Nizoral - A word of caution

I’m trying to keep the Nizoral info in check for 1 reason:

Taken orally, this is some nasty side effects! It can cause liver damage.

Yes, we are not taking it orally, however slathering too much all over our heads can potentially cause some systemic absorbtion, and we don’t want that! So be cautious with how much you use.

I’m alternating days and using it sparingly on those days. It’s supposed to work for up to 72 hours after application, so even every other day is probably too much.

» I’m trying to keep the Nizoral info in check for 1 reason:
»
» Taken orally, this is some nasty side effects! It can cause liver
» damage.
»
» Yes, we are not taking it orally, however slathering too much all over our
» heads can potentially cause some systemic absorbtion, and we don’t want
» that! So be cautious with how much you use.
»
» I’m alternating days and using it sparingly on those days. It’s supposed
» to work for up to 72 hours after application, so even every other day is
» probably too much.

how long do you leave it on

Nizoral Cream - Nizoral Cream Side Effects - Nizoral Cream Information
Pharmacology: In vitro studies suggest that the antifungal properties of ketoconazole may be related to its ability to impair the synthesis of ergosterol, a component of fungal and yeast cell membranes. Without the availability of this essential sterol, there are morphological alterations of the fungal and yeast cell membranes manifested as abnormal membranous inclusions between the cell wall and the plasma membrane. The inhibition of ergosterol synthesis has been attributed to interference with the reactions involved in the removal of the 14 a-methyl group of the precursor of ergosterol, lanosterol.

Indications: For the topical treatment of tinea pedis, tinea corporis and tinea cruris caused by T. rubrum, T. mentagrophytes and E. floccosum ; and in the treatment of tinea versicolor (pityriasis) caused by M. furfur (P. orbiculare ); and in the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis caused by P. ovale ; and in the treatment of cutaneous candidiasis caused by C. albicans .

Contraindications: In persons who have shown hypersensitivity to the active or excipient ingredients of this formulation.

Warnings: Ketoconazole cream should never be employed for the treatment of infections of the eye.

To prevent a rebound effect after stopping a prolonged treatment with topical corticosteroids, it is recommended to continue applying a mild topical corticosteroid in the morning and to apply ketoconazole cream in the evening, and to subsequently and gradually withdraw the steroid therapy over a period of 2 to 3 weeks.

Precautions: If a reaction suggesting sensitivity or chemical irritation should occur, use of ketoconazole cream should be promptly discontinued.

Pregnancy and Lactation: Limited short-term studies in animals and in human volunteers on whom limited quantities of ketoconazole cream were tested have failed to demonstrate absorption of ketoconazole in detectable amounts. Due to the teratogenic nature of the active ingredient, ketoconazole, caution should be exercised when ketoconazole cream is administered to pregnant or nursing women.

Cross-sensitivity with miconazole and other imidazoles may exist and caution is suggested when ketoconazole cream is employed in patients with known sensitivities to imidazoles.

Adverse Effects: Short-term studies indicate that ketoconazole cream is well tolerated by the skin. During clinical trials, 43 (5.0%) of 867 patients treated with the cream and 3 (1.8%) of 167 patients treated with placebo reported side effects consisting mainly of severe irritation, pruritus and stinging. One of the patients treated with ketoconazole cream 2% developed a painful allergic reaction (swelling of the foot).

In rare circumstances, allergic local skin phenomena such as contact dermatitis have been associated with ketoconazole cream or one of its components, namely sodium sulfite or propylene glycol.

Overdose: Symptoms and Treatment: There has been no experience with overdosage of ketoconazole cream. Treatment should include general supportive measures.

Dosage: When clinically warranted, therapy with ketoconazole cream may be initiated while results of culture and susceptibility tests are pending. Treatment should be adjusted according to the findings.

Ketoconazole cream should be applied to the affected and immediate surrounding area in patients with the following conditions: (see Table I).

More resistant cases may be treated twice daily depending on patient response.

Seborrheic dermatitis: Use twice daily for 4 weeks.

The full course of therapy should be followed to reduce the possibility of recurrence. If however, there is no response within the recommended treatment period, the diagnosis should be re-evaluated.

