LIMITLESS DONOR SUPPLY-JTR, JB, Others- Check this out

Hi All,

I posted this earlier (in the HM forum) and didn’t receive much response, but (at the advice of Benji) am going to post about this subject again. I think that it is at least researching more closely. I also posted about this subject in the transplant forum and did receive a few responses. Make sure to check out that forum also.

Here is my original post:

I just spoke with Acell reguarding using their extracellular matrix. I talked to someone (who I won’t name for fear of misquoting him) knowledgeable about the product (not a receptionist) and he said that he has had several calls about using Acell in the hair restoration industry. He stated that most of the inquiries were by patients and not medical professionals. If I understood him correctly, it seems that most callers want to remove the balding tissue and place the extracellular matrix in that area to restore the lost hair. He stated that he didn’t know if that would work because the tissue in that area is receptive to the hormones that cause hair loss and he wasn’t sure how deep they would have to go to bypass this problem. He also reminded me that he is not an expert in hair loss.

I then stated that I thought it would be possible to use the Acell product in a traditional hair transplant. That is, remove the donor tissue from the side or back of the head, transplant it on to the top of the head and instead of suturing the tissue back together in the donor area, place the extracellular matrix over the area and allow it to regenerate. It would regenerate the tissue and the hair follicles…PROVIDING LIMITLESS DONOR SUPPLY! He said that it WOULD regenerate the removed tissue AND the hair. He thought that this would be a good application for this product. He stated that they have been in court battling over patent infringements over the past four years which has halted their progress but they have won the legal issues are are moving forward.

He stated that it would be at least a year before they have products on the market for the cosmetic industry (due to FDA) and the product has not been
FDA approved for hair restoration yet. This may slow down the process.

It sounds to me that THERE IS ALREADY A PRODUCT AVAILABLE that can help us to restore our lost hair but red tape must be cut to attain it. I would appreciate any input on this subject.

Here are some links to the company:

Please watch this video:

http://www.myfoxcleveland.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=3150131&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.5.1

And check out these pictures:

I wish the members of this forum would at least research this product a little and make their own decisions. Also, please check out the Hair Transplant forum and check out some of the responses in that section.

Thank You in Advance

They have told you that they don’t know whether it would work for hair loss.
So unless you convince them to make some trials I don’t see what else can be done.

What else?

Hey Raptor,

What’s an “extracellular matrix”? And why have the traditional hair transplant procedure? That is, why not just place “extracelluar matrices” all over the balding area, with a small traditional transplant to tidy up the hairline?

All the best,
BB

» Hi All,
»
» I posted this earlier (in the HM forum) and didn’t receive much response,
» but (at the advice of Benji) am going to post about this subject again. I
» think that it is at least researching more closely. I also posted about
» this subject in the transplant forum and did receive a few responses.
» Make sure to check out that forum also.
»
» Here is my original post:
»
» I just spoke with Acell reguarding using their extracellular matrix. I
» talked to someone (who I won’t name for fear of misquoting him)
» knowledgeable about the product (not a receptionist) and he said that he
» has had several calls about using Acell in the hair restoration industry.
» He stated that most of the inquiries were by patients and not medical
» professionals. If I understood him correctly, it seems that most callers
» want to remove the balding tissue and place the extracellular matrix in
» that area to restore the lost hair. He stated that he didn’t know if that
» would work because the tissue in that area is receptive to the hormones
» that cause hair loss and he wasn’t sure how deep they would have to go to
» bypass this problem. He also reminded me that he is not an expert in hair
» loss.
»
» I then stated that I thought it would be possible to use the Acell product
» in a traditional hair transplant. That is, remove the donor tissue from the
» side or back of the head, transplant it on to the top of the head and
» instead of suturing the tissue back together in the donor area, place the
» extracellular matrix over the area and allow it to regenerate. It would
» regenerate the tissue and the hair follicles…PROVIDING LIMITLESS
» DONOR SUPPLY! He said that it WOULD regenerate the removed tissue AND the
» hair. He thought that this would be a good application for this product.
» He stated that they have been in court battling over patent infringements
» over the past four years which has halted their progress but they have won
» the legal issues are are moving forward.
»
» He stated that it would be at least a year before they have products on
» the market for the cosmetic industry (due to FDA) and the product has not
» been
» FDA approved for hair restoration yet. This may slow down the process.
»
» It sounds to me that THERE IS ALREADY A PRODUCT AVAILABLE that can help us
» to restore our lost hair but red tape must be cut to attain it. I would
» appreciate any input on this subject.
»
»
»
» Here are some links to the company:
»
» http://acell.com/
»
»
»
» Please watch this video:
»
» http://www.myfoxcleveland.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=3150131&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.5.1
»
»
» And check out these pictures:
»
» Urinary Bladder Matrix (UBM) Technology
»
»
»
» I wish the members of this forum would at least research this product a
» little and make their own decisions. Also, please check out the Hair
» Transplant forum and check out some of the responses in that section.
»
» Thank You in Advance

» They have told you that they don’t know whether it would work for hair
» loss.
» So unless you convince them to make some trials I don’t see what else can
» be done.
»
» What else?

