Neo graft automated fue hair transplant device

Hi has any body seen the neo graft automated harvesting device used by dr alan bauman talk about fast and accurate , take a look

» Hi has any body seen the neo graft automated harvesting device used by dr
» alan bauman talk about fast and accurate , take a look

Bernstein mentions it on his site pluss interesting info.

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/hair-transplant/neograft.php

I am suprised that no one else uses this machine if it saves so much time ???

I don’t know about this guys…

Am I right in saying that Dr. Feller claims that the grafts may be dried out and battered as they get sucked through the tube? i wonder what Messrs Woods and Bisanga make of it?

There are tons of debates about this machine… I have seen the device first hand in Montreal but i haven’t seen it in working progress. It was an exhibit at an ISHRS conference.

The drying of FUE grafts is a huge issue. Not that I agree with Dr. Feller about this being an issue in the Neograft extractions, however just in general this is more of a problem than that of a strip graft. And this concept is not usually addressed.

I would worry about the drying and/or crushing of the follicular bulb if it is being wisked at a high rate of speed down some tube and slamming into a collection contraption. But again these are initial concerns at this time. I am sure Neograft has considered this. I hope they post about it.

Dr. Woods has shared his thoughts on this already:

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-55946.html

click PLAY button below to start video in this post:
1_file45.flv

Anyone who wants to revisit the thread started by Neograft, please go to:
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-53309.html

Yep this was a good thread… The only arguement is this: Has the Neograft progessed to the point that they have an adequate saline solution surrounding the graft totally during the “sucking” phase after a perfect extraction to decrease the dessication factor… and have they been able to decrease the pressure during this part of the extraction to inhibit an already fragile FUE graft from crashing or crushing when it gets to the collection container? Who knows.

Dr. Woods is correct on the “feel” of a manual extraction… in that it takes a skilled hand and experience to feel the punch while extracting. This has been a statement by most experienced clinics.

Can this be achieved by a drill? Or this newer technology as the Neograft? Who knows… but conceptually it appears that it should be attained at some point as this technology is refined… just as the manual FUE was refined.

» I am suprised that no one else uses this machine if it saves so much time
» ???

Whose time? Doctors time? Nice. I hear often that HT are marriage between science and art. So which part of this medical device is the science and which is the art?. it is tempting to say that sucking up is the science part and keeping patients to go to some other device is the art part…and the doc is somewhere in the middle? In between that time that this device just couldn’t save?

» » I am suprised that no one else uses this machine if it saves so much
» time
» » ???
»
» Whose time? Doctors time? Nice. I hear often that HT are marriage between
» science and art. So which part of this medical device is the science and
» which is the art?. it is tempting to say that sucking up is the science
» part and keeping patients to go to some other device is the art part…and
» the doc is somewhere in the middle? In between that time that this device
» just couldn’t save?

This is a donor removal device, hair transplant artistic skill is usually in the form of placement of grafts in the recipient site, I have never heard anyone who said that his doctor has good artistic skills taking out the donor.

» hair transplant artistic skill is usually
» in the form of placement of grafts in the recipient site,

Is that part, the one you talk about, the part when most doctors leave the surgical room and leave the patient with the Ht technicians? Is that the part when artistic skill in HT is usually displayed?

don’t mind me, I am an idiot.

» Hi has any body seen the neo graft automated harvesting device used by dr
» alan bauman talk about fast and accurate , take a look

I dont really believe in this machine but I am curious how much does he charge for FUE?

The video says 600/hour, talk about mass production, that’s like 10 extractions per minute!

John35,

You mock the fact that the surgeon leaves the room to let the technicians to perform most of the work of the hair transplant procedure. Go to a clinic where only the doctors do the entire procedure… well that is doctor Woods. Well now look around… do your research and find out if there are any other clinics that can do a good or great hair transplant… well yes of course! Most all of the better clinics use “technicians” and these technicians never get the recognition that they deserve. You are clueless. Most clinics train vigorously their techs to provide a perfect result. Only the megalomaniacs do not recognize this. And believe me I have worked for megalomaniacs. So seriously bro… stop with your rhetoric. Most people here already know this.

» John35,
»
» You mock the fact that the surgeon leaves the room to let the technicians
» to perform most of the work of the hair transplant procedure. Go to a
» clinic where only the doctors do the entire procedure… well that is
» doctor Woods. Well now look around… do your research and find out if
» there are any other clinics that can do a good or great hair transplant…
» well yes of course! Most all of the better clinics use “technicians” and
» these technicians never get the recognition that they deserve. You are
» clueless. Most clinics train vigorously their techs to provide a perfect
» result. Only the megalomaniacs do not recognize this. And believe me I have
» worked for megalomaniacs. So seriously bro… stop with your rhetoric. Most
» people here already know this.

