30 Raffles Place
#03-01 Chevron House
Singapore 048622

Tel: (65) 6533 2522
Fax: (65) 6538 3400

Opening Hours:
Mon - Fri : 10am - 8pm
Sat : 10am - 3pm

Stem Cell Facial Therapy — The Next Big Thing: The Sloane Clinic is Launching the New Stem Cell AAPE for Skin Rejuvenation - 29 AUG 07

Imagine a “chemical messenger” that can enter skin cells and send a signal, teaching it to be young again. In time, the skin will begin to feel naturally rejuvenated, tighter and younger without surgery. Superficial blemishes and pigmentation will reverse itself, leaving the complexion flawless and young. Now The Sloane Clinic is offering treatments using AAPE, a stem cell protein extract that is able to deliver just that.

Singapore (PRWEB) August 29, 2007 – Imagine a “chemical messenger” that can enter skin cells and send a signal, teaching it to be young again. In time, the skin will begin to feel naturally rejuvenated, tighter and younger without surgery. Superficial blemishes and pigmentation will reverse itself, leaving the complexion flawless and young. Now The Sloane Clinic is offering treatments using AAPE, a stem cell protein extract that is able to deliver just that.

Stem cells have the unique characteristic of “plasticity” – they have the ability to give rise to all of the different tissues of the human body. In general, stem cells have two distinguishing characteristics: They are unspecialized, in that they can clone themselves without limit; and they can differentiate into many cell types with specific functions.

As you know, no treatment is able to freeze time as our bodies and skin is subjected to many environmental assaults daily, but this treatment certainly comes close
Recently, scientists have discovered that human adipose (fat) tissue has a higher concentration of adult stem cells than any other tissue in the body. In fact, a given volume of adipose tissue contains 1,000 times more stem cells than the same volume of bone marrow – 500 mL of fat can yield approximately 200 million stem cells. Stem cells have many unique applications in science and medicine, but this is the first time, protein extract derived from stem cells are used in the field of cosmetic dermatology.

In July 2007, facial and scalp rejuvenate therapies using AAPE was introduced at The Sloane Clinic in Singapore. AAPE (advanced adipose-derived stem cell protein extract) is a mixture of refined growth factor proteins that is extracted from human adipose-derived stem cells. AAPE uses proteins or chemical messengers that are extracted from stem cells found in human fat tissue. These messengers, when deposited or absorbed into the skin or scalp if that were the case, would then send a signal to cells in the skin teaching them to regenerate.

“In a very simplistic way, we are basically using this product to tell your skin to be young again,” says Dr. Low Chai Ling, Aesthetic Physician of The Sloane Clinic, Singapore, one of the first doctors in Singapore to offer this treatment to her patients with overwhelming response.

“These AAPE cells are extracted from human adipocytes (fat cells) during the process of lipoaspiration (fat suction) and they contain the maximal number of stem cells in the human body. By cultivating these regenerative cells in test-tubes, we can establish cell lines which will serve as a reservoir of stem cells for anti-ageing and aesthetic therapies far superior than traditional methods of synthetic chemicals,” she added.

Stem Cell as a Therapy
Stem-cell therapy can be viewed as a way to restore embryonic potential to a patient’s aged or damaged cells. The goal of stem-cell therapy in aesthetic surgery would be to regenerate aging tissue. (of the face or scalp)

AAPE is the protein messengers extracted from these stem cells, and hence AAPE have the innate ability to rearrange, change, or repair local tissues significantly and rapidly. One of the most promising uses for AAPE may be the regeneration of facial fat that has been lost through the natural aging process – facial fat atrophy. AAPE to could not only replace lost facial volume, but may also be able to rejuvenate the face by regenerating the skin from the inside out.

AAPE on the scalp can also help with the regeneration of ageing hair follicles and help stimulate hair growth and reverse the effects of balding without the need for hair transplant surgery.

A session will take about 30 minutes with multiple tiny punctures and most will begin to see the effects from your 3rd session onwards. Most patients will do a series of 6 sessions initially to prime their skin for long lasting anti-ageing effects.

“As you know, no treatment is able to freeze time as our bodies and skin is subjected to many environmental assaults daily, but this treatment certainly comes close,” says Dr. Low Chai Ling.

Safety and Efficacy
AAPE which is the growth factors derived from stem cells harvested from human fat cells have been certified safe by CTFA (Cosmetic. Toiletry and Fragrance Association) as an approved cosmetic ingredient (Sep/13/2006). It has also been registered with INCI as human adipocyte conditioned media extract. This product is patented. (Patent registration number: PCT/KR2006/004111).

