Only 10 days before to confirm

» » Yes, they are injecting well over 100 injections at a time, there is no
» » way they would be planning on administering them by hand.
»
» This from Intercytex website:
»
» The robotic system has an established track record in processing many
» different cell samples simultaneously, so that at this scale, in which
» large numbers of different patients’ cells are handled, all samples remain
» isolated throughout the multiplication process.

»
» The robotic system is just for making sure multiple samples are handled
» efficiently without being mixed up.
»
» I don’t see why they can’t do thousands of injections in a single session.
» They already do thousands of follicles in HT…if any thing injection is a
» lot easier and quicker!

There is a company in the States that is working on a robot to aid in the HT process. I’m sure it would be useful in delivering the ICX protocol as well.

It has gotten more expensive because there has been no competitive product but mainly because it has become so popular. Allergan has been increasing its price annually for Botox. But the price of Botox is still quite reasonable for a non-invasive cosmetic procedure that can in many cases take the place of surgery. Hopefully, there will be competition from different companies for hair regeneration/neogenesis. Anyway, I believe Intercytex will charge a fairly reasonable price when it first comes out - under $10,000 and maybe less. They will want to reach as many people as possible.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa5293/is_200712/ai_n21276717

»
»
» The average cost per BOTOX® session in the United States is $350
» USD
. In Canada, a single injection can cost from $300 to $500 CDN.
» Areas that require more than a single injection, such as the area beside
» the eyes where so-called “crow’s feet” tend to form, can range from $400
» to $900 USD. Larger surface areas such as the forehead
» can cost as little as $600 and as much as $1300 USD.

»
» Cost of Botox Injections

“They will want to reach as many people as possible.”

Wrong. They will want to make as much profit as possible, as is the goal of any business. And when the supply is low and the demand is high, reaching the maximum number of people is not the goal. Charging as much as the market will bear for the limited supply is the goal.

Long term, yes, they will want to reach as many people as possible. But that’s only after the supply has increased, and hopefully competition from more than one company.

Yeap you said it man.

Just saying that Botox was much cheaper when it came out for cosmetic purposes. You know it was being used previously by dermatologists to reduce profuse sweating. Very few people wanted to try it initially to reduce wrinkles. Even now, you see articles on how maybe it’s dangerous. But, it’s cosmetic use is becoming more mainstream. And, what does Allergen do? They raise the price.

My opinion, I think it will be $5k to $10k. Anyway, who says the supply will be low? The initial offering may be limited geographically but I intend to go whereever it is being offered.

» “They will want to reach as many people as possible.”
»
» Wrong. They will want to make as much profit as possible, as is the goal
» of any business. And when the supply is low and the demand is high,
» reaching the maximum number of people is not the goal. Charging as much
» as the market will bear for the limited supply is the goal.
»
» Long term, yes, they will want to reach as many people as possible. But
» that’s only after the supply has increased, and hopefully competition from
» more than one company.

» My opinion, I think it will be $5k to $10k. Anyway, who says the supply
» will be low? The initial offering may be limited geographically but I
» intend to go whereever it is being offered.
»

If the initial offering is limited geographically, then I would say that is the definition of low supply. If it’s only available in a couple locations in the UK, and there are millions of bald guys around the world wanting the procedure, there is no way they can service all of them.

I also intend to go wherever it is being offered. As I’m sure others have that same idea. However, because of limited supply, the line will be long. And the only way I can get in front of you is to pay more. And if you are willing to pay $10k to get it done, and I am willing to pay $100K to get it done, who do you think goes to the front of the line? There aren’t going to be just be a few hundred guys wanting this done.

There are more guys willing to pay $100K than they can possibly service. You may not have that kind of money to spend, but because there are millions and millions of men wanting this, a small percentage of men willing to pay $100K or more is still thousands and thousands of men. Way more than they can service initially. And they are also going to want to get in front of you in the line, which means they will pay more.

And as I have stated before, just to be clear, this assumes that it works, and works REALLY well. If it doesn’t work that well, then you will be able to get it done in the price range that you are looking for.

» » My opinion, I think it will be $5k to $10k. Anyway, who says the supply
» » will be low? The initial offering may be limited geographically but I
» » intend to go whereever it is being offered.
» »
»
» If the initial offering is limited geographically, then I would say that
» is the definition of low supply. If it’s only available in a couple
» locations in the UK, and there are millions of bald guys around the world
» wanting the procedure, there is no way they can service all of them.
»
» I also intend to go wherever it is being offered. As I’m sure others have
» that same idea. However, because of limited supply, the line will be long.
» And the only way I can get in front of you is to pay more. And if you are
» willing to pay $10k to get it done, and I am willing to pay $100K to get it
» done, who do you think goes to the front of the line? There aren’t going
» to be just be a few hundred guys wanting this done.
»
» There are more guys willing to pay $100K than they can possibly service.
» You may not have that kind of money to spend, but because there are
» millions and millions of men wanting this, a small percentage of men
» willing to pay $100K or more is still thousands and thousands of men. Way
» more than they can service initially. And they are also going to want to
» get in front of you in the line, which means they will pay more.
»
» And as I have stated before, just to be clear, this assumes that it works,
» and works REALLY well. If it doesn’t work that well, then you will be able
» to get it done in the price range that you are looking for.

