Name that punch size... an exercise for all. Hairtech

Can anyone guess in order from left to right the needle sizes and or punch size?

Sorry for the jagged look on some of them. They are demos.:smiley:

» Can anyone guess in order from left to right the needle sizes and or punch
» size?
»
» Sorry for the jagged look on some of them. They are demos.:smiley:
»
»

Hairtech,
Theres not much point in this post of yours.
Of course, looking at random punches in a zoomed in picture can not offer any conclusive idea of sizes.

There are only 2 ways of doing so. One is to have a measuring scale beside them. The other, in case of hypodermic needles, is to show the complete needle including the color coded plastic base.

If the intention of your post is to throw up an excuse for not putting measuring instruments in the picture of donor sites, its an unscrupulous one.

Take care.

Dear V,

In this country, we have a free right to post things as we wish… and especially for discussion. I would rather cut my wrist with a rusty knife than to worry about your ideas of why I am posting this exercise. Just to let you know… I started this exercise on hairlossadvances and there were genuine responses… and without gauges and measurements… why? Because experience and intuition probed them to respond from the gut. Most who replied on the other forum were patients who had backgrounds in healthcare or just posters who were curious.

However everyone is entitled to their opinion. Thank you for your response.:smiley:

Oh by the way… here are the needles… and their respective color codes… looks like not every needle you buy has the same color code like you have mentioned before. Companies try to remain similar in color but it is not a definite. I learned that when I was 18 years(now 36) old drawing blood as a phlebotomist at Gulfport Memorial Hospital in Gulfport, MS.:smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

» Dear V,
»
» In this country, we have a free right to post things as we wish… and
» especially for discussion.

You do not have to sound like a rusty politician. “In this country…” Calm down.

I do not understand what your problem is. If you do not want to put anything in the donor site pictures that help people compare the size, go ahead.
Its my opinion, “if YOUR country” permits me, following your consent :slight_smile: , to present, that such pictures are not helpful for readers as they have nothing to compare the size to.

Needles are universally color coded for the dimensions.

Still, if you feel needles are not good enough, you can always use something else. Maybe, a scale. Unless you wish to state that the scales are also not uniform.

As I said, I do not know what your problem is. If you have a 0.75mm donor site, why not show it with a measuring instrument (one of your choice) right next to it in the picture. That is a fair way to do it.

Have a great day.

V

What are you talking about? Look a wee bit up and take a gander at the picture of the different needles. Do you see that more than 3 of them look almost exact in color when looking directly at the needle hubs? This picture dis-proves your universally color scheme of hypodermic needles.

Nevertheless, this exercise has nothing to do with the need for a scale. Just guess at what you see… then someone else might guess. On a related site, there are several guesses, and not one that suggests that this thread to be non-educational. One might derive individual conclusions upon receiving the answer… a more prospective view by just visualizing the different sizes in a comparative nature.

Your opinion is of value though and I dare not to let you state your comments. Thank you for your post.

I think the one on the far left is a 23 gauge and the 2nd one from the far left is 18 gauge. I have seen Woods’ pics before they look very similar.

» I think the one on the far left is a 23 gauge and the 2nd one from the far
» left is 18 gauge. I have seen Woods’ pics before they look very similar.

Ok you are close… I will throw one out there as a reference and hint. The far left is a 30 gauge.

This has to be the pic therapy was talking about, looks like Woods 25 g is the same size as your 30 g

just curious

Hmm.
V is right after all. Its no point showing the needle tips unless you show the color code bases. Or, better still, show a close up of the needle while its still packaged in. Looking at empty holes without anything to compare them with will turn anyone nuts. What exactly are you trying to prove here hairtech. I cant see much point.

» This has to be the pic therapy was talking about, looks like Woods 25 g is
» the same size as your 30 g
»

» just curious

No. I was going to get fue and bht done but then I got cold feet after seeing some unsuccessful bht photos. It’s too expensive for the kind of results you get so I am going to wait a bit for now. The prices have already come down a bit so who knows maybe it will be even more affordable in another year and I dont have to fly overseas. I am using some of Hanging’s recommendations, Propecia, and stuff like that , sometimes the hair seems to grow very nicely but it s not very consistent.

