Prediction: follica will fail

prediction: Follica will fail

Why?

here are the reasons. believe me i have thought this out!

1. Cotsarelis wouldn’t have sold the rights so early if it really had promise

2. the company he sold the rights to looks good on paper, but it’s really a kind of scam

3. that lady Daphne Zohar who is in charge of the company has no real experience in biotech, she doesn’t even have a biotech or medical related degree of any type, she may not even have any advanced degree whatsoever (look at all the bios of her!) Read between the lines, look at ALL her bios very carefully, she is someone who it appears used her family’s money and connections to create a bunch of companies in the Boston area, none of them very successful, one was an olive oil company, one was a purse for women’s nylons, one product she built a company around was for some kind of running shoe for horses! Not really biotech related. And in the videos of her speaking about the subject, MPB, she has no real detailed scientific knowledge, it is all generalities!

I repeat, Cotsarelis is working on a lot of things, and wouldn’t have sold the rights to her so early or so easily if this thing really had promise!!

1. you have to “wound” the scalp first… what about people who aren’t totally bald (NW 7) yet… wounding their scalp might destroy their existing hair. Not sure about this point but it is worth considering.

2. Has ONLY been tested on mice/rodents so far. NO TESTING has been done on humans…

3. If you look very closely at their claims and statements, they have no idea whatsoever of what kind of results this thing will produce!

4. It will definitely require FDA clinical trials! People who are saying it won’t require trials have no idea of what they’re talking about. This means even if it does work (to whatever degree), it will come years and years after HM hits the market.

5. Cotsarelis is someone who is ALWAYS working on research… this is just his latest little find. He is a business man, he is researching things and selling the rights to them right away, as he finds them, he is good at spin and making money off of something right away.

6. they have NO IDEA what the hell they’re gonna inject or pour on the wounded skin. Stimulator drugs??! Vitamins??! Rogaine??? What?!? Maybe they should just wound the scalp and then inject cells… but oh yeah, that would be HM! Whatever they do put on the skin will have to be reviewed by the FDA, taking years.

And I repeat one last time, the biggest reason is that if he had really discovered something amazing he would have never sold the rights to a little dinky startup company like this which is run by an inexperienced (in biotech) woman with flimsy credentials!

If you don’t believe me about Daphne’s credentials, LOOK AT THEM CAREFULLY… that’s right, I mean read them carefully, on all sources, and then get back to me!!!

people fear baldbaby

Glad to see that you are upbeat and optimistic. You are a “glass is half empty” kind of guy, aren’t you?

nearly everything you wrote there is made up by yourself and pretty much false.

I can tell you clearly haven’t done much research on follica’s methods.

Points: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 9 (I’m not including point 2 and 8 because I know little about Daphne Zohar and her other projects or Cotsarelis other projects, but what you wrote seems doubtful)

1. Cotsarelis may have had a very good reason to sell the rights early on if he believed it would be successful. off the top of my head he could of believed it would be so successful that he thought there would be no point waiting around, after all their trial is only due to last around a year and a half!

2. Its highly doubtful it is a scam. You only have too look at the credentials of some of the people involved and the media attention this has gotten compared to others.
Also Daphne Zohar is not the only person involved in the development of this.

4. About wounding the scalp: they are going to perform dermabrasion which undoubtedly will not damage existing follicles as it is not deep enough.

5. They technically haven’t just tested on rodents as they have shown results on human scalp skin grafted onto a mouse, the only thing to differentiate scalp skin on the mice they used and scalp skin on a human is the immune system and androgens (they have listed ways to possibly get around this).

6.They have a very good idea of what results they are going to produce.

7. About them not needing FDA approval, they are using drugs that are already approved, they are not using anything that is untested and have just created a different way to use them.
They will need to, and are going to go through a trial that deals with both safety and efficacy and if all goes well they will need at most a small review which may or may not involve the FDA.

9. About the drugs they are using, they do know what they are going to use and they are all pretty much listed in their patents. they even have variations on the different compounds they plan to use.