The safety of ketoconazole cream has not been established with treatment periods exceeding those recommended; therefore, treatment must not exceed the recommended duration of therapy indicated above.

Supplied: Each g of white, odorless cream contains: ketoconazole 20 mg (2%). Nonmedicinal ingredients: cetyl alcohol, isopropyl myristate, polysorbate 60, polysorbate 80, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium bisulfite, sorbitan monostearate and stearyl alcohol. Tubes of 30 g. Store at room temperature, below 25°C. Keep from freezing.

IMPORTANT NOTE: THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS INTENDED TO SUPPLEMENT, NOT SUBSTITUTE FOR, THE EXPERTISE AND JUDGMENT OF YOUR PHYSICIAN, PHARMACIST OR OTHER HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL. IT SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED TO INDICATE THAT USE OF THE DRUG IS SAFE, APPROPRIATE, OR EFFECTIVE FOR YOU. CONSULT YOUR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL BEFORE USING THIS DRUG.

» how long do you leave it on

I put it on every other day in the morning after a shower and leave it on, just as the people in the Japenese study did. Although they did use it every day.

I saw a study where they used it on babies topically for cradle cap and could not detect it in their bloodstream, but I don’t know what the dosage was. Still, we should be cautious. Topical minoxidil can also get absorbed systemically and cause heart palpitations, etc, so why can’t this stuff get absorbed if too much is used.

» » how long do you leave it on
»
» I put it on in the morning after a shower and leave it on, just as the
» people in the Japenese study did.

hmm i didnt know they left it on,

the thing that makes me wonder is how you can get any results leaving it on for 10 mins, as you would do with the shampoo…the shampoo wrecked my hair in about a week of use

I am going to switch though and try once every three days

as you say, it might be adviseable, also the site i posted said they have never had overdose of nizoral cream but what does that mean? how do they know if the liver was damaged did they test it, most people dont use it for hairloss though so, they dont have many people to observe using it for like 5 or 12 months

I also think it even might work better to , if it needs to be every three days before it gets out of your system, possibly wait for four days , one day off with no nizoral in the system

i am having some strange things happen in my front hair, will update later, some days it looks better some days it looks worse

hard to remember how it looked when i started

If your using the shampoo,the directions on the bottle say no more then twice a week & you should leave it in your hair for 3-5 minutes then rinse.
I use it every 4 days & leave it in for 5 minutes.
Follow the damn instructions & be done with it. I don’t understand why people have to over analyse everything.

» If your using the shampoo,the directions on the bottle say no more then
» twice a week & you should leave it in your hair for 3-5 minutes then
» rinse.

For dandruff, not hair loss. That is the recommended minimum dosage to treat dandruff.

» If your using the shampoo,the directions on the bottle say no more then
» twice a week & you should leave it in your hair for 3-5 minutes then
» rinse.
» I use it every 4 days & leave it in for 5 minutes.
» Follow the damn instructions & be done with it. I don’t understand why
» people have to over analyse everything.

im not talking about the shampoo, the shampoo KILLED my hairs it is way too harsh with the hydrochloric acid

we are talking about the cream thats all we talk about, the cream really has no instructions on it, and even if it did they would be for anti fungal, not for hair loss uees

same with the shampoo , the instructions are for dandruff, not hair regrowth

» » If your using the shampoo,the directions on the bottle say no more then
» » twice a week & you should leave it in your hair for 3-5 minutes then
» » rinse.
»
» For dandruff, not hair loss. That is the recommended minimum dosage to
» treat dandruff.

I don’t suffer from dandruff,I suffer from MPB & HTP butchery.
A HTP doc told me to use Nizoral shampoo no more then twice a week & I have been using the shampoo for 4 1/2 weeks now.I didn’t take before photos,it would be pointless for me to but lets just say that using it twice a week,leaving it in there for 5 minutes is enough. Believe me,you guys know my story,I have no reason to lie.

» I don’t suffer from dandruff,I suffer from MPB & HTP butchery.
Sorry to hear about the HTP butchery.

» A HTP doc told me to use Nizoral shampoo no more then twice a week & I
» have been using the shampoo for 4 1/2 weeks now.
Sorry again, but I wouldn’t listen to a HTP doc regarding drugs.

