One year update Golfjunkie by Sara Armani

its a huge assumption to say that fin or dut will save their hair, these either have side effects or dont work at all or stop working after some point

now Me i dont think its a big risk i have stablized my hair for 10 yrs, a lot of guys have not even stabilized their hair for one year and they get a transplant

but i think these guys with these great looking thick transplants , if they cannot stabilize and stop their fallout are taking a huge risk of looking like a freak years later

getting a natural looking transplant is not the problem
future thinning is the problem

I once had a doc send me a brochure saying he was retiring as a transplant surgeon , because he was disillusioned at the profession. He said he was judging himself on how the hair looked after the transplant or a year later. then when he saw many patients 10 yrs or 15 yrs later their hair was a disaster. he had filled in the crown and it looked great at first then 10 yrs later they continued to thin and had a bald halo around the crown, and they didnt have enough donor hair to fix it. He was very digusted at not being able to deal with this future thinning

take a guy like George Castanza on seinfeld, the actor who played him. What if he had done a thick marvelous transplant like this, when he very first started thinning in the first year, and looked fabulous, then look what happened to his hair later, it would be a disaster now to have that thick frontal hairline and temples with a bald head behind it, and you cannot fix that with a transplant no way in hell.

He would be laughed at constantly and probably be suicidal

this is what I mean that these guys are taking such a chance

» there is no question the result is amazing
»
» my only question is what happens when you continue to thin behind the
» tranplanted temples all the way back to lets say a NW
» 6…then you only have maybe 4000 grafts
» left…possibly 5000 to 5500…not many at all
»
» how will you continue to match this thick frontal hairline? it will look
» ridiculous at that point and you wont have the donor hair to use to fix it
»
» this is my only problem with these agressive docs and patients, there is
» not an unlimited supply of donor hair, in fact the supply is inversely
» related to the amount of hair loss
»
» if you go to a NW6 or NW7, you will have no way in the world to chase that
» balding scalp, and instead of looking naturally bald, you will have a thick
» frontal hairline AND TEMPLES with a huge bald area behind it, very
» unnatural looking and a bit freakish
»
» ever think of that?

I’m sure he has thought of that and like the others said already if he isn’t on fin or dut, he’s taking a risk. Remember, most importantly for the HT patient (at least in my view) is the meds will maintain your donor hair as well.

There is no holy grail with HT’s. There is no perfect solution. Once you get one you will likely be committed to future procedures to catch up with your hairloss, even on meds albeit, a very slow hairloss. AlviArmani never try to hide any of these issues from their patients. We are all well-informed adults making our own decisions.

If he loses his hair in the crown there will be enough grafts to give it a thin look. This is a personal cosmetic taste that some of us prefer while others would rather have a recessed hairline and a thick crown. Both ways can be done to look naturally.

Another point for those who have never seen a HT in person: the harlines that you seen in web jpegs are typically not as thick as they look in person. Even Armani’s. Photographs have a tendency to make a hairline look thicker unless you’re a skilled photographer with an expensive Leica or Nikorr lens. You would be pleasently surprised to see that a typical Armani hairline will look full, youthful, and yet not the blotted ‘wall of hair’ that some of you guys complain about. (I have an Armani hairline and I’ve met several patients also).

Also if the patient had FUE he will always be able to buzz his hair if mpb gets too devastating.

Ultimately this is a cosmetic procedure and if the informed patient knows what he’s getting into then I don’t think any of us should worry so much about him.

BTW, Golf, It looks great.

Wow! incredible results! I had a Fuss done with her brother with great reults too. I’m thinking about another small Fue procedure. Obviously your reults speak for themselves, but I’d like your opinion about the procedure itself…I’d like to know what I should expect in terms of pain and recovery.

»

»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»

The actual procedure itself was painless until the end when the numb shots wore off, then I actually felt each hair being inplanted. That was rough, but another shot made it all good. Other then being in one position for about 7 hours it was not bad at all. The recovery was painless, just a little itchy. Didn’t even use my meds after day two. I was working out about a week later. Don’t have any baldness in my family other then a receding hairline for my grandpa. Hopefully meds and future innovations will help in case I do lose more hair

This is a good topic with many good points from different posters. “Hangininthere” brings up a good and very true arguement that it is risky business. I have had the same opinion about it being risky, and i have been on FIN for 2.5 years which has halted my hairloss (even had some thickening or regrowth, for now atleast. If i were to get a small HT procedure to close my temples in nobody would likely ever think i had suffered from alopecia. I haven’t gone through with having a procedure because I know the risks, and I just don’t see enough evidence from the scientific field that they will have anything viable to help treat hairloss anytime soon. Just the usual 5 year promise.