» prediction: Follica will fail
»
» Why?
»
» here are the reasons. believe me i have thought this out!
»
» 1) Cotsarelis wouldn’t have sold the rights so early if it really had
» promise
»
» 2) the company he sold the rights to looks good on paper, but it’s really
» a kind of scam
»
» 3) that lady Daphne Zohar who is in charge of the company has no real
» experience in biotech, she doesn’t even have a biotech or medical related
» degree of any type, she may not even have any advanced degree whatsoever
» (look at all the bios of her!) Read between the lines, look at ALL her
» bios very carefully, she is someone who it appears used her family’s money
» and connections to create a bunch of companies in the Boston area, none of
» them very successful, one was an olive oil company, one was a purse for
» women’s nylons, one product she built a company around was for some kind of
» running shoe for horses! Not really biotech related. And in the videos
» of her speaking about the subject, MPB, she has no real detailed scientific
» knowledge, it is all generalities!
»
» I repeat, Cotsarelis is working on a lot of things, and wouldn’t have sold
» the rights to her so early or so easily if this thing really had promise!!
»
» 4) you have to “wound” the scalp first… what about people who aren’t
» totally bald (NW 7) yet… wounding their scalp might destroy their
» existing hair. Not sure about this point but it is worth considering.
»
» 5) Has ONLY been tested on mice/rodents so far. NO TESTING has been done
» on humans…
»
» 6) If you look very closely at their claims and statements, they have no
» idea whatsoever of what kind of results this thing will produce!
»
» 7) It will definitely require FDA clinical trials! People who are saying
» it won’t require trials have no idea of what they’re talking about. This
» means even if it does work (to whatever degree), it will come years and
» years after HM hits the market.
»
» 8) Cotsarelis is someone who is ALWAYS working on research… this is just
» his latest little find. He is a business man, he is researching things
» and selling the rights to them right away, as he finds them, he is good at
» spin and making money off of something right away.
»
» 9) they have NO IDEA what the hell they’re gonna inject or pour on the
» wounded skin. Stimulator drugs??! Vitamins??! Rogaine??? What?!?
» Maybe they should just wound the scalp and then inject cells… but oh
» yeah, that would be HM! Whatever they do put on the skin will have to be
» reviewed by the FDA, taking years.

»
» And I repeat one last time, the biggest reason is that if he had really
» discovered something amazing he would have never sold the rights to a
» little dinky startup company like this which is run by an inexperienced (in
» biotech) woman with flimsy credentials!
»
» If you don’t believe me about Daphne’s credentials, LOOK AT THEM
» CAREFULLY… that’s right, I mean read them carefully, on all sources, and
» then get back to me!!!
»
» —
»
» people fear baldbaby

Just curious BB- what are you holding out for on this forum? The idea that Cotsarelis is a sell out is just ludicrious. He is employed by U of Penn and is given grant money for research. I dont believe he is allowed to capitilize off this research anyway…I maybe wrong but that seems like an extreme case of conflict of interest if he is able unless he has some clause in his contract which I would think highly unusual.

And what I’ve read about this little start up company Pure Tech, well that’s not entirely true either. It appears to be a joint venture between several reputable companies with some very prominent people on the board. 5 million isn’t chicken scratch for a “start up”. Anyways all the best to your hair-loss endeavors.

» Just curious BB- what are you holding out for on this forum? The idea that
» Cotsarelis is a sell out is just ludicrious. He is employed by U of Penn
» and is given grant money for research. I dont believe he is allowed to
» capitilize off this research anyway…I maybe wrong but that seems like an
» extreme case of conflict of interest if he is able unless he has some
» clause in his contract which I would think highly unusual.

ok I think HM will probably be the “cure”… however I am very disappointed by ICX’s so-called “results” and I think they are hiding the fact that their results have been much less than spectacular. I also think that something political is holding up HM trials in the USA. Why no trials in the US so far? Where the fvck is Aderans? Remember them??? Held up by political HT industry BS, politics & behind the scenes lobbying?

I’m not saying Costarelis is a fraud. He’s definitely a serious researcher. Very smart man, very well experienced, knows his shyte. However he runs through research studies the way most people run through underpants. Every year or so he makes another huge “discovery”. If you don’t believe me, go back thru the past 4-5 years and see all the stuff he’s put out. Every year or so he makes this big announcement, that comes out in the media, that he’s discovered the “cure” for baldness.