They said that they didn’t know if it would regenerate hair lost on the top of the head (hair that is receptive to dihydrotestosterone). They said that it would regrow hair removed from the side of the head (because it is genetically resistant to dihydrotestosterone). So, what I think probably would work would be to remove hair from the side of the head and place it on top of the head (like a traditional hair transplant) and regenerate the tissue (with hair) on the side of the head. This should virtually produce a limitless donor supply.

Just a thought

» Hey Raptor,
»
» What’s an “extracellular matrix”? And why have the traditional hair
» transplant procedure? That is, why not just place “extracelluar matrices”
» all over the balding area, with a small traditional transplant to tidy up
» the hairline?
»
» All the best,
» BB
»
» »

Hey BB,

I’m not exactly sure what the science behind the extracellular matrix material is. It does explain it a little on the video if you have the time to watch it. Just click on the video link in the above post.

As far a why you must have a traditional hair transplant, placing the extracellular matrices all over the balding area will not regrow the hair. It will regrow removed tissue, but if that tissue is genetically meant to be bald, it will not maintain any hair in that area. That is why I think it is better to remove hair from the side (hair that genetically predisposed to last a lifetime) and place it on the top of the head. Then, place the extracellular matrix material over the wound and allow that tissue to regenerate (along with more hair that is predisposed to last a lifetime).

There may be a better way to perform this…I’m not exactly sure. Maybe it can be used with the FUE procedure in some way.

» They have told you that they don’t know whether it would work for hair
» loss.
» So unless you convince them to make some trials I don’t see what else can
» be done.
»
» What else?

Just send me the stuff I’ll rub it in. no trial necessary :slight_smile:

Ive watched and am extremely impressed.

If it repaired dog wounds and regrew the hair correctly ontop of the wounds like the pictures showed, it should be able to REGROW DONOR AREAS after cutting portions of them out, and implant the hairs strip-scar-style up front. An unlimited donor suppy in other words.

I’d like to email the folks when I get more time, and suggest they attempt to hook up with a tranpslant practice for a test. A postage-stamp portion of flesh is something many would risk. It could be a “eureka” for hairloss.

Even if it didn’t work out for hair, the potential of this is huge in treatment of burns, deep wounds, etc. It really is incredible to watch the video and view the pictures.

Oh, so for a Norwood 7 this would be the process:

1. Take out hair from back/sides and implant on top
  2. Place “extracellular matrix” in sides/back
  3. Wait for hair growth (e.g., 1 year)
  4. Take out new hair from back/sides and implant on top, then put in another extracellular matrix
  5. Wait again for hair growth… and if needed repeat the process again…

All the best,
BB

» » Hey Raptor,
» »
» » What’s an “extracellular matrix”? And why have the traditional hair
» » transplant procedure? That is, why not just place “extracelluar
» matrices”
» » all over the balding area, with a small traditional transplant to tidy
» up
» » the hairline?
» »
» » All the best,
» » BB
» »
» » »
»
» Hey BB,
»
» I’m not exactly sure what the science behind the extracellular matrix
» material is. It does explain it a little on the video if you have the
» time to watch it. Just click on the video link in the above post.
»
» As far a why you must have a traditional hair transplant, placing the
» extracellular matrices all over the balding area will not regrow the hair.
» It will regrow removed tissue, but if that tissue is genetically meant to
» be bald, it will not maintain any hair in that area. That is why I think
» it is better to remove hair from the side (hair that genetically
» predisposed to last a lifetime) and place it on the top of the head.
» Then, place the extracellular matrix material over the wound and allow
» that tissue to regenerate (along with more hair that is predisposed to
» last a lifetime).
»
» There may be a better way to perform this…I’m not exactly sure.
» Maybe it can be used with the FUE procedure in some way.

I personally would want to see if it would work on a thinning area first, before trying the transplant route. It’s possible it would regrow hair, but that hair would eventually fall again. But perhaps it would be something you could use once a year to “repair” the hair again. I personally would rather do that than have a HT. FUE would be my next choice. Of course this is all conjecture. Until somebody tries it, nobody knows what it can do for hairloss, if anything.

