Posting 7500 grafts in total

I definitely agree with you. I look at some posts from doctors and patients alike and they sometimes look to good to be true. I am aware that 7000 grafts are impossible to cover a norwood 6 . even 10,000 won’t do it. That is if you see the patient in person, I’m sure i would look much different than the photos we see.
And to tell u the truth, I never saw bumps or pimples from my transplants except for now , when my hair started shedding more.
Has anything worked for you in stopping your shedding?
Every time I ask someone in the forum they give me different contradictory opinions and then theyend up the post by fighting with each other

Yes, truthtales makes very good points in his post.

Firstly, I too think your hair looks good. Yes, there is diffuse thinning. However, there is good coverage. As such, density is the issue. But as you acknowledge 7500 grafts isn’t going to give you a full head of hair.

You definitely should be congratulated for making the effort to inform us better.

I think the key for you now is to ensure that you maintain the native hair that you do currently possess. As such, it could be a combination of drugs. Everyone has their opinion on which drugs to use, but its seems to centre around propecia and/or saw palmetto, minox plus an organic shampoo that combats dandruff. You could always try a combination.

I recently got my second procedure done. The first from Dr Ruby (Dr Arvind’s clinic) - 3400 strip in the crown. The second from Dr Armani (3100 fue in the zone 1, 2, and 3). The ones from the first procedure seem to now be wearing as my native hair has continued to shed. I am hoping that my hair loss stabilises soon since I am 33, but that seems unlikely. Best case scenario for me is that my new transplants come through well which will give me a decent hairline since my native hair in that area is still plenty. Hopefully, I can maintain that look over the next 3-4 years while progress is made in terms of HM. And this will still require using a bit of Toppik or other coverup product to completely camouflage my hair loss.

Alternatively, I will get my strip filled in densely (possibly beard hair or the remaining 2000 grafts I have left) and keep my have hair buzzed. I can’t keep pursuing the dream of a full head of hair by getting transplant after transplant. Here’s hoping I don’t have many white dots or bumps/pimples if and when I do!!

BTW, you could try to put some anticeptic cream for the pimples like Fucidin H.

I have certainly learnt that sometimes it does work out, but trying to change your chemistry and stopping nature is an incredibly difficult and uphill battle.

Thanks again for sharing bud.

» I am not sure if you understand it or if many understand it here but…your
» result is actually pretty good for what transplants can do. There is
» imperfection from the BHT but the density is normal, and thats the big
» problem here the density
»
» You took great effort in posting these pictures and you should be
» congratulated because i think your pics come close to what many good
» posters say “see results in person”…you actually showed
»
» - what its like to see in person a guy that cuts his hair really short so
» the illusion that transplants create is out of the window(an illusion that
» the reps forget to say that its out of the window also under certain
» lighting condition even with long hair)
» -what a transplant looks like with no native hair to support it(so that
» people finally understand what will happen if propecia fails them)
» -how normal can it look in certain lights and how under other lights
» another truth is reviled

u made the right decision not to get a thick hairline, that is so critical and i think that saved your ass big time even though you continued to lose your hair. can you imagine what a disaster had you gotten yourself a thick hairline? Right now you look natural, sure a few beard grafts stood out like a sore thumb but overall your face is nicely framed and you can get away with the buzz cut look.

I think some of the problem arising in my case is that the hairs are not angled properly. I’m not talking about the beard hair, but the scalp hair. Instead of having it anguled at almost 25-35 degrees in a forward direction, it is anguled at 80-90 degrees and sometimes pointing sidewards, which makes the coverage look less but most importantly it makes it look weird and unnatural. I respect Dr.A and i think he’s good, but i think he’s pretty poor aesthetically. I think that’s why almost in all the pics of his patients, their hair appears scruffy, the grafts converge together in weird angles and for m darker patches at the meeting point, rather than facing smilar direction. It’s just that many hairs are growing in funny wrong directions making the transplant visible to others. I tried to show u this in the close up pics. but even the pics couldn’t capture how bad it is.

AK, im curious, do you have pics? Are you satisfied?

Quarterhead and rest:

I have stated in another thread, my donor/balding is similar to Quarterheads and I will need the same type of procedure. However, I plan to cut my hair really short, a one clip, and look into micropigmentation.