This is definitely not the first time he’s even announced a cure. Lots of networks and newspapers have picked up stories about Costarelis in the past 4-5 years, and each time it’s a slightly different (or majorly different) discovery, and each time they say it’s the “cure for baldness”. ANd each time it’s Cotsarelis.

In this particular instance, he licensed (sold) the discovery to a small, no-name biotech company run by Daphne Zohar, a lady who basically leads an investment team (of her father’s professional contacts from Mass General Hostpital), that has specifically been reported to review like 15 different biotech ideas A DAY…

So she sits there and reviews all these biotech pitches for her little biotech VC firm, and what? She picks out the ones that seem to have the most $$$ potential. But she makes her decisions based on speculation, and kind of puffs the ideas on videos and emphasizes the cosmetic angles… like with Follica. I can already see what they’re thinking of with Follica, this will be more like a “cosmetic cure” like the laser comb or some kind of shampoo that “invigorates” the scalp… when it comes down to it, the pitch will be that this Follica procedure (if it is ever passed by the FDA), will “invigorate” and “stimulate” the scalp somehow, to “enable and promote better hair growth”.

In short, it will NOT be the answer… it will NOT be the cure, far from it. It will NOT grow lots of new hair… It is just another random discovery by Cotsarelis in a longstanding stream of regular discoveries he makes, like he’s cranking them out on a conveyor belt every few months, throwing lots of shyte at the wall and seeing what sticks…

This is where Cotsarelis “the business man” comes into play. He’s a real scientist, a real resarcher no doubt, but also a big shrewd business man who plays both angles… science and business… kind of like Gho, only much more connected and well qualified than Gho. But same kind of shyte. Same pitching dubious “baldness cures” as business opportunities.

» » Just curious BB- what are you holding out for on this forum? The idea
» that
» » Cotsarelis is a sell out is just ludicrious. He is employed by U of Penn
»
» » and is given grant money for research. I dont believe he is allowed to
» » capitilize off this research anyway…I maybe wrong but that seems like
» an
» » extreme case of conflict of interest if he is able unless he has some
» » clause in his contract which I would think highly unusual.
»
»
» ok I think HM will probably be the “cure”… however I am very
» disappointed by ICX’s so-called “results” and I think they are hiding the
» fact that their results have been much less than spectacular. I also
» think that something political is holding up HM trials in the USA. Why no
» trials in the US so far? Where the fvck is Aderans? Remember them???
» Held up by political HT industry BS, politics & behind the scenes
» lobbying?
»

The cure? The cure for you maybe. HM, the way ICX presents it, is totally dependent on the condition of your donor DP cells. Well that maybe fine for you, but what about those of us with thin, crappy donor hair which BTW probably represents a substantial part of the MPB population. This is far from a “cure” for us and that is why I am so encouraged by this technology that actually creates HF from brand new stem cells. This to me is far closer to a potential cure for EVERYBODY.

BTW- can you give me the links to some of the other times Cotsaralis made claims that he cured baldness?

