Observations on the Follica patent

Here are some observations on the Follica patent.

The important experiment (on human skin growing human hair):

EXAMPLE 7

EDIHN-INDUCES NEW HAIR FOLLICLES IN HUMAN SKIN

MATERIALS AND EXPERIMENTAL METHODS

Grafting

[000210] Discarded human, adult scalp from the preauricular area obtained from plastic surgery was grafted onto immunodeficient (scid) mice. The graft was bandaged and allowed to heal, then was used in the wound healing study 3 months after grafting.

RESULTS

[000211 ] To determine whether human skin responded to EDIHN as did mouse skin, human skin was grafted onto SCID (immuno-deficient) mice and subjected to depilation by plucking and wound induction three days later. Seven days following wound induction, formation of new HF was observed in the human skin (Figure 2 IA; arrows indicate new HF) by hematoxylin and eosin staining of paraffin embedded tissue sections.

[000212] In additional experiments, adult human skin was grafted onto mice., abraded, and examined at 7 days post-abrasion. New HF were generated in the human skkx, which mimicked normal hair follicle formation during fetal development, as evidenced by staining for SlOO A6 or S100A4 (Figure 21B).

P-7628-PC

[000213] The results of this Example show that EDIHN can be used to generate hair growth inhuman skin as for mouse skin.

The new hair germs were formed in seven days, indicating the re-epilithialization period in human skin is shorter than in murine skin.

What they appear to be doing is this:

1)They pluck your existing hairs or depilate them out of the thinning area three days before wounding. This upped the number of new hairs grown in all experiments.

2)The abrade the skin (or CO2 laser it). They also put you on or administer a EGF-receptor blocker or a compound that inhbits EGF production in the skin. You will not be able to administer any ointment or any healing or anti-infective agent to the skin for a few days at least. I think three was the minumum mentioned in the patent. One might be water washing their head or using a very basic shampoo during this time. Its also mentioned in the patent that one is not to use any healing ointment or any substance that assists with infections at all for several days after the wounding, or any bandages at all. Im pretty sure they will not want you to sleep on the abraded part of the scalp for at least 3-5 days during the re-epilithialization period.

1. After day 3 to day 12, you will be putting on a compound that is either WNT protiens or lithium salts or other lithium compounds that mimic WNT in the skin for certain. WNT manipulation was the biggest factor in success in the graph adjacent to the patent, and mice that had wnt overexpressed grew about ten times as much hair at first glance, even though mice that were simply wounded and the wound was allowed to heal utterly naturally did grow some hair.

2. “Other” compounds along with wnt or wnt-mimetics will be used to help the process. A great many are mentioned. Anti-androgens like finasteride, fluridil, flutamide, cyterperone acetate, and spiro are mentioned in the patent as antiandrogens. Estrogen repceptor agonsits are mentioned. Beta Catenin, Minoxidil, FIberblast growth factor, - bromoindirubin-3’-oxime (BIO, hedgehog, certain dna fragments, particular nucleotides, hair follicle stem cells, DP cells, inner and outer root sheath cells are all mentioned in the patent as substances that can enhance hair follicle formation. Whatever compound they come up with might contain them all or at least several of them. There were a few more substances mentioned here also.

After about day 12 or so, it looks like they dont mention using anything else, so I imagine the process will be done at that time and you will be waiting another month or so to actually see little hairs emerging from your scalp.

Here is my take…This will almost certainly work in the back of the head----or the donor area. It should also work in parts of the scalp that have hair, whereby they can abrade the skin between existing hairs with a small instrument, resulting in thicker hair. Dermabrasion does not go deep, it merely removes the epilithial layer. Hair follicles in anagen reside 2-4 mm down in the dermis, and thus wont be hurt by it if they were not plucked. Im not so sure about the signalling environment or the reproductive capablilty of bald skin, especially long-bald skin, but I hope its effective there also. We will see, they are going right for human trials as they obviously think they have a winner. This is probably too complex to try at home, but I imagine the first co-hort will tell us all we need to know about its chances of working over large areas of the scalp------and soon. We might know by the end of the summer in fact, or only a couple of months after they commence a trial. Even if it makes “some” hair, refining the process with the correct compounds will probably enable it to make alot of hair. What I worry about is the human immune system marking these hairs (or better yet, not marking them as its been found recently that balding hairs have a substance removed from them that keeps the immune system from attacking them, resulting in loss of their immunological priveleges, hence why they die on us). I do not worry about this in the donor area scalp though. I think this will work in the back for sure, Im not sure about the front-----but here is to hoping.

