Is it possible to transplant hair from dead people?

Just wondering for example, say someone who has a nice head of hair dies in an accident and they were an organ donor. I just thought about this now but is it possible for surgeons nowadays to remove the deceased’s hair along with the roots underneath and then rush fly it via helicopter or jet airplane to the next available bald person on the donor list? I just recently have thought about transplants and maybe this question has been asked 100’s of times but I was just wondering if this hair transplant technology is currently available?

If I was to get a transplant, I would much rather do it this way than to wait for all these little plugs to grow. I kind of look at it like a lawn. I would much rather pay to sod my lawn and have instant grass than to seed it with grass seed as it takes longer. If someone has already received someone else’s hair from a organ donor, I sure would like to hear your story and how your new hair is. Thank you.

Your immune system would reject the transplanted grafts from the deceased.

theoretically you could be given anti rejection drugs…like with a limb transplant,

» Your immune system would reject the transplanted grafts from the deceased.

» theoretically you could be given anti rejection drugs…like with a
» limb transplant,
»
» » Your immune system would reject the transplanted grafts from the
» deceased.

That’s kind of what I was thinking Hangin’. They can transplant all sorts of different things from one person to another, why not hair? Hair also stays alive a long time after a person dies and continues to grow.

I think if this technology is or would be available, it would encourage millions of bald men to also sign up to be a donor in case of death. I would imagine a person could even use the remaining “good” hair on say a NW7 deceased donor person and than transplant that to the crown or front temple area depending on where that person was lacking in hair.

Of course the hair style color etc would also have to be a good match. This could all be computerized and categorized. I mean everyone knows someone that has the exact same hair as them. Everyone does. It’s just a matter of waiting for them to die before you could get their hair though. That’s the bad thing. It also could encourage murder I would imagine in extreme desperate cases for men who feel their best hair years are coming to an end and need hair fast.

the anti rejection drugs, though, are very expensive and very nasty, I sure would not want to take those

and they also might have a side effect of hairloss, since they are designed with tissue rejection in mind, not hair loss

» » theoretically you could be given anti rejection drugs…like with
» a
» » limb transplant,
» »
» » » Your immune system would reject the transplanted grafts from the
» » deceased.
»
» That’s kind of what I was thinking Hangin’. They can transplant all sorts
» of different things from one person to another, why not hair? Hair also
» stays alive a long time after a person dies and continues to grow.
»
» I think if this technology is or would be available, it would encourage
» millions of bald men to also sign up to be a donor in case of death. I
» would imagine a person could even use the remaining “good” hair on say a
» NW7 deceased donor person and than transplant that to the crown or front
» temple area depending on where that person was lacking in hair.
»
» Of course the hair style color etc would also have to be a good match.
» This could all be computerized and categorized. I mean everyone knows
» someone that has the exact same hair as them. Everyone does. It’s just a
» matter of waiting for them to die before you could get their hair though.
» That’s the bad thing. It also could encourage murder I would imagine in
» extreme desperate cases for men who feel their best hair years are coming
» to an end and need hair fast.

» the anti rejection drugs, though, are very expensive and very nasty, I sure
» would not want to take those
»
» and they also might have a side effect of hairloss, since they are
» designed with tissue rejection in mind, not hair loss

Hmm, very interesting Hangin’. Thanks for the quick reply. So let me ask you another question. Say this technology was a reality and you could get a transplant from a dead guy. Would you hangin’ right now at this point be considered “murder worthy” because you have alot of hair and bald guys would kill literally to have your hair if they were on the donor list and they matched the same hair color and style as you OR would you be the guy seeking out someone to knock off because you are not “murder worthy” because you are pretty much bald. Which side are you on at this time Hangin’. Me, I am not “murder worthy” which would be a good thing but I doubt I could knock off any person just for their thick hair.:smiley:

at this point with transplants, even if i had an unending supply of donor hair, I am not sure I would get one

too many unknowns, and the docs seem to be in it for the money, and seem to want to pooh pooh the non success stories and blame it on the patients body charictaristics

even if you had an unlimited supply of donor hair, look at my situation bald crown, Ok lets say i have as much hair as i want even not mine , so i dont risk thinning my donor areas or taking body hair

would i get a transplant in the crown, probably not
why?

if it looked super, now, then 20 yrs down the road if i lost a heck of alot more hair and went to a NW7 I would be FORCED to keep chasing my balding scalp with further procedures.

