The End of an Era: First Gho, Now Intercytex

» I’m sure they always had reasonable hopes for TRC as well. Perhaps not as
» high as for PRO. They had enough confidence to put it through phase II
» trials.

YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH

The cohorts for TRC were minimal (cohort= group of trialists). TRC was very very experimental.
On contrast, the cohorts for PRO were very acceptable. I don’t remember the numbers, but these were much much bigger than TRC’s.
This is because ICX knew that TRC was a more problematic product than PRO.
Thus, if PRO failed, just imagine what will happen to TRC.

As ICX-TRC went from phase #1 to phase #2, the MPB community’s hope in TRC grew disproportionate to what the results and ICX’s reports really warranted.

ICX probably realized this. So they grew more watchful of their words all the time because they didn’t want to feed the fire. But they still weren’t gonna say anything to purposely discourage people’s belief in TRC, because they’re just like any other biomedical company that needs money.

Now the TRC “bubble” is deflating and we’re in a combination of anger and denial.

What else is there to say?

We all knew this, havent’ we? In recent months, most people re-focused their hopes to new companies/products. Rightly or wrongly.

» As ICX-TRC went from phase #1 to phase #2, the MPB community’s hope in TRC
» grew disproportionate to what the results and ICX’s reports really
» warranted.

True! their phase-I results were really good, considering that it was just a safety trial. That announcement also came with trolls like nathan, who kept talking about small scale commercialization in 2008 and that the cure is almost here. That was the reason why everyone got so hyped up.

People were expecting a lot in 2008, if not the commercialization than at least the announcement that TRC is doing good. But Intercytex decided to fool us by giving out stupid percentages, they basically dug their own grave doing so! If only they had come out saying that we didn’t get the expected results but we are still fine tuning the procedure, people wouldn’t have hated them like they do now and their stock would have stayed strong.

The reason their stock went down so much recently is, probably, because one of their employees with loads of shares decided to cash them now, ahead of the March report - which I’m certain is not gonna be good. If you see the share volume two days ago, it’s something like 4.4 million. No wonder their share price took a dive to 4.5p, and the whole company is worth about 4 million euros now. At this value, we can buy Intercytex with our combined pocket change :stuck_out_tongue:

Goata, pleaze, keep the jokes rolling, they are very good!!!

» » As ICX-TRC went from phase #1 to phase #2, the MPB community’s hope in
» TRC
» » grew disproportionate to what the results and ICX’s reports really
» » warranted.
»
» True! their phase-I results were really good, considering that it was just
» a safety trial. That announcement also came with trolls like nathan, who
» kept talking about small scale commercialization in 2008 and that the cure
» is almost here. That was the reason why everyone got so hyped up.
»
» People were expecting a lot in 2008, if not the commercialization than at
» least the announcement that TRC is doing good. But Intercytex decided to
» fool us by giving out stupid percentages, they basically dug their own
» grave doing so! If only they had come out saying that we didn’t get the
» expected results but we are still fine tuning the procedure, people
» wouldn’t have hated them like they do now and their stock would have stayed
» strong.
»
» The reason their stock went down so much recently is, probably, because one of their employees with loads of shares decided to cash them now, ahead of the March report - which I’m certain is not gonna be good.

If you see
» the share volume two days ago, it’s something like 4.4 million. No wonder
» their share price took a dive to 4.5p, and the whole company is worth about
» 4 million euros now. At this value, we can buy Intercytex with our combined
» pocket change :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve said it before -

Have we ever seen any of ICX’s results control-tested against the effects of the skin dermabrasion and needle-poking alone?

I think maybe they’ve just been getting slight regrowth primarily from the scalp damage & healing that each stage involves. Maybe everyone at the company mistook this for proof of concept on the DP cell work.

I mean, think about how that would play out - They’d get surprising regrowth even in the stage#1 even though it was not very far along in the TRC work itself. Then, stage#2 reveals . . . no better than stage#1. Doesn’t this scenario sound a lot like what’s happened?

» Have we ever seen any of ICX’s results control-tested against the effects
» of the skin dermabrasion and needle-poking alone?

