Im getting off getfitinib------SIDE EFFECTS

Here are the listed side effects for getfitinib:

Iressa
Side Effects & Drug Interactionsfont sizeAAASIDE EFFECTS
The safety database includes 941 patients from clinical trials and approximately 23,000 patients in the Expanded Access Program.

Table 3 includes drug-related adverse events with an incidence of ≥5% for the 216 patients who received either 250 mg or 500 mg of IRESSA monotherapy for treatment of NSCLC. The most common adverse events reported at the recommended 250 mg daily dose were diarrhea, rash, acne, dry skin, nausea, and vomiting (see PRECAUTIONS-Information for Patients and DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION. Dosage Adjustment sections). The 500 mg dose showed a higher rate for most of these adverse events.

I haven’t thrown up yet, but Ive had diarrhea for a week, and you would not phucking BELIEVE how much acne—and I have good clear skin, I have on my face and FRIGGIN’ BACK. I have broke out like a ugly teenager, I mean
BAD dudes in the 7 days Ive taken those 250 mg pills. Im basically digesting nothing and when I eat Im having to vomit out of my a$$ greenish-brown-muckish water with A LOT of very painful stomach acid therein. Ive had some nausea, general weakness, and skin rashes and I itch.

I think Id rather take the friggin’ chemo than be on this goddawful drug. Im off it. If I dont get any hair out of this…it will be dissapointing considering what Ive had to deal with.

Now I know what might have happened to TAGOHL. He either turned into a gigantic pimple and burst into a supernova, or he got so dehydrated from diarreha that he friggin’ died. :lookaround:

no offense but isnt this a cancer drug? What type of cancer do you have

» Here are the listed side effects for getfitinib:
»
»
» Iressa
» Side Effects & Drug Interactionsfont sizeAAASIDE EFFECTS
» The safety database includes 941 patients from clinical trials and
» approximately 23,000 patients in the Expanded Access Program.
»
» Table 3 includes drug-related adverse events with an incidence of
» ≥5% for the 216 patients who received either 250 mg or 500 mg of
» IRESSA monotherapy for treatment of NSCLC. The most common adverse events
» reported at the recommended 250 mg daily dose were
» diarrhea, rash, acne, dry skin, nausea, and vomiting
» (
see PRECAUTIONS-Information for Patients and DOSAGE AND
» ADMINISTRATION. Dosage Adjustment sections). The 500 mg dose showed a
» higher rate for most of these adverse events.
»
»
»
»
» I haven’t thrown up yet, but Ive had diarrhea for a week, and you would
» not phucking BELIEVE how much acne—and I have good clear skin, I have on
» my face and FRIGGIN’ BACK. I have broke out like a ugly teenager, I mean
» BAD dudes in the 7 days Ive taken those 250
» mg pills. Im basically digesting nothing and when I eat Im having to vomit
» out of my a$$ greenish-brown-muckish water with A LOT of very
» painful stomach acid therein. Ive had some nausea, general weakness, and
» skin rashes and I itch.
»
»
» I think Id rather take the friggin’ chemo than be on this goddawful drug.
» Im off it. If I dont get any hair out of this…it will be
» dissapointing considering what Ive had to deal with.
»
»
»
»
» Now I know what might have happened to TAGOHL. He either turned into a
» gigantic pimple and burst into a supernova, or he got so dehydrated from
» diarreha that he friggin’ died. :lookaround:

If Tagohl is doing this internally, why don’t you do it topically. I still feel strongly that the final product will be a topical cream of some sort but it just my opinion. If you bought the pills, you should have plenty left over anyway to experiment with. BTW, where is Tagohl? He should have finished his experiment by now.

» no offense but isnt this a cancer drug? What type of cancer do you have

Here here… seriously, I want my hair back, but not bad enough for someone to die for it…

I got some mild shiits from the 10 days of oral Leflunomide, but nothing like what you’re talking about Benji. That sounds pretty intense.

I guess next we revert to trying to formulate Genfilitib for a topical cream, eh? How hard could that be?

By the way, speaking of topicals -

I tried some Lavender flower oil mixed into some anti-microbial hand sanitizer soap. (The soap is about 65% ethyl alcohol and goes right through the skin on your hands when you use it).

