Jotronic Resigns from Hasson & Wong

Hi guys, it’s Joe Tillman.

As of July 29th, 2014, and after a LOT of careful consideration and soul searching, I have chosen to leave Hasson & Wong and will no longer act as their representative. From now on I am only a Hasson & Wong patient.

I am now representing Rahal.

There’s good news and bad news that comes with that.

The bad news is that, as of this post, the Jotronic name will be officially retired. I wish I didn’t have to do that, since I was Jotronic even before I was a patient at H&W, but it is what it is. Unfortunately, I can’t answer any questions as to why. The account will be locked with no option to reopen it. I’m honestly genuinely pleased that I can hang my reputation on my name now.

The good news is, I will always be Joe Tillman. A name can be retired, but that doesn’t mean I’m ready to retire. I got into this industry to bring men (and women) like me the best information on hair loss solutions that I can. I’ve always been 100% about the patients, whatever you guys – us guys – need. That will never go away, no matter what name I write under.

I started off as just another patient looking to get follicular salvation, and I would like to especially thank my friend Mike Ferko for guiding me. The role that I ended up taking on is one that Mike brought me into. For many years Mike and I worked together to help educate others, and I’d like to think we did a pretty good job.

My friends in Vancouver have given me valuable fellowship over the years. Christina, Doug, and Daria, you’re great people and I’ll miss you dearly. The other professionals I worked with, the technicians whose names can’t be mentioned, you guys are also outstanding and have been great friends over the years.

To Dr. Wong, you will always be the doctor that saved me. Mike might have put me on the road to salvation, but you were where that road lead, and nothing can take that away, no matter where I go. Dr. Hasson, thanks for your mentoring and support.

Finally, to all the patients I’ve met and helped over the past eleven years, I thank you all. To all the patients I’ve yet to meet, I hope I can learn as much about your concerns as you can learn about solutions from me.

I wish everyone the best, and I look forward to working with all of you under the “JoeTillman” username from this day forward.

All the best,
Joe Tillman (the poster formerly known as Jotronic)

Joe, best of luck in your new endeavor, you have always been a class act!

The end of an era.

?

Sorry but I have to ask, does it mean that you are no longer supporting strip?

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by hair101[/postedby]
Sorry but I have to ask, does it mean that you are no longer supporting strip?[/quote]

Joe could best answer that. Working at Dr. Cole’s office we occasionally see an H&W patient come to our office for FUE, not wanting to do another strip. Every hair transplant I have seen come out of H&W was top notch. Not as miraculous as their marketing department made them look but nonetheless top of the line work. I mean let’s get real, overexposed, yellow before images. Give me a break. A great strip result will always be better than a bad FUE result. On the downside, even a great strip result isn’t going to be compatible with current short hairstyles. Even the best strip scar I have ever seen, that I can barely find under 2" hair length, jumps out and grabs your attention once the area is shaved down. Sometimes FUE on a shaved head doesn’t look so great either. The goal of a top hair restoration physician should be one of continually striving toward perfection. Many hair transplant doctors are perfectionists. Dr. Raymond Konior is just one example.

I was looking at Dr. Rahal’s Website and watched the You Tube video of him scoring grafts with his powered device. Looks very similar to how Dr. Cole scores grafts. Not sure if Dr. Rahal uses depth control.

I always thought FUE and Joe were like oil and water. After looking at the video of Dr. Rahal scoring grafts, I was wondering if there is anything left for Joe and I to argue about. Then I came across this statement on Dr. Rahal’s website:

"Acell hair transplant claims debunked…
ACell’s Extracellular Matrix (ECM), in the context of hair restoration, can apparently do amazing things such as “eliminate scarring” and “regenerate transected hairs”.

Some clinics even combine PRP and ECM as an “add-on treatment” to hair restoration with the promise (or strong suggestion) that the patient will get better results.

Unfortunately, there is very little evidence that ECM actually works… other than adding to the bottom line of these clinics."

Didn’t find any actual debunking but the answer is yes, we can still argue about something. BTW, we’re now using AmnioFix, which looks far better on paper. We’re not charging for it, but making sure it lives up to the research claims. ACell and PRP could become a thing of the past.

We could possibly argue about AmnioFix, Joe.

The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Say What?! I am shocked! You are the face of Hasson and Wong, you can’t leave!