» Sorry again, but I wouldn’t listen to a HTP doc regarding drugs.

Despite acknowledging the effects Niz has on DHT,this doc didn’t prescribe Nizoral to help fight my hairloss, he prescribed it to help fight another condition.This doc is a OK guy.He told me straight up that hm is the only thing that will help me.Many,many,many other HTP docs have bullshitted me with their techniques & couldn’t deliver.This Doc was straight up with me.
Using Nizoral hasn’t helped my condition but some other positive things are happening.The positive things won’t make any difference to me because I am a mangled mess but for someone who is just balding then the positive effects of Nizoral shampoo 2% should not be ignored.

» » Sorry again, but I wouldn’t listen to a HTP doc regarding drugs.
»
» Despite acknowledging the effects Niz has on DHT,this doc didn’t prescribe
» Nizoral to help fight my hairloss, he prescribed it to help fight another
» condition.This doc is a OK guy.He told me straight up that hm is the only
» thing that will help me.Many,many,many other HTP docs have bullshitted me
» with their techniques & couldn’t deliver.This Doc was straight up with me.
»
» Using Nizoral hasn’t helped my condition but some other positive things
» are happening.The positive things won’t make any difference to me because
» I am a mangled mess but for someone who is just balding then the positive
» effects of Nizoral shampoo 2% should not be ignored.

the shampoo is too harsh dont use it

Hanginintheir

interesting to see you comments on how your hair looks different in the front where you already have hair . Are you applying the shampoo or creams to this area? all over the head? or just in the back thinning area?

Because i would advise you to apply it all over your head, and report back preferably take before and after picks, so we can all see the results. if you are noticing difference in the front already i would say its a good sign ur shedding or growing and hence its working for you. What you may also notice is a change in texture.

I agree the shampoo is too harsh… but we need a product thats easy to apply and works and is not greasy… how do u apply the cream to areas that have hair and what does the hair look like after u apply it ? do you have to wash out the cream after you use it ?

Thats why im so interested in Keto Mouse and extina.

When extina is out it will be the best product to use with KEto becuase of the foam delivery vehicle. Keto Mouse is good but their is still some doubt if the zinc pyrithrone will have a negative effect on the follicle and outweigh the positives of the keto.

I will be trialling revita shampoo soon which contains keto and stop using nizoral.

also this new shampoo, that contains 0.5% keto no sls and PEG hence is gentle and containe ketoconaole taurine and saw palmeto… its marketed for hair loss and dandruff. I just found out about it yesterday… looks very intersing

http://www.stopallaforfora.it/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=5&id=28&Itemid=59

» » » Sorry again, but I wouldn’t listen to a HTP doc regarding drugs.
» »
» » Despite acknowledging the effects Niz has on DHT,this doc didn’t
» prescribe
» » Nizoral to help fight my hairloss, he prescribed it to help fight
» another
» » condition.This doc is a OK guy.He told me straight up that hm is the
» only
» » thing that will help me.Many,many,many other HTP docs have bullshitted
» me
» » with their techniques & couldn’t deliver.This Doc was straight up with
» me.
» »
» » Using Nizoral hasn’t helped my condition but some other positive things
» » are happening.The positive things won’t make any difference to me
» because
» » I am a mangled mess but for someone who is just balding then the
» positive
» » effects of Nizoral shampoo 2% should not be ignored.
»
» the shampoo is too harsh dont use it

