How much you willing to pay for a hair loss cure?

The real question is how much can you afford. Some of the prices being mentioned by the likes of Trichoscience are completely ridiculous. The majority of bald men are average working men who will never be able to pay 30 grand for a treatment. It doesn’t matter how much they want it, in the real world not many people will be able to pay for it.

What would be the quality of the cure? NW7 to NW1?

» The real question is how much can you afford. Some of the prices being
» mentioned by the likes of Trichoscience are completely ridiculous. The
» majority of bald men are average working men who will never be able to pay
» 30 grand for a treatment. It doesn’t matter how much they want it, in the
» real world not many people will be able to pay for it.

~30$ - yea, cure for all :slight_smile:

i think so too that men 35+ years old who has plenty of money can afford it. i think most of young men/women cant afford it. how can this be cure for all then? :S it’s cure for rich people only :slight_smile:

interesting, if there will come out permanent cure for HIV/AIDS in the future, do they ask so big or even bigger money from patients too? “if you pay,then you can live, if you don’t you gonna die soon.” crazy to think about this so

» What would be the quality of the cure? NW7 to NW1?

Initially I think this solution will be expensive. Yes it could cost anywhere in this range like all things of this nature. Eventually it will become reasonable as did Lasik eye surgery. The cost within the first 5 -10 years will scale down to a reasonable amount. You have to take into account the cost of setting up labs all over the world which will be very expensive. It follows the same logic as silicon-economics.

Are you talking about a 1 time payment that s all? Never again do I have to pay for my hair after a 1 time payment? I am willing to pay up to $30K for that. However if you are thinking $30K to get my hair back and they will fall again in a few years and I have to keep paying to maintain the hair, then forget it, I won’t pay a penny for that.

» Are you talking about a 1 time payment that s all? Never again do I have to
» pay for my hair after a 1 time payment? I am willing to pay up to $30K for
» that. However if you are thinking $30K to get my hair back and they will
» fall again in a few years and I have to keep paying to maintain the hair,
» then forget it, I won’t pay a penny for that.

For the purposes of discussion I think we’re assuming a one-time cost here. Or these numbers are the total for 10-20 years with hair, etc.

Dropping $30,000 to get the hair back, and then losing all the hairs after 5 years & having to pay another $30,000 . . . I think we would all agree that this is a different situation.

I don’t think we’re gonna be dealing with this issue in any big way, honestly. Any restarted hairs will not have had the decades of cumulative androgen exposure that your lost hairs have. And they will never experience the huge wallop of androgen exposure that occurs during puberty & really gets the MPB snowball rolling in the first place. I assume they would still thin over time somewhat but nothing like the MPB we have already experienced.

» The real question is how much can you afford. Some of the prices being
» mentioned by the likes of Trichoscience are completely ridiculous. The
» majority of bald men are average working men who will never be able to pay
» 30 grand for a treatment. It doesn’t matter how much they want it, in the
» real world not many people will be able to pay for it.

Affordability is already implied in my question. There’s no point in answering that you will pay $100,000 if you couldn’t even afford it in the first place.

» What would be the quality of the cure? NW7 to NW1?

Yeah, a cure is a cure, my definition of a cure is whatever treatment that can restore your original state, in other words yes, from NW7 to NW1.

» Are you talking about a 1 time payment that s all? Never again do I have to
» pay for my hair after a 1 time payment? I am willing to pay up to $30K for
» that. However if you are thinking $30K to get my hair back and they will
» fall again in a few years and I have to keep paying to maintain the hair,
» then forget it, I won’t pay a penny for that.

I can’t believe everyone is asking these questions, of course it’s a one time payment or this poll will be totally meaningless. Geez

I would pay whatever it would take to get me to the front of the line (assuming it was 100% safe and effective). I would easily pay 250K if that’s what it took, and I wouldn’t even think about it. I know I’m not paying a paltry 30K if I have to wait in line for 3 years.

$20K for HTs that only delay the inevitable and rarely produce an any-style-looks-good result, so you can probably double or even triple that for a procedure that provides a non-surgical solution with a better outcome.

To those who voted $10K or less, a hair transplant can easily cost over $10K these days, do you think that these companies will sell you a baldness cure for under $10K? dream on

In the long run, plain old supply & demand will push this thing as cheap as it can go.

