Sloane Clinic

And I’ll tell you why: it’s just a “protein extract” allegedly taken from stem cells. This is dubious for many reasons. First, a protein can have biochemical effects, but genetically it’s inert so it’s unlikely to have lasting effects.

Second, since it’s coming from someone else’s stem cells, it may elicit an immune response from the recipient, causing inflammation, allergy, rash, or worse.

Third, we just don’t know enough about stem cells yet to understand which proteins in them are likely to have a rejuvenating effect.

If, on the other hand, someone were to inject a patient’s own stem cells back into the skin, I think it would probably have a great rejuvenating effect, but we’re nowhere near that point yet in terms of understanding. It would have to go through clinical trials first, just like HM, and the FDA would be cautious about approving it without safety and efficacy testing.

OTOH, if anyone out there has more knowledge about this, or has actually undergone the procedure, or knows someone who has, please let us know…

At 40, when she was very hot, http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/MMPH/259588~Priscilla-Presley-Posters.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Priscilla-Presley-Posters_i1634546_.htm&h=425&w=340&sz=28&hl=en&start=17&um=1&tbnid=pLp1p5HU212alM:&tbnh=126&tbnw=101&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpriscilla%2Bpresley%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rls%3DGGLR,GGLR:2006-16,GGLR:en%26sa%3DN

At 62, Botoxed-up and undeadish-looking,

http://www.elvispresleynews.com/images/PriscillaPresleyBedLinen.jpg

More “Undead” (rough), http://www.memphissymphony.org/Admin/images/PresleyTwo.jpg

In her seventies prime,
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://cchs.churchill.k12.nv.us/Elvis%2520Presley%2520Sarah%2520Mathern/priscilla.jpg&imgrefurl=http://cchs.churchill.k12.nv.us/Elvis%2520Presley%2520Sarah%2520Mathern/priscilla_beaulieu_presley.htm&h=510&w=366&sz=47&hl=en&start=134&um=1&tbnid=ttFS_QQV9JsVoM:&tbnh=131&tbnw=94&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpriscilla%2Bpresley%26start%3D120%26ndsp%3D20%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rls%3DGGLR,GGLR:2006-16,GGLR:en%26sa%3DN

and again,
http://www.joemoscheo.net/gallery/Joe%2010.jpg

I emailed the clinic. They are pumping something that does nothing like everyone else. Here are the emails below:

Good afternoon,

Could you please forward this email to the correct individual who may be able to answer my question. I was wondering if you could send me further information (including prices and many more photographs) of your stem cell scalp regeneration process. I personally, and millions of other men would come flocking to you if you had a valid solution.

Thank you kindly.

Dear sir,

Prices are in SGD and are before 7% GST taxes. One sessions of stem cell scalp therapy is $880 and a package of 6 sessions is $4400.

Treatments are done 2 weekly for 6 sessions. All patients will need a prior consultation with the doctor to ascertain if they are suitable for treatment.

Thank you for contacting us at The Sloane Clinic. Pls do visit our site at www.sloaneclinic.com

EMAIL #2

Thank you kindly for your reply and the answers to some of my questions. The most important question was left unanswered unfortunately. Could you please provide me with further photo evidence of this technique working on multiple patients. The photographs currently appearing on your website looks like a different comb over and nothing more.

Dear sir,
Thank you for emailing us on our general enquiry helpline. At present, we have no authorized material to share with you.

Please do feel free to browse our site again in the future for updates. Thank you for your interest and have a nice day.

As you all can read, they have NOTHING. If they did, they would be posting it everywhere. Scrap it.

Their response to your questions tell us all we need to know man. I appreciate you taking the time to email them, and find them out.

Until there is a real solution for pattern baldness, hucksters will never stop, in fact I’d bet on more and more sophisticated scams.

Did everyone watch the video of Dr. Low Chai Ling on AsiaNews TV???
That’s one CUTE doctor.
I might go to the Sloan Clinic just to get a scalp massage from her. :stuck_out_tongue:
Seriously though… Sloane Clinic is on the right track.
BBC News had a great report about the regenerative properties of human stem cells… included regenerating follicle cells in the scalp.
I think HM will be obsolete by the time it comes out. Stem Cell research is making huge strides in Asia and Russia. I’m predicting researchers will be growing hair within the next 18 months.

Stem cell research clincs are popping up all over India.
Dr Geeta Shroff has already helped countless numbers of paralysed Westerners walk again.India is a huge player in stem cell research.

