Joeboo: 1300 Beard grafts to Crown, 1200 nape / Head grafts to hairline SFET

Joeboo is known to the forum

He had:

1300 beard grafts to his crown
1200 Grafts from the nape and head to expand and refine his hairline and frontal scalp

200 beard grafts were added to his strip scar (Result not shown)

BEFORE PICTURES

RESULT AT 1 YEAR

The foregoing is his video of result at 1 year:

VIDEO OF RESULT AT 1YEAR

click PLAY button to watch video in this post
1_file47.flv

or click: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksG-T19cMJ0&feature=channel

For videos of SFET results click: Patient Photos and Videos - DermHair Clinic in Los Angeles 310-318-1500

S. Umar, M.D., FAAD
DermHair Clinic
Redondo Beach, California
+1-310-318-1500
1-877-DERMHAIR (US residents)
info@dermhairclinic.com
WEBSITE www.dermhairclinic.com
Single Follicle Extraction & Transfer (SFET)
Using Head and Body

For a free online consultation: Free Hair Restoration Online Consultation - DermHair Clinic Los Angeles

In my opinion this is proper use of the beard hair towards the back and for scars . And the use of nape hair on the frontal hairline.

Dr. Umar,

This is by far one of the best crown works I have seen to date, if not THE best. Beard hair and only 1500 grafts. Excellent coverage, and excellent natural looking beard hair growth.

This is a great combination of Artistry, Use of Grafts, Future Planning & Consideration, and Proof of Realistic and Successfull Use of beard Hair.

Two Requests Please:

1. Please inform us of what meds/treatments this gentleman is taking, and when he started taking them.

2. Graft Placement Photos

mj2003

The crown is remarkable, got more beard hair results like this?

» Dr. Umar,
»
» This is by far one of the best crown works I have seen to date, if not
» THE best
. Beard hair and only 1500 grafts. Excellent coverage, and
» excellent natural looking beard hair growth.
»
» This is a great combination of Artistry, Use of Grafts, Future Planning &
» Consideration, and Proof of Realistic and Successfull Use of beard Hair.
»
» Two Requests Please:
»
» 1) Please inform us of what meds/treatments this gentleman is taking, and
» when he started taking them.
»
» 2) Graft Placement Photos
»
» mj2003

mj2003, thanks for the compliments. My current treatment consists of minoxidil 5%. I also used nizoral shampoo prior to my surgery but i won’t continue with that for several more months. I’ve used everything in the past. I was on finasteride for a long time but got off of it several years ago do to side-effects.

That’s near complete restoration for the crown, a mere 1300 beard grafts,you must be thrilled.

» mj2003, thanks for the compliments. My current treatment consists of
» minoxidil 5%. I also used nizoral shampoo prior to my surgery but i won’t
» continue with that for several more months. I’ve used everything in the
» past. I was on finasteride for a long time but got off of it several years
» ago do to side-effects.

You know how some doctors say that finasteride has the opposite effect on body hair, maybe the fact that you got off finasteride explains why the body/beard grafts are growing so well for you.

The most natural! Thanks for doing a video, I don’t think pictures can do justice, btw I guess the salt and pepper color helps

» The most natural! Thanks for doing a video, I don’t think pictures can do
» justice, btw I guess the salt and pepper color helps

Actually I think the salt n pepper hair is critical to making the crown look so natural.

The results look very positive. However, I’m not very familiar with this technique. Does anybody know if other doctors practice this technique, and how successful and legitimate is it?

Perfect! Like to see some immediate post op pics. (Donor/Recipient)

» The results look very positive. However, I’m not very familiar with this
» technique. Does anybody know if other doctors practice this technique, and
» how successful and legitimate is it?

It’s Body Hair Transplant (BHT). It is basically the same as regular hair transplant except that they use body hair (eg: chest, legs, arms, beard) as donor. Many claim to offer BHT nowadays but only a few doctors are able to publish results on a consistent basis.

i m impressed, 2500 grafts for an excellent makevoer , u cant argue with that, how much does dr. umar charge these days?

Very impressive and once again goes to show just how important beard hair can play in coverage /density when placed correctly from an M.D with experience using BHT proportionally and artistically .

17,000 Body Hair grafts by Dr Umar + 2000 scalp grafts

» Very impressive and once again goes to show just how important beard hair
» can play in coverage /density when placed correctly from an M.D with
» experience using BHT proportionally and artistically .

» 17,000 Body Hair grafts by Dr Umar + 2000 scalp grafts

Heliboy, I concur completely with your comments regarding beard hair. For someone like me with fine hair it has opened up a whole new donor area, without it I would not be nearly as satisfied as I am now. I can’t praise and thank Dr. Umar enough. I had another procedure done three weeks ago to refine the temple points and add density in a few areas. I’m anxiously awaiting the results. Thanks for the compliments everyone…

This is a fantastic result…

Kudos Dr. Great Job…

Hair wise he looks like george clooney… HAIR DOUBLE !!!

Are there any pics of the grafts ??? Im definetly interested in this technique as the result are obviously fantastic…

Cheers

why haven’t doctors come up with a NW7 HT strategy?

Most MPB patients have plenty of chest hair… why not use chest/facial hair to add density and use DHT resistant hair on the head for shaping?

I think you can take a NW7 to a NW2 if you use the right mixture of body and DHT resistant hair. of course, you’d have to have a short haircut for the rest of your life, but that’s better than having a shiny cue ball…

Comments please!

This is fascinating, it looks exxactly like real hair from the crown, how much does beard grafts cost, does it work for everyone and will they last? What are the drawbacks for getting this done?

Joeboo any problems with the 200 beard in your strip scar? I need to get my scar fixed one of these days, I would appreciate some feedback on this. Thanks.

» » Dr. Umar,
» »
» » This is by far one of the best crown works I have seen to date, if
» not
» » THE best
. Beard hair and only 1500 grafts. Excellent coverage,
» and
» » excellent natural looking beard hair growth.
» »
» » This is a great combination of Artistry, Use of Grafts, Future Planning
» &
» » Consideration, and Proof of Realistic and Successfull Use of beard
» Hair.
» »
» » Two Requests Please:
» »
» » 1) Please inform us of what meds/treatments this gentleman is taking,
» and
» » when he started taking them.
» »
» » 2) Graft Placement Photos
» »
» » mj2003
»
» mj2003, thanks for the compliments. My current treatment consists of
» minoxidil 5%. I also used nizoral shampoo prior to my surgery but i won’t
» continue with that for several more months. I’ve used everything in the
» past. I was on finasteride for a long time but got off of it several years
» ago do to side-effects.

Hello Joeboo,

I just wanted to say I think your results look excellent. Have you had previous HT work before this procedure?