It feels GREAT on my scalp MPB areas. Great. The only thing I’ve ever tried with a soothing effect that comes even close to this is Nizoral shampoo.

Of course I have no clue whether this helps, hurts, or does nothing for MPB. But I’m pretty sold on it just based on the feeling alone. My scalp sensitivity has been a very reliable measuring tool in the past. (I don’t have to worry about forgetting a Finasteride dose, because my scalp will usually feel inflamed enough to tell me the difference within 12-24 hours.)

I’ll probably keep using this Lavender flower oil concoction as long as it doesn’t have any potential to harm.

» I got some mild shiits from the 10 days of oral Leflunomide, but nothing
» like what you’re talking about Benji. That sounds pretty intense.
»
»
» I guess next we revert to trying to formulate Genfilitib for a topical
» cream, eh? How hard could that be?
»
»
»
»
»
» By the way, speaking of topicals -
»
» I tried some Lavender flower oil mixed into some anti-microbial hand
» sanitizer soap. (The soap is about 65% ethyl alcohol and goes right
» through the skin on your hands when you use it).
»
» It feels GREAT on my scalp MPB areas. Great. The only thing I’ve ever
» tried with a soothing effect that comes even close to this is Nizoral
» shampoo.
»
» Of course I have no clue whether this helps, hurts, or does nothing for
» MPB. But I’m pretty sold on it just based on the feeling alone. My scalp
» sensitivity has been a very reliable measuring tool in the past. (I don’t
» have to worry about forgetting a Finasteride dose, because my scalp will
» usually feel inflamed enough to tell me the difference within 12-24 hours.)
»
»
» I’ll probably keep using this Lavender flower oil concoction as long as it
» doesn’t have any potential to harm.

I’ve read on-line in at least 2 places about follica that Cortsie said the drug will be applied as a cream. You can do your own home made topical or find a lab or pharmacy that will be willing to compound it for you. Or, this could be another misdirection on Cortsie’s part but I don’t think so. If you are still determined to ingest this drug, try lowering the dose or something but that is something I still wouldn’t do personally.

Sorry to hear you go through it, but a good leason for every one. Unless we find a good natural EGFR inhibitor, which I doubt, the next step should be mixing a topical. If you are not up for it you can send me a pill or two and I will try it (250 mg is enough for a 1-2% solution that would last a long time).

Since you where on the drugs for seven days I would say it is easily long enough to see a result. For me this is really the make or break experiment and everyone on this board should be grateful for your effort. Thank you.

» no offense but isnt this a cancer drug? What type of cancer do you have

and you are taking a cancer drug for your hair? thats fking nuts, pardon my french

you guys are risking your health to get back your hair, that is crazy

this is the type of mentality the guys have who get raped by unscrupulous hair transplant docs

they are so desperate and in a hurry to get their hair back, they do crazy dangerous things

just like this is crazy

Getfitinib is in the Follica patent as a possible part of the formula they will use after wounding.

If Follica’s process gets to market there is a chance that getfitinib will be used as part of it.
Although I’m certain it would be made into a topical or injectable and probably in a much smaller amount.

Your right though, it would take a much braver man than me to try oral getfitinib given the possible side affects, unless my life depended on it.

» Getfitinib is in the Follica patent as a possible part of the formula they
» will use after wounding.
»
» If Follica’s process gets to market there is a chance that getfitinib will
» be used as part of it.
» Although I’m certain it would be made into a topical or injectable and
» probably in a much smaller amount.
»
» Your right though, it would take a much braver man than me to try oral
» getfitinib given the possible side affects, unless my life depended on it.

I suppose one could really look through the kit patent and see what excipients and whatnot they intend to use in the topical cream and see if they closely match dermovan. THe percentages were given in a range from .01 to .5% in the patent. So perhaps just one getfitinib pill crushed up and mixed and allowed to sit for a day in dermovan cream might be an acceptable topical formulation of it. I’ll probably look into that over the next week or so (Im going to be kinda busy this week).

