The End of an Era: First Gho, Now Intercytex

» Baldie, I have taken a look at the other forum (hair restoration info…),
» and I see that your message has been deleted. Wasn’t this forum suppossed
» to protect the freedom of speech?

Hmmm… I’m not sure what you’re talking about. What other message was deleted?

» Now the TRC “bubble” is deflating and we’re in a combination of anger and
» denial.

True, although I should clarify that I was never a big believer in ICX-TRC in the first place. The reason I found this board in the first place is the Science paper by Cotsarelis et al. Now if THAT fails, which it very well could, then I will disappointed.

Another note on ICX-TRC – they’ve lost at least 3 patients. That means they took them to the office, injected them with DP cells (and perhaps stimulated their scalps as well), and then somehow lost their addresses. Given the small number of total patients (what is it now, like 10 at the most?) that is an astonishingly high rate of lost to follow-up!

Best,
BB

» » Baldie, I have taken a look at the other forum (hair restoration
» info…),
» » and I see that your message has been deleted. Wasn’t this forum
» suppossed
» » to protect the freedom of speech?
»
» Hmmm… I’m not sure what you’re talking about. What other message was
» deleted?

United Kingdom release is a grave possibility. It was intially declined on the basis of Phase I data. Now that phase II is complete they can submit additional safety and efficacy data to the MHRA. If its not the UK then just get yourself onto a 747 and get it done even if it means u have to cross the globe to new zealand.

Not sure why some people on this board are saying TRC is a failure. If it was a failure then they would have reported it like they have done so for PRO and the caption we are seeing on their website would not be there ie like they have removed PRO. On the contracy they have said “robust”

» United Kingdom release is a grave possibility. It was intially declined on
» the basis of Phase I data. Now that phase II is complete they can submit
» additional safety and efficacy data to the MHRA. If its not the UK then
» just get yourself onto a 747 and get it done even if it means u have to
» cross the globe to new zealand.
»
» Not sure why some people on this board are saying TRC is a failure. If it
» was a failure then they would have reported it like they have done so for
» PRO and the caption we are seeing on their website would not be there ie
» like they have removed PRO. On the contracy they have said “robust”

Nathan, there is no launch date! just the word complete.

» United Kingdom release is a grave possibility. It was intially declined on
» the basis of Phase I data. Now that phase II is complete they can submit
» additional safety and efficacy data to the MHRA. If its not the UK then
» just get yourself onto a 747 and get it done even if it means u have to
» cross the globe to new zealand.

finally…the great nathan. Is there going to be any small scale commercialization this year? :smiley:

And what’s the point if they sold the house?

Goata, time will tell :slight_smile:

» » Baldie, I have taken a look at the other forum (hair restoration
» info…),
» » and I see that your message has been deleted. Wasn’t this forum
» suppossed
» » to protect the freedom of speech?
»

Where they speak about a soon UK release?? In the link there is only the pipeline, no previsions of marketing…
Remember they sayd after the end of the phase 2 they will find some partners to go on the phase 3… so after the phase 2, the will go in phase 3, not in a uk release… at the moment this is what we know… you have new infos??

Not too surprising. Their near short-term product for leg ulcers bombed, of course. Not only that, but valveta only gives “subtle” results (read: why inject people with the foreskin of babies rather than use the effective, tried-and-true method of fraxel laser surgery?), their skin repair product is unsightly and still untested (most likely to be used only for the most severe burn victims with no skin left to graft), and icx-trc, as we all know, is stalled in Phase II (with no plans to continue funding, and some behind-the-door sneakiness with “scalp stimulation” in addition to DP injections). This is their “robust” portfolio. Oh yeah, they also have a cure for blindness now…

» Renovo rules out Intercytex bid - Manchester Evening News

I really, really doubt there will be a UK release. The company is trying to sell what it can and move on.

» Where they speak about a soon UK release?? In the link there is only the
» pipeline, no previsions of marketing…
» Remember they sayd after the end of the phase 2 they will find some
» partners to go on the phase 3… so after the phase 2, the will go in phase
» 3, not in a uk release… at the moment this is what we know… you have
» new infos??

Sorry about previous comment it was mentioned by me,due to the fact that Vavelta jumped from trial 2 to market,it was not ment to be taken seriously,but who knows

See link
http://www.intercytex.com/icx/products/pipeline/

Now this is ment to be taken seriously.Intercytex are looking for a sale of the business as a whole or a merger,due to shortness of finances

See links
http://www.intercytex.com/icx/news/releases/2009/2009-01-26a/

Now here in th UK.In the media every day it tells you how bad the country really is.Recession,credit crunch,etc.
The other night I watched a documentary regarding this.It showed you our main banks pulling back,stopping financial deals to successful businesses,so really what chance do Intercytex have?

» Sorry about previous comment it was mentioned by me,due to the fact that
» Vavelta jumped from trial 2 to market,it was not ment to be taken
» seriously,but who knows
»
» See link
» http://www.intercytex.com/icx/products/pipeline/
»
» Now this is ment to be taken seriously.Intercytex are looking for a sale
» of the business as a whole or a merger,due to shortness of finances
»
» See links
» http://www.intercytex.com/icx/news/releases/2009/2009-01-26a/
»
» Now here in th UK.In the media every day it tells you how bad the country
» really is.Recession,credit crunch,etc.
» The other night I watched a documentary regarding this.It showed you our
» main banks pulling back,stopping financial deals to successful
» businesses,so really what chance do Intercytex have?

It’s not just the UK, it is a global recession, it will be hard to find investors these days to fund hair research, I think our only hope is Aderans since they fund their research with internal money (I think).

If TRC is such a failure then why are Aderans so confident and pushing their way through phase II?
IIRC they are using pretty much the same method?
Injecting dp cells, appart from TRC using scalp pre stimulation
(which in my opinion is obviously mild/micro dermabration, the same as Histogen)

This is not good news for ICX as a company but has every one forgot that Bosley has the first option for TRC now that phase II is complete, and Bosley are part of aderans.
In my opinion bosley will snap TRC up, if not to combine research but to eliminate a potential competition.

Does anyone remember if bosleys option was for full outright ownership of TRC, or just to fund phase III and market the end product with ICX still having final say?