Quarterhead, I think if you buzzed down to a 2 clip it would look great on you!

Also, I second the notion that you should be commended for posting your photos, so enlightening.

Actually I do cut my hair mostly on clip one , sometimes two. the thing is that it used to look great at those lenghts , but now it makes the transplant visible. I shaved it last week on one and i was embarrased to go to this party at a friends place because he has a lot of spot lights which made my hair look terrible. and what do u mean by pigmentation?

» so you think I should get on propecia no matter what. even though I didn’t
» feel any difference in shedding after using it for a year?
»
» what other options do u suggest?

I suggest 3 things

1. alternating between avodart and propecia daily
  2. minoxidil 5%
  3. shampooing with nizoral 2% twice a week

See my graphs in the drug forum. Without propecia, the hair counts decline rapidly. With propecia, the decline slows to a crawl.

To me its absolutely crazy to have a transplant and not take propecia if not avodart (which is better than propecia in theory since it inhibits both iso-enzymes of alpha-5-reductase, not just alpha-5-reductase type II as is the case with propecia).

» Actually I do cut my hair mostly on clip one , sometimes two. the thing is
» that it used to look great at those lenghts , but now it makes the
» transplant visible. I shaved it last week on one and i was embarrased to go
» to this party at a friends place because he has a lot of spot lights which
» made my hair look terrible. and what do u mean by pigmentation?

Micropigmentation is a semi-permanent treatment on the head. Very similar to a tattoo. Google “headstyl” and “artistry concepts” and “micropigmentation”

Basically creates illusion of density.

Has a few drawbacks though. For example, ink fading/blotting/changing color.

However, I think a HT combined with micropigmentation can be good-looking.

I’ll post a few photos shortly. I’ve just hit the 1 month mark so it would be appropriate.

Quarterhead, what are you thinking your options are at this stage? Do remember that we are our harshest critics. We spend so much time in front of the mirror analysing each strand that we pick up on each “flaw” no matter how minute or insignificant. I know I am guilty of that myself at the moment when I should be giving myself time and space.

If its the pimples that are bothering you, then you should manage to control them since, I imagine, they’ve recently come up or you might have recently started to notice them more. Then you could possibly return to a short clip.

ak

» » Actually I do cut my hair mostly on clip one , sometimes two. the thing
» is
» » that it used to look great at those lenghts , but now it makes the
» » transplant visible. I shaved it last week on one and i was embarrased to
» go
» » to this party at a friends place because he has a lot of spot lights
» which
» » made my hair look terrible. and what do u mean by pigmentation?
»
» Micropigmentation is a semi-permanent treatment on the head. Very similar
» to a tattoo. Google “headstyl” and “artistry concepts” and
» “micropigmentation”
»
» Basically creates illusion of density.
»
» Has a few drawbacks though. For example, ink fading/blotting/changing
» color.
»
» However, I think a HT combined with micropigmentation can be good-looking.

Are any of the pics taken with your hair wet?

no. no wet hair. wet hair gives the hair a fuller look.

I know what u r talking about. I didnt know they call it micropigmentation.to tell you the truth, when i had my 2nd transplant 5 years ago, right after the transplant the head lloks full because of the clotted blood at the base of the hairs. then these clots fall after 10 days and the hair looks thinner. but anyway , back then I thought, if there could be a tattoo that mimcs these clots or creates a darker shade, and here now they come up with it.
I saw a person/ african american last month at the airport with the pigmentation but he was fully bald. it looked a bit weird. but i was thinking wwith a mix of hair it would look fantastic.
But i’ll never do it . I think this would be a fatal mistake esp. as u mentioned the paint bleeds and looses sharpness . then u could do nth nd it would look very bad

hey ak
I don’t know what u mean by short clip. Because I do cut it very short ( on machine I use clip one)
but I guess they became visible when i lost the native hair.
I have a question: do you get the bumps from every hair transplant, or do some doctors perform it without causing bumps/pimples? I’m curious to know.
I’m thinking of growing my hair longer. and probably use another 1500 fue from beard and moustache.
I’m hesitant if whether to use pubic hair or not since it is more curly and shiny and thicker.

what do u think?