Cal-----cedarwood, lavender, thyme, and rosemary are the four classic essential oils for hairloss. Randomized Trial of Aromatherapy
That picture is still the greatest hair regrowth picture Ive ever seen. It used the essential oils for alopecia areata in a Scottish Study. Cedarwood is in a couple of patents for reducing sebum, and was the best sebum-reducing agent that Johnson and Johnson tested. Cedarwood is also anti-bacterial and anti-microbial and supposedly ups oxygen in whatever tissue that its administered to somehow. Lavender has been showed to block the androgen receptor and stimulate the estrogen receptor, thyme is a natural antihistamine and it suppresses several prostaglandins (like latanaprost and nizoral), and rosemary is supposed to be a potent anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory (COX-2 inhibitor). Ive always wondered if these together would have been “good” for hairloss. Theyve never been formally tested (and probably never will be). All are alcohol soluble, and can then be cut with purified/distilled water.

Hanginginthere,
Getfitinib is in the follica patent. I wounded, waited two days, and did 7 days of it. I got the side effects associated with it (which suck by the way). Follica is going to put it (or some other egf-antagonist mentioned in the patent) in a topical cream most likely. Since Im certainly no topicals expert, I thought I’d just try it internally. I suppose if I ever try it again…I’ll see if I can get it to mix with a topical cream like oil of olay or dermovan or whatever instead. The side effects (for me) really sucked.
Hanging,
There really isn’t all that much to the follica patent if you ever care to read it. It looks like this: abrade, wait three to five days (depending on when keratinocytes are covereing the abraded area) and then use a topical they will make containing getfitinib, minoxidil, an anti-androgen, an anti-histamine, a retinoid like retin-A, an anti-inflammatory COX-inhibitor like aspirin, thats about it. It will probably be applied for 7-10 days. Thats it. They may use a topical immunosuppressant used for eczema or psoriasis in their formulation also-----and more remotely might use some ectodyspalsin DNA and fiberblast growth factor, but its unlikely they will need to do so. Its simplicity is the only reason Im willing to fool around with it. If it was complex, like cellular HM, I wouldn’t even attempt to fool with it.
BTW_----you wont “get cancer” from using an anti-cancer compound. There is a very slight risk of a lung side effect that is heightened if you are Asian, very old, underweight, or smoke. Im none of those things, so I thought I’d be OK. Ive had no breathing problems. So I figure I’ll be alright once this acne clears up…I certainly DID get that.

I think someone posted on hairtalk, that even with the strongest dosage, one 250 mg pill contains enough Getfitinib for 20 some days of the Follica usage. which would probably be two treatments.

I’ll buy one pill off of you if you are not going to use them.

