Most Promising?

Dear all,

What is the most promising treatment out there using stem cells? Is it the work of Dr. George Cotsarelis or perhaps that of Dr. Elaine Fuchs. While the latter’s goal maybe different, it seems she has had the most promising resluts although I can’t seem to find any recent reports or papers from either. Has anyone tried to contact the researches directly to volunteer as a test subject?

» Dear all,
»
» What is the most promising treatment out there using stem cells? Is it
» the work of Dr. George Cotsarelis or perhaps that of Dr. Elaine Fuchs.
» While the latter’s goal maybe different, it seems she has had the most
» promising resluts although I can’t seem to find any recent reports or
» papers from either. Has anyone tried to contact the researches directly to
» volunteer as a test subject?

Isn’t Cotsarelis working for Follica?

» Dear all,
»
» What is the most promising treatment out there using stem cells? Is it
» the work of Dr. George Cotsarelis or perhaps that of Dr. Elaine Fuchs.
» While the latter’s goal maybe different, it seems she has had the most
» promising resluts although I can’t seem to find any recent reports or
» papers from either. Has anyone tried to contact the researches directly to
» volunteer as a test subject?

when i first learned of this i was hopeful… now i don’t really think things are going to pan out with in a reasonable amount of time. I talked to my brother who is currently working on cancer. He is currently getting his doctorate as well in chemistry he also minored in biology. he is very intelligent. He said that he believed that this technology would with out a doubt work at some point and time but that it prolly (more than likely) will never happen in our life time. He also said that it may be so complex that it could end up not being worth it. He gave me the example of magic johnson going to europe and literally bombing himself with every technology available both in research and on the market to cure his aids. in other words you need majic johnson money to do it. i hope hes wrong but god things look bleak. i have tried myself multiple times to contact some of these companys but of course no one responds.

owell ill keep on hoping but also try to accept things at the same time

sorry to be so negative

Different laws, a lot of money to invest, different minds, a growing economy… i think Asia will be a surprise, for hairs too… recently i don’t believe in nothing coming from usa… only bull s h i t.

» Different laws, a lot of money to invest, different minds, a growing
» economy… i think Asia will be a surprise, for hairs too… recently i
» don’t believe in nothing coming from usa… only bull s h i t

Only bullsh*t coming out of UK to!

Asia yes,good chance.

I really don’t understand why this is all so difficult. The science is there and has been proven. There are lots of more than willing test subjects out there. I just don’t understand it.

What has been proven?

We have yet to see a single money-shot example of hair regeneration by a HM research team.

» What has been proven?
»
»
» We have yet to see a single money-shot example of hair regeneration by a
» HM research team.

Asia is the counterfeit capitol of the world - NOTHING is real there. Their manufacturing practices (outside of Japan and Korea, and even Korea is questionable as evidenced by their cloning scandal) are atrocious. They have very little value for human life - its a cultural thing. In Hong Kong, they cap civil damage awards at $100k - $50k if the victim is a woman! “What? Our crappy elevator killed your son? Here’s $100k. Huh? Your wife drowned in our defective pool? You get $50k.” You couldn’t pay me enough to trust any protocol that comes out of Asia. If they ever develop something legit, a real pharma will buy it, test it properly, and then market it. Unless it has a Western company’s name attached to it, I’m not interested, if for no other reason than that at least I know a Western pharma can be sued if it ends up killing me. You’re taking your life into your own hands if you fly to Asia for medical treatment. Its not worth it - its only hair.

so cal do u think that after all these experiments with things like getfitnib at home that it is impossible to make it work? or do u think people are just doing something wrong?