I can’t help but wonder if a combination of the Follica and InterCytex treatments holds the solution to MPB. Follica to generate consistent hair volume, InterCytex to stabilize the new hair against the effects of DHT.

» I can’t help but wonder if a combination of the Follica and InterCytex
» treatments holds the solution to MPB. Follica to generate consistent hair
» volume, InterCytex to stabilize the new hair against the effects of DHT.
»
»
»
»
Perhaps Acell could augment Follica’s treatment.

Do the skin peal then wait 3 days and apply Acell.

» Here are some observations on the Follica patent.
»
»
» The important experiment (on human skin growing human hair):
»
» EXAMPLE 7
»
» EDIHN-INDUCES NEW HAIR FOLLICLES IN HUMAN SKIN
»
» MATERIALS AND EXPERIMENTAL METHODS
»
» Grafting
»
» [000210] Discarded human, adult scalp from the preauricular area obtained
» from plastic surgery was grafted onto immunodeficient (scid) mice. The
» graft was bandaged and allowed to heal, then was used in the wound healing
» study 3 months after grafting.
»
» RESULTS
»
» [000211 ] To determine whether human skin responded to EDIHN as did mouse
» skin, human skin was grafted onto SCID (immuno-deficient) mice and
» subjected to depilation by plucking and wound induction three days later.
» Seven days following wound induction, formation of new HF
» was observed in the human skin
(Figure 2 IA; arrows indicate
» new HF) by hematoxylin and eosin staining of paraffin embedded tissue
» sections.
»
» [000212] In additional experiments, adult human skin was grafted onto
» mice., abraded, and examined at 7 days post-abrasion. New HF were
» generated in the human skkx, which mimicked normal hair follicle formation
» during fetal development, as evidenced by staining for SlOO A6 or S100A4
» (Figure 21B).
»
» P-7628-PC
»
» [000213] The results of this Example show that EDIHN can be used to
» generate hair growth inhuman skin as for mouse skin.
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
» The new hair germs were formed in seven days, indicating the
» re-epilithialization period in human skin is shorter than in murine skin.
»
»
» What they appear to be doing is this:
»
»
»
» 1)They pluck your existing hairs or depilate them out of the thinning area
» three days before wounding. This upped the number of new hairs grown in all
» experiments.
»
»
»
» 2)The abrade the skin (or CO2 laser it). They also put you on or
» administer a EGF-receptor blocker or a compound that inhbits EGF
» production in the skin. You will not be able to administer any ointment or
» any healing or anti-infective agent to the skin for a few days at least. I
» think three was the minumum mentioned in the patent. One might be water
» washing their head or using a very basic shampoo during this time. Its
» also mentioned in the patent that one is not to use any healing ointment
» or any substance that assists with infections at all for several days
» after the wounding, or any bandages at all. Im pretty sure they will not
» want you to sleep on the abraded part of the scalp for at least 3-5 days
» during the re-epilithialization period.
»
»
»
» 3) After day 3 to day 12, you will be putting on a compound that is
» either WNT protiens or lithium salts or other lithium compounds that mimic
» WNT in the skin for certain. WNT manipulation was the biggest factor in
» success in the graph adjacent to the patent, and mice that had wnt
» overexpressed grew about ten times as much hair at first glance, even
» though mice that were simply wounded and the wound was allowed to heal
» utterly naturally did grow some hair.
»
»
»
» 4) “Other” compounds along with wnt or wnt-mimetics will be used to help
» the process. A great many are mentioned. Anti-androgens like finasteride,
» fluridil, flutamide, cyterperone acetate, and spiro are mentioned in the
» patent as antiandrogens. Estrogen repceptor agonsits are mentioned. Beta
» Catenin, Minoxidil, FIberblast growth factor, - bromoindirubin-3’-oxime
» (BIO, hedgehog, certain dna fragments, particular nucleotides, hair
» follicle stem cells, DP cells, inner and outer root sheath cells are all
» mentioned in the patent as substances that can enhance hair follicle
» formation. Whatever compound they come up with might contain them all or
» at least several of them. There were a few more substances mentioned here
» also.
»
»
»
»
»
» After about day 12 or so, it looks like they dont mention using anything
» else, so I imagine the process will be done at that time and you will be
» waiting another month or so to actually see little hairs emerging from
» your scalp.
»
»
»
»
»
» Here is my take…This will almost certainly work in the
» back of the head----or the donor area. It should also work in parts of the
» scalp that have hair, whereby they can abrade the skin between existing
» hairs with a small instrument, resulting in thicker hair. Dermabrasion
» does not go deep, it merely removes the epilithial layer. Hair follicles
» in anagen reside 2-4 mm down in the dermis, and thus wont be hurt by it if
» they were not plucked. Im not so sure about the signalling environment or
» the reproductive capablilty of bald skin, especially long-bald skin, but I
» hope its effective there also. We will see, they are going right for human
» trials as they obviously think they have a winner. This is probably too
» complex to try at home, but I imagine the first co-hort will tell us all
» we need to know about its chances of working over large areas of the
» scalp------and soon. We might know by the end of the summer in fact, or
» only a couple of months after they commence a trial. Even if it makes
» “some” hair, refining the process with the correct compounds will probably
» enable it to make alot of hair. What I worry about is the human immune
» system marking these hairs (or better yet, not marking them as its been
» found recently that balding hairs have a substance removed from them that
» keeps the immune system from attacking them, resulting in loss of their
» immunological priveleges, hence why they die on us). I do not worry about
» this in the donor area scalp though. I think this will work in the back
» for sure, Im not sure about the front-----but here is to hoping.

