Question to the guys in this forum?

Hi guys
I see everyone taking herbal supplements. Have they really worked for you? I mean did they stop the hair shedding?
I’m really desperate for anything to stop my progressing nw6
I tried saw palmetto last year for 7 months. after the 1st 2 weeks i started noticing black small hairs on my forehead. you have to be very close to the mirror to notice them. but that is all that happened and my hair continued shedding

quarterhead,

Your story is not unlike mine and countless others that I have read: The so-called DHT blockers (saw palmetto, beta sitosterol, etc.) lose their effectiveness in a relatively short period of time. As the effectiveness of these herbs begins to wear off, users will inevitably increase their daily dosage. This doesn’t do any good though, and can be potentially quite dangerous.

I firmly believe that your scalp’s condition will improve, shed will cease, and you will be able to (at the very least) maintain the hair you have left with a regimen that has at its core: turmeric’s curcumin and the resveratrol found in Japanese knotweed.

Magnesium citrate, vitamin C, and D3 (vitamin K, iodine) are for essential for healthy hair/scalp in my opinion.

Chinese herbs like fo ti may also improve the overall thickness of your hair.

For two and 1/2 years I have been fortunate enough not only to maintain, but also regrow some hair in the crown and temple areas.

TN

» Hi guys
» I see everyone taking herbal supplements. Have they really worked for you?
» I mean did they stop the hair shedding?
» I’m really desperate for anything to stop my progressing nw6
» I tried saw palmetto last year for 7 months. after the 1st 2 weeks i
» started noticing black small hairs on my forehead. you have to be very
» close to the mirror to notice them. but that is all that happened and my
» hair continued shedding

At best supplements will slow the “leakage” and reduce DHT - so they will slow your hairloss.

There are balanced SP / Beta sis formulas which have very little Beta sis but are still as effective as the traditional extract formulas. They use liposome delivery methods to aid absorption.

Your best bet is to combine topical regime and add a supplement or two.

Pete

Thank u
Natural, do u take your regimen once a week or everyday?
Pete, what are the brands for the SP/ Beta sis you are mentioning?

»
»
» At best supplements will slow the “leakage” and reduce DHT - so they will
» slow your hairloss.
»
» There are balanced SP / Beta sis formulas which have very little Beta sis
» but are still as effective as the traditional extract formulas. They use
» liposome delivery methods to aid absorption.
»
»
» Your best bet is to combine topical regime and add a supplement or two.
»
»
»
» Pete

» Thank u
» Natural, do u take your regimen once a week or everyday?

I take vitamin C, magnesium, fo ti, japanese knotweed extract, and turmeric extract every day.

I take vitamin D, vitamin K, and iodine once a week.

Hope this helps,
TN

thank u.
I’ll get on it soon

» Pete, what are the brands for the SP/ Beta sis you are mentioning?
»

Heres one:

http://www.mybeautysecrets.co.uk/Product.aspx?ID=646

Of course, Ive always thought there is more to it than DHT :slight_smile:

Another good combination is SP, Pygeum and Zinc.

Take care
Pete

PS keep your eyes and ears peeled in the coming years - there will be a solution to regrowth and it will be sooner than you think via topical route :slight_smile:

» thank u.
» I’ll get on it soon

A regimen of herbal, vitamin, and mineral supplements which lower inflammation, reduce cholesterol levels, facilitate the metabolism of insulin, and remove heavy metals, will provide you with a more sustained level of success.

» » Thank u
» » Natural, do u take your regimen once a week or everyday?
»
» I take vitamin C, magnesium, fo ti, japanese knotweed extract, and
» turmeric extract every day.
»
» I take vitamin D, vitamin K, and iodine once a week.
»
» Hope this helps,
» TN

you cannot just take one or two vitamins or minerals they all work together

minerals are way more important than vitamins and people ignore them. If you are not taking a super chelated multi mineral complex your vitamins will not even be recognized by the body, they will pass right through without being absorbed

you are woefully lacking in vits and mins

Vitamin C, D and K and Iodine is not sufficient
where is your Bs? where is your biotin>? where are your minerals?

