Mystery hair transplant photos - comments welcome

This is one of Dr. Arvind’s patients.

This is NOT strip.

4683 FUSE grafts (of which only 2099 are from the scalp) - 44%.

719 chest, 1533 leg, 206 armpit and 126 abdomen grafts make the rest. 56%

» You make it sound as it is something normal and cannot be avoided since it » depends on individual characteristics.

Yes, some amount of scar tissue is normal.

»If thats the case nobody should have
» a transplant because if this thing is obvious from pictures imagine how it
» will look from up close!

I don’t know about “nobody” having a transplant, but I am certain that YOU should not.

» Isnt it a doctors mistake?

No, it is the body’s defense against wounds.

» What gives? If this is bht, its a damn good one.
»
» This is good result equal to 3500 strip. This proves fue can deliver
» results on par with strip. The freedom of shaving the head n no scars is
» priceless.
»
» Any pix of the crown or top?

The hair looks extremely see through to me. It also looks quite wiry as if it is either BHT, “old hair,” or both. (note that younger patients have higher quality looking transplants than older patients, so the appearance of a patient such as this one’s transplanted hair could be due, at least in part, to age) I hope that doesn’t offend anyone, but I believe that hair quality is just as important as hair quantity.

But I see the answer was already given, and quite frankly I would have been surprised if this patient hadn’t had at least “some” body hair mixed in there. The hair quality is a dead give-a-way. Personally, I think the hairline should have a higher concentration of head donor grafts, but that’s just my opinion.

And some are from the arm pit? Wow, that’s incredible. My initial concern with using body hair would be whether or not it could grow long enough to provide the density desired. Apparently, it does.

He can wear his hair short with FUSE. No scar. But it must have taken, what, a total of five (7 hour) days to complete. I am guessing here.

1_file12.wmv

This video shows what the donor site looks like SHAVED. This is worth watching for those concerned about donor scarring as a result of FUE.

1_file13.wmv

Can anyone else be convinced without post ops?

» Can anyone else be convinced without post ops?

What are you trying to say :slight_smile:

It is totally possible to have a pristine donor site after FUE. I have seen it before in other patients too.

You can see some immediately post op pics in this thread, near the top of the forum. It’s the SAME patient presently featured in this mystery thread:

“4683 FUSE grafts - 9 mth update (TH) - Dr. Arvind”

JB,

Funny you don’t even come to the HT forum that often and yet you were the ONLY poster who guessed it correctly that it was BHT.

You got me on this one. His hair actually looks better in the video.

» Can anyone else be convinced without post ops?

Dear mwinston,
The immediate post op pictures of the scalp donor are available at
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-20596.html

Regards,
Dr. A

» JB,
»
» Funny you don’t even come to the HT forum that often and yet you were the
» ONLY poster who guessed it correctly that it was BHT.

I’ve been coming to the HT forum a little more often the last few weeks or so. I have found all of the pictures of HT patients over here to be interesting. To me, BHT hair seems to have a different “look and feel” to it than scalp hair. However, your experimental post has revealed that most people don’t notice the difference. I see that as a good thing.

I like bleeding edge stuff, so this forum has been fun. It’s nice to see passionate doctors pave the way toward a better future. Of course, I’m all for something better coming along and deprecating HT. But I think there is a good chance that it will remain an adjunct to future treatments, and the HT of choice will be FUE as opposed to strip. IMO, the future will focus emphasis on less invasive procedures. So strip will die, but FUE could remain for some time to come. For now though, we still have both, and it appears that each suits a purpose.

Oh yeah, I think CoolGuy knew it was BH too.

» » Can anyone else be convinced without post ops?
»
» Dear mwinston,
» The immediate post op pictures of the scalp donor are available at
» http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-20596.html
»
» Regards,
» Dr. A

Thanks Dr. A,

I like these donor shots. Congrats to the patient and staff.

» You got me on this one. His hair actually looks better in the video.

Dear ipod,
Glad you liked the result.

Videos represent the results more accurately than the pictures alone.
That is why we try to post pictures as well as videos.
Regards,
Dr. A

This case is further elaborated here
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-20596.html