Joe Schmoe SFET hair transplant surgery result -7 months

I think both doctors probably helped. You were right at 1 year between Dr. A and Dr. Umar so if there was any lag from the BHT then it was still coming in.

So IMO you needed both doctors to help your cause. Wow 7000 grafts is a lot… and slightly expensive too.

Anyway good work to both docs.

» So IMO you needed both doctors to help your cause. Wow 7000 grafts is a
» lot… and slightly expensive too.
»
» Anyway good work to both docs.

Can you recommend a qualified FUE/BHT doctor that is less expensive?

Yes I can. Dr Jones states that he offers BHT at a greatly reduced price and only because in his opinion BHT is so unpredictable that he cannot conscientiously offer BHT as the same as scalp. Still having said that, Dr. Jones offers BHT only for repair cases. Hopefully, if we bitch about it enough, folks in the United States will follow Dr. Jones, Dr. A’s and Dr. U’s low prices. And when other clinics (the ones that have less success with BHT) drops their prices, then maybe BHT all around will drop.

Very nice, I agree with what some of you folks said, I think his hair color contributes to half the success, fits to a T.

» Yes I can. Dr Jones states that he offers BHT at a greatly reduced price
» and only because in his opinion BHT is so unpredictable that he cannot
» conscientiously offer BHT as the same as scalp. Still having said that,
» Dr. Jones offers BHT only for repair cases. Hopefully, if we bitch about
» it enough, folks in the United States will follow Dr. Jones, Dr. A’s and
» Dr. U’s low prices. And when other clinics (the ones that have less
» success with BHT) drops their prices, then maybe BHT all around will drop.

How much does he charge ?

I will ask him hairsite. He was adamant about saying he charged less because of unpredictability. Give me a couple of days.

Hairtech
You really should have researched this thoroughly before bringing up the price issue .

19,000 grafts by Dr Umar
www.myhairtransformation.com

» Hairtech
» You really should have researched this thoroughly before bringing up
» the price issue .
»
» 19,000 grafts by Dr Umar
» www.myhairtransformation.com

Also Hairtech, is there any chance at all that you can put replies to a post in the correct place ie below the post you are answering otherwise all people see is a sureal answer without a question. It’s not so dificult just click on the post in the thread before you add to the thread. Try it, you might enjoy it:-D

» I will ask him hairsite. He was adamant about saying he charged less
» because of unpredictability. Give me a couple of days.

So you don’t know. Why then did you remark that Schmoe’s FUE/BHT with Dr. Arvind and Dr. Umar was expensive when you could not recommend a qualified FUE/BHT doctor who is less expensive?

Heliboy, It is what it is… because at $5.00/graft($5.00 being conservative) 7000 grafts is $35,000 and IMO this is pretty expensive for most folks. So when I bring up price, I bring it up so new readers, ghost readers can see that this technology is still somewhat expensive for unpredictability. You guys are rediculus to think otherwise. Who has 35k to spare? Not down playing these results.

Hairsite… Dr. Jones said he charges less than his scalp per graft. I did not ask him at the time. So like I said. I will ask him and then tell you.

Why are any of you guys worried about me bringing up price?

A. You have paid these prices.
B. This site is sponsored by the physicians that charge these prices.

so

C. It is only fair that prices per graft are brought up. Nothing negative here.

» Heliboy, It is what it is… because at $5.00/graft($5.00 being
» conservative) 7000 grafts is $35,000 and IMO this is pretty expensive for
» most folks. So when I bring up price, I bring it up so new readers, ghost
» readers can see that this technology is still somewhat expensive for
» unpredictability. You guys are rediculus to think otherwise. Who has 35k
» to spare? Not down playing these results.
»
» Hairsite… Dr. Jones said he charges less than his scalp per graft. I did
» not ask him at the time. So like I said. I will ask him and then tell you.
»
» Why are any of you guys worried about me bringing up price?
»
» A. You have paid these prices.
» B. This site is sponsored by the physicians that charge these prices.
»
» so
»
» C. It is only fair that prices per graft are brought up. Nothing negative
» here.

I am not worried about you or anyone bringing up prices. As a matter of fact, I have a PRICE COMPARISON page in the HT section. Prices are published there for comparison purposes and are updated from time to time.

What I am worried is posters spreading misinformation in the forum. Read your post again. You were insinuating that Schmoe overpaid for his procedures. You made it sound like there is a qualified FUE/BHT doctor out there who is charging less than Dr. Arvind or Dr. Umar. Yet, when I asked you if you can recommend that doctor to us, you couldn’t give us a straight answer.

Well then let’s fix this to reflect exactly my opinions.

