Prediction: follica will fail

I think Acell could potentially hold just as much HM potential as the Follica project.

I’d be very curious about what happens to a dermabraded scalp area with that stuff applied during the healing process.

» I think Acell could potentially hold just as much HM potential as the
» Follica project.
»
» I’d be very curious about what happens to a dermabraded scalp area with
» that stuff applied during the healing process.

Good point Cal. What ever happened to Acell? Are any doctors looking at actually using this or is it still only FDA approved for use by vets?

» » I think Acell could potentially hold just as much HM potential as the
» » Follica project.
» »
» » I’d be very curious about what happens to a dermabraded scalp area with
» » that stuff applied during the healing process.
»
» Good point Cal. What ever happened to Acell? Are any doctors looking at
» actually using this or is it still only FDA approved for use by vets?

It’s still only approved for use by vets. It will be approved for human use later this year. Don’t put too much hope in it just yet…don’t take a chance at being let down again!

Yeah, we’ll know a lot more in another year.

Without getting stupid hopes up, I think it sounds very promising for us.

Maybe it’ll heal the MPB-shut-down follicles back to their pre-MPB state if you damage them with heavy dermabrasion first. That would be Follica-style HM.

Or maybe it’ll be able to better regenerate hairs in FUE extraction wounds, like when follicles get transected. That would offer at least some amount of HM benefits too.

Or maybe Acell can’t ever regrow a single hair, but it can close strip wounds with much visble scarring and allow FUE-implanted hairs to grow in the scars much better. That would solve many of the problems with getting extensive strip HTs.

I think it’s very likely that we will get something beneficial out of this stuff one way or the other.

» I think Acell could potentially hold just as much HM potential as the
» Follica project.
»
» I’d be very curious about what happens to a dermabraded scalp area with
» that stuff applied during the healing process.

i think at the best, with any dermabrasion process, you’re gonna get patchy results.

just think about it a little bit - can u really picture a full head of hair, or anything like it, coming from a process that involves dermabrading the damn scalp???

patchy results, at best

then the question becomes, does repeating the procedure give u more hair, or does it just degrade and ruin the new follicles that grew?

I can’t envision even under the best conditions that a dermabrading procedure is gonna produce a full head of hair,

the hair will be VERY patchy and minimal at best!

i think at the best, with any dermabrasion process, you’re gonna get patchy results.

just think about it a little bit - can u really picture a full head of hair, or anything like it, coming from a process that involves dermabrading the damn scalp???

patchy results, at best

then the question becomes, does repeating the procedure give u more hair, or does it just degrade and ruin the new follicles that grew?

I can’t envision even under the best conditions that a dermabrading procedure is gonna produce a full head of hair,

the hair will be VERY patchy and minimal at best!

thanks Dr Phil.

» i think at the best, with any dermabrasion
» process, you’re gonna get patchy results.
»
» just think about it a little bit - can u really picture a full head of
» hair, or anything like it, coming from a process that involves dermabrading
» the damn scalp???
»
» patchy results, at best
»
» then the question becomes, does repeating the procedure give u more hair,
» or does it just degrade and ruin the new follicles that grew?
»
» I can’t envision even under the best conditions that a dermabrading
» procedure is gonna produce a full head of hair,
»
» the hair will be VERY patchy and minimal at best!
»
» thanks Dr Phil.
»

thanks, rev Jim

I’d a lot sooner believe dermabrasion will produce hair consistently, as opposed to taking a needle full of hair cells and trying to literally hit every dead hair follicle on my whole head one at a time with injections. That’s more or less the process that ICX is trying to sell.

And if any dermabrasion-with-meds process had worked to benefit a miniaturizing follicle at all the first time, then it’ll probably benefit more each time the process is done on it (assuming a reasonable healing period in between).

It could be tedious if it takes several times to get good hair out of an area this way. But then again, we spend almost A YEAR looking like crap waiting for a $15,000 transplant to grow out and give us a few thousand grafts, don’t we? It’s not like a few rounds of medicated dermabrasion would be any worse than that process.

» » i think at the best, with any dermabrasion
» » process, you’re gonna get patchy results.
» »
» » just think about it a little bit - can u really picture a full head of
» » hair, or anything like it, coming from a process that involves
» dermabrading
» » the damn scalp???
» »
» » patchy results, at best
» »
» » then the question becomes, does repeating the procedure give u more
» hair,
» » or does it just degrade and ruin the new follicles that grew?
» »
» » I can’t envision even under the best conditions that a dermabrading
» » procedure is gonna produce a full head of hair,
» »
» » the hair will be VERY patchy and minimal at best!
» »
» » thanks Dr Phil.
» »
»
»
»
» thanks, rev Jim