» » Getfitinib is in the Follica patent as a possible part of the formula
» they
» » will use after wounding.
» »
» » If Follica’s process gets to market there is a chance that getfitinib
» will
» » be used as part of it.
» » Although I’m certain it would be made into a topical or injectable and
» » probably in a much smaller amount.
» »
» » Your right though, it would take a much braver man than me to try oral
» » getfitinib given the possible side affects, unless my life depended on
» it.
»
»
»
»
»
» I suppose one could really look through the kit patent and see what
» excipients and whatnot they intend to use in the topical cream and see if
» they closely match dermovan. THe percentages were given in a range from .01
» to .5% in the patent. So perhaps just one getfitinib pill crushed up and
» mixed and allowed to sit for a day in dermovan cream might be an acceptable
» topical formulation of it. I’ll probably look into that over the next week
» or so (Im going to be kinda busy this week).
»
»
»
» Cal-----cedarwood, lavender, thyme, and rosemary are the four classic
» essential oils for hairloss.
» Randomized Trial of Aromatherapy
» That picture is still the greatest hair regrowth picture Ive ever seen. It
» used the essential oils for alopecia areata in a Scottish Study. Cedarwood
» is in a couple of patents for reducing sebum, and was the best
» sebum-reducing agent that Johnson and Johnson tested. Cedarwood is also
» anti-bacterial and anti-microbial and supposedly ups oxygen in whatever
» tissue that its administered to somehow. Lavender has been showed to block
» the androgen receptor and stimulate the estrogen receptor, thyme is a
» natural antihistamine and it suppresses several prostaglandins (like
» latanaprost and nizoral), and rosemary is supposed to be a potent
» anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory (COX-2 inhibitor). Ive always wondered
» if these together would have been “good” for hairloss. Theyve never been
» formally tested (and probably never will be). All are alcohol soluble, and
» can then be cut with purified/distilled water.
»
»
»
»
»
» Hanginginthere,
» Getfitinib is in the follica patent. I wounded, waited two days, and
» did 7 days of it. I got the side effects associated with it (which suck by
» the way). Follica is going to put it (or some other egf-antagonist
» mentioned in the patent) in a topical cream most likely. Since Im certainly
» no topicals expert, I thought I’d just try it internally. I suppose if I
» ever try it again…I’ll see if I can get it to mix with a topical cream
» like oil of olay or dermovan or whatever instead. The side effects (for me)
» really sucked.
» Hanging,
» There really isn’t all that much to the follica patent if you ever
» care to read it. It looks like this: abrade, wait three to five days
» (depending on when keratinocytes are covereing the abraded area) and then
» use a topical they will make containing getfitinib, minoxidil, an
» anti-androgen, an anti-histamine, a retinoid like retin-A, an
» anti-inflammatory COX-inhibitor like aspirin, thats about it. It will
» probably be applied for 7-10 days. Thats it. They may use a topical
» immunosuppressant used for eczema or psoriasis in their formulation
» also-----and more remotely might use some ectodyspalsin DNA and fiberblast
» growth factor, but its unlikely they will need to do so. Its simplicity is
» the only reason Im willing to fool around with it. If it was complex, like
» cellular HM, I wouldn’t even attempt to fool with it.
» BTW_----you wont “get cancer” from using an anti-cancer compound. There is
» a very slight risk of a lung side effect that is heightened if you are
» Asian, very old, underweight, or smoke. Im none of those things, so I
» thought I’d be OK. Ive had no breathing problems. So I figure I’ll be
» alright once this acne clears up…I certainly DID get that.

i never said you would get cancer from using it
i just think its insane with all the side effects to use a cancer drug to get your hair back. cancer drugs are notoriously nasty, and are not used because they are safe, they are used because the person will die without them, lesser of two evils

you should never have been on that shyte in the first place…

seriously, i don’t know what the problem is with people on this board.

someone brings up some kind of faddish “solution” and then a whole bunch of people make a whole bunch of posts about it, with their amateurish knowledge, and put forth all these theories without any hard scientific evidence (maybe just a few articles or wild speculation that someone read), and it takes on a life of its own…

within weeks, there are massive threads about these idiot “solutions” that i know will never work, and will cause more harm and damage than they help.

and then if you try to call 'em on it, and point out how vapid and uninformed they are spouting all their pseudo-scientific nonsense, they get all defensive and make long posts defending their stupidity and their god-given rights to be just damn stupid…

…and on and on it goes…

anyone who takes a cancer drug for mpb should very seriously have his brain examined.

i make no exceptions to that rule, just because someone is a member of the hairsite board.

benji and whoever else took this cancer drug for their mpb need to see a psychiatrist.

end of story.

» anyone who takes a cancer drug for mpb should very seriously have his brain
» examined.
»
» i make no exceptions to that rule, just because someone is a member of the
» hairsite board.
»
» benji and whoever else took this cancer drug for their mpb need to see a
» psychiatrist.
»
» end of story.

yawn youve never added anything to this board, anything at all

Should be safer shouldnt it?

BTW is it capsules or pills?

Hangin, Baldbaby,

Thanks for the advice that taking cancer drugs for hair issues is crazy. None of us ever thought of that before you guys pointed it out.

Thanks for advising others not to follow our paths. We had been telling anyone who would listen that everything we did was 100% safe. We were telling eveyrone that they absolutely NEEDED to do copy our actions ASAP or else they would be the only bald guys left in 2009.

I don’t know what we would do without you guys’ inputs. Some of the posters her just keep restating the obvious and they’re really annoying in comparison.

I commend you for taking the risk. Hopefully, it works out for you. Since seeing Baccy’s photos, I am more optimistic that Follica may be on to something. Personally, I think its crazy people are experimenting on themselves, but its interesting to see the results none the less.

» BTW is it capsules or pills?

It is soluble in dimethylsulphoxide amongst other things

http://www.fda.gov/cder/foi/label/2003/021399lbl.pdf