They may have priced Propecia at several hundred bucks a year . . . but they also didn’t try to squeeze a tiny rich portion of the population for tens of thousands of dollars per year for the first decade, either. They aimed for middle-class affordable right out of the gate.

I’m not saying HM has to go exactly the same way but the point holds - In the long run there will always be more money in a cheap MPB solution than an expensive one.

» In the long run, plain old supply & demand will push this thing as cheap as
» it can go.
»
»
» They may have priced Propecia at several hundred bucks a year . . . but
» they also didn’t try to squeeze a tiny rich portion of the population for
» tens of thousands of dollars per year for the first decade, either. They
» aimed for middle-class affordable right out of the gate.
»
» I’m not saying HM has to go exactly the same way but the point holds - In
» the long run there will always be more money in a cheap MPB solution than
» an expensive one.

ya, but it didn’t work that well for many people and from what i understand women can’t use it either. It’s also not a permanent solution. I guess if you use it over 20-30 years it adds up not to mention the side effects.

(sigh)

Man, do you really think I’m literally equating the two products? The launching of Propecia, compared to a real HM solution?

I’m trying to argue that the business model of Propecia was very telling.

They were trying to launch a pill that would be an easy permanent way to stop most hair loss and it had virtually no side effects for anyone. (Yes, of course that’s not what it turned out to be now that we have a decade of hindsight. But that is what the company marketing planners had originally BELIEVED it would be.)

There are pills in the pharmaceutical world that cost hundreds of dollars a month. Many thousands of bucks a year. They could have done this with Propecia and yet they chose not to. Right from the start, they calculated that there would be more money from a MPB treatment that was middle-class cheap than exclusively priced for a few buyers. This calculation is relevant to HM.

» interesting, if there will come out permanent cure for HIV/AIDS in the
» future, do they ask so big or even bigger money from patients too? “if you
» pay,then you can live, if you don’t you gonna die soon.” crazy to think
» about this so

that s exactly how it works in the US, you have a problem with that? that s what we call human rights in this country, for middle class americans, we have the choice of either food or health care, pick one. if u dont have money then u deserve to die.

» » Are you talking about a 1 time payment that s all? Never again do I have
» to
» » pay for my hair after a 1 time payment? I am willing to pay up to $30K
» for
» » that. However if you are thinking $30K to get my hair back and they
» will
» » fall again in a few years and I have to keep paying to maintain the
» hair,
» » then forget it, I won’t pay a penny for that.
»
» I can’t believe everyone is asking these questions, of course it’s a one
» time payment or this poll will be totally meaningless. Geez

The poll IS totally meaningless

» » » Are you talking about a 1 time payment that s all? Never again do I
» have
» » to
» » » pay for my hair after a 1 time payment? I am willing to pay up to
» $30K
» » for
» » » that. However if you are thinking $30K to get my hair back and they
» » will
» » » fall again in a few years and I have to keep paying to maintain the
» » hair,
» » » then forget it, I won’t pay a penny for that.
» »
» » I can’t believe everyone is asking these questions, of course it’s a
» one
» » time payment or this poll will be totally meaningless. Geez
»
» The poll IS totally meaningless

Spot on hairman2 - A big meaningless at that - When the cure comes out perhaps we’ll all be glad to be hairy and older,but not wiser!!!

I may have had it worse than most, early HTs with bad results and scarring complemented with accelerated hairloss from all those work. So much so that I have to spent time and effort every morning to ‘fix’ things up, sometimes multiple times a day.

Topple that with years of of monies spent on dermatch, toppik, couvre, hairspray as well as propecia and whatever chemicals that was purported to be effective for the time.

Oh not to mention, pillow cases, bedsheets, showers that have been stained from the cover-up stuff…

I am also very certain that career movements have been hampered by my balding ‘looks’, not being the youthful looking guy I once was. And (I dread to think) some may be even on to me that I’m using cover-ups, dermatch, toppik to cover up my balding spots, another major demerit. Which of course, doesn’t bode well with a confident, inspiring demeanor as well. Thus, factor in the income losses into the picture.

Plus the ability to be able to actually swim in public pools, not avoid convertibles or any wind in general…

Stopping short of dipping into my kid’s college fund and hinged on my ability to repay back, I would gladly beg, steal or borrow hundreds of thousands ($$$) to get a full set of hair back.