I’m certain phase-I was just TRC injections i.e. no scalp stimulation.

TRC definitely isn’t a failure, it has consistency issues. So yes that might be failure in the eyes of NW1-2 people would wanted their temples back. Still there are plenty of NW5+ people (me, Baccy etc) who want increased density without getting a transplant (or a minimal one). So there definitely is a market out there for TRC, but it depends a lot on the phase-II trial data and pricing(if it’s launched).

The entire story of ICX-TRC has generally been very focused on the specifics of this whole deal. Sourcing & multiplying cells, injections, scalp stimulation, etc.

Take this for what it’s worth, but I think there was a comment from Dr. Gho questioning the core idea of TRC itself.

If I remember it right, Gho wasn’t convinced that their raw concept (bestowing MPB-susceptible hair follicles with MPB-resistant DP cells) would be sufficient on its own to stop/reverse the MPB process.

I’m not saying Gho’s word is law or anything. And I don’t mean to hold it against ICX for trying something new. But it bears thinking about. The fact is, we don’t have any real-world examples of their idea working at all (as opposed to the basic “scalp wounding --> regrowth” idea that Folica is based on, for example). As far as I know, ICX-TRC’s core idea has only been assumed to be a winner because ICX itself was convinced of its validity & spending money accordingly.

I thought Jahoda implanted DP cells from his head hair into his wife’s arm and it grew hair. This was probably over 15 years ago, so I don’t remember the details. I know Jahoda was a consultant for ICX, and I thought that experiment was what started it all. Maybe I’m not remembering the experiment correctly though.

» I thought Jahoda implanted DP cells from his head hair into his wife’s arm
» and it grew hair. This was probably over 15 years ago, so I don’t remember
» the details. I know Jahoda was a consultant for ICX, and I thought that
» experiment was what started it all. Maybe I’m not remembering the
» experiment correctly though.

I really did believe in ICX and maybe their other products will do really well for them! I dont think the company is finished but maybe the hair programme is! As soon as they give the word then the people who still believe can move on!

» I thought Jahoda implanted DP cells from his head hair into his wife’s arm
» and it grew hair. This was probably over 15 years ago, so I don’t remember
» the details. I know Jahoda was a consultant for ICX, and I thought that
» experiment was what started it all. Maybe I’m not remembering the
» experiment correctly though.

Jahoda did do that. And it was a MASSIVE breakthrough. Jahoda also first realised that Dermal Papilla cells do not retain their ‘hair-growing’ properties for long outside of their host - bummer…

…and you can get a HM from TRC!

http://www.intercytex.com/icx/news/releases/2009/2009-02-23/

Phase III results of Cyzact® fail to meet primary endpoint
20th February 2009

Intercytex Group plc (LSE: ICX) (“Intercytex” or “the Company”) announces that the Phase III study of Cyzact® for the treatment of venous leg ulcers has failed to meet its primary endpoint. The primary endpoint was demonstration of a statistically significant (p<0.05) increase in complete wound closure at up to 12 weeks compared to four layer compression bandaging alone.

The 396-patient Phase III trial was conducted in the US, the UK and Canada. The three arm study involved all patients receiving four layer compression bandaging (the current standard of care for venous leg ulcers) with either Cyzact® (n=196), vehicle (a fibrin disc with no cells, n=100) or standard of care alone (n=100). The primary endpoint of the study was the incidence of complete wound closure at up to 12 weeks for the Cyzact® arm of the study versus the standard of care arm.

No statistically significant difference was seen between any of the groups. Data from the secondary endpoints of the trial have yet to be collated. Apart from completing the data analysis, no further work on Cyzact® is planned in any indication.

In the light of this disappointing result the Board has determined to review all strategic options for the Company.