WOW.
Yes… the BBC News segment mentioned Dr. Geeta Shroff.
Very good damon!!!
That research clinic in India is making the crippled walk and the blind see in some of their trials.
They’ve also regrown hair on bald heads in other trials using pure embryonic stem cells… something the Sloane Clinic is not using.
Embryonic stem cells seem to be the most powerful chemical messengers… much more powerful than the protein extract of the Adult Stem Cells used by Sloane.
Keep your eyes on India, South Korea and Russia. They’re not hampered by the “ETHICAL” concerns seen in other countries.

Where is the evidence that this Dr. actually helped somebody walk again? Did they say so? Any before and after video of these crippled people walking? Is it actually scientifically documented somewhere? While I have no doubts that stem cell therapy may lead to cures in the future, it seems highly improbable that this is actually happening without making the news. And no I don’t believe in conspiracy theories that the medical establishment is keeping this all hush-hush and on the down-low to protect themselves. As Carl Sagan (and others) said, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. And healing the crippled is an extraordinary claim. Just because the Dr. says it is so is not enough. I personally don’t buy it. If you can point me somewhere that has some scientific evidence backing up this claim, I would love to see it.

Stem cell research flourishes in India due to the absence of any religious or political opposition.The Hindu religion does not consider experimenting with human embryos immoral.We don’t have that luxury with Christianity;our religion finds everything immoral,except for priests molesting young boys.

I saw Dr Shroff & her patients on the news & on 60 minutes.A woman who was paralysed in a car accident went to India for stem cell treatment.After 2 months of injections,she had regained bladder & bowel control,sensation in her legs & feet.This woman came to India in a wheelchair & left walking with the help of callipers & a walking frame.

However,Dr Shroff does not give any guarantees.She isn’t in a rush to share her secrets either.She refuses to let anyone see exactly what she does.She will only open her work up to scrutiny once the technology she uses has been patented.

It is worth noting that to the mainstream medical world,Dr Geeta Shroff is a fraud.For every new case she reveals to the world there are a series of scientists who come out & condemn her for her work.There is a difference between adult stem cells & Embryoinc stem cells.

Adult stem cells are location specific.Stem cells obtained from a specific area can only treat disorders that arise in that specific area.

Embryonic stem cells are undifferentiated & can develop into any adult cell. However,scientists are unable to reliably guide embryonic stem cells to differentiate into the desired tissue.There is a very real & big chance that this form of treatment will produce tumors.

Actually, stem cell research is very much alive and well in the U.S., despite Christian objections. It’s done at the state level instead of federal. I’m not aware of any country spending more than the U.S. California alone is investing $3 billion. The difference is that the U.S. and European countries are using the scientific method and publishing results. Whether this Dr. is legitimate or not, I don’t know. I am not aware of any scientific tests that she has performed or aware of any information that she has published in a legitimate scientific journal. It is up to her to provide the scientific proof that her allegations are correct. So far I haven’t seen anything. I didn’t see the show you were referring to, but even if it is so, people stating that it worked does not constitute scientific proof. One of the reasons the scientific method exists is to eliminate the placebo effect. Were these people confined to wheelchairs for 20 years, then all of a sudden they were out playing tennis? I would say that would be hard to account for even with the placebo effect. But are they getting just a little bit of movement in their legs where they had none before? That could be accounted for by the placebo effect. Again, I didn’t see the program. But that’s exactly why the scientific method needs to be followed. It may seem like a great thing on the surface, but until she provides actual scientific data to support her claims, it doesn’t really mean anything. At least not to me. If she really believes she can make the paralyzed walk again, it should be very easy to set up a scientific test to verify this. And it should begin with animals, not humans.

Okay.
Dr. Low Chai Ling (the hot doc at Sloane) has agreed to do an online interview with me concerning the Sloane Clinic’s claim of scalp rejuvenation and hair regrowth using stem cell technology AAPE.
Yes, I’ll ask her the obvious questions like… Why aren’t there more before and after photos on their website? What is the exact science behind AAPE therapy? Does the therapy actually rejuvenate existing follicles in the thinning and bald areas, or does it generate new follicles? What is usually the extent of this regeneration (follicles per sq. centimeter)?
Anything else I should ask? I’m limited to 7 questions. (Apparently she’s a very busy woman.)

Does she swallow ?

:stuck_out_tongue:

» Does she swallow ?

I just sprayed my dinner all over my lap top.