» » What has been proven?
» »
» »
» » We have yet to see a single money-shot example of hair regeneration by
» a
» » HM research team.
»
» Asia is the counterfeit capitol of the world - NOTHING is real there.
» Their manufacturing practices (outside of Japan and Korea, and even Korea
» is questionable as evidenced by their cloning scandal) are atrocious. They
» have very little value for human life - its a cultural thing. In Hong
» Kong, they cap civil damage awards at $100k - $50k if the victim is a
» woman! “What? Our crappy elevator killed your son? Here’s $100k. Huh?
» Your wife drowned in our defective pool? You get $50k.” You couldn’t pay
» me enough to trust any protocol that comes out of Asia. If they ever
» develop something legit, a real pharma will buy it, test it properly, and
» then market it. Unless it has a Western company’s name attached to it, I’m
» not interested, if for no other reason than that at least I know a Western
» pharma can be sued if it ends up killing me. You’re taking your life into
» your own hands if you fly to Asia for medical treatment. Its not worth it
» - its only hair.

i don’t live in US and i don’t live in Asia and ofcourse i’m not from Moon too :slight_smile: but i have heard in our country (tv interview) that in USA a lot of medical stuff is just a big HYPE. They told in that interview that in USA everything in medical field is more expensive but the quality of the work might be questionable. They told that in other countries (not in USA) you might get more superior work done with less money than in USA. I don’t know why it is so but to me seems it might be true. In America medical stuff is very expensive! and i think that the reason why it is so is that americans has a lot of popstars, moviestars and a lot of other rich people who just let them “fixed” by docs and then everything comes out in media and it’s like a lifestyle there. Everyone wants to be beautiful and media catch this up what “patients” did to reach that “level”. Media attention + Private docs = Big money. I believe most of private docs care more about the money what patients can bring them and not about the patients themselve. Money owns in USA.
Sorry if i’m wrong :slight_smile:

fckhrls
Asia is the counterfeit capitol of the world - NOTHING is real there. Their manufacturing practices (outside of Japan and Korea, and even Korea is questionable as evidenced by their cloning scandal) are atrocious. They have very little value for human life - its a cultural thing. In Hong Kong, they cap civil damage awards at $100k - $50k if the victim is a woman! “What? Our crappy elevator killed your son? Here’s $100k. Huh? Your wife drowned in our defective pool? You get $50k.” You couldn’t pay me enough to trust any protocol that comes out of Asia. If they ever develop something legit, a real pharma will buy it, test it properly, and then market it. Unless it has a Western company’s name attached to it, I’m not interested, if for no other reason than that at least I know a Western pharma can be sued if it ends up killing me. You’re taking your life into your own hands if you fly to Asia for medical treatment. Its not worth it - its only hair.

krapok:
i don’t live in US and i don’t live in Asia and ofcourse i’m not from Moon too but i have heard in our country (tv interview) that in USA a lot of medical stuff is just a big HYPE. They told in that interview that in USA everything in medical field is more expensive but the quality of the work might be questionable. They told that in other countries (not in USA) you might get more superior work done with less money than in USA. I don’t know why it is so but to me seems it might be true. In America medical stuff is very expensive! and i think that the reason why it is so is that americans has a lot of popstars, moviestars and a lot of other rich people who just let them “fixed” by docs and then everything comes out in media and it’s like a lifestyle there. Everyone wants to be beautiful and media catch this up what “patients” did to reach that “level”. Media attention + Private docs = Big money. I believe most of private docs care more about the money what patients can bring them and not about the patients themselve. Money owns in USA.
Sorry if i’m wrong

There’s little point discussing culture with xenophobes.

Truth be told, every country has its good and its bad aspects. There are obvious advantages to going global (costs and efficiencies). IIRC Histogen went to Honduras for its Phase I, and they’re looking to Singapore for their Phase II. Aderans performed their Phase I in the UK. I’m sure I could find other such arrangements if I did a little more poking around.

Virgo -

The bottom line is that nobody, including me, has actually DONE the cancer patient test yet. We’ve all been dancing around it for one reason or another. Mostly safety, money, and the availability of drugs.

To do it exactly like they did, you’d need to amass some Genfilitnib and Cyclosporine pills. Even in the generic forms (which introduces the risk of fake or watered-down drugs) that could cost $1000 USD or more. And that’s only IF you can find a reliable online source for the generics. These drugs are pretty uncommon even for overseas pharmas. And I recall that Genfilitnib has been cited in a few articles as a high risk of recieving counterfeit pills.

Furthermore, even with all those pills you are still going to have to depress your immune system for a long time (at least several weeks) and that can bring its own problems. You are basically going to have to re-create similar conditions to someone taking medication to avoid rejection of a transplanted organ. This may not be pleasant and you DON’T want to get sick with anything at the time.