You can’t mock a fact. Please understand that. Fact is a fact. You can use a fact, you can overlook a fact, but you can’t mock it. I understand the desire to be accepted socially by others. Many people like to be treated with deference and respect, to win the signs of public recognition. For example, many college students will go to great lengths to win membership in a fraternity, sorority, or an honor society. You strike me as someone who thinks that is very able and proud hair technician. Am I right to assume that you were among the top hair technician students in your medical school ?( or medical assistant school, or whatever medical school you attended, and is required to become hair transplant surgical technician.).
You say HT technicians never get the recognition they deserve. I am sorry to read that. Do you think that is because most prospective patients assume (wrongly?) that the HT doctor, the surgeon, is one who will do most of the work on them? Thus bear the applause and recognition of a great HT, instead the hair technicians? I am sorry I am clueless.
My clinic didn’t train very good their Hair transplant technicians, IMO. Seriously bro, I think they didn’t. I think that the only reason what happened to me , is because I was clueless. I thought that I was in hands of medical professionals. Seriously bro, look around and see if in any other medical field ,people without any medical official training and certification of any kind transplant human tissue on patient whilst the MD/ DO guy is outside the surgery room. Bro, let me know what you see.

» John35,
»
» You mock the fact that the surgeon leaves the room to let the technicians
» to perform most of the work of the hair transplant procedure. Go to a
» clinic where only the doctors do the entire procedure… well that is
» doctor Woods. Well now look around… do your research and find out if
» there are any other clinics that can do a good or great hair transplant…
» well yes of course! Most all of the better clinics use “technicians” and
» these technicians never get the recognition that they deserve. You are
» clueless. Most clinics train vigorously their techs to provide a perfect
» result. Only the megalomaniacs do not recognize this. And believe me I have
» worked for megalomaniacs. So seriously bro… stop with your rhetoric. Most
» people here already know this.

I might be wrong but I am pretty sure Dr. Umar also does the whole procedure himself.

If the head guy at an auto repair really knows his stuff and if I trust his business practices, then I will let his shop fix my car.

I don’t demand that this main guy personally do all the work on my car. I just trust him to hire people that HE trusts to do a lot of it. As long as he hires quality people and as long as they’re coming to him with anything they’re unsure about, and as long as they head guy checks their work along the way, then the car comes out fixed fine.

» If the head guy at an auto repair really knows his stuff and if I trust his
» business practices, then I will let his shop fix my car.
»
» I don’t demand that this main guy personally do all the work on my car. I
» just trust him to hire people that HE trusts to do a lot of it. As long as
» he hires quality people and as long as they’re coming to him with anything
» they’re unsure about, and as long as they head guy checks their work along
» the way, then the car comes out fixed fine.

There are good doctors, bad doctors, good technicians, bad technicians. For the kind of money I have to pay, I prefer to have total and undivided attention from a doctor although I know there is still no guarantee the outcome will be fantastic, it will make me feel better psychologically, that s about it.

» cal wrote:
» If the head guy at an auto repair really knows his stuff and if I trust his
» business practices, then I will let his shop fix my car.
»
» I don’t demand that this main guy personally do all the work on my car. I
» just trust him to hire people that HE trusts to do a lot of it. As long as
» he hires quality people and as long as they’re coming to him with anything
» they’re unsure about, and as long as they head guy checks their work along
» the way, then the car comes out fixed fine.

» blackjack wrote:
» There are good doctors, bad doctors, good technicians, bad technicians.
» For the kind of money I have to pay, I prefer to have total and undivided
» attention from a doctor although I know there is still no guarantee the
» outcome will be fantastic, it will make me feel better psychologically,
» that s about it.

Than might I suggest you see a psychologist instead? This is the HT business; it’s a profession that favors exploiting emotions rather than consoling them. We’ve seen more than a few HT doctors aspire to the used car salesman model rather than one governed by the Hippocratic Oath. Hmmm… come to think of it I guess cal’s car analogy was fitting afterall.

BUT getting back to topic. Dr Berman’s clinic was conducting trials for the Restoration Robotics automated FUE device. I talked about it here (but I never followed-up on their progress).

» » John35,
» »

»
» I might be wrong but I am pretty sure Dr. Umar also does the whole
» procedure himself.

Dr. Umar has one technician and she’s worked with him for over 6 years.

He is present most of the time and does all the extractions I believe. She does at least some of the graft implanting.