Nick Higgins, Intercytex’ Chief Executive Officer, said: "The results of the Phase III study of Cyzact® in the treatment of venous leg ulcers are disappointing, given the encouraging results of earlier studies. Based on these results we have decided to end further development work on Cyzact®. However, our pipeline of other products remains robust. Feedback from clinicians using Vavelta® gives us increasing confidence in its potential in aesthetics and regenerative medicine. In addition, final Phase II results of ICX-TRC in hair regeneration are expected by the end of Q1 2009. The recent acquisition of Axordia also provides us with world class stem cell technology and a leading collaboration with the London Project to Cure Blindness. With ICX-SKN, our skin graft replacement for burns and acute wounds, fully funded by the US Armed Forces Institute of Regenerative Medicine (AFIRM), we have an exciting portfolio of regenerative medicine products.”
<<<<<<<<<<

» http://www.intercytex.com/icx/news/releases/2009/2009-02-23/
»
»
» >>>>>>>>>>>
» Phase III results of Cyzact® fail to meet primary endpoint
» 20th February 2009
»
»
» Intercytex Group plc (LSE: ICX) (“Intercytex” or “the Company”) announces
» that the Phase III study of Cyzact® for the treatment of venous leg ulcers
» has failed to meet its primary endpoint. The primary endpoint was
» demonstration of a statistically significant (p<0.05) increase in complete
» wound closure at up to 12 weeks compared to four layer compression
» bandaging alone.
»
» The 396-patient Phase III trial was conducted in the US, the UK and
» Canada. The three arm study involved all patients receiving four layer
» compression bandaging (the current standard of care for venous leg ulcers)
» with either Cyzact® (n=196), vehicle (a fibrin disc with no cells, n=100)
» or standard of care alone (n=100). The primary endpoint of the study was
» the incidence of complete wound closure at up to 12 weeks for the Cyzact®
» arm of the study versus the standard of care arm.
»
» No statistically significant difference was seen between any of the
» groups.
Data from the secondary endpoints of the trial have yet to be
» collated. Apart from completing the data analysis, no further work on
» Cyzact® is planned in any indication.
»
» In the light of this disappointing result the Board has determined to
» review all strategic options for the Company.
»
» Nick Higgins, Intercytex’ Chief Executive Officer, said: "The results of
» the Phase III study of Cyzact® in the treatment of venous leg ulcers are
» disappointing, given the encouraging results of earlier studies. Based on
» these results we have decided to end further development work on Cyzact®.
» However, our pipeline of other products remains robust. Feedback from
» clinicians using Vavelta® gives us increasing confidence in its potential
» in aesthetics and regenerative medicine. In addition, final Phase II
» results of ICX-TRC in hair regeneration are expected by the end of Q1 2009.
» The recent acquisition of Axordia also provides us with world class stem
» cell technology and a leading collaboration with the London Project to Cure
» Blindness. With ICX-SKN, our skin graft replacement for burns and acute
» wounds, fully funded by the US Armed Forces Institute of Regenerative
» Medicine (AFIRM), we have an exciting portfolio of regenerative medicine
» products.”
» <<<<<<<<<<

do they want to cure blindness???

» do they want to cure blindness???

There are plenty of blind men in this forum who would benefit.:smiley:

ICX-TRC Complete - Watch this place.UK market release only - Soon

See link

http://www.intercytex.com/icx/products/pipeline/

Uk only.All citizens of the U.S.will have to wait.

Now this could be a wind up by me,but who knows,keep dreaming!

» ICX-TRC Complete - Watch this place.UK market release only - Soon
»
» See link
»
» http://www.intercytex.com/icx/products/pipeline/
»
» Uk only.All citizens of the U.S.will have to wait.
»
» Now this could be a wind up by me,but who knows,keep dreaming!

they just said complete but nothing about a market release?

»
» See link
»
»

LOL…there is no way it will be launched in UK after phase-II because Dr.Kemp in his interview said that they need phase-III for MHRA approval in UK and that they can’t launch after phase-II in UK.

»
» See link
»
»
»

Hi Baldie, welcome back.
I think Goata is right. Even if they wanted to, they couldn’t release TRC in the UK because it is considered a drug there, and thus, it needs Phase III to be completed.
Anyway, don’t worry, TRC doesn’t work. Vavelta doesn’t work, and PRO doesn’t work. It has been a massive failure. Incredible, I know. I was a big believer in ICX, oh well… :frowning:

»
» See link
»
»
»