A. Dr. A and R.Umar both charge pretty good prices for both FUE and BHT to date… also does Dr. Bisanga.

B. I still think that Schmoe and others for that matter pay too much for a procedure that is unpredictable. Period. Luckily they got a good result from BHT. No brainer. And this is not mis-spreadining information. It is giving my opinions and my thoughts, so I have that right. What I believe is mis-information is not telling everything about a procedure, which includes pricing.

C. Dr. Jones charges less per graft than his scalp prices however I do not know exactly what that is but I will find out for you.

So I think we are crystal clear here now aren’t we? Mis-leading goes both ways IMO. And so I hope I am dead on for you on my opinions, hairsite.

HT,

Question…

If you had any hairloss, say NW4 or above…

How much would you personally pay to get your hair back, Hairtech?

Nothing negative, just curious.

To get one’s hair back (and everything that comes with it) for the price of a nice Toyota is well worth it, IMO, (if you can fit it into your budget).

If we could get our hair back for peanuts, that would be great, but an HT is expensive.

Minox is cheap, proscar is cheap, elective surgery is expensive.

And there are no guarantees.

Reality.
:expressionless:

In today’s prices… I would not be able to afford it. So what is your point? Bringing up prices is a fact of life.

If I were looking for a clinic to perform a procedure on me and I am at the financial status that I am currently, I would WANT to know how much it took schmoe to fix his head which was somewhere in the neighborhood of $35,000 plus two airline tickets and hotels… One to India and one to Rodando beach California.

Hairtech
It would also be helpful to see links to Dr Jones BHT work when you post his BHT prices. I tried to think if I had ever seen his BHT work since I have been on the forum and dont recall

19,000 grafts by Dr Umar
www.myhairtransformation.com

I will look around and see if I can find some examples. I did not know much about his work with the exception of him being one of the first guys to do FUE/BHT in North America.

» Well then let’s fix this to reflect exactly my opinions.
»
» A. Dr. A and R.Umar both charge pretty good prices for both FUE and BHT to
» date… also does Dr. Bisanga.
»
» B. I still think that Schmoe and others for that matter pay too much for a
» procedure that is unpredictable. Period. Luckily they got a good result
» from BHT. No brainer. And this is not mis-spreadining information. It is
» giving my opinions and my thoughts, so I have that right. What I believe
» is mis-information is not telling everything about a procedure, which
» includes pricing.
»
» C. Dr. Jones charges less per graft than his scalp prices however I do not
» know exactly what that is but I will find out for you.
»
» So I think we are crystal clear here now aren’t we? Mis-leading goes both
» ways IMO. And so I hope I am dead on for you on my opinions, hairsite.

Next time you may want to get all your facts from Dr. Jones before you start posting as if you know his work very well.

Every person has a different tolerance level. This is Schmoe’s thread. It will be up to Schmoe to decide if the procedure was too expensive for him. If you want to vent about HT pricing, you should have started a new thread for that.

Hairtech:

How much does Dr. Harris charge for FUE ?

» I think both doctors probably helped. You were right at 1 year between Dr.
» A and Dr. Umar so if there was any lag from the BHT then it was still
» coming in.
»
» So IMO you needed both doctors to help your cause. Wow 7000 grafts is a
» lot… and slightly expensive too.
»
» Anyway good work to both docs.

Hairtech,
Am I imagining things or are you insinuating that most of the finished product is a result of Dr A only? It’s fairly obvious to me that you don’t want to give too much credit to Dr Umar. I don’t know why. Personal reasons perhaps?
Listen carefully to what Joe Schmoe clearly states regarding his BHT work, and then tell me which of his two doctors deserves more credit…

Re Dr A - “It’s hard to tell if the survival rate was low OR that the body hair just wasn’t robust enough (maybe both)”

And regarding Dr U - "As far as Dr. U’s yield rates go; everything came in well… "

Not to mention the following irrefutable comment -

“I would see pictures before the surgery with Dr. U and I wanted to throw away most of the pictures”

I don’t know what your beef is with Dr Umar, but it’s fairly transparent that you have an agenda against him.
Oh, and PLEASE post a link to one, JUST ONE, of Dr Jones’ successful BHT patients. I, and others, are desperate to see his wonderful (and inexpensive) work!

H f H

Hairsite,

$8-10/graft is Dr. Harris. He only does BHT after everything is exhausted, the patient is fully aware of unpredictability and he approaches it by implanting 2 BHT’s per site. And again threads are for public posting. It is thought provoking and a matter of fact and that is why I bring up price…

Hooray for hair,

You read me wrong. I think both doctors probably contributed to the end result here. It was established that Schmoe was 1 year out from Dr. A when he went to Dr. U. So IMO and this is speculation, both clinics contributed in a positive way. It cannot be confirmed but it cannot be denied, and especially if there was a delay in BHT from Dr. A’s procedure.