» » just curious
»
» No. I was going to get fue and bht done but then I got cold feet after
» seeing some unsuccessful bht photos. It’s too expensive for the kind of
» results you get so I am going to wait a bit for now. The prices have
» already come down a bit so who knows maybe it will be even more affordable
» in another year and I dont have to fly overseas. I am using some of
» Hanging’s recommendations, Propecia, and stuff like that , sometimes the
» hair seems to grow very nicely but it s not very consistent.

im going to try Nizoral shampoo, after seeing the guy on the topicsls forum before and after pics for three years
amazing

IPOD

That is really your best bet/ Just wait.:slight_smile:

Name that needle/punch:

From left to right: 30ga, 23ga, 16ga cut, 18ga cut, 1mm punch, 0.8mm punch

» Hmm.
» V is right after all. Its no point showing the needle tips unless you show
» the color code bases. Or, better still, show a close up of the needle while
» its still packaged in. Looking at empty holes without anything to compare
» them with will turn anyone nuts. What exactly are you trying to prove here
» hairtech. I cant see much point.
»
» » This has to be the pic therapy was talking about, looks like Woods 25 g
» is
» » the same size as your 30 g
» »

I posted this photo about 6 years ago. Go to any doctor or medical supplier on planet earth and these sizes and comparisons will be verififed , even for the color blind.

Dr Ray Woods

This was your photo Dr. Woods? How are you doing sir?

I spoke to Franklin a couple of weeks ago. He says your work is growing quite well!:slight_smile:

» This was your photo Dr. Woods? How are you doing sir?
»
» I spoke to Franklin a couple of weeks ago. He says your work is growing
» quite well!:slight_smile:

So now!
If you have been through your nice apologies when countered with truth, this time by Dr. Woods, can we get back to the real issue.
Needles are color coded . Atleast in US, Canada,Australia, Singapore, India and UK, as per their dimensions (length and dia).

So now, if I may ask, what was your point of the thread? I seemed to have missed the post where you explained the benefit of random guessing with nothing to go on.

My words of advise to you - do not try these unscrupulous means. You may have people reading your posts but they are no fools. Why resort to such devious means when all you need is to put a scale alongside the sites for readers to judge for themselves.

Hey V,

I would not care if Dr. Woods was to dis-respect me here. He did not understand my thread and my picture link went bonkers. It is not his fault. I have to give respect to time tested doctors at any cost. You however have insecurity issues. Most people got my exercise… I had better responses on a different site. If it was a failed thread, then we would not be talking here still.

The thread at hand has nothing to do with you so strike it from your computer. Ignore it. Let it go. Let’s be positive. I don’t even comment on your many useful threads here. It is your business. It looks bad when I take time to post and post and post… and the you come back and talk as if you own my threads…

However, opinions vary and I thank you for your comments.

And again look at the colors of the needle hubs next to their respective packages. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

» Hey V,
»
» I would not care if Dr. Woods was to dis-respect me here. He did not
» understand my thread and my picture link went bonkers. It is not his
» fault. I have to give respect to time tested doctors at any cost. You
» however have insecurity issues. Most people got my exercise… I had
» better responses on a different site. If it was a failed thread, then we
» would not be talking here still.
»
» The thread at hand has nothing to do with you so strike it from your
» computer. Ignore it. Let it go. Let’s be positive. I don’t even
» comment on your many useful threads here. It is your business. It looks
» bad when I take time to post and post and post… and the you come back
» and talk as if you own my threads…
»
» However, opinions vary and I thank you for your comments.

Hairtech,
I agree that posting educational threads is good.
But I failed to get the useful thing that you were explaining by this present thread?

That is why I am curious to know the purpose of your thread. You have made a long speech but sidestepped giving a direct answer.

Dont worry about me, BTW. No “insecurity issues” here. :slight_smile: