Only 10 days before to confirm

the following :

• Phase II going well and it will form the basis of further Phase II or Phase III trials as appropriate
  • We have growing percentage all over the place from 2% to 105%
  • We tried to pre-stimulate the scalp but growing was still all over the place but better.
  • We can’t tell you more about pre-stimulis at the moment.
  • Next Phase II cohort should start phase II soon.
  • We still have to present you fuzzy numbers with no explanation
  • Stay tuned for the next update, thank you very much for listening

:smiley:

» the following :
»
» - Phase II going well and it will form the basis of further Phase II or
» Phase III trials as appropriate
» - We have growing percentage all over the place from 2% to 105%
» - We tried to pre-stimulate the scalp but growing was still all over the
» place but better.
» - We can’t tell you more about pre-stimulis at the moment.
» - Next Phase II cohort should start phase II soon.
» - We still have to present you fuzzy numbers with no explanation
» - Stay tuned for the next update, thank you very much for listening
»
» :smiley:

to me the most important thing is PRICE. I hope they will give us an estimate how much it will cost.

The least important thing is price. Price is irrelevant if it doesn’t work any better than minoxidil, propecia, or a normal HT. We need something that actually works, no matter what the cost. If it works, it doesn’t matter if it costs $100,000 or more. Once you get something that works, the price will come down over time.

AJ: The least important thing is price. Price is irrelevant if it doesn’t work
any better than minoxidil, propecia, or a normal HT. We need something
that actually works, no matter what the cost. If it works, it doesn’t
matter if it costs $100,000 or more. Once you get something that works,
the price will come down over time.

Assuming it works, it makes absolutely no business sense to offer this type of treatment for $100,000. There’s more money in volume. For every person you name willing to pay $100,000 per treatment, I can think of 40 willing to pay $5,000

<Assuming it works, it makes absolutely no business sense to offer this type of treatment for $100,000. There’s more money in volume. For every person you name willing to pay $100,000 per treatment, I can think of 40 willing to pay $5,000>

Rev you are absolutely spot on here. However I am adamant they will not disclose any info regarding price. How could they? Too many factors have to be taken into consideration before coming up with an estimate of cost per procedure.

My bet? 10.000 pounds as soon as it comes out, it will be then lowered to the 5000 pounds region.

This assuming that the treatment is not going to be a one- off stop like many here seem to think. Otherwise it’ll cost more.

Modern medicine (especially the cosmetic branch) it’s all about profit.

If you come up with a product that works relatively well but it’s not a permanent solution, this means more money for you. Customers will be coming back for more.

On top of that we have to come to terms with the fact that modern medicine focus is more on TREATMENT than it is on CURE.

Today, the vast majority of medicines TREAT the simpthoms but DO NOT CURE the illness.

price is meaningless at this point. If hm works, it shall cost a lot initially but the price will probably decrease rapidly according to demand … and expand. Think of any new commercial technic (namely numeric products for example) that spread over the world

n/t

I read somewhere Dr.Kemp said that it won’t be really cheap because harvesting DP cells is a lengthy & hard process and then it takes about 3 months to culture those cells in lab before they can be used.

So my take is it won’t be dirt cheap but definitely not going to be in six figures either (as mentioned on their website). My guess, Intercytex would probably charge base fees for DP extraction & culture. Plus charge per injection, therefore, the initial would be expensive & top-ups cheaper.

DOnt be stupid folks…

There is no way they are going to come out with a procedure that costs 50,000 bucks or something. Few people can afford that. I’d expect it to cost less than 10K at the most. We ARE NOT talking about surgery here, we are talking injections for the most part…

Intercytex stated once that they are planning on it costing less or at least the equivalent to an existing hair transplant procedure.

I read somewhere, I can’t recall the website but they seemed pretty confident that the starting price would be around 1500 pounds.

The way I see it, the most costly part of the procedure would be extracting 120 or so donor follicles and isolating the DP cells, the injections themselves will be carried out by machine (as would culturing/multiplying the DP cells).

So I predict it will be around 1500 for the harvesting and first round of injections and any more injections if needed would cost below 1000 pounds per round.

They wouldn’t have to charge 100,000’s because if it as successful as we hope there would be a huge amount of people lining up for procedures.

Of course this is just my opinion/dream lol :smiley:

» DOnt be stupid folks…
»
»
» There is no way they are going to come out with a procedure that costs
» 50,000 bucks or something. Few people can afford that. I’d expect it to
» cost less than 10K at the most. We ARE NOT talking about surgery here, we
» are talking injections for the most part…

how much do you think botox injections cost? thousands of dollars

It depends on what you are talking about. If you are talking about restoring a NW7 to a NW1, then yes, it could easily cost $100,000 initially. One treatment may be $10,000, but if you are a NW7, it could take 10 treatments. We really don’t know how it is going to work yet though.

But one thing is certain. If it does work, and works well, it will not be cheap. It makes much more sense to charge $100K than $10k, because demand will outstrip supply. What good does it do to charge $10K, when the line is 5000 miles long? Bump it up to $100K, the line gets shorter, but they still have more patients than they can treat. If you can treat 100 patients a week at $100K or 100 patients a week at $10K, which would you choose if you were the business. Only when the supply increases will the cost come down. The supply will be very limited in the beginning.

Supply and demand is unalterable, no matter how badly you want it. Now if it doesn’t work that well, then the demand will be low, and you certainly will be able to afford it out of the box then. I am talking about a working procedure, and one that works really well.

This is why price is the least important thing right now. If it doesn’t work well, who cares how much it costs. I’m not getting it anyway. If it does work well, and REALLY well, then as stated, the demand will far outstrip supply, pushing prices as high as the market will bear. Only over time as supply increases, will costs come down.

» This is why price is the least important thing right now. If it doesn’t
» work well, who cares how much it costs. I’m not getting it anyway. If it
» does work well, and REALLY well, then as stated, the demand will far
» outstrip supply, pushing prices as high as the market will bear. Only
» over time as supply increases, will costs come down.

IF it works, it will most certainly not cost 100k. This procedure - unlike HT - does not rely on proprietary (i.e., individual - dependent) skill. It will be something that will not require a physician to administer, and that right their reduces the potential cost by a good 75%. Further, it will be very scalable, so that the potential administration pool will be very large. Again, that will significantly reduce costs.

Once this gets to a reasonable level of commercialization, its cost will be in line with other simple cosmetic procedures, and certainly less that surgical cosmetic procedures. I would expect 5-10K for results that are in line with or better than a large-scale HT.

If it works well, REALLY well, $100K for a full head of hair is certainly in the realm of possibility. Again, supply and demand is unalterable.

“Once this gets to a reasonable level of commercialization…”.
Bingo. That’s the key. Right out of the box, it will not be readily available. And demand will be much greater than supply. $5-$10K is not even close to what it will cost, IF IT WORKS REALLY WELL. i.e. SIGNIFICANTLY better than a traditional HT.

If it’s only slightly better than a HT, then yes, you are right. Demand will then be much lower, as well cost. This is what I mean by “doesn’t work that well”. If it is just a slight upgrade over current HT (which is possible), then it won’t be that expensive. I am talking about something that can restore a full head of hair, no matter what norwood level you are at, and no matter how long you have been bald.

But if it does work really well, cost will be high INITIALLY. It will take time to make the procedure available in multiple locations. Even if there aren’t physicians performing the procedure, it does take time to train them. And there has to be enough lab “bandwidth” to do the “multiplication” for all of the clients. That too will take time. You will not be able to service millions of customers right out of the box. Thus costs will be high initially (again, if it works well).

But again, it all comes down to supply and demand. Great results = great demand = great cost. So-so results = so-so demand = so-so cost.

» » DOnt be stupid folks…
» »
» »
» » There is no way they are going to come out with a procedure that costs
» » 50,000 bucks or something. Few people can afford that. I’d expect it to
» » cost less than 10K at the most. We ARE NOT talking about surgery here,
» we
» » are talking injections for the most part…
»
» how much do you think botox injections cost? thousands of dollars

The average cost per BOTOX® session in the United States is $350 USD. In Canada, a single injection can cost from $300 to $500 CDN. Areas that require more than a single injection, such as the area beside the eyes where so-called “crow’s feet” tend to form, can range from $400 to $900 USD. Larger surface areas such as the forehead can cost as little as $600 and as much as $1300 USD.

http://www.plastic-surgery.net/cost-botox-injections.html

»
» The average cost per BOTOX® session in the United States is $350
» USD
. In Canada, a single injection can cost from $300 to $500 CDN.
» Areas that require more than a single injection, such as the area beside
» the eyes where so-called “crow’s feet” tend to form, can range from $400
» to $900 USD. Larger surface areas such as the forehead
» can cost as little as $600 and as much as $1300 USD.

»
» Cost of Botox Injections

You’re absolutely right - botox is not expensive. You don’t even have to be a doctor to do it. Non-surgical procedures are increasingly being performed by assistants (botox, lazer, peels, etc.). The ICX protocol will not be mechanically more complicated than those procedures. Initially, it will be expensive because of high demand and low supply. But as soon as it gets to the States, it will drop dramatically. I think the 5-10K price range is a good guess. It is a pricepoint that has proven demand in the HT market, so a procedure with better results can expect to draw a similar premium.

skiploss:
You’re absolutely right - botox is not expensive. You don’t even have to be a doctor to do it. Non-surgical procedures are increasingly being performed by assistants (botox, lazer, peels, etc.). The ICX protocol will not be mechanically more complicated than those procedures. Initially, it will be expensive because of high demand and low supply. But as soon as it gets to the States, it will drop dramatically. I think the 5-10K price range is a good guess. It is a pricepoint that has proven demand in the HT market, so a procedure with better results can expect to draw a similar premium.

… and Intercytex is working on a robotic delivery system to expedite injections.

Really? As far as I know the robot is to multiply the cells not to deliver them.

» Really? As far as I know the robot is to multiply the cells not to deliver
» them.

Yes, they are injecting well over 100 injections at a time, there is no way they would be planning on administering them by hand.

» Yes, they are injecting well over 100 injections at a time, there is no
» way they would be planning on administering them by hand.

This from Intercytex website:

The robotic system has an established track record in processing many different cell samples simultaneously, so that at this scale, in which large numbers of different patients’ cells are handled, all samples remain isolated throughout the multiplication process.

The robotic system is just for making sure multiple samples are handled efficiently without being mixed up.

I don’t see why they can’t do thousands of injections in a single session. They already do thousands of follicles in HT…if any thing injection is a lot easier and quicker!