My Full Epic Story; 2 years & 2000 FUE Dr. Alvi Armani grafts later ... PART1

Good Morning Fellow Posters & Lurkers…

My name for now is “Man of Mystery” or “MOM” (Blast!!! I really didn’t see that coming !!!), and this is my FULL detailed story about my hair transplant experience with the Alvi Armani organization. it is long, and in many ways epic that if made into a Hollywood film, no one would probably show up, however at least it would be detailed!

I had my procedure done almost 2 years ago and I have waited to accumulate my thoughts, my experiences, real post op and post dealings with Alvi Armani data, and most importantly … RESULTS. The REAL RESULTS…

Frankly I am very exited to begin interacting with the community and here is my story and my intro… thank you very much …

BTW … I have a website that I’m building with tons of before, after, and during photos… I’ll let everyone know when it’s done!!!

August 10, 2007 was the date that changed my life. August 10, 2007 was the date that I had my 2000 grafts in the form of a FUE procedure done in Toronto with Dr. Alvi Armani.

It’s a day that I will NEVER forget for the rest of my life.

I have been a lurker on these forums for a while now because I wanted to have my complete results from the procedure to both report and show you …

So here I am, 2 years later, and here is my story …

I am currently 27 years old (turning 28) and I am an electronic music producer that until recently have been in hiding making only remixes for very well known artists and even producing a vast majority of the electronic hits you all know and love (or hate ) and then selling them to artists whom then consequently own them and promote them as their own.

I also own (it recently completely burned down in a five alarm fire (I’m rebuilding it as we speak)) a very forward thinking recording facility that has given opportunities to beginning bands that couldn’t afford the high end/high priced studios. And within those doors, I have worked on some of the most popular Hollywood films, Videogames and Music projects that you all know and love (or hate )

For the beginning part of my career I was only focused on making music for clients and selling the complete licenses and not releasing these songs that I created and/or remixed (which eventually in many cases became quite popular songs) under my own name because frankly it was easier and I wasn’t completely confident in my appearance. Hence releasing it all under my own name, having to promote the music, tour and essentially be the face of these tracks wasn’t something I was comfortable nor confident with at the time.

I have also modeled for quite some time however in the last little while of my modeling days, all of my shoots that I was called in for were all body shots and underware ads, and yet I couldn’t figure out why? It was like I was almost in complete denial.

At one point in early 2007 I started to accept that I was losing my hair… I was completely destroyed mentally. I have no hair loss in my family whatsoever, live a copmpletely healthy lifestyle, eat well, train 5 days a week in the evening and run/rollerblade 6 days a week in the morning to begin my day and I love life to its absolute fullest.

I surround myself with financially and mentally successful and content human beings that I continually learn more and more from everyday, I have a girlfriend that I love with all my heart and dedicate my entire existence to, I have 3 people whom earn a very decent living as a result of my business (at the studio I don’t like the term “employee”) and who I adore to take care of provide them a vehicle to earn a living doing what they love… So what gives???

I guess for a while I couldn’t even fathom how something like that could happen to me!!! I experienced the same exact feeling when a dear friend and creative partner on a few projects of 40 years old (RIP Keith) died of a heart attack. Perfect health, never smoked, didn’t drink, young daughter and married, but he dies??? I couldn’t understand his death as much as I couldn’t understand what was happening to my hair.

So I started researching online…

I found the usual things people always find first; Rogaine/Minoxodil, the magic combs, creams, shampoos, witch potions, toe nails extracted from real unicorns, you know… the usual…

Then I started researching about hair transplants, because I didn’t like those temporary solutions or products that if ceased, you would lose the results … I wanted something permanent. But the funny thing is all I had as a reference point for transplants was that Russian Mob character in “Be Cool” which looked like braided doll hair and frankly that was a was a frightening thought!

Either way … I typed in something along the lines of best hair transplant and low and behold I came across the Alvi Armani website, and they had a contact in my city!!! JACKPOT!!! (I had no clue as to where clients could possibly exist… LA? New York? … No freakin clue…)

Now comes the good stuff … I was so embaressed to call (as if the people answering the phone DON’T know why you are calling right? :cool so my first call I actually used a very heavy foreign accent and a fake name as to not be potentially recognized (what’s the chances of you knowing someone in a hair transplant clinic :satisfied…

Well… as a first impression on the first number I called I have to say that the representative that I spoke with (Chad) was phenomenal… He made me feel like what I was experiencing was completely ok, that no questions were stupid questions and not to feel embarrassed on any level.

That inspired me to have a meeting with him… So I booked one. And I was still a bit embaressed to go into the clinic (of course in case a hot secretary works there, I mean this is cosmetic no? :Wow So Chad made a in house visit and that was the beginning of the end for me…

I asked a MILLLION QUESTIONS to the point where my first meeting was in excess of 2 hrs and he was nothing short of understanding, helping, patient, quite comforting and VERY CONFIDENT in his answers and completely confident in the Dr whom he worked for.

Now, please don’t be mislead, I did NOT SHOP AROUND. So my time on here will be to learn from your experiences with other doctors and other results, and I cannot in ANY WAY nor will bash any other doctor nor will I say that Dr Armani is the BEST. But what I can so is give you a very detailed example as to the way I was treated, my experience and my results.

Moving on … I met Chad at least a half a dozen times more before I booked and frankly I think I was above average in terms of closing time (over 7 months) for multiple reasons.

1. It was pricey; I mean to spend in the double digits of thousands of dollars no matter what your income level is (unless you are Mr and Mrs Gates :hehe is not something you do everyday. I mean, the second largest purchase the average person will make in their lifetime is a car, and this is probably the next in line so I took quite a while to think about it and as well whether to opt for the financing option rather than cash.

2. I needed to justify the procedure to myself, I mean the thing that I learned AFTER this procedure is that my girlfriend didn’t even see why I wanted to get it and frankly after my surgery I was involved in many discussions with females that said that have NO PROBLEM AT ALL with balding men as they see it as very manly. It shows that you are a real man, a growing real man (later on this later btw I have some seriously interesting finds on some studies about female and male attraction!!!), but it was mostly an investment in myself, to myself. Could I put a price on my own confidence? Was it necessary? Why do I need hair to be confident? Etc…

3. I needed to understand and FULLY EVALUATE the time loss from my work and lifestyle with the post procedure recovery time.