» » Just curious BB- what are you holding out for on this forum? The idea
» that
» » Cotsarelis is a sell out is just ludicrious. He is employed by U of Penn
»
» » and is given grant money for research. I dont believe he is allowed to
» » capitilize off this research anyway…I maybe wrong but that seems like
» an
» » extreme case of conflict of interest if he is able unless he has some
» » clause in his contract which I would think highly unusual.
»
»
» ok I think HM will probably be the “cure”… however I am very
» disappointed by ICX’s so-called “results” and I think they are hiding the
» fact that their results have been much less than spectacular. I also
» think that something political is holding up HM trials in the USA. Why no
» trials in the US so far? Where the fvck is Aderans? Remember them???
» Held up by political HT industry BS, politics & behind the scenes
» lobbying?
»
» I’m not saying Costarelis is a fraud. He’s definitely a serious
» researcher. Very smart man, very well experienced, knows his shyte.
» However he runs through research studies the way most people run through
» underpants. Every year or so he makes another huge “discovery”. If you
» don’t believe me, go back thru the past 4-5 years and see all the stuff
» he’s put out. Every year or so he makes this big announcement, that comes
» out in the media, that he’s discovered the “cure” for baldness.
»
» This is definitely not the first time he’s even announced a cure. Lots of
» networks and newspapers have picked up stories about Costarelis in the past
» 4-5 years, and each time it’s a slightly different (or majorly different)
» discovery, and each time they say it’s the “cure for baldness”. ANd each
» time it’s Cotsarelis.
»
» In this particular instance, he licensed (sold) the discovery to a small,
» no-name biotech company run by Daphne Zohar, a lady who basically leads an
» investment team (of her father’s professional contacts from Mass General
» Hostpital), that has specifically been reported to review like 15 different
» biotech ideas A DAY…
»
» So she sits there and reviews all these biotech pitches for her little
» biotech VC firm, and what? She picks out the ones that seem to have the
» most $$$ potential. But she makes her decisions based on speculation, and
» kind of puffs the ideas on videos and emphasizes the cosmetic angles…
» like with Follica. I can already see what they’re thinking of with
» Follica, this will be more like a “cosmetic cure” like the laser comb or
» some kind of shampoo that “invigorates” the scalp… when it comes down
» to it, the pitch will be that this Follica procedure (if it is ever passed
» by the FDA), will “invigorate” and “stimulate” the scalp somehow, to
» “enable and promote better hair growth”.
»
» In short, it will NOT be the answer… it will NOT be the cure, far from
» it. It will NOT grow lots of new hair… It is just another random
» discovery by Cotsarelis in a longstanding stream of regular discoveries he
» makes, like he’s cranking them out on a conveyor belt every few months,
» throwing lots of shyte at the wall and seeing what sticks…
»
» This is where Cotsarelis “the business man” comes into play. He’s a real
» scientist, a real resarcher no doubt, but also a big shrewd business man
» who plays both angles… science and business… kind of like Gho, only
» much more connected and well qualified than Gho. But same kind of shyte.
» Same pitching dubious “baldness cures” as business opportunities.

Absolute rubish!

Have you even looked at the patents on their methods???

They have shown that this method will induce the same hair follicle formation as that of a fetus, in other words this will create hair as your body would naturally when your body is developing for the first time (i.e full head of hair).
picture your scalp being born for a second time lol.

There is a huge amount of evidence to suggest this will work, on the contrary to your post. this is nothing like what ICX are doing with injecting DP cells that can only be a filler for a HT.

yes there is a chance it will fail, we shall see when they start human trials but looking at the evidence so far I’m very confident this will work.

Also, so what if Cotsarelis makes a lot of discoveries, its not as if he thought this up one day of the top his head and sold it on based on an idea, this has been and is continuing to be thoroughly tested.

you sound like a conspiracy theorist!

» BTW- can you give me the links to some of the other times Cotsaralis made
» claims that he cured baldness?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/baldness-cure-gets-nearer-after-follicle-cell-transplants-on-mice-566364.html

Totally different discovery. Different year, different shyte with Costie Baby. But always, always, a “cure for baldness” !

» » BTW- can you give me the links to some of the other times Cotsaralis
» made
» » claims that he cured baldness?
»
» http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/baldness-cure-gets-nearer-after-follicle-cell-transplants-on-mice-566364.html
»
» Totally different discovery. Different year, different shyte with Costie
» Baby. But always, always, a “cure for baldness” !

"By Steve Connor, Science Editor
Monday, 15 March 2004

A cure for baldness has come a step closer with the discovery of the vital skin cells that are responsible for producing a good head of hair.

A cure for baldness has come a step closer with the discovery of the vital skin cells that are responsible for producing a good head of hair.

Scientists have also identified the genes that are active in the stem cells of the hair follicles that are responsible for generating body hair.

In experiments on mice, the researchers were able to transplant the stem cells of one animal’s hair follicles to enable the hair to grow on the bald patches of another mouse.

George Cotsarelis, assistant professor of dermatology at Pennsylvania School of Medicine in Philadelphia, said that the study could lead to new ways of treating hair loss in humans through drugs or surgery.

“This may lead to a new type of tissue engineering for treating baldness - for example, isolating hair follicle stem cells from the scalp and reconstituting hair follicles in bald areas,” Dr Cotsarelis said. “I can’t predict the future but this type of research certainly opens new avenues for developing new treatments for baldness.”

The study, published in the journal Nature Biotechnology, isolated the stem cells within the bulbous follicle at the base of a hair shaft. Sometimes these follicles go into a permanent resting phase, halting hair regeneration. When the researchers transplanted the stem cells into the skin of other mice, hair follicles began to re-grow within four weeks.