Does this procedure require FDA approval? This can be huge !

» Does this procedure require FDA approval? This can be huge !

I’ll laugh my ass off if Aderans and Intercytex get beat by this company. They have already been stalled 4 YEARS too because of Purdue University.

» » Does this procedure require FDA approval? This can be huge !
»
» I’ll laugh my ass off if Aderans and Intercytex get beat by this company.
» They have already been stalled 4 YEARS too because of Purdue University.

I was going to say the same thing and if that happens, I will not feel sorry for Aderans or Intercytex.

» » » Does this procedure require FDA approval? This can be huge !
» »
» » I’ll laugh my ass off if Aderans and Intercytex get beat by this
» company.
» » They have already been stalled 4 YEARS too because of Purdue
» University.
»
» I was going to say the same thing and if that happens, I will not feel
» sorry for Aderans or Intercytex.

I watched the video, and all I can say is wow. Too it takes forever to get anything done anymore in this country though.

Hi Raptor,

Thanks for the information. I haven’t really been following this, and I appreciate the fact that you are.

Maybe I’m missing something, though, but I don’t see how they know the extracellular matrix will grow with hair follicles.

HM involves growing new follicles on real, live human tissue (your own scalp). This business about an extracellular matrix just doesn’t make sense to me. Researchers have struggled long and hard to make HM work, and that’s on your own real skin. Now you’re telling me these Acell guys have figured out how to grow follicles on something that isn’t skin – and they did it easily, reliably, and with no problems?

And what’s the connection between removing part of the donor supply? What’s the connection between the donor supply removal and growing new follicles on the extracellular matrix? The steps in the process don’t sound right or logical. The explanations don’t add up. There seems to be no connection between having an extracellular matrix of some kind of “simulated skin”, and removing a strip of donor tissue from the back of the head, with follicles. Real human tissue is incredibly complex, and contains microscopic (invisible) blood vessels like capillaries, which feed and nourish the hair follicles. How will something as complex as human hair follicles grow in this extracellular which isn’t really human skin? Have they actually proved it, or is this just someone’s leap of faith?

This whole thing just doesn’t sound right to me. The claims of this company sound grossly exaggerated – how is it that a small company involved in veterinary medicine is talking about regrowing human fingers? A lot of this sounds like a very small company, trying to hype itself, cash in on the war (articles about Iraq war veterans regrowing stuff), possibly get government contracts, and just make money. Sounds like the typical American “get rich quick” story! We’ve heard it all before!

I could be very wrong, this could be an amazing answer to our hairloss – but so far, the procedure hasn’t been convincingly explained. If I had to bet right now, I’d say this is total bullshit.

Thanks, though! Very thought-provoking info!

JTR have you watched the video? you have to watch the video. I didn’t buy it at first, but that was until I watch the video.

» I wish the members of this forum would at least research this product a
» little and make their own decisions. Also, please check out the Hair
» Transplant forum and check out some of the responses in that section.
»
» Thank You in Advance

Hi Raptor: I first became aware of this by way of a television documentary featuring the guy who grew the finger. It was pretty interesting. I have not delved a lot deeper into it because I got the impression that it needs some time to settle itself out. There appears to be some initial resistance to this new idea, and I think for that reason we can’t think of this as a short-term solution. I think HM is a more realistic short-term or mid-term solution. But that is just my opinion, and I have not had a chance to look further into this yet. I guess I have a lot going on, but sooner or later I’ll look at it some more.

Take care, and thanks for posting the info.:slight_smile:

http://webreprints.djreprints.com/1646641311092.html

Far be it for me to compliment anything shown on FOX News, but that video is amazing. Especially if that guy really regrew his finger. The entire tip of the finger, including the nail, was gone.

» Far be it for me to compliment anything shown on FOX News, but that video
» is amazing. Especially if that guy really regrew his finger. The entire
» tip of the finger, including the nail, was gone.

it still smells somehow fishy to me. I mean they screened so many photographs of some horses or what. but the guy didn’t even bother to show his finger. not even single photo of that.

» » Far be it for me to compliment anything shown on FOX News, but that
» video
» » is amazing. Especially if that guy really regrew his finger. The
» entire
» » tip of the finger, including the nail, was gone.
»
» it still smells somehow fishy to me. I mean they screened so many
» photographs of some horses or what. but the guy didn’t even bother to show
» his finger. not even single photo of that.

I kind of agree. I mean if someone regrew a finger from a stub, wouldn’t we be plastered with this news all over the media. This, if it is truly legit, would be ground breaking technology beyond what we have ever seen in the medical field.