» I’m hesitant if whether to use pubic hair or not since it is more curly and
» shiny and thicker.
»
» what do u think?

LOL pubic hair!

you gotta be kidding man.

I know it sounds funny but many of the clinics that do bht use pubic hair

» I know what u r talking about. I didnt know they call it
» micropigmentation.to tell you the truth, when i had my 2nd transplant 5
» years ago, right after the transplant the head lloks full because of the
» clotted blood at the base of the hairs. then these clots fall after 10 days
» and the hair looks thinner. but anyway , back then I thought, if there
» could be a tattoo that mimcs these clots or creates a darker shade, and
» here now they come up with it.
» I saw a person/ african american last month at the airport with the
» pigmentation but he was fully bald. it looked a bit weird. but i was
» thinking wwith a mix of hair it would look fantastic.
» But i’ll never do it . I think this would be a fatal mistake esp. as u
» mentioned the paint bleeds and looses sharpness . then u could do nth nd it
» would look very bad

I have seen someone completely bald with the same look and I agree it looks awkward. I think its similar with transplants in that the success of the procedure depends on the doctor.

I inquired about headstyl through email. The pricing seems to be 750-2000 depending on size of procedure. And you need usually 2-3 touchups depending on the ink fading. They seem to be very professional.

I agree that the ink by itself would look awkward, but with a 7500 graft HT, I think it could be a fantastic alternative to people with limited donor.

» I know what u r talking about. I didnt know they call it
» micropigmentation.to tell you the truth, when i had my 2nd transplant 5
» years ago, right after the transplant the head lloks full because of the
» clotted blood at the base of the hairs. then these clots fall after 10 days
» and the hair looks thinner. but anyway , back then I thought, if there
» could be a tattoo that mimcs these clots or creates a darker shade, and
» here now they come up with it.
» I saw a person/ african american last month at the airport with the
» pigmentation but he was fully bald. it looked a bit weird. but i was
» thinking wwith a mix of hair it would look fantastic.
» But i’ll never do it . I think this would be a fatal mistake esp. as u
» mentioned the paint bleeds and looses sharpness . then u could do nth nd it
» would look very bad

i would personally never advice anyone to go for micropigmentation…and if you do decide to go for it,make sure you see results in person especially results more than 2 yrs old(have heard stories about fading)

P.S- i think it will still look fake no matter how its done ,but may be with transplants it can blend in better!!

i get a bad feeling about tatooed hair as well.

i think you look allright for now. get on propecia/avodart asap to maintain what you have. its silly to get a transplant, not get on propecia and just watch the hair fall out. then panic and go for another round only for the same thing to happen. Studies show that hair counts & hair shaft diameter after 5 years are only slightly lower for people on propecia and vastly lower for people not on it.

you may need more transplants to ‘hold the line’ so to speak as you get older. so conserve your cash and donor hair for now.

the last thing you want to do is start chasing the dream of a perfect full head of hair which is just asking for trouble.

i can’t see anything you can do at this point to make it better. on the other hand i can see a whole lot you can do to make it worse.

» i get a bad feeling about tatooed hair as well.
»
» i think you look allright for now. get on propecia/avodart asap to
» maintain what you have. its silly to get a transplant, not get on propecia
» and just watch the hair fall out. then panic and go for another round only
» for the same thing to happen. Studies show that hair counts & hair shaft
» diameter after 5 years are only slightly lower for people on propecia and
» vastly lower for people not on it.
»
» you may need more transplants to ‘hold the line’ so to speak as you get
» older. so conserve your cash and donor hair for now.
»
» the last thing you want to do is start chasing the dream of a perfect full
» head of hair which is just asking for trouble.
»
» i can’t see anything you can do at this point to make it better. on the
» other hand i can see a whole lot you can do to make it worse.

I still need to look more into it and I understand the concerns.

However, fading doesn’t concern me much, as you can just go back and get it redone for another 1,000 USD. Its the turning bluish green color that alarms me. I have seen some horrific pictures. But once again, there are horrible transplants and great ones. So risk reward with all.

Ideally, HT + Propecia + Rogaine + Micropigmentation could lead to a great look in my opinion.

Also, I have emailed Headstyl asking for pics 2 years after the procedure. I will keep you guys posted.