» Hanginintheir
»
» interesting to see you comments on how your hair looks different in the
» front where you already have hair . Are you applying the shampoo or creams
» to this area? all over the head? or just in the back thinning area?
»
» Because i would advise you to apply it all over your head, and report back
» preferably take before and after picks, so we can all see the results. if
» you are noticing difference in the front already i would say its a good
» sign ur shedding or growing and hence its working for you. What you may
» also notice is a change in texture.
»
» I agree the shampoo is too harsh… but we need a product thats easy to
» apply and works and is not greasy… how do u apply the cream to areas that
» have hair and what does the hair look like after u apply it ? do you have
» to wash out the cream after you use it ?
»
» Thats why im so interested in Keto Mouse and extina.
»
» When extina is out it will be the best product to use with KEto becuase of
» the foam delivery vehicle. Keto Mouse is good but their is still some
» doubt if the zinc pyrithrone will have a negative effect on the follicle
» and outweigh the positives of the keto.
»
»
» I will be trialling revita shampoo soon which contains keto and stop using
» nizoral.
»
» also this new shampoo, that contains 0.5% keto no sls and PEG hence is
» gentle and containe ketoconaole taurine and saw palmeto… its marketed for
» hair loss and dandruff. I just found out about it yesterday… looks very
» intersing
»
»
» http://www.stopallaforfora.it/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=5&id=28&Itemid=59
»
»
»
»
»
» » » » Sorry again, but I wouldn’t listen to a HTP doc regarding drugs.
» » »
» » » Despite acknowledging the effects Niz has on DHT,this doc didn’t
» » prescribe
» » » Nizoral to help fight my hairloss, he prescribed it to help fight
» » another
» » » condition.This doc is a OK guy.He told me straight up that hm is the
» » only
» » » thing that will help me.Many,many,many other HTP docs have
» bullshitted
» » me
» » » with their techniques & couldn’t deliver.This Doc was straight up
» with
» » me.
» » »
» » » Using Nizoral hasn’t helped my condition but some other positive
» things
» » » are happening.The positive things won’t make any difference to me
» » because
» » » I am a mangled mess but for someone who is just balding then the
» » positive
» » » effects of Nizoral shampoo 2% should not be ignored.
» »
» » the shampoo is too harsh dont use it

It is difficult to apply the cream to areas that already have hair yes
i just shower before bed and apply it, overnight

I am a bit concerned about applying it daily so Chiahead and I are alternating days or once every three days

however the japanese study, said that they used it daily i believe

what is the condition of your hair overall, thin thinning

You can see my hair here:
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/galleryview.cfm?id=jk1|gallery3.cfm

My hair is only thinning in the frontal 1/3 atm.

At 17 yo my hair started falling out rapidly and thinned in the front over like 1 year. then i found the interent forums and began . Nizoral. Since then my hair all over thickened somewhat. 10 years later the top front has slowly slid to where you see it today. But i have a passport photo from 2 years ago with my hair longer and you couldnt tell i had any MPB, so i had a lot of hair up until recently, the only change i added 2 years ago was piractone oilamine… so im not sure if can blame the increased loss on that or becuase i started working out at the gym or becuase of gradual loss.

Im 27 now

My hair is fine all over except for the frontal 1/3 which i have just had 3700 FUe placed into.

Yeah by the Japanese study using it daily is a good indicator you could also.

I wish u good growth… i think you will get good result… so hoepfully you can take pics and post on here.