4. I would not be able to train which to some may sound silly but it is a HUGE part of my mental and physical strength and well being.

5. The pain; I have been kickboxing since I was 8 and I have taken full force blows by 250 lbs monsters, and I have trained myself to absorb it, shake it off and proceed to make him pay… but needles? Blood? Doctors? White coats? Knives? Cutting my head? Inflated eyes and face? I AM TERRIFIED OF THAT !!!

So essentially and to slightly speed up my story, after I evaluated all of those questions, I opted to go for it!!!

In case you are wondering why I didn’t shop around … these are MY PERSONAL REASONS …

I hate shopping around to negotiate for a price, I mean the service to date has been phenomenal and Chad has always been there for me, so what’s the alternative? Thanks for your hours/ months of help, kindness, professionalism, patience and advice but I found another doctor? Sure I guess you can and have the right to do that … but not me. Im Greek, and a firm old school believer in respect/business/family values and relationships, I believe that if business/life was as it was back in the day, the world would be a better place by leaps and bounds. Today, everyone shops every single penny and doesn’t value service nearly as much as we used to.

I already built a relationship with The Armani organization, and I felt based on the service that I had received to date, that they understood my needs and my goals and shopping was completely redundant for me. It’s kind of like when to call Rogers and you have to repeat the same story to 4 different representatives! I hate that!!!

I also factored in my time as well, I mean my time in life and business is very valuable and frankly easily accountable for. I didn’t have any interest to take more of my time to meet different reps, different companies, more meetings, more discussions … it would mean more time lost for me and frankly Dr Armani’s website shows incredible results so why bother… its all 10’s so far… GIDDIUP !!!

And lastly, because I felt a personal relation to Dr Armani’s company. In my personal business whether I earn you as a client in studio or not … the experience is the same all the time. Warm, welcoming, inviting and kind all entrenched in a huge confidence in our work that doesn’t cross into arrogance… and I felt that exact feeling with Dr Armani. Confident enough to give me EAXACTLY WHAT I WANT and deliver what he promises, but not too cocky to give off the type of vibe of … “It’s ok if you don’t chose us, I don’t need your business anyway”

So I called Chad back with my decision and GIDDIUP !!!

PART 2 …

So that everyone is up to date, Chad suggested that after careful analysis and speaking with Dr Armani that 4500 FUSS grafts spread out over my head would be exactly what I was looking for and what I was expecting in terms of results (that intro guy with the long hair on the website was my reference point and example I used to describe what I was looking for).

But wait … The soonest spot was only in 3 months !!! BLAST !!! But I was mentally ready now !!! Ok fine, I wont be a baby … so I wait…

Week before: I’m nervous … I’m constantly calling Chad with Post/Pre questions even though I have a very well written and quite informative package. (I just felt more comfortable talking to someone rather than reading) As always, he was never annoyed with my questions, nor my bothering him. (Very comforting feeling btw.). I really wanted to follow the pre and post instructions to an ridiculous level in order to get maximum results, hence the questions.

Day before: I’m sh&**ing my pants !!! … Just for the record … I have NEVER had a procedure before, so I’m freaking out quite a bit … I mean I’m going to get cut, and stabbed thousands of times !!! (My mind is exaggerating the procedure so much that it might as well be open heart surgery LoL !!!)

Still Day before: (Pre opt meeting with Dr Armani) … I show up to Dr. Armani’s office at 7 ish in the evening and here are my fist impressions …

I am BLOWN AWAY!!! As you guys have read so far, I’m an artist, my entire life revolves and is funded by the arts (music and now actually some photography) … So I was completely blown away with the office when I walked in.

Clean, Clean, Clean design. Gorgeous eggshell white walls, a beautifully sculpted metal bench that for a metal piece feels incredibly inviting and very warm, a beautiful arrangement of gorgeous yellow and orange flowers that fill the entry with a satisfying and calming freshness and reminder of life’s natural scents. Then there was this striking chrome metal food cart that had two beautiful glass decanters of water, one with fresh lemons and the other with beautiful oranges. Then came my first crease in an otherwise flawless journey with Dr Armani’s organization thus far…

The receptionist. At that time it was a young dark haired Italian girl that was quite polite but wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed.

I walked in, 7pm or so (end of day), nervous as hell, thousands of dollars about to be spent and here I am standing in front of her listening to her planning her evening and answering the phone while speaking quite harshly … Ummmmm NO WAY !!!

So I get up, and with a soft spoken, but obviously frustrated tone … Ummmm, excuse me… is there a place to wait that is quiet where I can be to myself? I’m kind of nervous and frankly the phone and 7pm office and personal stuff isn’t what I want to be exposed to right now …

No problem she says, and QUICKLY apologizes and then offers me a crisp glass of that water that has been teasing me sine I walked in (If you are thinking why I had to wait so long before a simple offering of water, I have no idea …

So she tells me to follow her and leads me through these massive and beautiful dark oak colored doors into this room that absolutely blows my mind and even to this day I will never forget what my eyes had the pleasure of seeing…

As you walk in, there is a huge boardroom table with black leather chairs that o so soothed my underside so well, the same metal cart as in the front with a telephone, computer and very tasteful and elegant bowl full of incredibly tasty Italian Campino cream candies . Above the cart is a beautiful large flat panel tv with of course the satellite and then came the shock …

In the corner was a stunning white Italian leather sectional corner sofa, and behind that sofa was a ceiling to floor corner of windows overlooking the bay/port of Toronto. Breathtakingly calm view and layout I must say. (Sure doesn’t feel that my skin will be cut and stabbed here , it feels like a playboy’s condo)

Then the artwork … On every wall of this room and throughout the entire facility are these absolutely breathtaking, and awe inspiring photos of what seem to be Italy … I am completely inspired by all these photos and it hit me !!! … A concept for a new track … I take 2 minutes jot down the idea and while I am doing that … In walks the receptionist to verify that I am ok, and as she is doing so, in walks this charming man with a stunning black tailored suit and pin stripped pink shirt with a huge smile on face…

Um, hi? Who are you I’m thinking … with a soft confidence and firm handshake, he says, I’m Dr Armani… (I know this seems a bit overwritten, but keep in mind that I’m nervous as hell, and these are all the small thoughts and details roaming in my mind seeing as how there was no one else to speak to but me !!)