Thats expensive and a nightmare

what if you decided at that point ah screw it im not gonna get another transplant, Ok fine u look like a freak with a huge bald halo around a thickly growing crown, better get used to wearing a hat for the rest of your life since u sure as hell cant take it off

so to me donor hair availability or even cost being free would not entice me to get a transplant

I think most of these guys are nuts if you ask me, willing to spand 10s of thousands of dollars and risk physical disfigurement, for their hair
i wish my hair had not fallen out but Im not that desperate to risk that

This is my prediction of what all of the guys have on the board, as their future, should they get a nice transplant now and then thin drastically in the next 20 yrs…now how in the HELL would you go around looking like the below pic? you look like a freak, but you have no choice but to fix it,yet when the transplant was first done 20 yrs previously before the other hair fell out, it may have looked FANTASTIC

how many board members with fantastic transplants have this to look forward to?

» at this point with transplants, even if i had an unending supply of donor
» hair, I am not sure I would get one
»
» too many unknowns, and the docs seem to be in it for the money, and seem
» to want to pooh pooh the non success stories and blame it on the patients
» body charictaristics
»
» even if you had an unlimited supply of donor hair, look at my situation
» bald crown, Ok lets say i have as much hair as i want even not mine , so i
» dont risk thinning my donor areas or taking body hair
»
» would i get a transplant in the crown, probably not
» why?
»
» if it looked super, now, then 20 yrs down the road if i lost a heck of
» alot more hair and went to a NW7 I would be FORCED to keep chasing my
» balding scalp with further procedures.
»
» Thats expensive and a nightmare
»
» what if you decided at that point ah screw it im not gonna get another
» transplant, Ok fine u look like a freak with a huge bald halo around a
» thickly growing crown, better get used to wearing a hat for the rest of
» your life since u sure as hell cant take it off
»
» so to me donor hair availability or even cost being free would not entice
» me to get a transplant
»
» I think most of these guys are nuts if you ask me, willing to spand 10s of
» thousands of dollars and risk physical disfigurement, for their hair
» i wish my hair had not fallen out but Im not that desperate to risk that
»
» This is my prediction of what all of the guys have on the board, as their
» future, should they get a nice transplant now and then thin drastically in
» the next 20 yrs…now how in the HELL would you go around looking
» like the below pic? you look like a freak, but you have no choice but to
» fix it,yet when the transplant was first done 20 yrs previously before the
» other hair fell out, it may have looked FANTASTIC
»
» how many board members with fantastic transplants have this to look
» forward to?
»
»

i can see what your saying, but not everyone gets that bald, i suppose thats the risk you take when you get a transplant.you could always get the transplanted hair removed later if you wanted to.

» too many unknowns, and the docs seem to be in it for the money, and seem
» to want to pooh pooh the non success stories and blame it on the patients
» body charictaristics
Exactly…it’s all about dollar signs.
You can also Google “bad hair transplants” and see how many guys have transplanted hair that is falling out/thinning after a couple years.

Dude, that’s pretty much what I look like today! I had the high temples (sides of hairline), and crown done, albeit not really thickly with minis. I’m now a NW 5.5 probably. Looks very odd. But with Prothik and long hair, I can pass for just a combover…

n/t

» n/t
Not true Jessica…?

Are you saying that you are totally unaware that hair transplants can start to fall out or thin after a relatively short period of time?

I have seen the blogs/posts myself on the web where guys are totally floored by expensive transplants that start thinning or falling out after a short time period.
This is why I keep my thoughts and comments about hair transplants away from threads where doctors post so I won’t get banned for posting what I believe to be the truth that transplant businesses don’t want to get out.

I mean no disrespect Jessica but I know your paycheck depends heavily on transplants.

If it were possible I would kill Tom Cruise

» » n/t
» Not true Jessica…?
»
» Are you saying that you are totally unaware that hair transplants can
» start to fall out or thin after a relatively short period of time?
»
» I have seen the blogs/posts myself on the web where guys are totally
» floored by expensive transplants that start thinning or falling out after
» a short time period.
» This is why I keep my thoughts and comments about hair transplants away
» from threads where doctors post so I won’t get banned for posting what I
» believe to be the truth that transplant businesses don’t want to get out.
»
» I mean no disrespect Jessica but I know your paycheck depends heavily on
» transplants.