Great post! Thanks for the info. Very enlightening. I think Follica is the one to watch in the race for commercial application. As for its effectiveness in areas other than donor, I have to imagine they expect some positive results there as well, otherwise this would only be considered an adjunct to traditional HT, and given the way Follica is promoting their product, they seem to think it will be a stand-alone treatment. I suspect the real breakthrough (obviously) is in the compounds applied post wounding.

“…and given the way Follica is promoting their product, they seem to think it will be a stand-alone treatment. I suspect the real breakthrough (obviously) is in the compounds applied post wounding.

You may be quite right about that, and I hope you are, consider this:

Recently a genetic discovery was made (I think Skiploss posted it in the forum), regarding Using DNA samples from 11 members of a Saudi Arabian family that had inherited the a rare condition affecting 1 in 200,000 people who lose hair in childhood and early teens, the researchers found that a mutation in the P2Y5 gene prevented proteins called growth receptors on hair follicle cells from forming properly.

This meant a substance needed to stimulate hair growth could not attach to the defective receptors and may help explain hair loss, the researchers said. The finding could lead to drugs that target these proteins to boost hair growth, they added.

If such a substance could be added to the “cocktail” during the period that these hairs form (days 3-12 or 1-12), or if some of the other genetic genes responsible for MPB can be counteracted with various topicals during this crucial period WHEN THE HAIRS FORM during these ALL-IMPORTANT 9-10 DAYS, the hairs formed up front might very well be completely very resistant to male hormone just like someone who does not have MPB. Thats, of course, “out there” in the future as all genes have not been identified as of yet, but the human genome has indeed been mapped. Its a matter of looking through a very big haystack to be sure, but science is looking through that haystack every single day at this point. Even if the hairs formed in the present are just like the ones you have…you get a second chance to get on finasteride and use nizoral at the very least to attempt to keep them from INCEPTION this time. They might not fall at all if you do so. You noticed that in the patent they mention using anti-androgens during this time…high androgens during pregnancy correlate mathematically with physical phenomena later like long ring fingers (my ring fingers are quite a bit longer than my index fingers, almost as long as my middle finger…indicating that my mother had high androgens comparitively speaking in her pregnancy with me). I dont remember if there was a correlation with long ring fingers and baldness, but I think a statsitically signifigant ratio was observed there. It cant be good. Just with the anti-androgens (they mentioned flutatmide, fluridil, cyterperone acetate, and finasteride in the patent), you might have much better hairs forming up there. One may feel icky for nine or ten days on flutamide, but if it mean DHT-resistant hair…I think I could handle it.

Even if the hairs
» formed in the present are just like the ones you
» have…you get a second chance to get on finasteride and
» use nizoral at the very least to attempt to keep them from INCEPTION this
» time. They might not fall at all if you do so.

