Posting 7500 grafts in total

» Also, I have emailed Headstyl asking for pics 2 years after the procedure.
» I will keep you guys posted.

no point doing that as the pictures will be cherry picked.

have you ever seen a 2 year old tatoo that looked anything other than dull ?

if you are a white guy, the contrast will be even greater.

I think micropigmentation is a disaster
because its not just that the color will turn bluish or fade, the worrying thing is that after sometime each dot will expand and bleed into the other, creating one connected surface of a dull patch. the retouching works of course with tattoos in general but with something like that ( i mean thousands of small dots) it will be hard to manage.

I tried rogaine for a year, it made my scalp itchy flaky and red, and the hair kept fallinf at the same speed.
i tried propecia for a year and i didnt feel any slow down in hair loss.
so what should i do now.
what medications of supplements should i try?
I’d appreciate the advise

» » Also, I have emailed Headstyl asking for pics 2 years after the
» procedure.
» » I will keep you guys posted.
»
» no point doing that as the pictures will be cherry picked.
»
» have you ever seen a 2 year old tatoo that looked anything other than dull
» ?
»
» if you are a white guy, the contrast will be even greater.

You are right the pictures will be handpicked. But I am curious to see if they are willing to offer them.

I am not white, I am Indian, similar characteristics to quarterhead.

Quarterhead, I have seen pictures of the bleeding/blotting. Very scary.

» » » Also, I have emailed Headstyl asking for pics 2 years after the
» » procedure.
» » » I will keep you guys posted.
» »
» » no point doing that as the pictures will be cherry picked.
» »
» » have you ever seen a 2 year old tatoo that looked anything other than
» dull
» » ?
» »
» » if you are a white guy, the contrast will be even greater.
»
» You are right the pictures will be handpicked. But I am curious to see if
» they are willing to offer them.
»
» I am not white, I am Indian, similar characteristics to quarterhead.
»
» Quarterhead, I have seen pictures of the bleeding/blotting. Very scary.

Quarterhead I sincerely hope that these ACell experiments turn out to work very well I think it would benefit you hugely in terms of density.

» i tried propecia for a year and i didnt feel any slow down in hair loss.
» so what should i do now.

i’d advise you to get back on propecia if not avodart which is in theory even better than propecia.

i’ve heard of FAR too many cases where people get a transplant, don’t take any DHT blockers, lose their hair, get another transplant… until either their bank account is drained or their donor hair is gone.

How much has all of this (transplants, travel…etc) costed you so far ?

thank you celt.

Quarterhead,
first let me thank you for posting, you have done a service to others here and it is appreciated.

When you say:

so you think I should get on propecia no matter what. even though I didn’t feel any difference in shedding after using it for a year?

I agree with you, if you have given Finasteride a full year and it has not helped you I think it would be nuts to go back on it - having said that you need to know where I am coming from - I think the health risks and side-effects from Finasteride are much worse than claimed.

Personally I think you should go for the full “Less is More” approach. If you buzz down with a zero guard (basically right down to stubble - 1mm length) you solve two problems, firstly the angulation becomes a non-issue, and secondly it is much harder for the human brain to work out that your hair density is unnaturally low.

The only issue that then remains is the ‘bumps’ you talk of - I cannot see them in the photos (photos lie of course) - but a head with the odd bump is not that unusual, can you not get away with this ?

thanks skywalker
the bumps have become apparent only a month ago. and they look a a bit too much. the other thing about the angles , even if they r short they show some weirdness. I’ve never grown my hair long, so that is what I’m trying to do now, to see how it looks.

Judge for yourself.

Identical twins - one on propecia, the other not on propecia (5 years).

The fact that they are identical twins (share the same DNA) means that genetics dictates that they should go bald at the same rate.

http://www.twinshairloss.com/

The difference is night & day. Beware not to trust advice from people who can supply no proof when they say don’t get on propecia. The main thing propecia does is SLOW DOWN your hair loss. If you do not understand the term slow down and you are instead expecting to grow a ton of hair, you have not understood what propecia is. That is usually the problem for most people who are on the drug for 1 year, who claim they see ‘no results’ and then get off it only to find their hair loss start accelerating as the months and years go by.