Stem Cell Facial and Scalp Therapy – Miracle Facial?
Overall, stem cells raise the prospect of regenerating the aging face from the inside out, and thereby have the potential to change the entire practice of facial rejuvenation in the future. Stem Cell Facial Therapy for anti-ageing and intense facial rejuvenation purposes (reduction in wrinkles, pigmentation, evening of skin colour, closure of pores and softening and tightening ) costs around USD$600* per session. Stem Cell Scalp Therapy to regrow hair and reverse balding costs around USD$550*. Hair regrowth is usually seen in 6 sessions, 2 weeks apart.

For most, this is a leap in aesthetic advancement that is going to revolutionalize the cosmetic industry. And this will bring people a step closer to their anti-ageing ideal with the least amount of effort in the long run.

After all, pretty is what you are born with. But beautiful, that’s an equal opportunity.

*Prices accurate at time of print but may be subjected to change.

Dr. Low Chai Ling is an aesthetic physician and the medical director of The Sloane Clinic, Singapore.

For more information on this and other treatment, please visit www.sloaneclinic.com
For general enquiries, please email enquiries @sloaneclinic.com
For press and media enquiries, please email marcom @sloaneclinic.com

“AAPE on the scalp can also help with the regeneration of ageing hair follicles and help stimulate hair growth and reverse the effects of balding without the need for hair transplant surgery”

“Stem Cell Scalp Therapy to regrow hair and reverse balding costs around USD$550*. Hair regrowth is usually seen in 6 sessions, 2 weeks apart.”

the above was already posted on another site ealier today by “chrome”.

anyway, he also posted:

Watch Dr. Low on Prime Time morning news discussing this new therapy

http://www.sloaneclinic.com/english/pdf/CNA-PTM-15Aug.wmv

Look at the picture before geting excited:
http://www.sloaneclinic.com/english/thehair/clinicserthehairstemcell.asp

These pics don’t really matter. The question is: are we seeing regeneration of miniaturized follicles or actual growth of new folliclces (i.e., follicular neogenesis)? If there’s the latter going on then these pics are f**king AMAZING. Anyone with more knowledge of stem cells have any ideas???

» Look at the picture before geting excited:
» http://www.sloaneclinic.com/english/thehair/clinicserthehairstemcell.asp

» http://www.prweb.com/releases/2007/8/prweb547516.htm
»
» http://www.sloaneclinic.com/english/thehair/clinicserthehairstemcell.asp

Initial stages of hair loss only - Listen to it,thats what she said - are we seeing regeneration of miniaturized follicles or actual growth of new folliclces - neither I bet!
»
» 30 Raffles Place
» #03-01 Chevron House
» Singapore 048622
»
» Tel: (65) 6533 2522
» Fax: (65) 6538 3400
»
» Opening Hours:
» Mon - Fri : 10am - 8pm
» Sat : 10am - 3pm

»
» Initial stages of hair loss only - Listen to it,thats what
» she said - are we seeing regeneration of miniaturized follicles or actual
» growth of new folliclces - neither I bet!

» »

Well, if they really are sprouting hair where it once was but hasn’t been in a while, wouldn’t it have to be one or the other (regeneration or neogenesis)?

Having said that, I’m very skeptical of this product. They claim it reverses the initial phases of balding (which I interpret to mean minor thinning and/or recession–say a NW 1 or maybe NW 2). Makes me think of what good 'ol Dr. Proctor used to preach: almost everything could arguably give you some regrowth. I don’t find the photos very convicing though–I can’t tell whether there’s additional hair or if it’s just combed differently.

I’m glad to hear about another cell therapy product that’s being used out there though. It will definitely add to the awareness of what will be the wave of the future regarding medical treatment, but I think I’ll hold off on making travel plans to Singapore until I see something a little more definitive.

» These pics don’t really matter. The question is: are we seeing regeneration
» of miniaturized follicles or actual growth of new folliclces (i.e.,
» follicular neogenesis)? If there’s the latter going on then these pics are
» f**king AMAZING. Anyone with more knowledge of stem cells have any
» ideas???
»
» » Look at the picture before geting excited:
» » http://www.sloaneclinic.com/english/thehair/clinicserthehairstemcell.asp

If you can say for sure that you can see new hair growth then you are better than me. I dont buy it.

those results look like …

… shit, don’t they ? I could provide better results with minoxidil and dr sanhori’s stuff, which is a lot cheaper. Anyway, this thing looks suspicious, supposedly a scam and a misinterpretation of ‘stem cell’ to blow customer’s minds. Just my first impression :expressionless:

I don’t know what to say.The jury is still out,we need more info & discussion.Paging Benji,JB & JTR.
I have always dreamt that a company would come out of the blue & offer a solution to my problem but…
It’s very cheap.

One picture with a small amount of regrowth isn’t going to get me on a plane to anywhere.

When somebody has a real working solution, they will have multiple pictures of “wow” results. They may be working in the right direction here, but they must not be “there” just yet.