Finally I meet the man that will bring me back to the way I feel like I should look.

I greet him and he asks me if I am comfortable and if I had a easy time finding the place. My answer is Yes, however when u go before or after business hours… a security guard has to open the elevator for you or an employee of Dr. Armani has to come down to get you.

He asks me to follow me into to his office and as we are walking I mentioned how much I was taken aback by the artwork on the walls and with a sly smile, he humbily yet proudly states that it is his artork!

The man is not only artist in the room but in life as well…

His office is a cozy, warm, Dolce and Gabbana scented, technolohy, diploma and photography filled haven.

So we sit down and we talk about how I have found the experience thus far. How found his organization, the service thus far… I mean it’s obvious that he really is involved in every aspect of his business. Then he begins to explain to me what will be happening tomorrow. About what my expectations were and what I was concerned about if anything … btw, I mention expectations because as you see, they are managing my expectations very well by making sure I understand EXACTLY what I am getting and what to expect long term.

Dr. Armani at that point then suggests an alternative to my 4500 FUSS grafts all over my head in the form of the FUE procedure that Chad mentioned to me in the sales process…

I explained to him that I wasn’t interested because of the higher price tag to get the equal number of grafts and then that’s when I had a change of heart which was by far a decision that I will never regret doing…

He suggested to go with less grafts in the form of a FUE procedure, and focus on one area at a time and in the long run, I will be as close as possible to my original youthful head of hair. As well as the procedure itself was far less barbaric if you will. Not cutting whatsoever…

So I went with it, 2000 grafts in the form of FUE focused in zone 1. Sold !!

So he wished me a good evening asked for the hundredth time if I had any further questions (everyone in this organization to date seems to really want to hear all of the client’s questions and concerns) and off I went.

Rest … (BTW I am dying for a drink as a result of nervousness, but I don’t, as it is a pre op, No, No !!! … BLAST!!!)

Day Of: … I walk in at around 7 am ish, freaking out and I haven’t slept a wink !!! And out comes a man named Miguel. What an amazing human being, he tells me to follow him in the back, and to take off my shirt, put on this beautiful and incredibly soft and comfortable Hugo Boss white robe and come sit down for the head shaving (after of course asking a million times if I was comfortable and had any questions ). So I go into the bathroom to change and there are more comforting touches that catch my eye… Beautiful hand made Italian soap, Hugo Boss and Dolce and Gabanna cologne for my pleasure !!

So I sit down for the head shaving but I then realize, HEY !!, not bad !!, I could go with this look!. So as a joke I thank the team for their help and start to get dressed because I look great with a shaved head, so who needs hair !!

Everyone at this point is laughing and are all in great spirits (one heck of a positive and fun environment was created by all the technicians spearhead by Miguel btw…), but the joking stops … here we go…

In a very comforting way, Miguel explains exactly what is about to happen. I’m going to lay down, then when I am ready he will freeze each area with a needle (which seemed to be 100 feet long in my eyes btw !!! :crying and he explained that it will feel like someone is pinching me quite hard for a few seconds (at least he didn’t lie to me like nurses do, or its nothing, just a tiny little mosquito bite !!:pinch.

I lay down, and give him the signal… OWWWW!!!

He and the technicians start to giggle because they think its part of my antics … um no !!, like I said, physical pain, bring it on … needles, WAHHHHHH!!!

Anyhoo, after the laughing stopped the pain honestly lasted for as long as the needle was inside which was about 5 seconds at MAX and then there was NO PAIN AT ALL, ZERO, ZILTCH !!!

They began to then extract the follicles and I asked to see one out of curiosity in which Miguel kindly accomondated … honestly … snot, they look like snot, snot with a blackhead inside . Really cool !!!

So once my baby stuff stopped, I lay back and watched Seinfeld, Friends, Fresh Prince of Belair … good stuff !!! …

Honestly this, freeze, extract, freeze, extract went on for quite a while and during the technicians where very very, very cool human beings and Miguel; if you are reading this novel you were awesome, thank you again !! Conversations was very easy during the procedure, they found what I did and the people that I’ve worked with fascinating (sometimes I don’t realize how lucky I’ve been with my experiences, either way…)

At one point after a few hours Miguel asks me what I wanted to eat … Now I know you will all laugh but, I found that nice. I mean its cool that they think of every step and being European; Food, Family, and Sex are pretty much all we live for (and not necessarily in that order).

In case you are wondering what the extraction feels like, well, the area is completely frozen and well you don’t really feel anything LoL, all you hear is the drill and that’s about it. But what did keep me awake the whole time would be the paranoia of the pain that I would be in if they accidentally drilled an area that wanted frozen !!! OUCH!!! (actually I’m wondering how they know the limits of where it freezes up until ???)

Anyway … Then a little while after after I ate my beautiful grilled, spinach and mandarin infused chicken salad, the insertion of the new hairs began.

That’s when Dr Armani came in.

He is very, very gentle, quite funny and very charming, so the “new” character in the room in our little group all day, added no real vibe change. I expect them to be different and bland around their boss but it was quite the contrary, everyone was even more open !!! There was just Dr. Armani and 2 technicians at this point if I recall correctly.

Now the insertion part felt kind of weird to be honest, it felt/sounded like a needle was being stabbed into a thick piece of cardboard, weird. Didn’t hurt AT ALL, just sounded weird and the sensation was different .

Then, the best part … The END!!!