I think this is also a very good point. Many have wondered with pessimissm if the new hair would exhibit the same susceptibility to DHT. Even if they do, you are likely to keep that hair for a much longer period of time as long as you stick to a strict anti-androgen regiment. You could have a full (or full-looking) head of hair for years before having to undergo the treatment again. It buys you time, during which other treatments are sure to develop.

I appreciate the fact that “somebody” out there is appreciative that Ive went through the damned patent. I cannot fathom why this hasn’t generated more attention from some on this forum. I mean hell, they are laying out EXACTLY WHAT THEY INTEND TO TRY in the patent before us. We can read through it and discuss it at length intelligently together, but some people have just decided that they’d rather have ICX or Aderans because they have been anticipating it for so long. Its as if a farmer is pissed off during a drought that its beginning to rain in the daytime everyday and thus saving his crops instead of raining at night when he is inside the house anyway and would rather it rain at that time because it doesnt interfere with his daytime activities. Id just be happy for the rain if I were him. I have no ideological preference for real PERMANENT hair replacement for mankind. I just want hair in my temples that will be permanent and wont thin out the back of my head unnaturally. If standing on my head and wanking off while chewing garlic and onions simultaneously would give me that…I’d be doing it.

Here is their patent if you want to read it, WIPO - Search International and National Patent Collections

Alot of it can be merely “skimmed”. When you get to the example section, example 7 is the one that used human skin on a mouse’s back, and grew human hair. Thats the one Im interested in. I read all the experiments. Much in a patent is very repeditive and is better “skimmed” quickly to get down to the paragraphs that have intricate meaning. They cover all possible angles via seperate “embodiments” so no one esle can “cop” the procedure partially with an approach they left out, even if its not the best approach. For instance, you cannot really patent merely wounding the skin, so any possible topical that will enhance the procedure that they could think up has been included. How many they will actually put in their 9-day topical (other than an EGF-receptor blocker that might be used for 12 days) I dont know.

I dont know if these people will have luck, or fall on their faces…but they (this included Albert Kligman who is at the University of Pennsylvania Dermatology Department, Costarialis, Stenn—who is a advisor to Follica, and all the doctors at Penn’s Derm department) believe that it will. NBC’s medical correspondant, Dr. Nancy Snyderman seemed to be very impressed with it and stated “3 years” or “maybe sooner”. She thinks its going to work. I for one, am sure as hell wishing them luck.

» I appreciate the fact that “somebody” out there is appreciative that Ive
» went through the damned patent. I cannot fathom why this hasn’t generated
» more attention from some on this forum. I mean hell, they are laying out

»
» I dont know if these people will have luck, or fall on their
» faces…but they (this included Albert Kligman who is at the
» University of Pennsylvania Dermatology Department, Costarialis,
» Stenn—who is a advisor to Follica, and all the doctors at Penn’s Derm
» department) believe that it will. NBC’s medical correspondant, Dr. Nancy
» Snyderman seemed to be very impressed with it and stated “3 years” or
» “maybe sooner”. She thinks its going to work. I for one, am sure as hell
» wishing them luck.

What has peaked my interest about Follica is the people involved. These are doctors at the top of their field from a top 3 American university. That alone raises their credibility above ICX (does anyone know who the brains are behind that operation besides a HT clinic in the UK?). I think Follica will be the first to market, and the first with significant results.

Hey Benji,

Great post, as always. Now I always wonder about the pessimism with the dermabrasion plus signaling working on bald scalp. I’ve always been skeptical about ICX-TRC and Aderans, but I was blown away last year with Follica. I think they have the most promising technique for creating a new full head of hair. Now here are some arguments FOR the Follia technique working on bald scalp:

1. Embryonic growth stages: in the Science article last year, the scientists were shocked that the new hair developed, in a series of stages, from embryonnic-like stem cells to full-fledged hair follicles. That is, the new hairs will be created de novo implying they will be created under “normal” conditions without programmed sensitivity to DHT (I know, I know, I’m not buying this that much but at least it’s possible since we know the hairs are de novo rather than rejuvenation).

2. Anecdotes on efficacy: I’ve read and heard a number of anecdotes from bald men on how they have hair growing in DHT-sensitive areas from various forms of surgical or accident scars. I know at least one of these “anecdotes” is real.

