Mikewalters/baccy/benji......something news with the follica techniques?

Well the whole procedure certainly bears more playing around with.

IMHO the question of whether or not the results can be compounded is everything.

I’ve been able to spur some decent regrowth from sanding my skin. But it’s proving to be pretty much a one-time thing. Further re-sanding attempts on the same areas aren’t causing significant continued gains like the first session always does.

When you get right down to it, this scenario is showing up quite a bit:

– Myself and some other people seeing some regrowth just from scalp abrasion & needling experiments.

– ICX-TRC showed them some likeable amounts of regrowth from phase#1 (complete with “scalp stimulation”) but then they couldn’t build on it.

– Baccy’s well-known gains on the first session but not on the subsequent ones.

– Platelet-rich Plasma treatments . . . a big gain the first time but not a compoundable gain with future sessions, at least so far. (However this one needs continued sessions just to maintain, whereas some of the other examples of wounding-based regrowth do not seem to need continual maintinence doses just to stay present.)

» » Now that is what I call taking it to the next level. Superb results
» » there.
» » That was pretty much what I was aiming for but fell sadly short.
» » Congratulations m8.
»
» It was mainly your results and strategies that inspired me to start taking
» a shot at this.
»
» Don’t know if EDIHN or other wounding-induced follicular rejuvenation may
» be involved in the results I’ve seen so far. IF so and the results can
» be accumulated (which is what I was hoping would be possible advantage by
» cycling through the process every few weeks) maybe we’ll know in a year or
» two.
»
» The experiments I did early on in one or two cm areas indicated that a
» handful of hairs were appearing after a month in an area wounded with 300
» needle channels over a 1-2 cm^2 area followed by the topical regimen.
»
» I observed this growth localized in the spot where the wounding
» occurred. I also observed localized growth in a sanding experiment early
» on.
»
» So don’t believe (at least the results of those experiments) were fully
» attributable to the fin/minox/keto combination, although it’s not clear
» whether the majority of the overall later growth may be.

amazing result my friend, i used the big 3 for many years now and i have never seen any regrowth like yours, i suspect the wounding or derma abrasion process has a lot to do with your good growth.

Coffee…2 questions. 1) How much does your regimen cost you a month, and 2) I was wondering if you could make a video as to what your whole process is. Like when you start talking about the needling and depths/ccm2 etc etc…I am lost. So a video would help greatly! Nice results by the way.

The cost of everything I’ve been doing over the last year is probably 2-3 times the cost of a basic finasteride-only regimen.

I don’t have equipment to make a video, but I am writing up the processes I’ve been following and the logic behind each element of my current regimen. Hopefully IF there is anything going on here with respect to EDIHN, this will provide some more information to the experimenters for consideration.

» Coffee…2 questions. 1) How much does your regimen cost you a month,
» and 2) I was wondering if you could make a video as to what your whole
» process is. Like when you start talking about the needling and depths/ccm2
» etc etc…I am lost. So a video would help greatly! Nice results by the
» way.

» I don’t have equipment to make a video, but I am writing up the processes
» I’ve been following and the logic behind each element of my current
» regimen. Hopefully IF there is anything going on here with respect to
» EDIHN, this will provide some more information to the experimenters for
» consideration.

A write-up would be very helpful!

Some more questions:

1. Do you think you could take a photo of the lancets you use for needling? Do you bunch them together somehow? (I guess that would be evident in a photo.)
  2. Could you go into some more detail regarding your cycles? How long is your WNT+ cycle? How long is the EGF- cycle? Is there a resting period between cycles? Do you cycle continuously or do you do a number of cycles and then take a rest? Do you apply each day during a cycle? Eod? etc…
  3. I noticed you mix it in a minoxidil product. How many % PG and ethanol is in the brand of minox you use?
  4. You said that the “WNT+” and “EGF-” mixes are what you use CURRENTLY. How long ago did you change from the previous method (milk thistle gelcaps directly on the scalp etc)?

I’m sure I’ll come up with some more questions soon. :slight_smile:

And a big thank you for the information!

» The cost of everything I’ve been doing over the last year is probably 2-3
» times the cost of a basic finasteride-only regimen.
»
» I don’t have equipment to make a video, but I am writing up the processes
» I’ve been following and the logic behind each element of my current
» regimen. Hopefully IF there is anything going on here with respect to
» EDIHN, this will provide some more information to the experimenters for
» consideration.
»
»
» » Coffee…2 questions. 1) How much does your regimen cost you a
» month,
» » and 2) I was wondering if you could make a video as to what your whole
» » process is. Like when you start talking about the needling and
» depths/ccm2
» » etc etc…I am lost. So a video would help greatly! Nice results by
» the
» » way.

I am sorry for bumping this thread, I am new here, can someone tell me what is EDIHN ? In simple English?

» I am sorry for bumping this thread, I am new here, can someone tell me
» what is EDIHN ? In simple English?

It means creating completely new follicles by wounding the skin.

EDIHN stands for Epidermal Disruption-Induced Hair follicle Neogenesis.

