’ve seen it’s not bad considering all things. Maybe I shouldn’t use words of praise so lightly next time.

feanor, I am not deliberately trying to annoy you or anybody else, but I do think that BHT results so far are ridiculously overrated.

I do not think even the best scalp HT results produce more than an illusion of a full head of hair for a NW6, BHT is not even on the horizon of that.

If you look at the NW6 results we have seen with BHT then by the time you have allowed for:

Finasteride
Minoxidil
The use of scalp hair mixed in with BHT to confuse and hide BHT failure
The removal of a toupee allowing some already existing hairs to grow back
Deceptive photos (lighting, longer hair in ‘after photo’, shaved off hair in ‘before’ photo, camera angle, hair colour changes, scalp colour changes, use of flash photography etc.)
Comb-overs
The brass neck of some doctors claiming BHT success when the results look dreadful

I think you end up looking at BHT results on severe MPB candidates in a very different light - i.e. pretty p*ss poor results :frowning:

» » Can you please post the link to his pictures? Afterwards we can begin
» a
» » discussion and comparison as to which person has the better most
» accurate
» » representative pictures of the actual result.
»
» This is the one that hairsite posts all the time,

Obviously one of the best examples of the transplant world, but I don’t believe you can call this a NW6 nor a NW7. There are big differences in hair required for each additional NW level.

»