Best,
BB

» Here is my take…This will almost certainly work in the
» back of the head----or the donor area. It should also work in parts of the
» scalp that have hair, whereby they can abrade the skin between existing
» hairs with a small instrument, resulting in thicker hair. Dermabrasion
» does not go deep, it merely removes the epilithial layer. Hair follicles
» in anagen reside 2-4 mm down in the dermis, and thus wont be hurt by it if
» they were not plucked. Im not so sure about the signalling environment or
» the reproductive capablilty of bald skin, especially long-bald skin, but I
» hope its effective there also. We will see, they are going right for human
» trials as they obviously think they have a winner. This is probably too
» complex to try at home, but I imagine the first co-hort will tell us all
» we need to know about its chances of working over large areas of the
» scalp------and soon. We might know by the end of the summer in fact, or
» only a couple of months after they commence a trial. Even if it makes
» “some” hair, refining the process with the correct compounds will probably
» enable it to make alot of hair. What I worry about is the human immune
» system marking these hairs (or better yet, not marking them as its been
» found recently that balding hairs have a substance removed from them that
» keeps the immune system from attacking them, resulting in loss of their
» immunological priveleges, hence why they die on us). I do not worry about
» this in the donor area scalp though. I think this will work in the back
» for sure, Im not sure about the front-----but here is to hoping.

» 1)They pluck your existing hairs or depilate them out of the thinning area
» three days before wounding. This upped the number of new hairs grown in all
» experiments.

i) What about people with minitaurized hair, how would they pluck those tiny hair? I doubt waxing would be of any use at those regions either.

ii) Does the patent say how deep they dermabrade the skin?

I did mention it earlier…I’m thinking of getting a medium skin peel (removes epidermis layer) and I don’t mind waxing/plucking hair on top before I do it. You think something like this would be of any help? It does fit into the whole thing Follica is trying to do except for using lithium afterwards.

Goata mentioned: "i) What about people with minitaurized hair, how would they pluck those tiny hair? I doubt waxing would be of any use at those regions either. They would probably use delipatories like NAIR. Thats what they used on some of the mice. It removes hair. Wax would indeed remove the vellus hairs also----quite painfully Im sure. In the patent, they depilated the existing hairs three days before the abrasion

ii) Does the patent say how deep they dermabrade the skin?
They remove the epidermal layer, that is it. Not deeper. It would not interfere with existing anagen follilces. There was no blood on the mice or the human skin. The skin was “pink and smooth and shiny” afterwards. The advise you to not use any ointment or healing agent of any kind for at least three days. No bandages either and no anti-infectives. To be honest, it would be best to water wash the hair only for at least four or five days afterwards.
If someone were to try this, (and I dont encourage that to be honest, they are refining the procedure) by what they have in the patent one would need to depilate, wait three days and abrade, wait three more days and apply a lithium compound or lithium chloride and minoxidil until day 12. It would be better to be on finasteride during the entire time also or to use another topical anti-androgen that was mentioned in the patent like fluridil or flutamide. After day 12 one could quit the topicals.

One would still be foregoing an epidermal growth factor inhibitor, and that was (other than wnt7a, the most prominent compound mentioned in the patent). Ive read that some polyphenols in real apple juice inhibit EGF to some extent as well as green tea and quercetin and reservatrol. The last three are anti-angiogenic however, and new blood vessel formation is something one probably would want during this time.

I have a feeling that the cocktail they come up with will be a vastly greater than anything any of us could concoct at home. Id definitely read the living fuck out of the patent If I were contemplating it and know it backwards and forwards.

BB, Ive come across a guy with a wounded head with strangely thick hair growth in the wounded area myself. It was a damned dent (and a big one) from an obviously bad car wreck. Hair was thick and dark therein. It was in the temporal area. He had hair, but his hair looked a bit thicker and better in the big indentation. Ive read of a few weird instances where car accident victimes grew hair in head wounds on bald pates and one instance where some dude got hit by lighting on his noggin and started regrowing his hair. Then there was the minoxidil injecting-guy and the guy whose dad did the garlic and razor blade thing on his crown.

Hey benji,

You wrote: “…the garlic and razor blade thing on his crown.” What is that about? That sounds very interesting… crushed garlic yields allicin, a powerful antibiotic and anti-fungal compound… but of course there are also all sorts of flavonoids in garlic…

Best,
BB

» I just want hair in my
» temples that will be permanent and wont thin out the back of my head
» unnaturally. If standing on my head and wanking off while chewing garlic
» and onions simultaneously would give me that…I’d be doing it.