“Now that we can isolate stem cells involved in hair growth, we can develop targets for manipulating hair growth,” Dr Cotsarelis said.

The research could also lead to treatments for burns victims where skin re-growth is needed."

Not once is there a claim of a cure, they simply say it is a step closer.
To me it just looks like progresion to where they are now.

» Absolute rubish!
»
» Have you even looked at the patents on their methods???
»
» They have shown that this method will induce the same hair follicle
» formation as that of a fetus, in other words this will create hair as your
» body would naturally when your body is developing for the first time (i.e
» full head of hair).
» picture your scalp being born for a second time lol.

hope u know that having a patent doesn’t = having a working procedure.

a patent is just a registration of the PROCESS, that gives the inventor or owner exclusive rights to it.

to get a patent u don’t have to prove the idea works.

if they had to prove that for every patent the patent office would be crushed by work and shut down immediately!

of course they can say it replicates embryology… yes, in theory it certainly does. It probably does do that… but it’s a long way from saying that and showing it under a microscope or whatever, and proving it 'll work on your head and create a whole new head of hair.

it’s like, yeah, the procedure replicates the embryonic steps … but the results it produces are iffy … spotty and sketchy …

The question is not if it can work at all, but will it work well enough to actually create a full head of hair?

in my opinion very doubtful.

I may be wrong but this has all the markings of an effort by Costie Baby to run a bunch of random discoveries off his factory conveyor belt and sell them one by one. THis is not a conflict of interest really and he’ll never be stopped by the Uni of Penn because the people in charge will never understand the science enough to decide whether Costie is selling real cures or snake oils … or something in-between.

ANd in any event, the University probably always gets a cut of any sale or licensing deal he makes, so they’ll be happy and never complain!

»
» There is a huge amount of evidence to suggest this will work, on the
» contrary to your post. this is nothing like what ICX are doing with
» injecting DP cells that can only be a filler for a HT.
»
» yes there is a chance it will fail, we shall see when they start human
» trials but looking at the evidence so far I’m very confident this will
» work.
»
» Also, so what if Cotsarelis makes a lot of discoveries, its not as if he
» thought this up one day of the top his head and sold it on based on an
» idea, this has been and is continuing to be thoroughly tested.
»
» you sound like a conspiracy theorist!

» hope u know that having a patent doesn’t = having a working procedure.

Of course.

» a patent is just a registration of the PROCESS, that gives the inventor or
» owner exclusive rights to it.

» to get a patent u don’t have to prove the idea works.

Yes, but it has been proven to work both in mice and mice with grafted on human scalp skin.

» if they had to prove that for every patent the patent office would be
» crushed by work and shut down immediately!

Thats going a bit far.

» of course they can say it replicates embryology… yes, in theory it
» certainly does. It probably does do that… but it’s a long way from
» saying that and showing it under a microscope or whatever
, and proving it’ll work on your head and create a whole new head of hair.

They have already showed it creates embryonic like growth using pictures taken under a microscope. unfortunately on a mouse with human skin and not an actual human.

» it’s like, yeah, the procedure replicates the embryonic steps … but the
» results it produces are iffy … spotty and sketchy …

Well if that was the case then why aren’t babies born with iffy, spotty ans sketchy patches of hair growth?

» The question is not if it can work at all, but will it work well enough to
» actually create a full head of hair?

» in my opinion very doubtful.

Well that is what they believe and it is looking likely, so far they have shown to grow thick natural hair on a mouse with human skin, the only thing that differentiates this from an actual human is the immune system and androgens, If these things cause problems in trials they have listed ways to get around this, after all the human immune system can be suppressed and androgens reduced.

» I may be wrong but this has all the markings of an effort by Costie Baby
» to run a bunch of random discoveries off his factory conveyor belt and sell
» them one by one. THis is not a conflict of interest really and he’ll
» never be stopped by the Uni of Penn because the people in charge will never
» understand the science enough to decide whether Costie is selling real
» cures or snake oils … or something in-between.

» ANd in any event, the University probably always gets a cut of any sale or
» licensing deal he makes, so they’ll be happy and never complain!

Conspiracy…unlikely

Even with this one (follica), they are not saying outright “a cure”.

Of course not. They would know better than that.

But I think Costie Baby is a little too guilty of bandying around that kind of language.

When he talks to these press people, I think the words “cure for baldness” def come up in their conversations!

All press people would also know better than to brand any discovery a “cure for baldness” in their reports. They never say outright any discovery is a “cure”.

Much more often what happens is you see them playing fast and loose with that language… “could be a cure”… “a step closer to a cure”… etc etc etc.

Costie Baby is researching shyte every day and every time he comes up with something that looks like a landmark step, he calls the media and has a discussion with the reporters… and he uses language like “could be a cure”… “step closer to a cure”…

…and then the reporters write that.

same thing every time.

this time is no different. no one’s saying follica is a cure. but they’re using that kind of tempting language to create an impression.

look much closer at this Daphne Zohar chick and her background, and exactly what she’s saying on her videos, and it looks a bit different.

Looks like something they’re gonna market as an indefinite, cosmetic “enhancement”, something that will vaguely stimulate your scalp and “encourage hair growth”.

BUt this does NOT look like a miracle that’s gonna account for a brand new head of hair on your scalp.

Call me naive but i think i’m right about this.

» » hope u know that having a patent doesn’t = having a working procedure.
»
» Of course.
»
» » a patent is just a registration of the PROCESS, that gives the inventor
» or
» » owner exclusive rights to it.
»
» » to get a patent u don’t have to prove the idea works.
»
» Yes, but it has been proven to work both in mice and mice with
» grafted on human scalp skin.
»
»
» » if they had to prove that for every patent the patent office would be
» » crushed by work and shut down immediately!
»
» Thats going a bit far.
»
» » of course they can say it replicates embryology… yes, in theory it
» » certainly does. It probably does do that… but it’s a long way
» from
» » saying that and showing it under a microscope or whatever
, and
» proving it’ll work on your head and create a whole new head of hair.
»
» They have already showed it creates embryonic like growth using
» pictures taken under a microscope. unfortunately on a mouse with human skin
» and not an actual human.
»
» » it’s like, yeah, the procedure replicates the embryonic steps … but
» the
» » results it produces are iffy … spotty and sketchy …
»
» Well if that was the case then why aren’t babies born with
» iffy, spotty ans sketchy patches of hair growth?
»
» » The question is not if it can work at all, but will it work well enough
» to
» » actually create a full head of hair?
»
» » in my opinion very doubtful.
»
» Well that is what they believe and it is looking likely, so far
» they have shown to grow thick natural hair on a mouse with human skin, the
» only thing that differentiates this from an actual human is the immune
» system and androgens, If these things cause problems in trials they have
» listed ways to get around this, after all the human immune system can be
» suppressed and androgens reduced.
»
»
» » I may be wrong but this has all the markings of an effort by Costie
» Baby
» » to run a bunch of random discoveries off his factory conveyor belt and
» sell
» » them one by one. THis is not a conflict of interest really and he’ll
» » never be stopped by the Uni of Penn because the people in charge will
» never
» » understand the science enough to decide whether Costie is selling real
» » cures or snake oils … or something in-between.
»
» » ANd in any event, the University probably always gets a cut of any sale
» or
» » licensing deal he makes, so they’ll be happy and never complain!
»
» Conspiracy…unlikely

If even 1 percent of the ideas that are patented come to fruition its rare…ideas that involve technology as complicated as this, are even more doomed to fail

but guys on the board need something to hold on to…so this follica provides another hope they can cling to

» Even with this one (follica), they are not saying outright “a cure”.
»
» Of course not. They would know better than that.
»
» But I think Costie Baby is a little too guilty of bandying around that
» kind of language.
»
» When he talks to these press people, I think the words “cure for baldness”
» def come up in their conversations!
»
» All press people would also know better than to brand any discovery a
» “cure for baldness” in their reports. They never say outright any
» discovery is a “cure”.
»
» Much more often what happens is you see them playing fast and loose with
» that language… “could be a cure”… “a step closer to a cure”… etc
» etc etc.
»
» Costie Baby is researching shyte every day and every time he comes up with
» something that looks like a landmark step, he calls the media and has a
» discussion with the reporters… and he uses language like “could be a
» cure”… “step closer to a cure”…
»
» …and then the reporters write that.
»
» same thing every time.
»
» this time is no different. no one’s saying follica is a cure. but
» they’re using that kind of tempting language to create an impression.

