My Full Epic Story; 2 years & 2000 FUE Dr. Alvi Armani grafts later ... PART1

Seems to fall into the category of AMAZING RESULTS, with only a small amount of hairloss to begin with

and used up 2000 grafts? on this small area?
Looks absolutely fantastic,

However, what happens when your hair does a Matt Lauer? on you in about 5 to 10 yrs time

You have used up perhaps 30 percent of your available grafts, on a tHICK luxurious frontal hair line. When or if you start thinning rapidly on the sides near the partline and the hair behind your front to the crown etc etc etc, you now only have 4000 grafts left and you wont be able to reproduce that thick hairline, in the new balding areas.

I see this agrressive frontal hairlines a lot from many docs today. Personally I think its risky . Of course if the future balding happens, the way I described, the docs will blame the patients, and say they advised the patient of the risks, but the patient INSISTED on the aggressive hairline

» Anyhoo… thats what I meant

Thanks, it was just my curiosity and you explained me it very well. I hope she was good looking at least :slight_smile:

Man of Mystery,

Great story and thanks for sharing! I can relate to the experiences you had with the Armani clinic and couldn’t agree more. They are a great group of professionals and my experience with them was nothing short of excellent. I am looking forward to viewing your website to see in detail your progression over the last couple of years. Your results are awesome man!

JP

Hanginginthere…

Well, thankfully as I mentioned… I have been a lurker for wuite some time before I started to post a few days ago… and it seems to me and apparently others as well… that you seem to be a broken record with the same statement and comments that you equally apply to everyone…

So based on your logic of putting EVERYONE in the same category, and all situations being the same… then I guess that it would be safe to say to all people from Alabama are inbred/stupid… or that all PitBulls will kill you… all … my point is made…

Hanginginthere… 30% of my donor area??? Are you serious man? Either you love conflict…bitter and angry about something… or the resolution on your screen is completely out of wack… but dude… my sides and back (donor area) is so thick that if anyone ever needs any donor… come see me…

R u serious man??? … cmon dude…

Imean with your logic you mean to tell me that the MOP OF HAIR that i have on the side and back that all I safely have left to give is 5000 grafts??? and not only that… u mean to tell me that 5000 grafts even if I was completely bald wouldnt be enough to give me a great head of hair in my golden years and would above else leave me looking like a “FREAK” as you say???

LOLOLOLOL Cmon man… ease up a bit on ur %'s, and ur language…

I dont shy away from battle of wits/facts however it seems like you just love confrentation and are quite a frusrated and unhappy person…

You insult people for complimenting my results… and acting as sheep and responding in the same way… What do you propose they do???

Say I look like crap… stress soo much about future problems that are based on generalizations? It seems to me that you might potentially be a cool human being… but you are obviously a very very frustrated and angry man…

What I think my story has PROVED thus far with apparantly most people other than you, is that this board is a place where people can come to for support… encoruagment and positivity…

You think alcoholics wal;k into a session and people tell them how much of a dumb drunk they are …

I appreciate the positive things you said, but Im pretty much going to chalk your post on the “MOOT” column… you start with positivity and then you thrown in usless generalizations taht you apparantly apply to everyone…

You logice is flawed and it seems like you dont understand what a “Caveat” means… Because your posts are full of em…

I hope you will one day ease up and not generalize… you will be ahppier and frankly go much farther… start being “cool”, make some friends on here if you havent like I intend on doing… contribute someone other than negative generalizations, and not call everyone sheep…

thats my $0.02

Cheers

Without Prejudice

MoM

Dan…

Thanks for the comments man… really cool of you!

In terms of the music… right on man!!!

a PM would be a better place as I would with quite high profile pop artists and dj’s alike, so in provate would be better to discuss work…

But I would love to man…

Keep the music alive and well!!!

Cheers

MoM

Kiffa…

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL well she was cute, but man or man… im not one of those guys that can date a empty vase if you get my drift…

My patience for meaningless conversation would ware thin and off i go lol

Cheers

MoM

JP

Thanks alot man, It nice to hear that about you as well…

Brother your results dude are great as well… apart from you being happy about your experience I assume you are happy on a result front as well?

MoM

Please, no personal attacks, name calling or bickering. Some of the posts have been removed. Be respectful of fellow forum members.

Please read forum etiquette:
http://www.hairsite.com/forum-policy.htm

Very interesting and detailed story MoM…your results look great. How long was the after pic taken after you had your surgery? I as well am looking into getting a procedure done and Armani is certainly at the top of my list so far. Are you able to comment more on the months after the transplant? For instance, were you in hiding for long? Did you wear hats often? Was it difficult to do the normal every day activities shortly after or did you pretty much just write the first month off?

» Seems to fall into the category of AMAZING RESULTS, with only a small
» amount of hairloss to begin with
»
» and used up 2000 grafts? on this small area?
» Looks absolutely fantastic,
»
I am not sure I would call this “only a small amount of hairloss” His hairline had completly receeded as well as temples and all behind.

» » Seems to fall into the category of AMAZING RESULTS, with only a small
» » amount of hairloss to begin with
» »
» » and used up 2000 grafts? on this small area?
» » Looks absolutely fantastic,
» »
» I am not sure I would call this “only a small amount of hairloss” His
» hairline had completly receeded as well as temples and all behind.
»
»

well he was receded for sure, but what would you call his NW level?
I would say NW2?

Hangin may have his issues, but I agree you did get a pretty low hairline. (although you won’t look like a freak, u may have to compromise on the crown)…and donor does thin out. I am on minox, no dht blocker (fin didn’t work for me) and i notice that my donor area is slowly thinning over the past ten years…nothing major but it def isn’t as thick as it was when i was 18. If your donor does thin out, your transplant will look thinner as will be your remaining ammunition…so hopefully you are on fin, that should take care of this problem for most people

» BEFORE
»
»
»
» [sup][/sup]
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
» AFTER
»
»
»
»

And people still try to claim that hair doesn’t matter. The guy in the first couple of pics is a stone-cold, basement-dwelling beta male. The guy in the second group of pics is a full-on alpha male who I wouldn’t want anywhere near my wife. I don’t even have to know this person and that’s the immediate reaction I would have upon meeting these two different looks, and first impressions are 90% of social success.

As to “dangerous hairline” stuff, I have no comment. Personally, I think ANY hair transplant is risky, but I’m pretty sure that HM will be here within 10-15 years, so if this guy can keep what he’s got left with what’s available now (the Big 3), he’ll be fine. If not, he will look quite strange. But he’s one of the few who got a great result from an HT, and he’s got at least 5 years to enjoy that result.

tthabet…

Thanks for the comments man… Well appreciated …

Now to your questions…

• Those pics were taken during my follow up visit in early 09 (not sure exactly when Id have to call the client and see if the visit is documented somewhere), which make it about … a little over a year and a half…

• This is the question i found interesting actually… Socially hiding …

You see the doctor says about a week and you look normally facially (no more swelling and stuff). Thats timeline is real, and when to stop wearing the medical cap, i think about the same (from my memory), and the sleeping upright I think its under a week…

BUT …

It depends on you mentally… you see with certain things (locking the front door, my microphones, counting the money I have on me, my morning schedule, etc… I can be pretty compulsive… and with the [post off instructions I exxaggerated EVERYTHING by 5 almost LOL. I mean I dont think it did anything, (kinda like you can put more min if you want but it wont do anymore, type of thing), in the reccommended time…

I wore the med cap for a month, slept upright for the same, hats? NEVER, I never wore a baseball cap because; first mentally i just got something to AVOID CAPS!!! LOL, and secondly I dont wear caps in general and I was scared that the rough material would scratch the grafts.

• Difficult? depends on the way you look at it. Because of my job (in the studio) … I technically apart from natural sunlight, friends, alcohol and you know… women… there is no need to go out! (damn i forgot sex … I know it happens inside most of the time but you have to go OUT to get it if you are single lol… back on point…)

… So i mean I didnt leave the confinds of my studio for at least 3 weeks…

• When I started going out, as I mentioned in my story… I ALWAYS WORE THE HAT (even when the hair grew in… If i saw redness I had the hat). Im a bit of a outgoing joker type so I loved the hat… reasons to have fun with people, get a little sympathy, make good intro conversations… etc… lol

Honestly, you get used to it and its nothing after… its kinda fun… frankly I think I have “blue medical hat” withdrawl…

• It wasnt difficult, not was it as easy as all doctors probably claim… it very, very “different”. The after is also important that you have a friend/girlfriend/boyfriend/parent whatever… help you with the drops as to not accidentally touch the grafts.

You have to be very strict on your routine for the drops, and keeping the grafts AWAY FROM DIRT, and BE CAREFUL OF YOUR HEAD… no bumping… I remeber seeing a pic of a guy who bumped his head… damaged the grafts and they didnt grow in … poor guy…

The bottome line is tthabet… its the sensation of looking at yourself in the mirror WITH THE GRAFTS CRUSTED that excites you… Why u ask? because u see (in a wierd way) FULLNESS!!! a new hairline, it doenst last (they fall out) but you get excited because you see what you will look like…

Its AFTER that you must be strong… because when they fall out… thats when you look exactly as you did PRE OP… and it was mentally a bit shocking to me… its kinda like seeing a very fast transformation of yourself… kinda wierd because its literally like this…

before gentle washing of grafts you are Ricky Martin, after gentle washing, Homer simpson LOL

Other than that tthabet…

Go for it man…

Seriously I mean its that mentally feeling that i cant explain… but ill try …

Before you walk in the clinic for your procedure… you are nervous as heck… minutes before VERY NERVOUS, wondering why you did this? are you ready? was it the right choice… then it hits you!.. damn this, I paid already and its gonna happen!, needle goes in, STILL NERVOUS… then after about an hour…

A MASSIVE SMILE takes over your entire face…

In a few hours… you life will be completely different…

You become excited that a new world WILL IN FACT OPEN FOR YOU … I mean the funny thing is that what the doctor cant explain is that feeling that even though you look like you just called Mike Tysons mom a cow (with the inflammed eyes)… you IMMEDIATELY CHANGE

im DEAD SERIOUS…

You change… you become as you were when young… you become a monster of confidence and, things smell better, look bright, sound crisper…

I know this is cheesy but whether anyone says this or not it doenst matter… we all felt it.

I wish you all the best in your decision… but i have to tell you this…

When my confidence shot through the roof… i couldnt contain kt… I walked into the studio… without the legal rights to a song that was on the most sold album of all time… made a remix of it, and got it contact with one of the writers of a now deceased performer, and receieved the right to proceed with the song…

Oh and the funny thing is… that sNOTHING… the stories I have from what I overcame at my age … is astrnomical…

I know this sounds harsh bt its the facts… you are resaerching this meaning that you are now PASSED the point of being interested…

now its a question of WHEN… I remeber being where you are… your decison has already been made, now just take the next step to changing your life… I cant begin to tell you what it feels like…

And in terms of whom top go with… as I dont knwo the other doctors all i can tell you it that the way I was treated, dare i say loved? and respected at the Armani clinic… all I can say is that it very obviously appears that Im not the only one who feels that way…

All the best to you tthabet

Cheers

MoM

Brock Landers

First off…

KILLER NAME MAN!!! Awsome movie…

Thanks for the honesty and the well articulated and non aggressive comments.

From my research and speaking to a number of EX ADVISORS, I have come to a conclusion that I have about 10 000 donor grafts available at MAX MAX MAX

I also feel (no facts here… just feel) that the Max I should go with FUE would be a TOTAL of 6000 at MAX grafts, the rest should be FUSS as to avoiding patching (but with a good Dr… that might not be neccessary)

Either way, based on my analysis I have at Max 4000 left for FUE ALONE and frankly I feel that ones own satisfation on thinning/thickness is very unique to everyone… what if 5000 more in total is exactly what I want for the future?

I also have anothe rthought on this business… after a certain age… I wont care if Im thin, my goal is to get grafts generally evenly spaced and then when I thin, at 60 i wont really care (potentially)

Then there as another poster mentioned so many more advancements being made…

Whey bothering stressing… I love the results about 2 years later and imm better tahn ever (NO MIXODIL BTW) im taking absolutely nothing.

just love from my partner, love from music, good food, quality life…

My theory is that im not paying thousands of dollars to not know what im getting, if more hair falls (which it will) then so be it!!! you are gonna have to go for another transplant ANYWAYS, why spend money on MINOX and not know exactly what you pid for!!??

I used it only for the 14 months POST OP and thats it…

Eiother way man… Im not trying to stop what nature had in mind for me… Im just slowing it down to get my confidnce to a sky high level to advance my professional career, get married have my 4 kids, 3 dogs and retire…

IOm not trying to keep it forever, just trying to help my future famly have a comfortable life… and to me, my confidence plays a huge role in that. Thats why I chose a transplant

Thanks!

Cheers

MoM

Fckhls

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

U r a riot man…

First off thanks for commenting… very much appreciated…

Secondly… that confidence factor is frankly dead on… thats what this business sells… confidence… the actual physical exchange for money is hair… but the result is as you so bluntly and flawlessly put it…

Stone Cold confidence

And a comment on the wife thing…

Your wife loves you for you… not hair… just like my and anyone elses significant other.

Confidence, respect, love… Those are very lacking in men today and that what women in particualr want

Funny about the basement swelling comment but ironically, thats exactly what my life was like… hide in the studio… never socialize… u hit it DEAD ON MAN … Wow…

Anyhoo

Cheers!

moM

» Kiffa…
»
» LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL well she was cute, but man or man… im not one of those
» guys that can date a empty vase if you get my drift…
»
» My patience for meaningless conversation would ware thin and off i go lol
»
» Cheers
»
» MoM

heheheheh just kidding here but I caught your point :wink:
sorry for the intrusion and congrats for your new look, your metamorphosis is impressive !:lol:

Whats with apology???

It was a good question!!! It just so happened to be funny lol

Thanks again, very kind of you!!!

Btw… do you mind me asking which clinic you worked for???

MoM

» Brock Landers
»
» First off…
»
» KILLER NAME MAN!!! Awsome movie…
»
» Thanks for the honesty and the well articulated and non aggressive
» comments.
»
» From my research and speaking to a number of EX ADVISORS, I have come to a
» conclusion that I have about 10 000 donor grafts available at MAX MAX MAX
»
» I also feel (no facts here… just feel) that the Max I should go with FUE
» would be a TOTAL of 6000 at MAX grafts, the rest should be FUSS as to
» avoiding patching (but with a good Dr… that might not be neccessary)
»
» Either way, based on my analysis I have at Max 4000 left for FUE ALONE
» and frankly I feel that ones own satisfation on thinning/thickness is very
» unique to everyone… what if 5000 more in total is exactly what I want for
» the future?
»
» I also have anothe rthought on this business… after a certain age… I
» wont care if Im thin, my goal is to get grafts generally evenly spaced and
» then when I thin, at 60 i wont really care (potentially)
»
» Then there as another poster mentioned so many more advancements being
» made…
»
» Whey bothering stressing… I love the results about 2 years later and imm
» better tahn ever (NO MIXODIL BTW) im taking absolutely nothing.
»
» just love from my partner, love from music, good food, quality life…
»
» My theory is that im not paying thousands of dollars to not know what im
» getting, if more hair falls (which it will) then so be it!!! you are gonna
» have to go for another transplant ANYWAYS, why spend money on MINOX and not
» know exactly what you pid for!!??
»
» I used it only for the 14 months POST OP and thats it…
»
» Eiother way man… Im not trying to stop what nature had in mind for me…
» Im just slowing it down to get my confidnce to a sky high level to advance
» my professional career, get married have my 4 kids, 3 dogs and retire…
»
» IOm not trying to keep it forever, just trying to help my future famly
» have a comfortable life… and to me, my confidence plays a huge role in
» that. Thats why I chose a transplant
»
» Thanks!
»
» Cheers
»
» MoM

personally your hair did not look even close to bad or bald before your procedure
I am comparing you to bald guys, not to how your hair was before

you dont need perfect hair to get a girlfriend and have a future life, which is what you seem to imply by your post

and you think you wont care about your hair when you are older? that is not true either, thats like saying you wont take a bath after the age of fifty,
older people care about their appearance also

seems you living in a bit of a fantasy world about what hair will do for you now.

its almost like people thinking that if they get plastic surgery people will like them more, when sometimes the opposite is true, and people think, my god you are insecure

» »
» »
»
» well he was receded for sure, but what would you call his NW level?
» I would say NW2?

Yes, I would say he is somewhere between a Norwood 2-3. His hairline is certainly receeded and all behind it. Did he HAVE to have a procedure done?? NO. Was he as bald as some others who have it done?? NO

But he chose to have a procedure done and he seems very happy with the results. He also seems pretty educated on the process and is aware that he MAY need another procedure in the future. You don’t seem to agree with his decision but bickering with Man of Mystery over why and why he shouldn’t have had the work done, I don’t see the point really.

He looks stunning with his new Armani Hairline.