You mean it DOESN’T?!? Damn, after all these years, maybe I should stop then, huh?

» Hey benji,
»
» You wrote: “…the garlic and razor blade thing on his crown.” What is
» that about? That sounds very interesting… crushed garlic yields allicin,
» a powerful antibiotic and anti-fungal compound… but of course there are
» also all sorts of flavonoids in garlic…
»
» Best,
» BB

There was a guy a while back on one of the sites, that said his DAD cut his vertex bald spot in alot of places with little cuts with a razor blade and put garlic on it and grew some “new” hair. Garlic has lithium in it as a trace element. Its second only to tobacco for “natural” amounts of lithium found in nature. Lithium chloride mimics wnt-signalling in the skin, and lithium “salts” and lithium “compounds” are mentioned as possibilities in the Follica patent, although they will almost assuredly just use the wnt protiens themselves instead.

» There was a guy a while back on one of the sites, I think HLH, that said
» his DAD cut his vertex bald spot in alot of places with little cuts with a
» razor blade and put garlic on it and grew some “new” hair. Garlic has
» lithium in it as a trace element. Its second only to tobacco for “natural”
» amounts of lithium found in nature. Lithium chloride mimics wnt-signalling
» in the skin, and lithium “salts” and lithium “compounds” are mentioned as
» possibilities in the Follica patent, although they will almost assuredly
» just use the wnt protiens themselves instead.

ok…I had to post this. Someone just told me about a herbal remedy to cure baldness and it is based on garlic!

its about mixing lots of garlic & cloves in oil (mustard or olive) and heating it for a while so it gets absorbed in the oil and then applying it everynight before going to bed. The weired thing is the guy who told this remedy is a herbal doctor (no MBBS and has no knowledge of Follica) and he was talking about how this would create NEW follicles and it needs to be applied for around 6 months to see new hair.

Lithium in various foods

I should mention this…I did NOT buy this receipe or paid anything to the guy but he guaranteed new hair growth.

Another thing that I’ve heard a LOT is that frequently shaving head from a blade (not razor) is also helpful for hairloss…I can’t stop thinking its because a blade is more abrasive than a razor and will probably remove the upper layers of the skin, causing it to heal. If we combine this and the garlic oil receipe we may have a good combo - a lighter/safe version of what follica is doing i.e. abrasion followed by lithium application. What do you think about this benji??

» If we combine this and the garlic oil receipe we may have a good combo - a
» lighter/safe version of what follica is doing i.e. abrasion followed by
» lithium application. What do you think about this benji??

Lithium is dirt cheap and widely available on the Internet. So you may as well just use that.

I plan on trying a home experiment this week (abrasion with sandpaper + lithium)…but not on my head. I’ll most likely choose a small spot on my abdomen.

» Lithium is dirt cheap and widely available on the Internet. So you may as
» well just use that.

Its probably synthetic lithium…I’d stick with garlic stuff, just to be on the safe side.

» I plan on trying a home experiment this week (abrasion with sandpaper +
» lithium)…but not on my head. I’ll most likely choose a small spot on my
» abdomen.

I’m planning on going BIG :smiley: I’ll start applying this stuff on my head soon. As for abrasion, I’m thinking about getting BHA scalp peels, they are mild but effective in removing upper layers & invigorating the skin.

If you go renegade and try this Follica method at home, then how/what are you gonna use to suppress the WNT signalling for the nine days like they do?

I thought the nine-day thing was the way they beat the colorless hair issue. I’m not sure what other roles it might have played.

» I thought the nine-day thing was the way they beat the colorless hair
» issue. I’m not sure what other roles it might have played.

I just went through the summary of the patent that benji posted…actually for 9 days they are upregulating WNT signalling intead of suppressing it. They suppress EGF for first 3 days.

They also noted that just wounding the scalp seemed to create new follicles too but WNT manipulation had the most effect on new number of follicles formed. Not really sure why they are inhibiting EGF though, benji?

As of color issue, my understanding is that hair color comes from the epidermis (outermost layer of the skin with melanin in it) - since we already have pigmented skin we should get the same color in new hair, at least theoreticly.

To sum up: BHA chemical peels = safe abrasion & garlic etc = lithium (increased WNT signalling)…so according to the patent, doing this alone should create lots of new terminal hairs.