Golfjunkie, you’re results do look great… would you be available to meet?

Sorry, not available for meet…

» Sorry, not available for meet…I’m still very private about all this

» This is a good topic with many good points from different posters.
» “Hangininthere” brings up a good and very true arguement that it is risky
» business. I have had the same opinion about it being risky, and i have been
» on FIN for 2.5 years which has halted my hairloss (even had some thickening
» or regrowth, for now atleast. If i were to get a small HT procedure to
» close my temples in nobody would likely ever think i had suffered from
» alopecia. I haven’t gone through with having a procedure because I know the
» risks, and I just don’t see enough evidence from the scientific field that
» they will have anything viable to help treat hairloss anytime soon. Just
» the usual 5 year promise.
»
» Golfjunkie, you’re results do look great… would you be available to meet?

Hanging is so right, let’s not forget for a lot of people Propecia either dont work at all or stop working after some point, so once you’ve started the hair transplant journey, you pretty much deny yourself the option of going bald naturally.

» » Sorry, not available for meet…I’m still very private about all this

I completely understand and can respect the fact that you want to remain confidential about this. Thanks for giving me an explanation why you aren’t interested in meeting also.

I still have not seen any HT’s in person. Well actually I saw an older man in NYC at the javits center autoshow who clearly had an old transplant with plugs. All of the plugs were showing since his natural hairline had disappeared.

» » » Sorry, not available for meet…I’m still very private about all this
»
» I completely understand and can respect the fact that you want to remain
» confidential about this. Thanks for giving me an explanation why you aren’t
» interested in meeting also.
»
» I still have not seen any HT’s in person. Well actually I saw an older man
» in NYC at the javits center autoshow who clearly had an old transplant with
» plugs. All of the plugs were showing since his natural hairline had
» disappeared.

Minitor,

This Armani patient is available to meet.

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-40762-page-0-category-2-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC.html

This result looks amazing and I’m even more impressed with how it looks straight out of a shower.

I’m hoping to get a FUE procedure done soon and I have actually already started using finasteride some time ago. Unfortunately, I’m finding that it has certain side effects and I’m not really sure if it’s actually doing anything. Can anyone give me any insight on dutasteride? I’ve actually never heard of this drug and if anyone has any opinions on finasteride versus duasteride, I’d be very interested.

Thanks in advance.

tthabet - Dut is a more powerful DHT blocker and has shown to be more effective at blocking DHT than Propecia. I’ve been taking it for almost 3 years and although at first I had some mild side effects they tapered off and now soon everything went back to normal. It’s been holding my hair well too with thickening in my crown and I haven’t noticed any further thinning. One draw back of Dut is it seems to take a long time to kick in. After the one year point it seems to really have noticible effects but if you give up before that point you may not see much effect.

» This result looks amazing and I’m even more impressed with how it looks
» straight out of a shower.
»
» I’m hoping to get a FUE procedure done soon and I have actually already
» started using finasteride some time ago. Unfortunately, I’m finding that it
» has certain side effects and I’m not really sure if it’s actually doing
» anything. Can anyone give me any insight on dutasteride? I’ve actually
» never heard of this drug and if anyone has any opinions on finasteride
» versus duasteride, I’d be very interested.
»
» Thanks in advance.

For hairtransplant relations this is the best place to get information. For hair loss oral treatments you’d get tons of info in the other index on this site, here’s a link…
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum-category-5.html

» This result looks amazing and I’m even more impressed with how it looks
» straight out of a shower.
»
» I’m hoping to get a FUE procedure done soon and I have actually already
» started using finasteride some time ago. Unfortunately, I’m finding that it
» has certain side effects and I’m not really sure if it’s actually doing
» anything. Can anyone give me any insight on dutasteride? I’ve actually
» never heard of this drug and if anyone has any opinions on finasteride
» versus duasteride, I’d be very interested.
»
» Thanks in advance.

Would you be willing to talk about you’re HT experience over the phone sometime?