All that is for one attempt of the Folica/cancer patient experiment. You’d be smart to only do it on a small inconspicuous area first. If it works, then you’ll need another $1000 USD or whatever you spent in order to do it again.

» Virgo -
»
»
» The bottom line is that nobody, including me, has actually DONE the cancer
» patient test yet. We’ve all been dancing around it for one reason or
» another. Mostly safety, money, and the availability of drugs.
»
» To do it exactly like they did, you’d need to amass some Genfilitnib and
» Cyclosporine pills. Even in the generic forms (which introduces the risk
» of fake or watered-down drugs) that could cost $1000 USD or more. And
» that’s only IF you can find a reliable online source for the generics.
» These drugs are pretty uncommon even for overseas pharmas. And I recall
» that Genfilitnib has been cited in a few articles as a high risk of
» recieving counterfeit pills.
»
» Furthermore, even with all those pills you are still going to have to
» depress your immune system for a long time (at least several weeks) and
» that can bring its own problems. You are basically going to have to
» re-create similar conditions to someone taking medication to avoid
» rejection of a transplanted organ. This may not be pleasant and you DON’T
» want to get sick with anything at the time.
»
»
» All that is for one attempt of the Folica/cancer patient experiment.
» You’d be smart to only do it on a small inconspicuous area first. If it
» works, then you’ll need another $1000 USD or whatever you spent in order to
» do it again.

Thank you Cal, you are right that is to expensive for me right now, I do have a thousand dollars in the bank right now but I have things that need to be tended to first. At some point if I ever have enough money I am going to give this a try though. Sounds like this would be extremely time consuming/complicated but the results would be well worth it. I think I know exactly where I would try it :slight_smile: God I just wish something, somehow worked, now. I really cant take it much longer. Yeah I looked into buying this stuff and it does look like its hard to acquire the right stuff from a honest company.

I do appreciate your advice since it seems like you know what your talking about.

» There’s little point discussing culture with xenophobes.

Aw, poor little Revtard. I’ve been around the world three times over and have lived in both Europe and Asia, so I speak from experience, unlike you, who’s never left his parents’ basement.

Say Revtard, remember when you threw a hissy fit like a little bitch and said you weren’t going to post here anymore? And yet, here you are. Why is that? Is this your only outlet for human interaction? Gearing up for another weekend alone?

» Virgo -
»
»
» The bottom line is that nobody, including me, has actually DONE the cancer
» patient test yet. We’ve all been dancing around it for one reason or
» another. Mostly safety, money, and the availability of drugs.
»
» To do it exactly like they did, you’d need to amass some Genfilitnib and
» Cyclosporine pills. Even in the generic forms (which introduces the risk
» of fake or watered-down drugs) that could cost $1000 USD or more. And
» that’s only IF you can find a reliable online source for the generics.
» These drugs are pretty uncommon even for overseas pharmas. And I recall
» that Genfilitnib has been cited in a few articles as a high risk of
» recieving counterfeit pills.
»
» Furthermore, even with all those pills you are still going to have to
» depress your immune system for a long time (at least several weeks) and
» that can bring its own problems. You are basically going to have to
» re-create similar conditions to someone taking medication to avoid
» rejection of a transplanted organ. This may not be pleasant and you DON’T
» want to get sick with anything at the time.
»
»
» All that is for one attempt of the Folica/cancer patient experiment.
» You’d be smart to only do it on a small inconspicuous area first. If it
» works, then you’ll need another $1000 USD or whatever you spent in order to
» do it again.

Its absolute insanity to try that stuff on your own. It never ceases to amaze me that people not only contemplate it, but actually do it. Anyone who’s willing to risk their life like that would do better to spend those thousands on a psychiatrist. Seriously. Hairsite should be deleting threads that talk about it as a public service so that the insanity of one nut doesn’t spread to the numerous others on this board.