Hangin what r u doing in the HT Forums these days ,? anyways i just wanna mention that after 3 years on Beta Sitosterol 375 MG , with phytosterols of 937 MG , 1 tablet religiously , I HAVE seen adequate growth and a complete stoppage of hairfall , barring a odd 10 to 20 Hairfalls everyday coz that the necessary replacment of old hair versus New hair growth. along with Biotin and B complex vits with zinc supplements , I am a 100 % Vegetarian, and i started Beta Sitso after the advise of My Fav. on the board those days aka . Windows Peak but do too continous haressing by a few , we lost his valuable advise , hope u r listing ( I mean the Original Guy , not some ass**** posing as Windows Peak , be assured that hair growth is Very very slow process, so dont expect miracles before 4 to 5 years atleast . Thx , Rgds Mike

» » Pete, what are the brands for the SP/ Beta sis you are mentioning?
» »
»
»
» Heres one:
»
»
» http://www.mybeautysecrets.co.uk/Product.aspx?ID=646
»
»
» Of course, Ive always thought there is more to it than DHT :slight_smile:
»
» Another good combination is SP, Pygeum and Zinc.
»
»
» Take care
» Pete
»
» PS keep your eyes and ears peeled in the coming years - there will be a
» solution to regrowth and it will be sooner than you think via topical route
» :slight_smile:

Ok so what I gather from everyone who responded to this thread is that I need
some vitamins and beta sisterol
What is the beta sisterol dose that I should start with?
and are all these herbals harmless?

» some vitamins and beta sisterol
» What is the beta sisterol dose that I should start with?
» and are all these herbals harmless?

I would not use beta sitosterol. Many posters have used beta sitosterol, and experienced side effects similar to Propecia users (lower libido, brain fog, etc). I used Source Naturals beta sitosterol for three months. I experienced no regrowth of any kind, and had unbearable constipation.

Stop BullS****ing People , THE Natural do u even know what u r talking? Brain Fog … wow LOL , Nuts go and check any damn website today everyone is Using Plant Sterols (Beta sitosterol) in Margarines , Cheese , Chocolate Bars , Yoghurts , Orange drinks and u know the amount per seving is recomended 1 GRAM, yes imagine 375 Mg doing the Brain fog , then i suppose 1 GRAM would Leave People BRAINLESS … LMAO .
Even in Canada these spreads are used in Breakfast Margarines called Becel , and it is from Top Class Company in foods “Unilever” , u mean everyone is Risking the Health of their Clients …LOL RESEARCH and Get a Life . Dreaming of growing hair in Just 3 Months Use …lol , then we wud have no baldies here , remember what Waseda said that I u loose hair for 5 years than Minimum 5 Years will be needed to Re-grow them …
Rgds
Mike
» » some vitamins and beta sisterol
» » What is the beta sisterol dose that I should start with?
» » and are all these herbals harmless?
»
» I would not use beta sitosterol. Many posters have used beta sitosterol,
» and experienced side effects similar to Propecia users (lower libido, brain
» fog, etc). I used Source Naturals beta sitosterol for three months. I
» experienced no regrowth of any kind, and had unbearable constipation.

Mike, you are, unfortunately at 39 years of age, still ignorant of information associated with beta sitosterol use. You need to take some time, visit other forums, and read the old posts from people who were initially excited about beta sitosterol. One by one, they dropped this supplement because beta sitosterol was ineffective or caused side effects. Veteran posters like Jacob, IH, and myself know this for a fact. That you are still going out of your way to inhibit the production of DHT shows how little you know about treating hair loss.

Are you the same Mike who asked the following, “…can i KILL Myself from taking [beta sitosterol] daily for say 5 years continuously ? I am 39 yrs with NORMAL Cholesterol Levels.”

And stated, "I read that taking Beta sitosterol 375 MG Daily Lowers your Cholesterol Levels to “DANGEROUSLY LOW LEVELS ,and can actually cause a HEART ATTACK IN PERSON TAKING THIS from Long Time Frame.”

That was you, right. :wink:

That is because i had not Researched on the Topic of Phytosterols Much and was confused when i read a Report stating that Long term use may cause Plague in the arteries , hence I was Nervous , but now after too much Research I am confident that its SAFE even if u intake more than 5 GRAMS Daily. My commitment stays to Beta sitosterol Long term , even though u were foolish to drop such a POTENT DHT Blocker , coz it comes with added gains Like : Lower Blood sugar , Lower Cancer risk , Lower Cholestrol ., Higher HDL Levels , Lowering the risk of Postrate Cance and asthma.
Rgds
Mike
» Mike, you are, unfortunately at 39 years of age, still ignorant of
» information associated with beta sitosterol use. You need to take some
» time, visit other forums, and read the old posts from people who were
» initially excited about beta sitosterol. One by one, they dropped this
» supplement because beta sitosterol was ineffective or caused side effects.
» Veteran posters like Jacob, IH, and myself know this for a fact. That you
» are still going out of your way to inhibit the production of DHT shows how
» little you know about treating hair loss.
»
» Are you the same Mike who asked the following, “…can i KILL Myself from
» taking [beta sitosterol] daily for say 5 years continuously ? I am 39 yrs
» with NORMAL Cholesterol Levels.”
»
» And stated, "I read that taking Beta sitosterol 375 MG Daily Lowers your
» Cholesterol Levels to “DANGEROUSLY LOW LEVELS ,and can actually cause a
» HEART ATTACK IN PERSON TAKING THIS from Long Time Frame.”
»
» That was you, right. :wink:

You are still very much confused, Mike - brain fog is one of many side effects associated with high levels of beta sitosterol use. :yes:

I (and countless others) have used DHT blockers like beta sitosterol in the past, and don’t feel they are the best way to treat hair loss. But if you are getting good results, then great.

I dunno of any such sides , but maybe as u wrote very high doseage might be not good , but a well ranged dose as approved by the FDA and the American Heart Institute within max 3 Grams per day is not Harmful with so many studies proving since 1952 that even doses above 3 grams and max 6 grams are Safe, i dunno why u post such silly details , maybe beta s did not prove helful so its anxiety i guess on ur part , but then no one said it will be helpful for all.
rgds

» You are still very much confused, Mike - brain fog is one of many side
» effects associated with high levels of beta sitosterol use. :yes:
»
» I (and countless others) have used DHT blockers like beta sitosterol in
» the past, and don’t feel they are the best way to treat hair loss. But if
» you are getting good results, then great.

» I dunno of any such sides , but maybe as u wrote very high doseage might be
» not good , but a well ranged dose as approved by the FDA and the American
» Heart Institute within max 3 Grams per day is not Harmful with so many
» studies proving since 1952 that even doses above 3 grams and max 6 grams
» are Safe, i dunno why u post such silly details , maybe beta s did not
» prove helful so its anxiety i guess on ur part , but then no one said it
» will be helpful for all.
» rgds
»
» » You are still very much confused, Mike - brain fog is one of many side
» » effects associated with high levels of beta sitosterol use. :yes:
» »
» » I (and countless others) have used DHT blockers like beta sitosterol in
» » the past, and don’t feel they are the best way to treat hair loss. But
» if
» » you are getting good results, then great.

the natural is very anti-dht blockers
he is just being himself

the bottom line is find something that works for each of us
if your regimen works, then its good for you

Hi to everyone posting in this thread including Natural,HanginThere,etc. As a now 11 YEAR VETERAN of Hairsite.com I’d like to share my opinion with you in regards to natural supplements of any kind having a positive effect on hairloss. Ive read about everything under the sun about natural supplements dating back to February of 2000. Thats a LOT of researching. Unfortunately,in ALL THAT TIME,ive never heard of ANY natural thing working for more that 1 or 2% of hairloss sufferers TOPS. And of that 1% or 2% the ONLY positive effect ive seen is baby fine hairs that go NOWHERE. Im not bashing anyone here. Rather the opposite,I applaud anyone who has the guts to try to rely on natural ingredients alone. Its a long,tough,albeit Courageous road to take. One that di NOT work for me or anyone i know. Despite this,I STILL seriously wish you all the best because obviously a natural solution is the best route to go. Who knows what stuff like Propecia,Dutasteride,RU,etc will have wayyy down the line. Good luck everyone,I know how hard hairloss is to go through and unlike Cancer,if you have the guts to even tell someone you are really depressed over hairloss,you get laughed at or told to just “get over it” Best regards, J.

J,

I appreciate the honesty of your post, and respect your opinion as well.

Bare with me here: I order my supplements from iherb.com. And they keep a history of what supplements their customers have purchased. The other day, I decided to check out my order history, and almost had a heart attack, when I saw all of the different kinds of supplements that I had ordered throughout the years. Wow, there were a lot!

But before I became too angry/depressed, I remembered that a large majority of these supplements did enable me to control my hair loss (i.e. maintain), even if it was only temporary. My body developed a tolerance to most natural supplements (especially DHT blockers) within three - six months, rendering them ineffective.

After 8 years of this trial/error and online research, I decided to use a regimen that has, at its core, the herbal extracts of turmeric and Japanese knotweeed, which are probably better known as curcumin and resveratrol, respectively. With the exception of a minor additions/subtractions, my regimen has stayed pretty much the same for almost three years (and counting). I believe that it can improve the hair/scalp condition for all, control hair loss for most, and provide visible regrowth for some users, as I don’t believe that mine is an isolated case.

And I am sure if you venture outside to other hair loss forums (e.g. immortalhair.com), you’ll be surprised to find quite a few posters have been able to control their hair loss with a regimen of natural supplements.

May we continue to grow!

TN