Joe Schmoe SFET hair transplant surgery result -7 months

“Joe Schmoe” is well known to the forum readership. He has a history of prior FUE and BHT at another facility involving mainly the hairline, frontal scalp and crown.

He wanted his hairline softened and the shape and direction streamlined to taste. The aim is for a subtle but evident change in the hairline.
He also wanted density added to the mid scalp.

7 months ago he underwent a 3000 SFET procedure to achieve the above stated objectives.

The breakdown of the donor sources were as follows:

Head donor: 1293
Nape: 597
Lower abdomen and upper pubic areas: 1115

The foregoing are before and after photos in a self explanatory sequence:

Front top before and at 7 months

Front Before and At 7 months:

Right side before and 7 month

Sides (Full)

Front (Full)

S. Umar, M.D., FAAD
DermHair Clinic
Redondo Beach, California
+1-310-318-1500
1-877-DERMHAIR (US residents)
info@dermhairclinic.com
NEW WEBSITE www.dermhairclinic.com
Single Follicule Extraction & Transfer (SFET)
Using Head and Body hair

For more SFET-FUE and BHT results go to www.dermhairclinic.com

This guy was earlier a patient of Dr Arvind, right?

» This guy was earlier a patient of Dr Arvind, right?

Yes he was and it’s worth noting that all of this has been acheived without strip ie FUE scalp and bodyhair only!

Is there a before picture to compare?:slight_smile:

Oops I see them. :slight_smile:

Schmoe, you look great, soft n natural hairline. How many grafts did you have combined counting both Arvind and Umar?

What was the time frame of surgeries between Dr. A and your procedure Dr. U? In other words, how much time separates the procedures?

Once again excellent results from Dr.Umar.

Honest pictures with the same lighting, hair conditions (wet or dry) and head positions showing the before and after results.

Excellent job, excellent results, and I am sure this man is estatic.

People with light color hair are blessed. I don’t think he would look as nearly good if his hair were black.

» Is there a before picture to compare?:slight_smile:

before the before.

http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=12&topic_id=32887&mesg_id=32887&listing_type=search

» Is there a before picture to compare?:slight_smile:

http://hairsite.com/serendipity/authors/10-Schmoe

Can you fix the first link Marco? It goes to nothing.

» People with light color hair are blessed. I don’t think he would look as
» nearly good if his hair were black.

Dye your hair lighter then.

» » Is there a before picture to compare?:slight_smile:
»
» before the before.
»
» http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard-az-show_mesg-forum-12-topic_id-32887-mesg_id-32887-listing_type-search.html

Thanks Hairtec.
This link does not work. go to the second link below and there is a link that says before photos.

I swear you had a lot of hair already after you went to Dr.A, u feel much difference after the additional 3000 from Dr. Umar? How do u rate the yield between dr A and dr umar ?

Hey guys;
sorry I haven’t chimed in yet, to be honest, I’m no too worried about my hair right now (for the first time in 10 years), so i’ve been worreid about all the other things in life besides my hair! :slight_smile:

I’m gonna try to go down the list of questions here.

First off, THANKS for all the support, as most of us know this is a taxing issue that lingers in our minds for way too long and drains us of valuable thought and energy (and money!)

Schmoe, you look great, soft n natural hairline. How many grafts did you >>have combined counting both Arvind and Umar?

thank you! I dont have the EXACT numbers on me, the final tally for Dr. A’s is posted in my blog.
3800 roughly with Dr. A, about 1200 of those being body hair I believe.
3200 with Dr. Umar; I believe it was half and half

roughly 7000 grafts total now.

What was the time frame of surgeries between Dr. A and your procedure Dr. >>U? In other words, how much time separates the procedures?

Almost 1 year exactly.

Once again excellent results from Dr.Umar.
Honest pictures with the same lighting, hair conditions (wet or dry) and >>head positions showing the before and after results.

Excellent job, excellent results, and I am sure this man is estatic.

I’m VERY happy; the 2nd procedure addressed 2 issues;

A) I had a wall of hair in the front and it came to a halt in the middle… making it look a bit dramatic. So the middle was filled in. It was ALL pubic and abdomen hair in the middle; I was happy with the results of the body hair.

B) Make the hairline softer and more natural. The devil is in the details, bare in mind when you’re looking at the photos, you’re seeing a fixed view… in life and in motion we can start to pick out the details…

look at “Sides(Full)” and “Front(Full)”. The temples are that detail, I HAVE a hairline before, but AFTER everything really looks complete and falls together. and it is much softer now. I’m VERY happy with it. As far as I’m concerned my hairline is DONE!! (well… we’ll see… lol… we’re all hair addicts)

People with light color hair are blessed. I don’t think he would look as nearly good if his hair were black.

I actually had it bleached platinum for awhile because of this and it looked AWESOME! but i grew bored of it… I still use stuff like ‘sun in’ to keep the contrast minimal.

It’s true the hair overall is still pretty thin. I will be addressing this in another surgery this coming year. 1500 to fill in the crown, another 500-1000 to fill in the density of the front; it will be mostly beard hair; no scalp.

I swear you had a lot of hair already after you went to Dr.A, u feel much difference after the additional 3000 from Dr. Umar? How do u rate the yield between dr A and dr umar ?

this is difficult to answer; you can go through my gallery and maybe decide for yourself as to what you think Dr. A’s yield was. The front came out well I wasn’t too excited about the results in the back, however It’s hard to tell if the survival rate was low OR that the body hair just wasn’t robust enough (maybe both); the scalp hair clearly came in very well though.

As far as Dr. Us yield rate go; everything came in well… the front came in nice and soft, the middle filled up well to be comparable to the front, thus having a much less dramatic transition from frontal scalp to mid scalp.

I DO feel much difference! here’s the vain reasoning behind that… I would see pictures before the surgery with Dr. U and I wanted to throw away most of the pictures, the hairline (although thicker) was MUCH more clearly defined, as opposed to before the surgery, where it was very thin, it was a very natural transition.

This restored the natural transition and I actually see the pictures now and am pretty damn happy with them.

As I said earlier, I’m not done yet. I don’t believe HT surgery consists of ONE surgery… its a long road; and I think people should be aware of that when they go for a surgery… I am WELL aware that my hair is going to continue to thin (yes I’m on meds); so I’m trying to be practical and slowly fill it in with body hair over time to maintain it. Yeah it’s not cheap; but if you want cheap you can simply shave your head and move on… you don’t NEED hair… you WANT hair.

good luck to all, thank you for the support; if you have anymore questions, feel free to ask or just EMAIL me! (schmoe5000 @ hotmail.com)

if you want any ADVICE on your own predicament, I can give you my opinion… (bare in mind I’m not a professional, just someone who sympathizes VERY MUCH!)

take care!

Congrats, I think the hairstyle fits you perfectly. I couldn’t tell you have almost 3000 grafts of bh there. You could have told me it’s all scalp hair and I would believe you. How about pics of the back? I am curious how short or how long you have to wear your hair in the back.

This is a great hairstyle for Schmoe and shows exactly what bht/scalp combo can accomplish.

19,000 grafts by Dr Umar
www.myhairtransformation.com

Hi Schmoe:

I am very happy for you. Glad to hear that you are moving on with your life now. It’s a long journey to get to where you are now, but I am sure it’s all worth it. This is a good success story.

Happy New Year !

Regards,

Marco you are so funny LOL !