It was finally done!!! , they helped me up, I got dressed, everyone wished me well and then Miguel took me into anther room and explanted to me what I was going to feel over the coming 48 or so hours. They gave me pills, and some Minoxodil in which Miguel helped me understand how to apply it, how to wash etc…

Now here comes my personal nightmare in this experience. The pain…

Miguel didn’t give me the good stuff in terms of pain killers (only 2 “in case” not the full supply) because the people who get “FUE” DO NOT EXPERIENCE THE AGONY that FUSS people do …

Not me …

That night, I felt like my head was on fire ALL NIGHT and while it was burning and no one could put it out, someone decided to put my head in a vice grip and squeeze for fun…

Not a good night I have to admit, and then because I had to sleep upright, a good night sleep following my previous sleepless night was not in the cards…

The post op, experiences that I can report are that when the swelling begins… you look, really, really really dumb! And the WORST PART ABOUT THE SWELLING is that people feel SOOOOOOO bad for you but you can’t receive the fun sympathy that people want to provide you with because of the “no fun stuff” rule we have to abide by after the procedure!

What freakin good is looking like you are in so much agony (which you feel nothing btw LoL !!!) that you can’t get the sympathy benefits ??? LoL

Then there is that ridiculous medical blue cap, which I have to admit I overwore because of the murder I got away with on the road!!! and not to forget freaking people out while shopping.

What happened to you? Well I had a horrific accident while trying to save my friends cat, I fell 3 stories and had to have reconstructive surgery to my skull…but it was worth it because that cat means the world to my friend … btw… FYI, when you CAN take advantage of sympathy … slap on the hat, head to the supermarket and be that incredible man that survived that accident to save that puppy, sit back and let mother nature do her thing !!!

Ok back on point … Maintenance after was a breeze with the instructions Miguel gave were perfect.

Once the swelling went down I have to tell you all, be prepared for a slightly scary and potentially depressing time when the grafts fall out and you look exactly like you did when you walked in. Be strong and you will see. That’s the best post advice that I can possibly give, be patient, consistent and DON’T PANIC!!!

Overall, my experience all around was nothing short of exceptional.

That essentially is the long detailed version of my story and frankly I realized something in the end.

This procedure will do NOTHING in terms of how others look at you, what it does is increase your confidence and that’s what people will see and remember, your personality and your confidence. Understand the value of that and you will get the MAXIMUM benefits of the procedure. Not just physically but mentally.

I’ve been through quite a lot in the last 8 years of my life;

From loosing my business in a fire, going through 3 partners in 4 years whom tried to steal from the business and sc*ew me over, one of which successfully did so and ended up taking out a mortgage on my name and forcing me into bankruptcy at only 26!!. Trying to rebuild my business 3 different times after the fire and ending up with 3 different locations that either flooded, or got torn down, to losing my hair, to having non-stop arguments for over 4 years with family whom didn’t want me to continue fighting in my business and take this as a sign to move on to something else, nights of wanting to give up EVERYTHING as a result of seeing as how every corner I turned, life was there to put not just an elephant in my way but a skyscraper!!!, I never gave up, I never took the easy road, and I never bowed down to ANYTHING, ANYONE nor ANY SITUATION. (btw, this is not even 10% of the recent things I had to overcome!!!)…

All that to be said… I won … I didn’t give up or give in, and for the first time something incredible happened to me. I not only met a sincerely amazing human being, but that same man changed my life. I was really touched by his kindness and the massive amount of respect that he exhibited. I really appreciate what Dr Armani did for me. He was very kind, helpful, empathetic and sympathetic when he didn’t have to be. And that meant a lot.

I know I’m focusing a lot on his person and less on the actual artistic procedure I experienced, but I was raised and instilled with the importance of respect and being a good person being the most important thing in life, and I sincerely don’t think that there is anyone that I can remember that amazed me as much as he did.

Then when I figure all this into the equation of his company being one of the best at what they do, makes him and his company even more special.

The amount of hospitality, comfort, and accommodation level that he and his staff exhibited was staggering. His company is flawlessly run to an almost unbelievable level. Everything is always perfect and always meticulously calculated and at no time did I ever feel like I wasn’t in the best possible hands, and frankly, that’s priceless.

The incredible salesmanship, professionalism and kindness that Chad provided me with was very, very much appreciated. He really was a perfect reflection as to the way that this company operates and prepared me very well for what was to come.

Miguel was an outstanding “supervisor” and made sure that I understood every single step and never moved forward until I did. He was always there to answer any and every question that I had and made me very comfortable.

Mariana and Cariana (I don’t remember exactly what her name was) were also absolutely fantastic. They knew exactly how to keep me relaxed and better yet allowed me to be myself.

Thank you to the Alvi Armani organization.

Not only will I be coming back for more in the future bit I will do everything I can to help anyone else on here with any questions anyone may have.

Thank you all for listening to my story and I look forward to interacting with everyone here on a daily basis…

BEFORE

[sup][/sup]

AFTER

As I mentioned I am currently working on a website with many, many more before, during and after photos…

Ill be sure to post the link up here when it is ready!

Thanks!

» The receptionist. At that time it was a young dark haired Italian girl that was quite polite but wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed.

what do you mean exactly with this?

man, I don’t have time to read the whole thing, all I can say is that if this is really after 2000 grafts fue, then it is very efficient use of grafts and job well done for Armani.

Man Of Mystery, I really enjoyed reading your story ! My story is very similar to yours, but the writings of my experience pale in the eloquence that you have shared.

Dr. Armani has had such a positive impact in my life, and I am happy that he has done so for you as well. I have not been back to Toronto since I have had my HT, but you can bet that when I do go back t I will stop in and Thank Dr Armani again and again.

I really like your results, and look forward to seeing more of them. What a nice story.:slight_smile:

» Man Of Mystery, I really enjoyed reading your story ! My story is very
» similar to yours, but the writings of my experience pale in the eloquence
» that you have shared.
»
» Dr. Armani has had such a positive impact in my life, and I am happy that
» he has done so for you as well. I have not been back to Toronto since I
» have had my HT, but you can bet that when I do go back t I will stop in and
» Thank Dr Armani again and again.
»
» I really like your results, and look forward to seeing more of them. What
» a nice story.:slight_smile:

Glad you had a great experience aswell. I also didnt sleep the night before and was VERY nervous but my experience went exactly like yours. Dr.Armani was great and i really liked him along with all of his staff and i couldnt have felt more secure in there hands, not one hickup the whole 14 long hours or so and Dr.Armani even called his limo service and got me a deal to get transportation home as he didnt want me to stay in a hotel that night as he was nervous i might not sleep good or properly there, and i was short on money so he really cared about me and i highly respect and appreciate him. There is no way he would leave you in any unsafe situation and i highly respect him for that. He really cares about his patients and loves his work, working the long hours that he does. My grafts are just starting to fall out now, so im going to tough it out for the next few months untill they start growing back, and cant wait as the hairline/temple desing Dr.Armani did for me i couldnt have asked for better. Im very glad i decided to go through with this and soon the tough part will be over and all i have to do is wait for the growth! I wouldnt have picked any other clinic but Alvi Armani and to get back my original look im extremely happy i did choose them. He really does make you look great.