» » There’s little point discussing culture with xenophobes.
»
» Aw, poor little Revtard. I’ve been around the world three times over and
» have lived in both Europe and Asia, so I speak from experience, unlike you,
» who’s never left his parents’ basement.
»
» Say Revtard, remember when you threw a hissy fit like a little bitch and
» said you weren’t going to post here anymore? And yet, here you are. Why
» is that? Is this your only outlet for human interaction? Gearing up for
» another weekend alone?

Call your pharmacy; get a refill for that sandy vagina.

» » » There’s little point discussing culture with xenophobes.
» »
» » Aw, poor little Revtard. I’ve been around the world three times over
» and
» » have lived in both Europe and Asia, so I speak from experience, unlike
» you,
» » who’s never left his parents’ basement.
» »
» » Say Revtard, remember when you threw a hissy fit like a little bitch
» and
» » said you weren’t going to post here anymore? And yet, here you are.
» Why
» » is that? Is this your only outlet for human interaction? Gearing up
» for
» » another weekend alone?
»
» Call your pharmacy; get a refill for that sandy vagina.

That’s it? Some warmed-over joke from a years-old South Park episode? And you didn’t even do it right! Why would I get a “refill” for a sandy vagina? That doesn’t make any sense. Do you mean a “prescription”? LOL! You can’t do ANYTHING right! Let me guess you next witty comeback - something about me being gay for you, right? LOL!

Old Revtard, “Table for one”! Poster child for beta males everywhere.

Its absolute insanity to try that stuff on your own. It never ceases to amaze me that people not only contemplate it, but actually do it. Anyone who’s willing to risk their life like that would do better to spend those thousands on a psychiatrist. Seriously. Hairsite should be deleting threads that talk about it as a public service so that the insanity of one nut doesn’t spread to the numerous others on this board.

There are guys who view taking Finasteride or Dut in exactly the same way. Where do you draw the line? IMHO just because the FDA says something is safe doesn’t make it so. I’m not saying the situation is equivalent but at some point everything is a risk.

Is it a whole lot less risky to be a phase#1 trialist for this same stuff?

I’ll bet there would be less outcry around here about the person’s craziness then. But why? Just because some docs were going to be officially overseeing it? Just because there would be detailed notes taken about whatever damage it did?

I agree that it’s a real risk. The safety concerns have been pulling me away from doing a full attempt too, particularly with the prospect of the immune suppression that would be involved. But I do not think this is flat out black & white case of stupidity just to try it.

The Folica experiment doesn’t create any conditions that some FDA-approved normal meds cannot potentially create on their own. We’re basically talking about ONE drug + an weak immune system + and superficial injury. The cyclosporine is there just to recreate the weakened immune system conditions that would likely be present in someone taking Genfilitnib in the first place.

Nothing risked, nothing gained. I haven’t done it but I’m not too proud to admit that I hope that someone else will.

» » » » There’s little point discussing culture with xenophobes.
» » »
» » » Aw, poor little Revtard. I’ve been around the world three times over
» » and
» » » have lived in both Europe and Asia, so I speak from experience,
» unlike
» » you,
» » » who’s never left his parents’ basement.
» » »
» » » Say Revtard, remember when you threw a hissy fit like a little bitch
» » and
» » » said you weren’t going to post here anymore? And yet, here you are.
» » Why
» » » is that? Is this your only outlet for human interaction? Gearing up
» » for
» » » another weekend alone?
» »
» » Call your pharmacy; get a refill for that sandy vagina.
»
» That’s it? Some warmed-over joke from a years-old South Park episode?
» And you didn’t even do it right! Why would I get a “refill” for a sandy
» vagina? That doesn’t make any sense. Do you mean a “prescription”? LOL!
» You can’t do ANYTHING right! Let me guess you next witty comeback -
» something about me being gay for you, right? LOL!
»
» Old Revtard, “Table for one”! Poster child for beta males everywhere.

fckcck. You must be the first prepubescent suffering from hair loss.
We’ll talk again when you grow up a little (in other words - never).

»
» fckcck. You must be the first prepubescent suffering from hair loss.
» We’ll talk again when you grow up a little (in other words - never).

Translation: I can’t think of anything witty to say. Please stop making fun of me.

As for “prepubescent”, didn’t you throw a little hissy fit and promise to never return to the board?