What is AmnioFix? Dr. Cole no longer believes in Acell PRP?

“A great strip result will always be better than a bad FUE result.” Obviously true. Stip vs. FUE is one debate people can have. But in either case, proper placement and design are paramount. H&W’s placement technique, which in my opinion is second to none and might only be consistently matched by Dr. Rahal and a few doctors in Europe. Undoubtedly, I have not seen results from every transplant doctor in the world. I have, however, seen results from a doctor practicing in Georgia who often posts on this site, and while he has a very few good results, generally, his results do not come close the H&W’s achievements in this regard… and don’t tell me it’s because photos have been manipulated.

CueBallBob:

I don’t remember ever seeing you here at Dr. Cole’s office examining our patients results. When did you work at Dr. Cole’s?

The last patient I saw from H&W was worked on by Dr. Wong. He had a little over 4,000 grafts and it looked like a little over 4,000 grafts. His hair still looked thin because he was around a Norwood 5. No magical hair placement or miraculous coverage. Just excellent placement and a convincingly natural hairline.

[quote]

[postedby]Originally Posted by CITNews[/postedby]

BTW, we’re now using AmnioFix, which looks far better on paper. We’re not charging for it, but making sure it lives up to the research claims. ACell and PRP could become a thing of the past.
[postedby]Originally Posted by HMorHT[/postedby]

What is AmnioFix? Dr. Cole no longer believes in Acell PRP?[/quote]

Hey HMorHT:

ACell and PRP have proven their effectiveness. Dr. Cole still uses ACell and PRP. AmnioFix caught Dr. Cole’s attention because on paper, it blows ACell and PRP out of the water. So far, six of our patients have had AmnioFix administered during and after their surgery at N/C. If results indicate it’s as effective in reality as it appears on paper, ACell and PRP could be phased out.

Yesterday an orthopedic surgeon visited our office for a hair restoration consultation. I mentioned ACell, PRP and AmnioFix after taking his photos. The surgeon told me that he has been using AmnioFix in his orthopedic practice for approximately eleven months. He showed me photos on his phone of a recent heel surgery and explained how AMnioFix improved healing throughout the various stages. In his opinion, AmnioFix is vastly superior to PRP. After I took the photos, Dr. Cole met with the surgeon and discussed hair restoration. The orthopedic surgeon brought up his experience with AmnioFix and Dr. Cole mentioned his chronic pain because of plantar fasciitis. After the hair restoration consultation, Dr. Cole had his foot injected with AmnioFix by the visiting orthopedic surgeon. Never a dull moment here at Dr. Cole’s.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by HMorHT[/postedby]
Say What?! I am shocked! You are the face of Hasson and Wong, you can’t leave![/quote]

that’s right. resignation denied. End of discussion.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by Dr. Arvind[/postedby]
?[/quote]

why leaving Hasson and Wong or why joining Rahal :slight_smile: ?

Wow didn’t see that coming, this is huge. There will be a lot of tough questions coming your way for sure such as why abandoning a strip only clinic all of a sudden and whether you know enough about FUE to promote Rahal’s work.

I’d love it if Jotronic could review Marco’s case and make sure he is on track.

People will ask. He will not answer. Time will pass. People will stop asking.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by CITNews[/postedby]
CueBallBob:

I don’t remember ever seeing you here at Dr. Cole’s office examining our patients results. When did you work at Dr. Cole’s?

The last patient I saw from H&W was worked on by Dr. Wong. He had a little over 4,000 grafts and it looked like a little over 4,000 grafts. His hair still looked thin because he was around a Norwood 5. No magical hair placement or miraculous coverage. Just excellent placement and a convincingly natural hairline.

– Work there? No, I don’t work at McDonald’s either, which is just about as relevant – given that the comment was about before and after pics, which are probably far and away the most important factor one uses in determining what doctor to choose. Given that a doctor is only going to put up what he/she believes are the best results, one can assume that one is comparing “the best to the best” and doesn’t need to actually work for a doctor to see how good he/she is. But it is nice that you praise H&W in an attempt to support your employer.

wow, shocker!

Now there’s a surprise! I really need to address Rahal’s comments on the problems he caused me soon :slight_smile:

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by marco[/postedby]
Now there’s a surprise! I really need to address Rahal’s comments on the problems he caused me soon :slight_smile: …[/quote]

What have you been waiting for? How long has it been, 2 years?