» » Hanginintheir
» »
» » interesting to see you comments on how your hair looks different in the
» » front where you already have hair . Are you applying the shampoo or
» creams
» » to this area? all over the head? or just in the back thinning area?
» »
» » Because i would advise you to apply it all over your head, and report
» back
» » preferably take before and after picks, so we can all see the results.
» if
» » you are noticing difference in the front already i would say its a
» good
» » sign ur shedding or growing and hence its working for you. What you may
» » also notice is a change in texture.
» »
» » I agree the shampoo is too harsh… but we need a product thats easy to
» » apply and works and is not greasy… how do u apply the cream to areas
» that
» » have hair and what does the hair look like after u apply it ? do you
» have
» » to wash out the cream after you use it ?
» »
» » Thats why im so interested in Keto Mouse and extina.
» »
» » When extina is out it will be the best product to use with KEto becuase
» of
» » the foam delivery vehicle. Keto Mouse is good but their is still some
» » doubt if the zinc pyrithrone will have a negative effect on the
» follicle
» » and outweigh the positives of the keto.
» »
» »
» » I will be trialling revita shampoo soon which contains keto and stop
» using
» » nizoral.
» »
» » also this new shampoo, that contains 0.5% keto no sls and PEG hence is
» » gentle and containe ketoconaole taurine and saw palmeto… its marketed
» for
» » hair loss and dandruff. I just found out about it yesterday… looks
» very
» » intersing
» »
» »
» »
» http://www.stopallaforfora.it/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=5&id=28&Itemid=59
» »
» »
» »
» »
» »
» » » » » Sorry again, but I wouldn’t listen to a HTP doc regarding drugs.
» » » »
» » » » Despite acknowledging the effects Niz has on DHT,this doc didn’t
» » » prescribe
» » » » Nizoral to help fight my hairloss, he prescribed it to help fight
» » » another
» » » » condition.This doc is a OK guy.He told me straight up that hm is
» the
» » » only
» » » » thing that will help me.Many,many,many other HTP docs have
» » bullshitted
» » » me
» » » » with their techniques & couldn’t deliver.This Doc was straight up
» » with
» » » me.
» » » »
» » » » Using Nizoral hasn’t helped my condition but some other positive
» » things
» » » » are happening.The positive things won’t make any difference to me
» » » because
» » » » I am a mangled mess but for someone who is just balding then the
» » » positive
» » » » effects of Nizoral shampoo 2% should not be ignored.
» » »
» » » the shampoo is too harsh dont use it
»
» It is difficult to apply the cream to areas that already have hair yes
» i just shower before bed and apply it, overnight
»
» I am a bit concerned about applying it daily so Chiahead and I are
» alternating days or once every three days
»
» however the japanese study, said that they used it daily i believe
»
» what is the condition of your hair overall, thin thinning

Also remember i was using 1% 3 to 4 times per week. So if i actualy used the lotion daily as they did in the study my result in slowing the loss for 10 years could have been even better. And if PO shampoos make things better or worse i don’t know. I still use it once per week, as their is 1 study saying it works better than keto ! Not sure if i believe it… But hen again the shampoo i use is made from Garner and it is called anti loss guard… so their must be some research behind the Piractone oilamine.

the only way we can know is if we trial products and post for all to know the results…

You can see my hair here:
» http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/galleryview.cfm?id=jk1|gallery3.cfm
»
» My hair is only thinning in the frontal 1/3 atm.
»
» At 17 yo my hair started falling out rapidly and thinned in the front over
» like 1 year. then i found the interent forums and began . Nizoral. Since
» then my hair all over thickened somewhat. 10 years later the top front has
» slowly slid to where you see it today. But i have a passport photo from 2
» years ago with my hair longer and you couldnt tell i had any MPB, so i had
» a lot of hair up until recently, the only change i added 2 years ago was
» piractone oilamine… so im not sure if can blame the increased loss on
» that or becuase i started working out at the gym or becuase of gradual
» loss.
»
» Im 27 now
»
» My hair is fine all over except for the frontal 1/3 which i have just had
» 3700 FUe placed into.
»
» Yeah by the Japanese study using it daily is a good indicator you could
» also.
»
» I wish u good growth… i think you will get good result… so hoepfully
» you can take pics and post on here.
»
»
» » » Hanginintheir
» » »
» » » interesting to see you comments on how your hair looks different in
» the
» » » front where you already have hair . Are you applying the shampoo or
» » creams
» » » to this area? all over the head? or just in the back thinning area?
» » »
» » » Because i would advise you to apply it all over your head, and report
» » back
» » » preferably take before and after picks, so we can all see the
» results.
» » if
» » » you are noticing difference in the front already i would say its a
» » good
» » » sign ur shedding or growing and hence its working for you. What you
» may
» » » also notice is a change in texture.
» » »
» » » I agree the shampoo is too harsh… but we need a product thats easy
» to
» » » apply and works and is not greasy… how do u apply the cream to areas
» » that
» » » have hair and what does the hair look like after u apply it ? do you
» » have
» » » to wash out the cream after you use it ?
» » »
» » » Thats why im so interested in Keto Mouse and extina.
» » »
» » » When extina is out it will be the best product to use with KEto
» becuase
» » of
» » » the foam delivery vehicle. Keto Mouse is good but their is still
» some
» » » doubt if the zinc pyrithrone will have a negative effect on the
» » follicle
» » » and outweigh the positives of the keto.
» » »
» » »
» » » I will be trialling revita shampoo soon which contains keto and stop
» » using
» » » nizoral.
» » »
» » » also this new shampoo, that contains 0.5% keto no sls and PEG hence
» is
» » » gentle and containe ketoconaole taurine and saw palmeto… its
» marketed
» » for
» » » hair loss and dandruff. I just found out about it yesterday… looks
» » very
» » » intersing
» » »
» » »
» » »
» »
» » »
» » »
» » »
» » »
» » »
» » » » » » Sorry again, but I wouldn’t listen to a HTP doc regarding
» drugs.
» » » » »
» » » » » Despite acknowledging the effects Niz has on DHT,this doc didn’t
» » » » prescribe
» » » » » Nizoral to help fight my hairloss, he prescribed it to help fight
» » » » another
» » » » » condition.This doc is a OK guy.He told me straight up that hm is
» » the
» » » » only
» » » » » thing that will help me.Many,many,many other HTP docs have
» » » bullshitted
» » » » me
» » » » » with their techniques & couldn’t deliver.This Doc was straight up
» » » with
» » » » me.
» » » » »
» » » » » Using Nizoral hasn’t helped my condition but some other positive
» » » things
» » » » » are happening.The positive things won’t make any difference to me
» » » » because
» » » » » I am a mangled mess but for someone who is just balding then the
» » » » positive
» » » » » effects of Nizoral shampoo 2% should not be ignored.
» » » »
» » » » the shampoo is too harsh dont use it
» »
» » It is difficult to apply the cream to areas that already have hair yes
» » i just shower before bed and apply it, overnight
» »
» » I am a bit concerned about applying it daily so Chiahead and I are
» » alternating days or once every three days
» »
» » however the japanese study, said that they used it daily i believe
» »
» » what is the condition of your hair overall, thin thinning