Hey Golfjunkie,

Your hair is looking great. Seriously, it’s totally dense, thick very natural. Kudos and congrats.

Gabriel

Wow those results really are amazing! Such great density for 2500 grafts. Dr. Sarah Armani is such a fantastic surgeon. Congrats!

»

»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»

Awsome results. One of the best in my opinion. Thanks for the update.

With great risk in some cases comes great reward. For me being younger than 30 and dealing with hairloss was incredibly troubling. I look in the mirror and thank my lucky stars that my HT turned out so well. my friends, my current girlfriend and people i meet say, “wow your hair is so thick you’ll never go bald”. If they only knew that i indeed was going bald before i took a stand at least “not yet”. I do agree that all the possible interventions that we currently have are not true “cures” so to speak but still great ways to delay the signs of balding. My procedure gave me back my youth, and i can’t even explain how great full I really am.

» This is a good topic with many good points from different posters.
» “Hangininthere” brings up a good and very true arguement that it is risky
» business. I have had the same opinion about it being risky, and i have been
» on FIN for 2.5 years which has halted my hairloss (even had some thickening
» or regrowth, for now atleast. If i were to get a small HT procedure to
» close my temples in nobody would likely ever think i had suffered from
» alopecia. I haven’t gone through with having a procedure because I know the
» risks, and I just don’t see enough evidence from the scientific field that
» they will have anything viable to help treat hairloss anytime soon. Just
» the usual 5 year promise.
»
» Golfjunkie, you’re results do look great… would you be available to meet?

Your absolutely right, it is a risk. I think people have to be honest with themselves and really think about whether or not this is right for them. there is a certain progression of hair loss that is unique to each individual. now granted it may change over the years but the type and severity have to be accounted for. a person that is balding like george castanza would not be the best candidate for a large procedure becasue of how rapid and how severe the hair loss was in his case. even with the inclusion of medication the end result is guaranteed.

» its a huge assumption to say that fin or dut will save their hair, these
» either have side effects or dont work at all or stop working after some
» point
»
» now Me i dont think its a big risk i have stablized my hair for 10 yrs, a
» lot of guys have not even stabilized their hair for one year and they get a
» transplant
»
» but i think these guys with these great looking thick transplants , if
» they cannot stabilize and stop their fallout are taking a huge risk of
» looking like a freak years later
»
» getting a natural looking transplant is not the problem
» future thinning is the problem
»
» I once had a doc send me a brochure saying he was retiring as a transplant
» surgeon , because he was disillusioned at the profession. He said he was
» judging himself on how the hair looked after the transplant or a year
» later. then when he saw many patients 10 yrs or 15 yrs later their hair was
» a disaster. he had filled in the crown and it looked great at first then 10
» yrs later they continued to thin and had a bald halo around the crown, and
» they didnt have enough donor hair to fix it. He was very digusted at not
» being able to deal with this future thinning
»
» take a guy like George Castanza on seinfeld, the actor who played him.
» What if he had done a thick marvelous transplant like this, when he very
» first started thinning in the first year, and looked fabulous, then look
» what happened to his hair later, it would be a disaster now to have that
» thick frontal hairline and temples with a bald head behind it, and you
» cannot fix that with a transplant no way in hell.
»
» He would be laughed at constantly and probably be suicidal
»
» this is what I mean that these guys are taking such a chance

sorry to bump up an old thread but my ht with armani is only weeks away. each day closer i get more nervous - have no idea why. sometimes i think that “what if they’re operating on me and i jump in my sleep and screw up my scalp!” crazy thoughts go through your mind i suppose. but my goal is to get a hairline like golfjunkie’s. i’m nervous as to whether or not i can actually achieve the same results as othing is promising. i have no doubt i’ve chosen the best surgeon for the job; it’s me im more concerned about. dring that month i took off from my work but i will be doing renovations around my home to utilize that time. i hope i am not compromising my results.

one more thing, to those who went to armani for their surgery, did you guys stay in a hotel near by? if so send me some info and tell me ure experience. i live in toronto too but i dont think i’ll be in the mood to go home after the surgery and drive all the way back to the clinic, so i figure i may be better off staying in a hotel near by to make it more convenient. is it walking distance to the clinic from the hotel? how long did ure next day post op follow up take? share ure post op experience fellas - thanks.

»

»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»