Enjoy the hair my friend!

MoM, are you the same guy in one of Armani’s videos on his website? Your hair looks great.

Looks awesome man! A head of hair like that should get that modeling career back on track! :slight_smile:

Nice work, but with due props to ya we don’t wanna hear your whole life story, we just wanna hear the bottom line…

Dr. Armani, thumbs up or thumbs down?

Yeah or nay?

All we need is a one word answer, the price you paid, and before and after photos.

What I meant by the receptionist comment was that after clearly explaining how nervous I was, tired from my trip (kinda like a hint of sorts…), in my business and in most … the obvious thing would of been to help ease that person knowing well and good why they are nervous by offering some of the amenities that are available.

Thats why, I mean, you figure if I will get personal attention when buying a car…then why not something as personal and expensive as cosmetic surgery.

I mean forgive me but a receptionist in this field should also be very personable and empathetic along with organized.

Another example as too the seemingly problematic receptionist issues Ive experienced there was with the NEW RECEPTIONIST (LOL) when I went for my follow up (the after pictures you see…)

I had booked my follow up appointment one month prior, and the drive from where I was, was a good 5 hours… Thank the lord I did a follow up (which by the way never happened from the Dr) the day of before I left that morning (apt was for 5pm, end of day) and low and behold … after rescheduling my work day … I was not in the books!!! WTF!!!

Im about to drive 5 hopurs EACH WAY!!!.. cancel my work day and the follow up schedule is booked solid and im not there!!!

Anyhoo… thats what I meant

Cheers

thanks everyone for all the feedback …

Its very reassuring and very, very well appreciated.

In terms of the video… hmmm… No clue! I should check that out!!! I didnt sign up for any video so ill get to that right away… can you shoot me a link if possible?

In regards to not wanting to hear my story… Frankly… I dont care, dont read it then…

This is a very personal business…personal choices…personal experiences…and frankly… the way a client experiences this full process in my opinion is very important and a deal breaker for me.

Thats what set my business apart from others… SERVICE, COMMUNICATION, FOLLOW UPS, and ACCOMONDATIONS.

You know what… Im obviously very new to this forum, however Ill say this… Its a heck of a tool… and I think that someone who is simply shopping price… clean and simple… is not someone that I think will benefit from my experience.

I put a huge value on service… ease… comfort… respect… a cost cannot be directly allocated to those and for those reasons I chose not to make my decision based on price.

You are free to do so… however that gentleman who enjoyed the comfort of that limo transport… he enjoyed and appreciated a comfortable ride and a kind gesture… was it the 200$ that was important? NO… it was the fact that the people there thought of that little extra.

Looking forward to seeing those results RAWMAN btw!!!

Thanks MMAGUY, your words were very much appreciated, seems like someone else has also seen and experienced the emotional benefit of this procedure and the personal touch of the Armani organization… kudos man… akll the best to you!!! and Thanks IPOD!!, I agree it was very efficient and well placed!

Want to shop price? go ahead Shop price… get your future shop flyer out and go ahead…

I bring my hard earned money to someone who respects it, appreciates it, and values it as much as i do. And in this case… it was exactly that with the Alvi Armani organization for me. PERIOD, im not saying other doctors wont do the same… what Im saying is that the family oriented service that I received was EXACTLY what I was looking for.

I really look forward to this board… I am already seeing the benefits… the people who obviously are here to learn, appreciate, receieve and give respect and others who are here to ask redundant questions that can simply asked by calling the office… want a price? call the sales office

Only telling from the before and after photos…very nice job by armani again.

Sorry, but there’s just no way I’m going to read that autobiography:no:

» Good Morning Fellow Posters & Lurkers…
»
» My name for now is “Man of Mystery” or “MOM” (Blast!!! I really didn’t
» see that coming !!!), and this is my FULL detailed story about my hair
» transplant experience with the Alvi Armani organization. it is long, and in
» many ways epic that if made into a Hollywood film, no one would probably
» show up, however at least it would be detailed!
»
» I had my procedure done almost 2 years ago and I have waited to accumulate
» my thoughts, my experiences, real post op and post dealings with Alvi
» Armani data, and most importantly … RESULTS. The REAL RESULTS…
»
» Frankly I am very exited to begin interacting with the community and here
» is my story and my intro… thank you very much …
»
» BTW … I have a website that I’m building with tons of before, after, and
» during photos… I’ll let everyone know when it’s done!!!
»
»
»
»
» August 10, 2007 was the date that changed my life. August 10, 2007 was the
» date that I had my 2000 grafts in the form of a FUE procedure done in
» Toronto with Dr. Alvi Armani.
»
» It’s a day that I will NEVER forget for the rest of my life.
»
» I have been a lurker on these forums for a while now because I wanted to
» have my complete results from the procedure to both report and show you …
»
» So here I am, 2 years later, and here is my story …
»
» I am currently 27 years old (turning 28) and I am an electronic music
» producer that until recently have been in hiding making only remixes for
» very well known artists and even producing a vast majority of the
» electronic hits you all know and love (or hate ) and then selling them to
» artists whom then consequently own them and promote them as their own.
»
» I also own (it recently completely burned down in a five alarm fire (I’m
» rebuilding it as we speak)) a very forward thinking recording facility that
» has given opportunities to beginning bands that couldn’t afford the high
» end/high priced studios. And within those doors, I have worked on some of
» the most popular Hollywood films, Videogames and Music projects that you
» all know and love (or hate )
»
» For the beginning part of my career I was only focused on making music for
» clients and selling the complete licenses and not releasing these songs
» that I created and/or remixed (which eventually in many cases became quite
» popular songs) under my own name because frankly it was easier and I wasn’t
» completely confident in my appearance. Hence releasing it all under my own
» name, having to promote the music, tour and essentially be the face of
» these tracks wasn’t something I was comfortable nor confident with at the
» time.
»
» I have also modeled for quite some time however in the last little while
» of my modeling days, all of my shoots that I was called in for were all
» body shots and underware ads, and yet I couldn’t figure out why? It was
» like I was almost in complete denial.
»
» At one point in early 2007 I started to accept that I was losing my hair…
» I was completely destroyed mentally. I have no hair loss in my family
» whatsoever, live a copmpletely healthy lifestyle, eat well, train 5 days a
» week in the evening and run/rollerblade 6 days a week in the morning to
» begin my day and I love life to its absolute fullest.
»
» I surround myself with financially and mentally successful and content
» human beings that I continually learn more and more from everyday, I have a
» girlfriend that I love with all my heart and dedicate my entire existence
» to, I have 3 people whom earn a very decent living as a result of my
» business (at the studio I don’t like the term “employee”) and who I adore
» to take care of provide them a vehicle to earn a living doing what they
» love… So what gives???
»
» I guess for a while I couldn’t even fathom how something like that could
» happen to me???!!! I experienced the same exact feeling when a dear friend
» and creative partner on a few projects of 40 years old (RIP Keith) died of
» a heart attack. Perfect health, never smoked, didn’t drink, young daughter
» and married, but he dies??? I couldn’t understand his death as much as I
» couldn’t understand what was happening to my hair.
»
» So I started researching online…
»
» I found the usual things people always find first; Rogaine/Minoxodil, the
» magic combs, creams, shampoos, witch potions, toe nails extracted from real
» unicorns, you know… the usual…
»
» Then I started researching about hair transplants, because I didn’t like
» those temporary solutions or products that if ceased, you would lose the
» results … I wanted something permanent. But the funny thing is all I had as
» a reference point for transplants was that Russian Mob character in “Be
» Cool” which looked like braided doll hair and frankly that was a was a
» frightening thought!
»
» Either way … I typed in something along the lines of best hair transplant
» and low and behold I came across the Alvi Armani website, and they had a
» contact in my city!!! JACKPOT!!! (I had no clue as to where clients could
» possibly exist… LA? New York? … No freakin clue…)
»
» Now comes the good stuff … I was so embaressed to call (as if the people
» answering the phone DON’T know why you are calling right? :cool so my first
» call I actually used a very heavy foreign accent and a fake name as to not
» be potentially recognized (what’s the chances of you knowing someone in a
» hair transplant clinic :satisfied…
»
» Well… as a first impression on the first number I called I have to say
» that the representative that I spoke with (Chad) was phenomenal… He made me
» feel like what I was experiencing was completely ok, that no questions were
» stupid questions and not to feel embarrassed on any level.
»
» That inspired me to have a meeting with him… So I booked one. And I was
» still a bit embaressed to go into the clinic (of course in case a hot
» secretary works there, I mean this is cosmetic no? :Wow So Chad made a in
» house visit and that was the beginning of the end for me…
»
» I asked a MILLLION QUESTIONS to the point where my first meeting was in
» excess of 2 hrs and he was nothing short of understanding, helping,
» patient, quite comforting and VERY CONFIDENT in his answers and completely
» confident in the Dr whom he worked for.
»
» Now, please don’t be mislead, I did NOT SHOP AROUND. So my time on here
» will be to learn from your experiences with other doctors and other
» results, and I cannot in ANY WAY nor will bash any other doctor nor will I
» say that Dr Armani is the BEST. But what I can so is give you a very
» detailed example as to the way I was treated, my experience and my
» results.
»
» Moving on … I met Chad at least a half a dozen times more before I booked
» and frankly I think I was above average in terms of closing time (over 7
» months) for multiple reasons.
»
» 1) It was pricey; I mean to spend in the double digits of thousands of
» dollars no matter what your income level is (unless you are Mr and Mrs
» Gates :hehe is not something you do everyday. I mean, the second largest
» purchase the average person will make in their lifetime is a car, and this
» is probably the next in line so I took quite a while to think about it and
» as well whether to opt for the financing option rather than cash.
»
» 2) I needed to justify the procedure to myself, I mean the thing that I
» learned AFTER this procedure is that my girlfriend didn’t even see why I
» wanted to get it and frankly after my surgery I was involved in many
» discussions with females that said that have NO PROBLEM AT ALL with balding
» men as they see it as very manly. It shows that you are a real man, a
» growing real man (later on this later btw I have some seriously interesting
» finds on some studies about female and male attraction!!!), but it was
» mostly an investment in myself, to myself. Could I put a price on my own
» confidence? Was it necessary? Why do I need hair to be confident? Etc…
»
» 3) I needed to understand and FULLY EVALUATE the time loss from my work
» and lifestyle with the post procedure recovery time.
»
» 4) I would not be able to train which to some may sound silly but it is a
» HUGE part of my mental and physical strength and well being.
»
» 5) The pain; I have been kickboxing since I was 8 and I have taken full
» force blows by 250 lbs monsters, and I have trained myself to absorb it,
» shake it off and proceed to make him pay… but needles? Blood? Doctors?
» White coats? Knives? Cutting my head? Inflated eyes and face? I AM
» TERRIFIED OF THAT !!!
»
» So essentially and to slightly speed up my story, after I evaluated all of
» those questions, I opted to go for it!!!
»
» In case you are wondering why I didn’t shop around … these are MY PERSONAL
» REASONS …
»
» I hate shopping around to negotiate for a price, I mean the service to
» date has been phenomenal and Chad has always been there for me, so what’s
» the alternative? Thanks for your hours/ months of help, kindness,
» professionalism, patience and advice but I found another doctor? Sure I
» guess you can and have the right to do that … but not me. Im Greek, and a
» firm old school believer in respect/business/family values and
» relationships, I believe that if business/life was as it was back in the
» day, the world would be a better place by leaps and bounds. Today, everyone
» shops every single penny and doesn’t value service nearly as much as we
» used to.
»
» I already built a relationship with The Armani organization, and I felt
» based on the service that I had received to date, that they understood my
» needs and my goals and shopping was completely redundant for me. It’s kind
» of like when to call Rogers and you have to repeat the same story to 4
» different representatives! I hate that!!!
»
» I also factored in my time as well, I mean my time in life and business is
» very valuable and frankly easily accountable for. I didn’t have any
» interest to take more of my time to meet different reps, different
» companies, more meetings, more discussions … it would mean more time lost
» for me and frankly Dr Armani’s website shows incredible results so why
» bother… its all 10’s so far… GIDDIUP !!!
»
» And lastly, because I felt a personal relation to Dr Armani’s company. In
» my personal business whether I earn you as a client in studio or not … the
» experience is the same all the time. Warm, welcoming, inviting and kind all
» entrenched in a huge confidence in our work that doesn’t cross into
» arrogance… and I felt that exact feeling with Dr Armani. Confident enough
» to give me EAXACTLY WHAT I WANT and deliver what he promises, but not too
» cocky to give off the type of vibe of … “It’s ok if you don’t chose us, I
» don’t need your business anyway”
»
» So I called Chad back with my decision and GIDDIUP !!!
»
» …

LOL @ MJ

It isnt for everyone… LOL

I felt the need to tell my story once and for all, because people who either are not looking for a transplant or havent had one, wont understand it… So this is the first time I could share the experience and people could understand…

But thanks for the comments!!!

Cheers!!!

MoM:

Enjoyed the story. Your hair looks incredible. Thank you for the transparency and your honest opinion. Dr. Armani did an excellent job for 2000 grafts.

Thanks JTelecom…

Thanks for the very kind words and feedback, it was very much appreciated and obviously quite welcomed…

All the best to you…

Cheers

MoM Out!

» Good Morning Fellow Posters & Lurkers…
»
» My name for now is “Man of Mystery” or “MOM” (Blast!!! I really didn’t
» see that coming !!!), and this is my FULL detailed story about my hair
» transplant experience with the Alvi Armani organization. it is long, and in
» many ways epic that if made into a Hollywood film, no one would probably
» show up, however at least it would be detailed!
»
» I had my procedure done almost 2 years ago and I have waited to accumulate
» my thoughts, my experiences, real post op and post dealings with Alvi
» Armani data, and most importantly … RESULTS. The REAL RESULTS…
»
» Frankly I am very exited to begin interacting with the community and here
» is my story and my intro… thank you very much …
»
» BTW … I have a website that I’m building with tons of before, after, and
» during photos… I’ll let everyone know when it’s done!!!
»
»
»
»
» August 10, 2007 was the date that changed my life. August 10, 2007 was the
» date that I had my 2000 grafts in the form of a FUE procedure done in
» Toronto with Dr. Alvi Armani.
»
» It’s a day that I will NEVER forget for the rest of my life.
»
» I have been a lurker on these forums for a while now because I wanted to
» have my complete results from the procedure to both report and show you …
»
» So here I am, 2 years later, and here is my story …
»
» I am currently 27 years old (turning 28) and I am an electronic music
» producer that until recently have been in hiding making only remixes for
» very well known artists and even producing a vast majority of the
» electronic hits you all know and love (or hate ) and then selling them to
» artists whom then consequently own them and promote them as their own.
»
» I also own (it recently completely burned down in a five alarm fire (I’m
» rebuilding it as we speak)) a very forward thinking recording facility that
» has given opportunities to beginning bands that couldn’t afford the high
» end/high priced studios. And within those doors, I have worked on some of
» the most popular Hollywood films, Videogames and Music projects that you
» all know and love (or hate )
»
» For the beginning part of my career I was only focused on making music for
» clients and selling the complete licenses and not releasing these songs
» that I created and/or remixed (which eventually in many cases became quite
» popular songs) under my own name because frankly it was easier and I wasn’t
» completely confident in my appearance. Hence releasing it all under my own
» name, having to promote the music, tour and essentially be the face of
» these tracks wasn’t something I was comfortable nor confident with at the
» time.
»
» I have also modeled for quite some time however in the last little while
» of my modeling days, all of my shoots that I was called in for were all
» body shots and underware ads, and yet I couldn’t figure out why? It was
» like I was almost in complete denial.
»
» At one point in early 2007 I started to accept that I was losing my hair…
» I was completely destroyed mentally. I have no hair loss in my family
» whatsoever, live a copmpletely healthy lifestyle, eat well, train 5 days a
» week in the evening and run/rollerblade 6 days a week in the morning to
» begin my day and I love life to its absolute fullest.
»
» I surround myself with financially and mentally successful and content
» human beings that I continually learn more and more from everyday, I have a
» girlfriend that I love with all my heart and dedicate my entire existence
» to, I have 3 people whom earn a very decent living as a result of my
» business (at the studio I don’t like the term “employee”) and who I adore
» to take care of provide them a vehicle to earn a living doing what they
» love… So what gives???
»
» I guess for a while I couldn’t even fathom how something like that could
» happen to me???!!! I experienced the same exact feeling when a dear friend
» and creative partner on a few projects of 40 years old (RIP Keith) died of
» a heart attack. Perfect health, never smoked, didn’t drink, young daughter
» and married, but he dies??? I couldn’t understand his death as much as I
» couldn’t understand what was happening to my hair.
»
» So I started researching online…
»
» I found the usual things people always find first; Rogaine/Minoxodil, the
» magic combs, creams, shampoos, witch potions, toe nails extracted from real
» unicorns, you know… the usual…
»
» Then I started researching about hair transplants, because I didn’t like
» those temporary solutions or products that if ceased, you would lose the
» results … I wanted something permanent. But the funny thing is all I had as
» a reference point for transplants was that Russian Mob character in “Be
» Cool” which looked like braided doll hair and frankly that was a was a
» frightening thought!
»
» Either way … I typed in something along the lines of best hair transplant
» and low and behold I came across the Alvi Armani website, and they had a
» contact in my city!!! JACKPOT!!! (I had no clue as to where clients could
» possibly exist… LA? New York? … No freakin clue…)
»
» Now comes the good stuff … I was so embaressed to call (as if the people
» answering the phone DON’T know why you are calling right? :cool so my first
» call I actually used a very heavy foreign accent and a fake name as to not
» be potentially recognized (what’s the chances of you knowing someone in a
» hair transplant clinic :satisfied…
»
» Well… as a first impression on the first number I called I have to say
» that the representative that I spoke with (Chad) was phenomenal… He made me
» feel like what I was experiencing was completely ok, that no questions were