Do you realize that an outright cure is very, very unlikely to be just discovered one day.
Everything that Costeralis has and is doing is progressive they have to start somewhere and build it up.
They are saying these new discoveries are “one step closer” because that is exactly what they are.
If you look at that article you posted, that was dated 2004 and was dealing with stem cells, now look at follicas method, this is also using stem cells. their research and technology needs to be developed and this takes time.
As you know MPB is not easy to cure and is still not fully understood so they have to approach it from different angles and hope for the best, if a promising discovery is made then it is developed further, thus making it “one step closer” it’s not marketing but fact.

» look much closer at this Daphne Zohar chick and her background, and
» exactly what she’s saying on her videos, and it looks a bit different.
»
» Looks like something they’re gonna market as an indefinite, cosmetic
» “enhancement”, something that will vaguely stimulate your scalp and
» “encourage hair growth”.

You need to read more about the actual science behind what they plan to do.

» BUt this does NOT look like a miracle that’s gonna account for a brand new
» head of hair on your scalp.

That is exactly what it looks like. (if it infact does work on people, I believe it will work very well or not work at all)

» Call me naive but i think i’m right about this.

I don’t think so.

» If even 1 percent of the ideas that are patented come to fruition its
» rare…ideas that involve technology as complicated as this, are even
» more doomed to fail

the organs they are trying to grow are extremely complicated, the technology however is not that complicated.

So you also think Follica will fail? If so, please elaborate on your reasons.
This is different to what ICX and Gho where trying to do.

Anyway we will see for ourselves when human trials are over.

» but guys on the board need something to hold on to…so this
» follica provides another hope they can cling to.

Maybe for some, not for all.

I know this may not work at all,
but you have to admit, this does seem like (to me anyway, I don’t know if you have done much research on the subject) the most promising treatment for MPB so far.

» » If even 1 percent of the ideas that are patented come to fruition its
» » rare…ideas that involve technology as complicated as this, are
» even
» » more doomed to fail
»
» the organs they are trying to grow are extremely complicated, the
» technology however is not that complicated.

Problem is if u “read between the lines” on all this, this company is not all that confident and straightforward that this will be anything approaching a “cure”.

The whole gang starting with the Zohar chick seems to be implying that this will be a kind of cosmetic thing. Sort of a procedure that will “encourage” hair growth. Kind of like a hyper-stimulation of the scalp, like an industrial strength sandpapering job, carried on under medical conditions in a doctor’s office, in combination with some kind of vague chemical growth enhancers, that will have to be studied, reviewed, and accepted by the FDA in any event…

Read between the lines, guys…

WHy the f-ck did Cotsie baby sell this shyte so fast to Follica/Pure Tech???

If this were the final answer to everything and the thing that has the hope of putting a full head of hair on bald people’s heads, would Costie Baby really have sold the whole dang thing to a small, unheard of biotech investment co. (Pure Tech) that goes ahead and starts a brand new start up (Follica) to pursue it?

Headed by some chick who has a Bachelors of something (marketing?) from Northeastern U. in Boston (not exactly an Ivy League school… far from it!) who milked her Daddy’s medical and biotech connections from Mass General Hospital, to keep on starting start ups for weird shyte like olive oil and horse running shoes?

Isn’t this just her latest little random project, which will probably disintegrate into some kind of cosmetic treatment… come in and get your scalp dermabraded, baldies, and watch hair grow … NOT.

SO you go in and get your scalp dermabraded and all bloody and shyte, and they throw some chemicals on your scalp… and wow… a month later, you get a few random hairs poking out from the scabs… far from a full head of hair… far, far from a full head of hair.

how many times u gonna do it???

Your just being ridiculous now.

» Problem is if u “read between the lines” on all this, this company is not
» all that confident and straightforward that this will be anything
» approaching a “cure”.

Everything I have read is just the opposite of this.