By the way Quarterhead, it wouldn’t surprise me if you actually have only added about 6,000 grafts to your recipient area, in my opinion the yield on the vast majority of BHT results is extremely unimpressive.

Freddie555, you are not listening to him - he says he used it for a year and it had no effect, he will not be the only person where this has happened - not by a long stretch.

» Freddie555, you are not listening to him - he says he used it for a year
» and it had no effect, he will not be the only person where this has
» happened - not by a long stretch.

As I pointed out, unless he understands what propecia is supposed to do, his conclusion will be meaningless. Does he have photographic proof of it with before & after shots?

I’ve seen a lot of meaningless nonsense posted over the years (I’ve been here 8 years or more).

Look at the website I provided. That is photographic proof of identical twins - one on propecia and one not. That isn’t the only study of identical twins and propecia either. Can you point me to any credible source that says propecia does not work - with photographic proof?

This is what he said:

I tried propecia for one year and no results.
rogaine for a year too and nothing. the hair kept shedding.

This is ridiculous Freddie - are you seriously trying to argue that Finasteride works for everybody ? You are coming over as a zealot on this.

I would have added it to my previous post but the system shuts you out from editing after 2 minutes !

please post before & after photographic proof in that case!

if there’s one thing i’ve learnt on this site, is that anecdotal claims means jack.

This is pathetic, people do not have identical twin studies all over the place - you remind me of the people who smoked themselves into an early grave because the definitive proof for lung cancer took so long to deliver - and who is going to make the effort to do all that to show that Finasteride doesn’t work (for them) and despite spending all that money they are still as bald as their twin who spent nothing - you are having a common sense bypass.

» This is pathetic, people do not have identical twin studies all over the
» place -

Are they supposed to believe some stuff you dreamed up last night and posted on here?

I’ll stick with the studies thanks! You can go bald like the twin who didn’t take propecia.

Freddie,
if you want to know the result of the most important study on Finasteride for Quarterhead then read his response - he tried Finasteride for a year and continued to shed - I’m sure he doesn’t give a toss what you or I think, he has done the ultimate ‘study’ FOR HIM - good grief.

I have seen people here post that they turned gay after taking propecia.

I have also seen people post here they have gone from norwood 4 to norwood 1 here on propecia.

All these people are hallucinating.

What I’m asking for is just before & after pics. Now if you want to go the anecdotal evidence route, that’s fine. I don’t.

» I have seen people here post that they turned gay after taking propecia.
»
» I have also seen people post here they have gone from norwood 4 to norwood
» 1 here on propecia.
»
» All these people are hallucinating.
»
» What I’m asking for is just before & after pics. Now if you want to go the
» anecdotal evidence route, that’s fine. I don’t.

Freddie,

Why does Quarterhead need to PROVE that it didnt work for him? If he says it had not impact and his hair kept shedding, thats all that matters.

Give him a break, he has had a hard enough time posting pics as it is. jk :slight_smile:

Quarterhead,

I agree with the guy who said shave to a one guard. A bump here or there doesn’t matter nearly as much as you may think.

If someone says something, why can I not ask for proof ?

For years I listened to total crap anecdotal evidience of people here and elsewhere warning me to stay off propecia and get on natural horse cr&p. During those years I lots a ton of hair I will never see again.

I’ve learnt to ask for proof whenever i see anecdotal evidence as way too much gets passed off as fact when its total cr*p.

» If someone says something, why can I not ask for proof ?
»
» For years I listened to total crap anecdotal evidience of people here and
» elsewhere warning me to stay off propecia and get on natural horse cr&p.
» During those years I lots a ton of hair I will never see again.
»
» I’ve learnt to ask for proof whenever i see anecdotal evidence as way too
» much gets passed off as fact when its total cr*p.

You have to understand perspectives. Quarterhead doesnt have a reason to lie about the drug. He has nothing to gain from lying. No reason to ask for proof. If you are a cynic, pictures would do you no good anyway. You can claim the pictures are doctored or something else.

If quarterhead was a salesman for a rival drug company, I can understand. He wants to have hair more than any of us want him to have hair. No reason to lie.