Nizoral IS a DHT blocker

» If a drug inhibits the receptor from binding to DHT, isn’t it essentially
» blocking DHT? Whether it inhibits the receptor site or binds to it
» itself, it is still stopping DHT from binding. Right?

Yes, but describing it that way gives the false impression that ketoconazole somehow targets DHT, which it doesn’t. Just use the correct terminology: it’s an androgen receptor blocker, or antiandrogen.

» » If a drug inhibits the receptor from binding to DHT, isn’t it
» essentially
» » blocking DHT? Whether it inhibits the receptor site or binds to it
» » itself, it is still stopping DHT from binding. Right?
»
» Yes, but describing it that way gives the false impression that
» ketoconazole somehow targets DHT, which it doesn’t. Just use the
» correct terminology: it’s an androgen receptor blocker, or antiandrogen.

DHT is considered an androgen, thus androgen receptor blockers block DHT,

same thing with nettles pygeum, Saw Palmetto they block androgens which includes DHT at the receptor sites of the hair follicles and prostate…so to me that means they block DHT, one way or another, as well as being 5 AR inhibitors

screaming about calling them DHT blockers, is a waste of time, either they help with hair loss or they dont, thats the only important issue, splitting hairs about what to call them, is pointless

you can sit there until the cows come home debating how something works, the question is DOES IT WORK…

to me the most important questions about any topical or supplement are two questions

1. does it have serious or longterm side effects,
  2. does it WORK on that person, stop his hair loss or cause regrowth

anything else, is to me a bit of a time waster

I can take Saw Palmetto for example, …guy trys it,me…and it took my hair loss from 200 per day down to about 20 in about 2 weeks. Side effects…none that I noticed, no decrease in libido, no heart palpitations, no SHED that lasted for a month, nothing only positive results.

Now guys can sit there for years debating how exactly it works, whether it decreases DHT in the blood, by inhibiting 5 AR, whether it blocks androgrens at the receptor site, etc, etc , but really, if there are no long term side effects and IT WORKS…WHO REALLY CARES, HOW? I CERTAINLY DONT

do you know exactly how your car engine works down to the minute details, the power steering anti lock brakes, 99 percent of the people could give a rats ass, as long as the CAR RUNS, AND RUNS CORRECTLY …

you need to get a hobby or something

I strongly suggest that you the same terms used by doctors and scientists, because their terminology is clear and unambiguous.

Case in point: I’ve seen at least a couple of people in just the last day or two refer to “DHT blockers”, and farther along in their posts I realized they were talking about finasteride and dutasteride. 'Nuff said.

» I strongly suggest that you the same terms used by doctors and scientists,
» because their terminology is clear and unambiguous.
»
» Case in point: I’ve seen at least a couple of people in just the last day
» or two refer to “DHT blockers”, and farther along in their posts I realized
» they were talking about finasteride and dutasteride. 'Nuff said.

Really? That is shocking

I would petition to have them banned, for being ignorant and not sticking to Bryans Rules

i’ve used Nizoral shampoo over the counter off and on for the past 15 years. It works the best out of all the shampoos I’ve tried for the scaly stuff i get on my head.