Nice post AJ and I couldnt agree more, if it works I would pay any amount of money to get my life back on track and this baldness shit is getting in the way so I want rid at any price. Guess Im lucky like you to be prepared to pay whatever price it is…Thats if it works !

If you had unlimited donor hair, then you could still easily spend $50-70K on just doing numerous traditional HT surgeries to fully cure a NW#6-7. So I see nothing unreasonable about an expensive HM procedure, especially to start with.

But it is very clear that the cheaper they can make any form of HM, the more (net total) money that they can make from it. They have every incentive to try to make HM as cheap as possible once the initial rush is over.

They absolutely will not make more money off a higher price from a small number of people, compared to a lower price and a wider market. Even the most basic study of the HM business situation will reveal this without a doubt.

So what if HM costs a lot out of the gate?

Once we REALLY know that HM is real & effective and it will only get cheaper, then we do not have to stay so conservative when getting traditional HTs anymore.

We can just dump 3000 FUE grafts into the hairline & frontal third of our heads while we wait a few years for the initial HM price to drop.

»
» But it is very clear that the cheaper they can make any form of HM, the
» more (net total) money that they can make from it. They have every
» incentive to try to make HM as cheap as possible once the initial rush is
» over.
»
» They absolutely will not make more money off a higher price from a small
» number of people, compared to a lower price and a wider market. Even the
» most basic study of the HM business situation will reveal this without a
» doubt.
»

I agree with you, over the long term. Because over the long term, the supply will increase, and hopefully competition, which will drive the price down. But in the short term (first few years), it doesn’t make sense to have a low price. They can make a lot more money with a high price.

They will have way more people than they can service, because the supply will be low to start with. It makes no business sense to offer it at a lower price. It will take time to build out the supply. And those first few years they definitely will make more money off a higher price and a “small” number of people. It’s basic economics. Supply and demand.

But after a few years, the supply will increase, and as you say, they can make more money from a lower price and more customers. But they have to have the supply in order to do that. That will not be there right out of the gate.

OH we don’t know if it is going to work at all and you are talking about price ?! in 2006 you were still talking about price. I dont know why you ppl are obsessed with price. Maybe HM is not working at all so you can save all your money :frowning: First lets hear if it is going to work and then soon we will hear the price

» OH we don’t know if it is going to work at all and you are talking about
» price ?! in 2006 you were still talking about price. I dont know why you
» ppl are obsessed with price. Maybe HM is not working at all so you can
» save all your money :frowning: First lets hear if it is going to work and then
» soon we will hear the price

Well I think that we all know that it works, Injecting DP cells grows hair one way or the other, fact. The point is we don’t know how well it works at present.

So we have every reason to be discussing price for something that is very possibly going to be on the market within a few years.

I think results are only going to get better.

The price does not matter.

Market will set the price as with everything else. Supply & Demand.

Demand will be high if it works really good
Supply will be low initially for sure and may get better over the time.

Higher demand -> higher price
higher supply -> lower price & more ppl served.

The only thing that matters is that it in fact actually really works well. If it does, than the price may be high initially but who cares, this is ineviteable it would have happened later with some other cure anyway, sooner it happens sooner the price gets down.

end of story.

If you want to hear my guess than I’d say that if they can serve 300 ppl a year, the price would be enormous. if they could serve 10 thousand a year, they still could easily ask $100k if it gave a man back teenage hair. All the bald guys driving ferraris would be in the queue.

if they can serve 300 thousand a year, it may cost $10k.

If it is rubbish then it will be cheap and they do not even have to bother trying to keep up with 300 thousand guys a year. no one will pay a fortune for something that does not solve the problem marginaly better the current options can.

All in all the numbers are just my guess. If you really need a hope and think that there are less than 10 000 guys among the 4 billions of us here who would be willing to pay 100k then well feel free to adjust the numbers accordingly.

============================================

One robot probably can handle few tenths or few hundreds samples a week at the most?? I dunno how long does it take to clone the cells, so let’s say 200 a week, which may be optimistic, just imagine how many vials it would be and how much of space it is … anyway, 200 a week, 52 weeks a year, 10400 guys a year per robot if it worked 24/7. 300000 thousand = 30 robots only, I may have been optimistic so from a pessimistic point of view the robot could do only tenth of it so you’d need 300 of them to be able to serve 30 000 heads a year.

heads per year optimistic robots needed pessimistic robots needed
10,000 1 10
100,000 10 100
1000,000 100 1000
10,000,000 1000 10000

=====================================================================

I think that the pessimistici guess is nearer, but all in all just 10 000 of the machines and the thing can be quite cheap.

I wonder how expensive is the robot though :slight_smile: if it can do just 1000 guys a year, and if it cost 100 000 a piece, than these 1000 guys paying each 10k would give out 10M, and that covers the robot easily. So well guys I think you may be right, it may not be so expensive as I thought in the end, and it will most probably go cheap quickly.