» stupid questions and not to feel embarrassed on any level.
»
» That inspired me to have a meeting with him… So I booked one. And I was
» still a bit embaressed to go into the clinic (of course in case a hot
» secretary works there, I mean this is cosmetic no? :Wow So Chad made a in
» house visit and that was the beginning of the end for me…
»
» I asked a MILLLION QUESTIONS to the point where my first meeting was in
» excess of 2 hrs and he was nothing short of understanding, helping,
» patient, quite comforting and VERY CONFIDENT in his answers and completely
» confident in the Dr whom he worked for.
»
» Now, please don’t be mislead, I did NOT SHOP AROUND. So my time on here
» will be to learn from your experiences with other doctors and other
» results, and I cannot in ANY WAY nor will bash any other doctor nor will I
» say that Dr Armani is the BEST. But what I can so is give you a very
» detailed example as to the way I was treated, my experience and my
» results.
»
» Moving on … I met Chad at least a half a dozen times more before I booked
» and frankly I think I was above average in terms of closing time (over 7
» months) for multiple reasons.
»
» 1) It was pricey; I mean to spend in the double digits of thousands of
» dollars no matter what your income level is (unless you are Mr and Mrs
» Gates :hehe is not something you do everyday. I mean, the second largest
» purchase the average person will make in their lifetime is a car, and this
» is probably the next in line so I took quite a while to think about it and
» as well whether to opt for the financing option rather than cash.
»
» 2) I needed to justify the procedure to myself, I mean the thing that I
» learned AFTER this procedure is that my girlfriend didn’t even see why I
» wanted to get it and frankly after my surgery I was involved in many
» discussions with females that said that have NO PROBLEM AT ALL with balding
» men as they see it as very manly. It shows that you are a real man, a
» growing real man (later on this later btw I have some seriously interesting
» finds on some studies about female and male attraction!!!), but it was
» mostly an investment in myself, to myself. Could I put a price on my own
» confidence? Was it necessary? Why do I need hair to be confident? Etc…
»
» 3) I needed to understand and FULLY EVALUATE the time loss from my work
» and lifestyle with the post procedure recovery time.
»
» 4) I would not be able to train which to some may sound silly but it is a
» HUGE part of my mental and physical strength and well being.
»
» 5) The pain; I have been kickboxing since I was 8 and I have taken full
» force blows by 250 lbs monsters, and I have trained myself to absorb it,
» shake it off and proceed to make him pay… but needles? Blood? Doctors?
» White coats? Knives? Cutting my head? Inflated eyes and face? I AM
» TERRIFIED OF THAT !!!
»
» So essentially and to slightly speed up my story, after I evaluated all of
» those questions, I opted to go for it!!!
»
» In case you are wondering why I didn’t shop around … these are MY PERSONAL
» REASONS …
»
» I hate shopping around to negotiate for a price, I mean the service to
» date has been phenomenal and Chad has always been there for me, so what’s
» the alternative? Thanks for your hours/ months of help, kindness,
» professionalism, patience and advice but I found another doctor? Sure I
» guess you can and have the right to do that … but not me. Im Greek, and a
» firm old school believer in respect/business/family values and
» relationships, I believe that if business/life was as it was back in the
» day, the world would be a better place by leaps and bounds. Today, everyone
» shops every single penny and doesn’t value service nearly as much as we
» used to.
»
» I already built a relationship with The Armani organization, and I felt
» based on the service that I had received to date, that they understood my
» needs and my goals and shopping was completely redundant for me. It’s kind
» of like when to call Rogers and you have to repeat the same story to 4
» different representatives! I hate that!!!
»
» I also factored in my time as well, I mean my time in life and business is
» very valuable and frankly easily accountable for. I didn’t have any
» interest to take more of my time to meet different reps, different
» companies, more meetings, more discussions … it would mean more time lost
» for me and frankly Dr Armani’s website shows incredible results so why
» bother… its all 10’s so far… GIDDIUP !!!
»
» And lastly, because I felt a personal relation to Dr Armani’s company. In
» my personal business whether I earn you as a client in studio or not … the
» experience is the same all the time. Warm, welcoming, inviting and kind all
» entrenched in a huge confidence in our work that doesn’t cross into
» arrogance… and I felt that exact feeling with Dr Armani. Confident enough
» to give me EAXACTLY WHAT I WANT and deliver what he promises, but not too
» cocky to give off the type of vibe of … “It’s ok if you don’t chose us, I
» don’t need your business anyway”
»
» So I called Chad back with my decision and GIDDIUP !!!

»
Hi Mom,

Welcome to hairsite. Thanks for putting in the effort to tell us all here about your experience. Im sure most who make the effort to read your story from start to finish will find it very interesting, and learn from it. Those that couldnt be bothered with alot of reading can just scroll down and see the great results Armani achieved with relatively few grafts and then move on to the next thread.
Look forward to more articles from the Man of Mystery and good luck with all your endeavors.

Hairwhereiwantit…

Thank you very much for your feedback… I couldnt agree more btw about the scolling… dont want to share the experience and understand it… scroll! Simple

BTW … your transplant look great!.. I wish you all the best… good health, positivity and success with your procedure for the future!

Cheers!

MoM

Hey MOM,

Amazing story & results are awesome… you must be very happy now!

Just out of interest - what style of electronic music do you produce? Im in the scene myself as a producer - maybe send me a PM or something if you want.

I also had a surgery with Dr Armani.

Cheers

Dan