» The whole gang starting with the Zohar chick seems to be implying that
» this will be a kind of cosmetic thing. Sort of a procedure that will
» “encourage” hair growth. Kind of like a hyper-stimulation of the scalp,
» like an industrial strength sandpapering job, carried on under medical
» conditions in a doctor’s office, in combination with some kind of vague
» chemical growth enhancers, that will have to be studied, reviewed, and
» accepted by the FDA in any event…

When has the “whole gang” said this?

All drugs used in the procedure are already FDA approved. It’s just a new way of using them. The procedure as a whole may need to be reviewed but it wont need the full on FDA approval process as your thinking.

» Read between the lines, guys…
»
» WHy the f-ck did Cotsie baby sell this shyte so fast to Follica/Pure
» Tech???

I got this from the follicabio website:

“Follica co-founder, Dr. George Cotsarelis”
" George Cotsarelis, MD, Co-Founder & Scientific Advisory Board Member"

To me this looks like he hasn’t sold anything and is still involved.

» If this were the final answer to everything and the thing that has the
» hope of putting a full head of hair on bald people’s heads, would Costie
» Baby really have sold the whole dang thing to a small, unheard of biotech
» investment co. (Pure Tech) that goes ahead and starts a brand new start up
» (Follica) to pursue it?
»
» Headed by some chick who has a Bachelors of something (marketing?) from
» Northeastern U. in Boston (not exactly an Ivy League school… far from
» it!) who milked her Daddy’s medical and biotech connections from Mass
» General Hospital, to keep on starting start ups for weird shyte like olive
» oil and horse running shoes?
»
» Isn’t this just her latest little random project, which will probably
» disintegrate into some kind of cosmetic treatment… come in and get your
» scalp dermabraded, baldies, and watch hair grow … NOT.
»
» SO you go in and get your scalp dermabraded and all bloody and shyte, and
» they throw some chemicals on your scalp… and wow… a month later, you
» get a few random hairs poking out… far from a full head of hair… far,
» far from a full head of hair.

» how many times u gonna do it???

All research so far suggests that it would be (if it indeed does work) be more than “just a few random hairs poking out”.
Dermabrasion doesn’t get your scalp “bloody” and it wont damage existing follicles as they are too deep.

just look at this picture to get an idea:

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/microdermabrasion-2.gif

Double post.

Failure is definitely the safest prediction for Follica simply because all of the ‘promising’ treatments for MPB in the past have failed. We should all be skeptical of Follica, but not just needlessly pessimistic. Remember that everyone on this forum is here for the same reason: the possibility of a new treatment.

Here is the bio of Zabriskie:

Dr. Zabriskie, a co-founder and Partner of PureTech. He is past chairman of the board, CEO and president of NEN Life Science Products, Inc., a leading supplier of kits for labeling and detection of DNA. At NEN Dr. Zabriskie led the successful turnaround and sale of the company in a transaction that generated 20x return for the investors that backed him. Prior to joining NEN, Dr. Zabriskie was President and CEO of Pharmacia and Upjohn, Inc., a Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company formed by the merger of Pharmacia AB of Sweden and the Upjohn Company of Kalamazoo, Michigan. As Chairman of the Board and CEO of the Upjohn Company, Dr. Zabriskie led the Upjohn project, which resulted in the $12 billion merger of equals. Prior to joining Upjohn in 1994, Dr. Zabriskie was Executive Vice President of Merck and Co., Inc. Dr. Zabriskie was a member of the US Healthcare Leadership Council, and has served on a number of boards for healthcare and academic institutions including being one of the founding investors and board members of Momenta. He currently serves on the boards of the Kellogg Co., Cellicon Biotechnologies, Protein Forest, Array BioPharma, and ARCA Discovery. Dr. Zabriskie is a native of Aurora, NY and received his AB in chemistry from Dartmouth College in 1961 and his PhD in organic chemistry from the University of Rochester (NY) in 1965.

So we have Zabriskie vs. L. Lee Bosley (the guy who will ultimately control what ICX delivers) and a WIG COMPANY from Japan that ultimately will decide the fate of TRC and whatever Aderans has come up with. Who would be more in tune with the science?

By the way…only John the Relevator (hint) had previously brought up Zohar’s background (on which I’ll check up on in just a second). She is an entrepreneur. Baldness is a big money business, and she is interested. You dont think Richard Branson could build an airplane do you? Me either, but he is the head of Virgin Airlines, so who gives a schmuck.