I wish em’ all the luck in the world though. Like Damon, I’d love to log on one day, and see that someone somewhere has several wow pics and has figured out a way to implant good hair-inductive material all over the scalp without utterly depleteing the donor area.

The Asians are a smart, dedicated people…I wouldn’t rule out PhoenixBio or Shishedo in the long run. In five years time, they may catch ICX and Aderans. I doubt a “cure” will come from a plastic surgery clinic in particular however, but will take a cure if it came from travelling mimes.

There’s no doubt this is the future of baldness – “maintenance” injections a la Botox for wrinkles. Nobody will BE bald 'cause injections will be regular, every year or so. DAMN I WANT A BALDNESS CURE! :stuck_out_tongue:

» One picture with a small amount of regrowth isn’t going to get me on a
» plane to anywhere.
»
» When somebody has a real working solution, they will have multiple
» pictures of “wow” results. They may be working in the right direction
» here, but they must not be “there” just yet.
»
»
» I wish em’ all the luck in the world though. Like Damon, I’d love to log
» on one day, and see that someone somewhere has several wow pics and has
» figured out a way to implant good hair-inductive material all over the
» scalp without utterly depleteing the donor area.
»
»
» The Asians are a smart, dedicated people…I wouldn’t rule
» out PhoenixBio or Shishedo in the long run. In five years time, they may
» catch ICX and Aderans. I doubt a “cure” will come from a plastic surgery
» clinic in particular however, but will take a cure if it came from
» travelling mimes.

"There’s no doubt this is the future of baldness – “maintenance” injections
a la Botox for wrinkles. Nobody will BE bald 'cause injections will be
regular, every year or so. DAMN I WANT A BALDNESS CURE! :stuck_out_tongue: "

funny you should mention Botox as there is a clinical trial ongoing accessing the hair growth effects of injecting Botox into the scalp.

Treatment of Alopecia Areata of the Scalp With Intradermal Injections of Botulinum Toxin

Study start: January 2007

http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct/show/NCT00408798?order=3

this is no different from shitty rogaine i am surprised companies are creating lotions in this day and age when clearly cell therapy is the way forward

icx is a million times better just wait for it to come

» "There’s no doubt this is the future of baldness – “maintenance”
» injections
» a la Botox for wrinkles. Nobody will BE bald 'cause injections will be
» regular, every year or so. DAMN I WANT A BALDNESS CURE! :stuck_out_tongue: "
»
» funny you should mention Botox as there is a clinical trial ongoing
» accessing the hair growth effects of injecting Botox into the scalp.
»
»
» Treatment of Alopecia Areata of the Scalp With Intradermal Injections of
» Botulinum Toxin
»
» Study start: January 2007
»
» CTG Labs - NCBI

i hope not, most people with botox look fucked up as it is…i dont want no parts of that even if it is in the head…you should see recent photos of vanessa del rio, lol…

i hope not, most people with botox look fucked up as it is…i dont want no parts of that even if it is in the head…you should see recent photos of vanessa del rio, lol…

Ive seen worse examples of botox-messes than that one pic of del Rio I was able to dreg up. Back in the day she was pretty damn hot. In that pic, she still tyring to look like a young gal, but she is 55. It doesnt’ work does it?

There is a chick on foxnews, a blonde, with ridiculous collagen-inflated lips. They dont move right when she speaks, they aren’t smooth enough. She looks kinda like a monster with them, even though she would have been a hottie. You want to laugh every time you see her. They have big creases in them that make you think of a goddamned asshole on her face when she talks. Ive seen some women who have faces that simply dont move right from being partially paralyzed from the botox. The scalp excercise is something of a natural face-lift because by building up the occipitalis muscles behind your ears and on the side of the head, there is a small natural pull-up effect on the face.

The only type of facial surgeries Ive seen that consistently help are chin reductions, nose jobs, chin implants (if someone doesnt go wild with them), and dermabrasion. Thats it. They simply cant give someone a new face. :no:

» The only type of facial surgeries Ive seen that consistently help are chin
» reductions, nose jobs, chin implants (if someone doesnt go wild with them),
» and dermabrasion. Thats it. They simply cant give someone a new face. :no:

and there’s a lot of idiots in hollywood that still try, lol. they walk around like “oh yea man i always looked like this though dude!” :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you think it would be a good idea to contact this clinc & ask them to start contributing to this forum as the HTP docs do on the HTP forum ??

the worst example i’ve seen in frecent years of a beautiful woman who f****d up her looks with cosmetic surgery has to be Priscilla Presley. She now looks ridiculous.

» Do you think it would be a good idea to contact this clinc & ask them to
» start contributing to this forum as the HTP docs do on the HTP forum ??

BAD IDEA