Things r starting to look pretty good -- update

» The Folica testers got 11 (yes, eleven) times as much regrowth after they
» tried using hair remover on the area 3 days before the wound was made.
»
» This stuff is just a shaved-head kind of deal. There’s no way around it.

I agree. A shaved head is the way to go – not only does it it make it easier doing the treatment but dipilating is suppose to increase growth/formation, so they say. I didn’t want to do that since I was doing my whole top. I’ve never had a shaved head b4 and I wasn’t willing to do it with my experiment.

» » » Hi gays, i want to try follica experiment. is there some way to avoid
» » » shaving of head and try this experiment
» »
» » Use an eye-dropper to apply the peel and rubber gloves on the other
» hand
» » to even it out. My head wasn’t shaved but I think baccy’s was. The
» eye
» » dropper is crucial if you still have hair, otherwise the hairs will
» absorb
» » a lot of the peel up b4 it hits the scalp.
»
» ok so i have diffuse thining on my temples(maybee 40% of density) can I
» apply tca peel there? or it will damage my hairs

This was the same concern as my own. No, I did this twice and it did no damage at all to existing hairs. Baccy can vouch for this also.

Does shaving work as a means of depilating? I tend to equate the term “depilate” with complete removal of the hair shaft, down to the root (eg., waxing). I think of shaving as a form of cutting the hair down until it is skin-close, but the root of the shaft remains, and I’m guessing would interfere with the topicals reaching their target.

I shave my head regularly as it is, so waxing wouldn’t be a major step for me (hell, it might actually make my life easier for a few months). I’m considering going all out, Baccy-style, and giving this a shot, if I can get the ingredients. Baccy, if you’re reading (or if anyone else knows), how long before your head resumes a “normal” looking appearance (ie., the peeling ends and your skin no longer appears discolored)?

»
» Baccy, if you’re reading (or if anyone else knows),
» how long before your head resumes a “normal” looking appearance (ie., the
» peeling ends and your skin no longer appears discolored)?

You’re looking at at least ten days before peeling is complete. Could be up to 12 days downtime in which you’ll have to wear a hat to avoid looking like a leper.

» » » Hi gays, i want to try follica experiment. is there some way to avoid
» » » shaving of head and try this experiment
» »
» » Use an eye-dropper to apply the peel and rubber gloves on the other
» hand
» » to even it out. My head wasn’t shaved but I think baccy’s was. The
» eye
» » dropper is crucial if you still have hair, otherwise the hairs will
» absorb
» » a lot of the peel up b4 it hits the scalp.
»
» ok so i have diffuse thining on my temples(maybee 40% of density) can I
» apply tca peel there? or it will damage my hairs

It doesn’t seem to damage existing hairs. I didn’t depilate this time around and the hairs that I’d got from a previous experiment were poking merrily through my scalp during the whole ordeal.