Dude. Calm down. What are you talking about?

I thought n/t meant “note taken”.
The question was can you transplant hair from dead people.
My answer is no.

Where is this personal attack coming from?

» I mean no disrespect Jessica but I know your paycheck depends heavily on
» transplants.

I work part time posting on the internet, answering questions about hair transplants. For this, I am salaried. It is a small fraction of my income.
My full time job is working in oral surgery, that is where my paycheck depends heavily.

I needed that laugh.

» Dude. Calm down. What are you talking about?
»
» I thought n/t meant “note taken”.
» The question was can you transplant hair from dead people.
» My answer is no.
»
» Where is this personal attack coming from?
There is no personal attack Jessica.

Look at the subject line of your post. It says “No”.
Why would anyone think that n/t means “note taken” when the subject line says “No”. That makes no sense at all.

And Hitler’s thread about dead people is hard to take seriously because I know Hitler from another forum where he constantly harrassed me until he was banned. Now he follows me here and does the same thing.
He knows I am Jewish so he calls me Adolph and says things like I am Hitler’s son, etc.
Believe me Jessica…Hitler is a total nut job and now he blames his mother for his hair loss. I wonder where his dementia comes from?
Be careful Jessica…There are more Hitlers out there…

» » Dude. Calm down. What are you talking about?
» »
» » I thought n/t meant “note taken”.
» » The question was can you transplant hair from dead people.
» » My answer is no.
» »
» » Where is this personal attack coming from?
» There is no personal attack Jessica.
»
» Look at the subject line of your post. It says “No”.
» Why would anyone think that n/t means “note taken” when the subject line
» says “No”. That makes no sense at all.
»
» And Hitler’s thread about dead people is hard to take seriously because I
» know Hitler from another forum where he constantly harrassed me until he
» was banned. Now he follows me here and does the same thing.
» He knows I am Jewish so he calls me Adolph and says things like I am
» Hitler’s son, etc.
» Believe me Jessica…Hitler is a total nut job and now he blames his
» mother for his hair loss. I wonder where his dementia comes from?
» Be careful Jessica…There are more Hitlers out there…

I think you might be viewing the forum in board view, and I am viewing in thread view. In board view, it looks like I am saying “no” to one thing, and in thread view, I am responding to something else. This must be where the confusion might come from.

I meant that, no, you can’t transplant from dead people. But, some of the points that were brought up were noteworthy.

If you are Jewish, why would he call you Hitler? Hitler wasn’t Jewish. Did he fail history class?

» If you are Jewish, why would he call you Hitler? Hitler wasn’t Jewish.
» Did he fail history class?
History class??? That assumes he went to school.:smiley:

Nut job calls me Hitler because he thinks that will draw me out for battle.

If I totally ignore him then he really gets offended and ups the attacks.

On the other forum at Get It Back, he constantly started flame wars with everybody that didn’t agree with him. He was finally banned by Admin then after a while they reinstated him and then had to ban him again for flaming.

I actually don’t want to see him get banned because I feel sorry for him. It’s obvious he has no friends and no life. Poor little balding fellow.

» » If you are Jewish, why would he call you Hitler? Hitler wasn’t Jewish.
» » Did he fail history class?
» History class??? That assumes he went to school.:smiley:
»
» Nut job calls me Hitler because he thinks that will draw me out for
» battle.
»
» If I totally ignore him then he really gets offended and ups the attacks.
»
» On the other forum at Get It Back, he constantly started flame wars with
» everybody that didn’t agree with him. He was finally banned by Admin then
» after a while they reinstated him and then had to ban him again for
» flaming.
»
» I actually don’t want to see him get banned because I feel sorry for him.
» It’s obvious he has no friends and no life. Poor little balding fellow.

Hairsite is the only forum that isn’t ban-happy. Some deserve to be banned and some don’t.

» Hairsite is the only forum that isn’t ban-happy. Some deserve to be
» banned and some don’t.
True and I give kudos to Hairsite for not banning members if they disagree and have posts that go against the theories/products of their advertisers.

The other site I belong to Get It Back had let a moderator run amuck with his “powers” to delete posts/lock threads/ban members. This was the death of that forum. It is a ghost town now. Hitler is from that forum also. He knows it’s true.

Here’s what a dead forum looks like http://millerarts.com/discuss/viewforum.php?f=53