"Praying": BHT REPAIR, Hairpiece, hairline and temple hair transplant

»
» Heliboy,
»
» Your hair appears to be very natural from the video, it doesn’t look like
» body hair, what if you grew your hair long, will that make any difference?
» will the hair also appear just as natural? who would have thought, we
» can put chest hair on our scalp :slight_smile:

I would be curious to know what it looks like grown out long as well. If it takes on the characteristics of the other hair. Still looks great as is!!

I haven’t posted much on the forum lately because hair loss isnt the issue for me as it used to be when I began seraching for answers. I actually owe HairSite a great deal of gratitude because this forum is where I learned of Dr Umar at the time he was beginning his work with body hair. I hope that I cover each of the questions mentioned above:

My history is extensive and well covered through previous post on HairSite. Long story short strip procedures by various M.Ds in the 1990’s left my scalp full of pitting/overall failed growth pattern/ and not to put it lightly huge /wide / deep strip scars wrapped from ear to ear. After the failed growth and extensive scarring I then sought out wearing a hairpiece to cover the damage. I wore the hairpiece for almost 14 years until Dr Umar began his work with BHT restoration in 2005.

As far as the surface area Dr Umar has completely restored /lowered my hairline/temples to a great pattern as it appears now- . My entrre scalp in the balding area and the stip scars were covered starting with chest hair -then moving on to leg hair - yes a couple hundred pubic hair for those who like to laugh and make jokes at such / and arm hair. My chest initially provided upwards of 8000+ grafts to begin filling in the necessary areas.

After 3 seperate and very extensive trips to see Dr Umar for seperate phases of work he decided to use some remaining scalp hair (approx. 2000) to redesign my temple/hairline. He wanted to wait until the last phase to use sany scalp hair for the hairline area due to its density /characteristics.

I am personally a big fan as in my case of using both scalp hair where appropriate and body hair as filler hair to achieve results. I will also include beard hair into that equation now that it is such a viable source so closely related to scalp hair (Beard hair wasnt being extracted at the time of my original restoration work in 2005).

My hair as seen in the video is cut very uniform as I like it to a #3 guard on top and no guard on the sides/back. I have let my hair grow out slightly longer but I have a personal favoritism for the short /uniform cut so I choose to keep it that. way. So the BHT /beard hair will grow out - this was seen very closely and up close with the repair patient (Flash )that was in terrible shape. His case was quite remarkable.

One thing to remember and learn - Body hair is best used as filler hair . Beard hair can actually be used now to provide density but essentially the extremity body hair is filler hair. I;ve tried to emphasize the importance of this statement for years so that it doesnt always get compared hair: to hair to scalp hair .When individuals compare body hair to scalp hair it gets demonized and seemingly trashed but that is because BHT’s/Beard hair’s role is taken out of context. This is something that Dr Umar covers extensively when he is explaining the numbers needed for the entire process. Its so important to understand /comprehend all aspects of any procedure .

The other phase of my work that was equally as difficult and necessary was the scar repair which took up approx 1/3 of my entire graft count.

I hope I answered a couple of the questions. In summary body hair does work in the right skillful hand .Its role has become more increasingly defined as time/experience have been spent with it and seeing actual growth patterns.It is a great option that we did not have in hte past and I am very greatful for it.

17000 body hair grafts + 2000 scalp grafts by Dr Umar
Setp 2005-20007

Question about characteristics of body hair that I forgot to mention - when body hair grows out remember it has it growth limitations and will only grow so far. The growth cycle is not the same as that of the sclap . The good rule of thumb is’ what the hair looks like on your body /beard - is what you can expect no your scalp (with some slight growth potential). As far as the hair blending that has alot to do with the choice/selection of the M.D . In my case the hair is now all one in the same perfoming its job which it does well !!

17,000 body hair grafts + 2000 scalp FUE by Dr Umar

» Question about characteristics of body hair that I forgot to mention -
» when body hair grows out remember it has it growth limitations and will
» only grow so far. The growth cycle is not the same as that of the sclap .
» The good rule of thumb is’ what the hair looks like on your body /beard -
» is what you can expect no your scalp (with some slight growth potential).
» As far as the hair blending that has alot to do with the choice/selection
» of the M.D . In my case the hair is now all one in the same perfoming its
» job which it does well !!
»
» 17,000 body hair grafts + 2000 scalp FUE by Dr Umar

Interesting, so what people say about body hair being able to grow just as long as scalp hair is not true?

btw, great performance in the video :slight_smile: you look look fantastic!

» Is it just me, it appears that Dr. Umar and Arvind are the only ones doing
» body hair transplant nowadays, I haven’t seen much coming from Cole or
» Woods anymore and certainly no new doctors doing body hair transplant.

It’s possible that most hair transplants are done right these days so there is really not much of a need for body hair repair, body hair is like a last resort.

Blackjak
The general rule of thumb with body hair is to expect from it essentially only what you see and view it as it exist on the donor area where it is removed. Body hair is really best utilized as ‘filler hair’ because of its very short growth cycle and overall characteristics . As I mentioned from day one body hair has been unfairly compared to scalp hair in terms of its expectations . It can certainly be used with scalp hair as a combination. Body hair is ’ an option’ to add to your hair loss battle . Before this the only option we had was scalp hair and when high norwood cases ran our of sufficient donor from scalp there were no other options.

Beard hair (which I personally categorize as a seperate category from body hair) actually can be more comparable to scalp hair in terms of the legnth /density etc . It is the first best viable option after scalp hair if used with scalp hair as a hybrid combination.

17,000 body hair grafts + 2000 scalp hair grafts by Dr Umar