Hi I’m Italian
Hi to everybody!!!

I would to be able to contact Coffee in private to have some information. Coffee can I ???

We would want to reply the experiment if it’s possible…
Sorry for my bad english…

Coffee…can you help me please?
Ricky

» » I am sorry for bumping this thread, I am new here, can someone tell me
» » what is EDIHN ? In simple English?
»
» It means creating completely new follicles by wounding the skin.
»
» EDIHN stands for Epidermal Disruption-Induced
» Hair follicle Neogenesis.

If the whole skin of the scalp was wounded and new skin was grown because the body repaired/healed the wound, hair would grow back thick, full and healthy? Is that right?

» » If the whole skin of the scalp was wounded and new skin was grown because
» the body repaired/healed the wound, hair would grow back thick, full and
» healthy? Is that right?

No. It’s far from that simple. It’s about influencing stem cell differentiation during the healing process. Use the search and read about Follica!

» If the whole skin of the scalp was wounded and new skin was grown because

Do you really believe that ?

I donot think so cos when part of scalp is damged it loses its dp hair cell.

it is the same condition to happen to the other hairy part of body.

» I donot think so cos when part of scalp is damged it loses its dp hair
» cell.

No, it doesn’t. Where did you get that idea? Sure, it is possible to damage the scalp in a way that makes it bald, but that doesn’t mean that any wound in the scalp makes you bald in that spot. On the contrary, there are some indications that mild wounding actually helps hair to some extent.

» » If the whole skin of the scalp was wounded and new skin was grown
» because
» » the body repaired/healed the wound, hair would grow back thick, full
» and
» » healthy? Is that right?
»
» Do you really believe that ?

No, I don’t believe that, but that’s the impression I get when I hear about wound healing and hair. I will do research on this if people can’t tell me how it works. All I got at the moment is “it’s more complex than that”

» » If the whole skin of the scalp was wounded and new skin was grown
» because
» » the body repaired/healed the wound, hair would grow back thick, full
» and
» » healthy? Is that right?
»
» Do you really believe that ?

Well, I must add that if the person isn’t bald then the hair will grow back, yes, because a superficial/medium peeling won’t do any harm to the scalp, a deep phenol peeling … I don’t know

The question is pretty academic. We don’t have the medical tech to regenerate an entire new scalp for any reason.

Sorry I’ve been pretty busy lately and so haven’t had much time to follow the forum. I’m still planning to summarize the approach I’ve been taking and post, but also all this information has been recorded in various threads historically on this site.

» Hi I’m Italian
» Hi to everybody!!!
»
» I would to be able to contact Coffee in private to have some information.
» Coffee can I ???
»
» We would want to reply the experiment if it’s possible…
» Sorry for my bad english…

I’m not sure I’ve seen any indication about what would occur with extensive wounding, but don’t think extensive wounding is something which would really be considered a viable approach. The basic idea is to generate a number of adult stem cells, and control their differentiation by manipulating key signals as the wound is healing. The reason it would be nice if needling could be used as the initial wounding process is that it can introduce only very minimal wounds which are not obvious and otherwise have a very minimal impact to the epidermal tissue.

» » » I am sorry for bumping this thread, I am new here, can someone tell me
» » » what is EDIHN ? In simple English?
» »
» » It means creating completely new follicles by wounding the skin.
» »
» » EDIHN stands for Epidermal Disruption-Induced
» » Hair follicle Neogenesis.
»

I’ve made some research and this is what I found:
EGFR INHIBITOR (such as Milk Thistle) may help injured scalp to regenerate hair follicle. I know this issue has been already raised in this forum but I just need to stress it because I found an article where topical EGFR INHIBITOR applied by a patient treating skin cancer, caused abnormal hair growth http://jco.ascopubs.org/cgi/content/full/23/22/5273
I’ve also read that Milk Thistle (as EGFR INHIBITOR) can help regrow liver damaged cell. In addition, the following article also shows that EGFR INHIBITOR May Help Injured Nerve Cells Regrow Their Axons http://progdata.umflint.edu/BOBSTACH/CHM450/FALL05/Nerve%20Regeneration.pdf

However, in order to let EGFr inhibitor properly does the work of regenerating hair follicles, you need to:

1- abviously make a gentle wounding on the scalp
2- after the wounding, you need to stimulate stem cells and Shh signaling (peotein Wnt via lithium Orotate for example as Coffee did). I know this is also has been raised in this forum but the plus I’d like to add is the following: in order to have good results, you may need to locally inhibit the scalp immune system, prevent any sign of inflammation and use topical antihistamine because inmune system and inflamation obstruct hair follicle creation after injury

Also make sure to use safe products as for anti-inflamation and anti-histamine, because some chemical products reveal to be dangerous and may cause cancer (e.g.: topical tacrolimus 0.1% Protopic - Skin Cancer. ).
I think liquid grape seed extract is a natural product that may safely play the role of anti inflamatory and anti histamine…

Also look at http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-forums/viewthread.cfm?f=8&t=23938

What do you think?