your hair is not bad, my front is great on top, well could be better but I feel if i get nizoral on there for a year it will thicken up considerably

my problem is my crown, which is gone, has been since the late 1980s, and I am hoping that the nizoral cream will add some there a light covering would be fine

we all share on these forums which is great to be able to do

good growth to your new hairs from the FUE

I have never seen studies saying that the 1 percent was as beneficial as the 2 percent

also My theory is that the younger guys should respond better, but that is based on limited results of the japanese study, where the 2 great responders were in their young 20s and the non responders were in their 30s and 40s

I however seem to respond well to things that other guys have no response to, ie dht blockers such as Saw Palmetto and pygeum, nettles beta sis etc

also I think you could benefit from a super hair vitamin if you are not on one already

» Also remember i was using 1% 3 to 4 times per week. So if i actualy used
» the lotion daily as they did in the study my result in slowing the loss
» for 10 years could have been even better. And if PO shampoos make things
» better or worse i don’t know. I still use it once per week, as their is 1
» study saying it works better than keto ! Not sure if i believe it… But
» hen again the shampoo i use is made from Garner and it is called anti loss
» guard… so their must be some research behind the Piractone oilamine.
»
» the only way we can know is if we trial products and post for all to know
» the results…
»

If you have a link to the PTO shampoo that you use that would be useful for others.

Regards
Pete

Hanging u right i think… it would work better on younger people.

And also 1% is not as good.

And yes the cream would be better.

Pete
This is the PO shampoo i am using

http://sg.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/i:BN%20Garnier%20Neril%20Anti-Loss%20Hair%20Tonic%20(Loreal%20Calcium:211780784

My hair loss viatim i am trialling is this from loreal…

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=71260&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=

» » Also remember i was using 1% 3 to 4 times per week. So if i actualy used
» » the lotion daily as they did in the study my result in slowing the loss
» » for 10 years could have been even better. And if PO shampoos make
» things
» » better or worse i don’t know. I still use it once per week, as their is
» » study saying it works better than keto ! Not sure if i believe it…
» But
» » hen again the shampoo i use is made from Garner and it is called anti
» loss
» » guard… so their must be some research behind the Piractone oilamine.
» »
» » the only way we can know is if we trial products and post for all to
» know
» » the results…
» »
»
»
» If you have a link to the PTO shampoo that you use that would be useful
» for others.
»
»
»